2019 Yz250f otd

9to5guy
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 9:29am
So I was talking to a local dealer here in Florida about the new Yamaha and asked what the out the door price was and laughed all the way out to my truck when he said $10,090
Has anyone else hit a higher one yet just curious lol
|
mxer613
9/26/2018 12:24pm
I paid $8300 otd for a 2019 yz450f
GoYamaha
9/26/2018 12:47pm
I paid $7400 here in FL. I work at a dealer though. If you mention Florida Motocross Group at almost every dealer here in FL they give you a better price. I think if you can find one around $8500 it would be a killer deal.
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
9to5guy
9/26/2018 12:50pm
I just thought it was hilarious all the markup they just kept adding on and then acting like it’s the normal price
mxb2
9/26/2018 12:51pm
GoYamaha wrote:
I paid $7400 here in FL. I work at a dealer though. If you mention Florida Motocross Group at almost every dealer here in FL they...
I paid $7400 here in FL. I work at a dealer though. If you mention Florida Motocross Group at almost every dealer here in FL they give you a better price. I think if you can find one around $8500 it would be a killer deal.
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
Why pay $8500, when they can be bought for ,$7400.

The Shop

GoYamaha
9/26/2018 12:54pm
I work at a dealer. I think for someone that has no relation with a dealer and to just walk in I think $8500 is fair. You have to remember in FL Tax/registration/title is not an option. There is also a setup and build that is not an option. Tire and battery tax is also added. Most will take the build/prep off the top number to make up for having it in there.
GoYamaha
dedi684
9/26/2018 1:37pm
Sounds like a good reason to travel to a dealer in another state then.
752dad
9/26/2018 2:05pm
$7988 OTD here in Michigan.

KC
9/26/2018 2:29pm
GoYamaha wrote:
I paid $7400 here in FL. I work at a dealer though. If you mention Florida Motocross Group at almost every dealer here in FL they...
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
By telling someone you paid 7400 - then saying 8500 is a good deal - it kinda makes 7400 sound like the good deal. Just keep the deal to yourself!

I think dealers should make money too - and selling a dirtbike for 100 or 200 dollars profit doesn't make a 7000 dollar investment seem worthwhile vs other investment options out there in the world....

And guess what - dealers ARENT supporting dirtbikes...cause it AINT worth it.

Next time you walk in and ask for an oem top end and they have to order it....yeah - comes with also wanting bikes at cost.

Just my two cents...if true invoice is 7000 - then 8500 OTD is a SMOKING DEAL
IN tx tax would be 8.25% = 577 bucks on 7000 - new total 7600

you DO pay shipping on bikes as a dealer - between 100-350 per bike depending on how it was ordered - say 150 for a big dealer per bike. 7750

you DO pay to have a kid assemble it and sign his name on an OEM check list for warranty purpose - 50 bucks up to 7800

you DO pay to dispose of the crate - say cost averaged 10 bucks a bike 7810

you DO pay to have floor space/shop - a small retail space easily be 3k a month - most decent dealers pay around 7-10k a month - averaged over 100 units for that sort of space - 100 per unit 7910

You DO pay taxes on the property if it's already paid off and your not leasing - wont add in.

you DO pay a dealer franchise fee in tx just for the right to sell - depends per state - tx it's like 1k all in per year or something off hand

you DO pay a franchise tax in tx if you do over 1000000 gross as a business - not that lofty for a powersports dealer. In tx thats like .3 percent - so not much but when your selling at cost - it's just a loss.

You DO pay the sales guy - absolute shit on dirtbikes - between 3-10 percent of PROFIT off the bike - call that 100 bucks if you tried to sell for 1k profit

And if your a poor bastard like me you maybe took a risk trying to make money and financed the sucker - call it 2 percent on the unit if you sold it in 3 months - 140 bucks

Your at 8100 just selling it at cost....and that's on the low side - if cost were 7 - a fair estimate.

10k OTD is probably a little too steep to be competitive in the market - but if he said 9k - he'd be making no more than 10 percent on his investment if he were LUCKY...

mxb2
9/26/2018 3:14pm
GoYamaha wrote:
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
By telling someone you paid 7400 - then saying 8500 is a good deal - it kinda makes 7400 sound like the good deal. Just keep...
By telling someone you paid 7400 - then saying 8500 is a good deal - it kinda makes 7400 sound like the good deal. Just keep the deal to yourself!

I think dealers should make money too - and selling a dirtbike for 100 or 200 dollars profit doesn't make a 7000 dollar investment seem worthwhile vs other investment options out there in the world....

Next time you walk in and ask for an oem top end and they have to order it....yeah - comes with also wanting bikes at cost.

you DO pay shipping on bikes as a dealer - between 100-350 per bike depending on how it was ordered - say 150 for a big dealer per bike. 7750

you DO pay to have a kid assemble it and sign his name on an OEM check list for warranty purpose - 50 bucks up to 7800

you DO pay to have floor space/shop - a small retail space easily be 3k a month - most decent dealers pay around 7-10k a month - averaged over 100 units for that sort of space - 100 per unit 7910

You DO pay taxes on the property if it's already paid off and your not leasing - wont add in.

you DO pay a dealer franchise fee in tx just for the right to sell - depends per state - tx it's like 1k all in per year or something off hand

you DO pay a franchise tax in tx if you do over 1000000 gross as a business - not that lofty for a powersports dealer. In tx thats like .3 percent - so not much but when your selling at cost - it's just a loss.

You DO pay the sales guy - absolute shit on dirtbikes - between 3-10 percent of PROFIT off the bike - call that 100 bucks if you tried to sell for 1k profit

And if your a poor bastard like me you maybe took a risk trying to make money and financed the sucker - call it 2 percent on the unit if you sold it in 3 months - 140 bucks

Your at 8100 just selling it at cost....and that's on the low side - if cost were 7 - a fair estimate.

10k OTD is probably a little too steep to be competitive in the market - but if he said 9k - he'd be making no more than 10 percent on his investment if he were LUCKY...

Bingo, posting hookup prices puts dealers in a bad position. Now people know what the bike can be sold for.
usafwx
9/26/2018 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 8:32pm
$8199 OTD here in AZ, first one in blue in AZ too. Back in August.
Fresh
Fantasy
3312th
9/27/2018 4:26am
I paid $10,000 for a 2018

In Aus
Ewan49
9/27/2018 5:48am
GoYamaha wrote:
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
I think that is a really crap move to say what you paid at your dealer. Your boss was awesome enough to do that for you and you go and repay them by putting it out there on Vital, which will no doubt create plenty of unwanted drama not just for your boss, but for potentially every Yamaha dealer across the country. And to me you did it just to "show off" It's like you are saying ner ner I paid $7400 but if you can get it for $8500 you are getting a killer deal.
Just my $0.02
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
9/27/2018 6:30am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 6:31am
GoYamaha wrote:
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
Ewan49 wrote:
I think that is a really crap move to say what you paid at your dealer. Your boss was awesome enough to do that for you...
I think that is a really crap move to say what you paid at your dealer. Your boss was awesome enough to do that for you and you go and repay them by putting it out there on Vital, which will no doubt create plenty of unwanted drama not just for your boss, but for potentially every Yamaha dealer across the country. And to me you did it just to "show off" It's like you are saying ner ner I paid $7400 but if you can get it for $8500 you are getting a killer deal.
Just my $0.02
Agreed-

When I was working directly for Yamaha we were paying ~30% under dealer cost for product (even less for parts), but never once shared that pricing with anyone! Note: We had to keep the product for at least 12 months.
oceantrav
9/27/2018 7:45am
GoYamaha wrote:
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
Where’s the best place in Florida to get a leftover 2018 yz450f you think?
Racer111
9/27/2018 8:08am
GoYamaha wrote:
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
By telling someone you paid 7400 - then saying 8500 is a good deal - it kinda makes 7400 sound like the good deal. Just keep...

mxb2 wrote:
Bingo, posting hookup prices puts dealers in a bad position. Now people know what the bike can be sold for.
No, you aren’t an employee. Just like I can’t get a Toyota Tacoma as cheap as someone who works for Toyota. He’s an employee with employee pricing. Employees everywhere get better deals than the customers. I’d love free taco’s from Taco Bell. Am I mad that employees get them and I don’t? No, it’s just how it is.

If you think YOU Are entitled to the same price as an employee, you’re high. Everyone here gripes and complains about how the Industry is in trouble. It’s in trouble because of duchebags like you wanting everything as close to free as you can get. If you don’t want to pay, then pick up tennis and go haggle someone over the prices on tennis balls and racquets.
Payup_199
9/27/2018 8:54am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 8:55am
GoYamaha wrote:
Just my $0.02
GoYamaha
oceantrav wrote:
Where’s the best place in Florida to get a leftover 2018 yz450f you think?
Rock River Yamaha (the race team dealership), up here in wisconsin, keeps advertising they have (2) 2017 450's brand new for $5,995, comes with an extra new rear tire as well.
mxb2
9/27/2018 9:07am

mxb2 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
No, you aren’t an employee. Just like I can’t get a Toyota Tacoma as cheap as someone who works for Toyota. He’s an employee with employee...
No, you aren’t an employee. Just like I can’t get a Toyota Tacoma as cheap as someone who works for Toyota. He’s an employee with employee pricing. Employees everywhere get better deals than the customers. I’d love free taco’s from Taco Bell. Am I mad that employees get them and I don’t? No, it’s just how it is.

If you think YOU Are entitled to the same price as an employee, you’re high. Everyone here gripes and complains about how the Industry is in trouble. It’s in trouble because of duchebags like you wanting everything as close to free as you can get. If you don’t want to pay, then pick up tennis and go haggle someone over the prices on tennis balls and racquets.
Idgaf what the price is, why post it then. Oh yea to be the cool guy. I spend plenty of $$, but i dont post on vital is my point idiot. Arent you the same guy that changed his mind numerous times, not knowing what to buy. Lmao.
Spydee
9/27/2018 9:19am
Racer111 wrote:
No, you aren’t an employee. Just like I can’t get a Toyota Tacoma as cheap as someone who works for Toyota. He’s an employee with employee...

Yeti365
9/27/2018 9:29am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 9:30am
One of many reasons I invested in lots of tooling and just buy used bikes. If the cases, frame, head, crank, electrical and suspension are good then I'm sold if it's a bike I want.

I haven't purchased a new bike since my 2008 rmz450.

Not trying to talk you down or anything. But try scrounging Craigslist, there are A LOT of fresh bikes that people sell.

Post a reply to: 2019 Yz250f otd

The Latest