2019 YZ250F Excel Wheels

mxrider971
9/13/2018 3:46pm
Unfortunate for sure, but who knows what caused it? Could’ve landed on a rock, square edge or just simply overshot. can’t really blame Yamaha here.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/13/2018 6:25pm
langhammx wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, I have 3 sets of Yellow Excel rims for my Suzuki’s and all three fronts and 2 of the...
If it makes you feel any better, I have 3 sets of Yellow Excel rims for my Suzuki’s and all three fronts and 2 of the rears, look like stop signs.

I put A-60 rims on my KTM’s and they are still in very good condition, after 20 hours. Only downfall of the A-60’s is they only come in black.
My pops went through three front rims on his 15 rmz450 before we finally got a set of tusk wheels for it. Wheels have been through two bikes and only had to replace the front rim once.
9/13/2018 6:29pm
On another note, do they come out with Pirellis stock now?
We've always seen Dunlops here standard.
cody41
9/13/2018 6:39pm
Did you torque the spokes before riding the bike? Did you check the spokes after each moto? The spokes are almost always loose from the factory, and it takes a few hours before the spoke tension settles. If you didn’t do this then there is your issue.

The Shop

Lynch
9/13/2018 9:56pm
On another note, do they come out with Pirellis stock now?
We've always seen Dunlops here standard.
EU Yamahas = Pirelli
US Yamahas = Bridgestone
AUS Yamahas = ?? Silly
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
9/13/2018 10:14pm
MX915 wrote:
Stock "excel" rims are not the excel rims you buy aftermarket. They're made to an OEM price point and they slap an excel sticker on there...
Stock "excel" rims are not the excel rims you buy aftermarket. They're made to an OEM price point and they slap an excel sticker on there to make you feel good.
CSAR FE wrote:
This is true. I had a long conversation with Colin at FasterUSA about this. I guess a "true" Takasago rim has the excel logo printed twice...
This is true. I had a long conversation with Colin at FasterUSA about this. I guess a "true" Takasago rim has the excel logo printed twice on each side of the rim (180 degrees out from eachother).

The Dirt Stars we get on the Husky's are the same story. Just a cheaper, softer rim with the Dirt Star logo on them.

My advice would be to have them relaced with A60s or "real" Takasago rims.
Even the "real" Takasago rims ain't what they used to be. They've been made in Thailand for some years now. As far as I know, the only rims still made in Japan are the A60's and the DID LTX/STX.
9/14/2018 1:46am Edited Date/Time 9/14/2018 1:47am
Buy some tusks then......

Flat spots are normal wear and tear man.....can’t really prevent them. Just one of those things that happens. Just like the white nasty lines that show up in the Yamaha plastic after a few dumps.
DoubleA
9/14/2018 1:49am
I was riding with the OP at the weekend, it was his first session on the track so there was no bumps and hardly any ruts. Track we rode was pretty sandy and wet. Not really any stones on the track which we rode that day. 20mins riding on a brand new rim, and now has to spend more money for a new one think you can see why he is pissed.

Also he hasn't had a bike in a year and a half so is slightly disappointed with it.
TeamGreen
9/14/2018 4:47am
Buy some tusks then...... Flat spots are normal wear and tear man.....can’t really prevent them. Just one of those things that happens. Just like the white...
Buy some tusks then......

Flat spots are normal wear and tear man.....can’t really prevent them. Just one of those things that happens. Just like the white nasty lines that show up in the Yamaha plastic after a few dumps.
Use a heat-gun and you can -carefully- make those white marks go away.
FiendzCC
9/14/2018 9:05am
FGR01 wrote:
Even the "real" Takasago rims ain't what they used to be. They've been made in Thailand for some years now. As far as I know, the...
Even the "real" Takasago rims ain't what they used to be. They've been made in Thailand for some years now. As far as I know, the only rims still made in Japan are the A60's and the DID LTX/STX.
That isn't true. Excel still makes their aftermarket Takasago rim in their Japan factory. I've never heard of a factory being located in Thailand, but I have heard of one in Malaysia which is where they make the stock rims and also their Notako rims.
9/14/2018 10:21am
it must be nice for some of you guys saying go buy new wheels A60, Tusks etc the whole point im trying to say is i shouldn't have to i just paid £7,000 i cant afford to go buy a new set of wheels for £800-£1000 and i shouldn't have to that rim should of lasted way longer than a session
mister2dt
9/14/2018 10:46am
Why buy a wheel when all you need is a rim? 1/3 of the cost of a complete wheel.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/14/2018 11:05am
it must be nice for some of you guys saying go buy new wheels A60, Tusks etc the whole point im trying to say is i...
it must be nice for some of you guys saying go buy new wheels A60, Tusks etc the whole point im trying to say is i shouldn't have to i just paid £7,000 i cant afford to go buy a new set of wheels for £800-£1000 and i shouldn't have to that rim should of lasted way longer than a session
Like I said, I got mine as a Christmas gift. A new Tusk complete wheel is $279usd plus freight. Or front and rear $549.99usd plus freight. Idk if they do free shipping overseas or not, but they do for the states. You have to realize that shit happens man. It's not Yamaha's fault that your wheel did that.

Post a reply to: 2019 YZ250F Excel Wheels

The Latest