2019 US silly season

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2018 2:00 PM

Lots of changes this year. watcha got

|

7/4/2018 2:45 PM

Is the Webb to KTM thing still going on? I think I heard on Pulp that KTM may no longer be interested or something along those lines.

|

7/4/2018 2:47 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Is the Webb to KTM thing still going on? I think I heard on Pulp that KTM may no longer be interested or something along those lines.

Yeah kinda have a feeling he stays at Yamaha. I have no idea who gets the ktm spot tho.

|

7/4/2018 3:54 PM

Webb stays with a pay cut and higher incentives
Josh Grants replaces by unknown rider
Barcia becomes team leader at Yamaha with a big raise
No word on a replacement for Tickle at Ktm yet
Bogle stays at JGR
Osborne full time 450s
Rules are bent again giving Savatgy another shot at a 250 title and Davalos rides for Pro Circuit again while collecting social security

|

7/4/2018 4:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 4:02 PM

I thought they discussed it again on Pulp and said Webb to KTM and Deano most likely to Yamaha to team with Barcia?

Joey having the second seat at Monster locked down was mentioned too.

|

7/4/2018 4:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 4:28 PM

MrKnowNothing wrote:

Webb stays with a pay cut and higher incentives
Josh Grants replaces by unknown rider
Barcia becomes team leader at Yamaha with a big raise
No word on a replacement for Tickle at Ktm yet
Bogle stays at JGR
Osborne full time 450s
Rules are bent again giving Savatgy another shot at a 250 title and Davalos rides for Pro Circuit again while collecting social security

I think Savatgy will be in 450 due to the point rules if I remember well. Kawi would be the most direct and logical move, still I wonder about Grant as he is usually a great 2nd rider.

The 2nd seat at KTM is clearly the main piece of the puzzle I guess, once it is settled there should be a few announcements. (And I have no clue who gets it since no 250 or 450 rider is showing enough speed to run with Tomac except, sometimes, the fast Frenchman smile )

|

7/4/2018 4:32 PM

JS17 and Webb will be one year deals in my opinion. AC and AP will be on 450's full time by 2020.

|

7/4/2018 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 5:10 PM

Monster Energy Kawasaki
Eli Tomac - still in contract
Joey Savatgy? - Incoming?

Red Bull KTM
Marvin Musquin - Still in contract
Cooper Webb - Incoming?
Third spot? - rumor is, the team wants three guys, maybe Shane McElrath gets the nod? Leaving room to keep A-Mart?

Rockstar Husqvarna 450
Jason Anderson - Under contract
Zach Osborne - Under contract
Dean Wilson? - Maybe the team goes three and keeps Dean?

JGR Suzuki 450
Justin Hill - Under contract
Weston Peick - Needs to extend deal, pretty likely to do so
Third spot? - I wouldn't be surprised to see a third spot develop at this team

Monster Energy Yamaha
Justin Barcia - Needs to sign an extension, very likely
Cooper Webb? - If KTM doesn't work out
Dean Wilson? - if Husky can't go 3

HRC Honda
Ken Roczen - under contract
Cole Seely? - contract is up, would need to extend
Christian Craig? - hearing 450 for him, maybe HRC, between him and Seely?

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC KTM 450
Blake Baggett - under contrat
Benny Bloss - would need to re-up?

Bullfrog Spas/Smartop MCR
Justin Brayton - under contract
Vince Friese or Jake Weimer - either would need to extend their deals
Third spot - Genova said around Vegas he was interested in guys like Seely, Craig, Bogle, etc...

Rock River 450
Alex Ray? - The team was unsure of fielding a 450 this year, will they next year?

Pro Circuit Kawasaki
Adam Cianciarulo - under contract
Austin Forkner - under contract
Garret Marchbanks - under contract
Martin Davalos - heard he re-upped his deal

Geico Honda
Hunter Lawrence - under contract
RJ Hampshire - under contract
Chase Sexton - under contract
Jeremy Martin - under contract
Christian Craig? - maybe he returns? Maybe 250 SX and 450 outdoors with HRC?

TLD KTM
Jordon Smith - under contract
Mitchell Falk - under contract
Sean Cantrell - under contract
Shane McElrath - under contract (unless the 450 team wanted him)
Alex Martin? - Likely out unless a spot frees up.

JGR Suzuki 250
Alex Martin? - Incoming if TLD is a no?
Jimmy Decotis?
Enzo Lopes?
Kyle Peters?

Rockstar Husky 250
Thomas Covington - under contract
Jordan Bailey - under contract
Phil Nicoletti? - head he might stay, 250 indoors and outdoors, maybe 250 indoors and 450 outdoors?
Michael Mosiman or Mitchell Harrison? - Between those two for the final spot, neither have contracts, I heard...

Star Racing Yamaha
Colt Nichols - under contract
Justin Cooper - under contract
Mitchell Oldenburg - under contract
Dylan Ferrandis - under contract
Aaron Plessinger - under contract, will defend 250 SX, heard 450 outdoors is a possibility.

Traders (brand?)
Luke Renzland - seems likely to return
Nick Gaines?

Phoenix Racing Honda (sponsor by SX?) 450 and 250s?

AJE Husqvarna
Justin Starling - under contract

|

7/4/2018 4:49 PM

How tld would consider dropping championship contender
a-mart for 7-13 place Smith is beyond me

|

7/4/2018 4:59 PM

Personally I'm disappointed that JMart will still be on a 250.

|

7/4/2018 5:07 PM

Why are You guys are acting like 450 teams are going to have 3 riders. Not gonna happen. it’s not like the factory teams did that the last couple years

|

7/4/2018 5:09 PM

Spudinki25 wrote:

Smith re-signed last year and Shane did before this season (both Smith and McElrath have contended for their respected Supercross coasts) and with their commitment to their amateurs, Mitchell Falk has a spot coming into the team and Sean Cantrell was guaranteed two years pro. This is just my opinion, but I'm thinking if the team could...they would be letting Cantrell go if he wasn't locked in.

To put it bluntly, the two long-term amateur deals which were signed years ago...mean that A-Mart was competing against McElrath and Smith for a job.

A-Mart and Smith have been on the team the same amount of time, they've both missed a chunk of racing. Smith hasn't made outdoors the first two years on the team. But, he has 2 more wins and 2 more podiums. And of course, a few of A-Mart's podiums have come in the past few weeks. A recent string of good results is nice for negotiations, but only if the team has a free spot to negotiate for. Maybe they'll work out a spot for him, maybe not...

Here are A-Mart's three championship scores since joining the team: (9 podiums, 1 win)

Photo

McElrath's time with the team: (19 podiums, 6 wins)

Photo

Smith's time with the team: (11 podiums, 3 wins)

Photo

|

7/4/2018 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2018 5:13 PM

Kyle_McNab wrote:

Why are You guys are acting like 450 teams are going to have 3 riders. Not gonna happen. it’s not like the factory teams did that the last couple years

JGR was committed to running three bikes this year if needed, that's why I have them listed. They were going to continue to field Nicoletti when Bogle came back, but there wasn't budget for pay. So they let him free to pursue a good gig with Husky. If Bogle would've come back late in SX, they were committed to running Peick, Bogle, and Stewart.

Red Bull KTM did the past year and rumor is that they would like to again.

Rockstar Husky is a maybe, to keep Dean.

Not suggesting the other three (Kawi, Yamaha, or Honda) will support three riders.

|

7/4/2018 5:19 PM

Kyle_McNab wrote:

ML512 wrote:

JGR was committed to running three bikes this year if needed, that's why I have them listed. They were going to continue to field Nicoletti when Bogle came back, but there wasn't budget for pay. So they let him free to pursue a good gig with Husky. If Bogle would've come back late in SX, they were committed to running Peick, Bogle, and Stewart.

Red Bull KTM did the past year and rumor is that they would like to again.

Rockstar Husky is a maybe, to keep Dean.

Not suggesting the other three (Kawi, Yamaha, or Honda) will support three riders.

It's a shame the factory teams don't run three rider teams, especially when you consider how easily the riders can get hurt. With the current state of SX and MX the teams could probably get away without having to pay second and third riders big money deals, just the offer of factory equipment with performance bonuses would probably be enough to keep riders happy.

|

7/4/2018 5:27 PM

One retired pro will be lining up for A1!

|

7/4/2018 5:40 PM

Davalos collecting Social Security is the funniest thing I have seen all day

|

7/4/2018 5:49 PM

I hope JGR gives Bogle another shot. This year has been a write off but the guy won motos and an overall in 2017. Otherwise it's going to be tight for him to find a deal.

ML512, is there any word on Suzuki having another supported team using the Livin' 100 money? Could they throw that $$ behind HEP to up their game? Definitely need more Zooks on the results sheet. Also, Kawasaki could definitely stand to have a satellite 450 team of some sort.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

7/4/2018 7:17 PM

Spudinki25 wrote:

Smith is a contender in supercross and A-Mart isnt. Supercross usually gets the nod.

|

7/4/2018 7:19 PM

Just silly!

|

7/4/2018 7:46 PM

What about stew?

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/4/2018 7:47 PM

Stew hew?

|

7/4/2018 8:00 PM

Forgot about SevenMX/CR22 with Malcolm, Reed, James.

|

7/4/2018 8:17 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

I hope JGR gives Bogle another shot. This year has been a write off but the guy won motos and an overall in 2017. Otherwise it's going to be tight for him to find a deal.

ML512, is there any word on Suzuki having another supported team using the Livin' 100 money? Could they throw that $$ behind HEP to up their game? Definitely need more Zooks on the results sheet. Also, Kawasaki could definitely stand to have a satellite 450 team of some sort.

There wasn’t any livin 100 money, just some bikes and a bit of parts. I’d say there’s a strong chance though, that Suzuki will have additional 450s outside of JGR. They’re down to help smaller teams or even individuals, which I’m stoked to see. I wish more OEMs would do support level teams to a consistent degree.

|

7/4/2018 11:08 PM

I would take grant over savatgy any day of the week.... but that's me and I'm not running a factory race team.

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

7/4/2018 11:35 PM

I don't know if Webb goes to KTM but I think he wants off that bike for sure.

Dudes like that don't take the it's me not the bike thing for too long too well...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/4/2018 11:41 PM

imoto34 wrote:

Dunkey, Weimer or Canard?

|

7/4/2018 11:44 PM

There are many top riders to sing for RockyMountian/KTM if they want to up their team.
JGR 3rd spot most likely to Mookie as they are still supporting him.

|

7/4/2018 11:45 PM

Im intrigued by this from Dean Ferris in his most recent blog

"" After Manjimup, I zipped back across the country, scooped up Renae and baby Myah and flew my little family across to California for a week. I had a couple of meetings while I was state side and the rest of our short trip was spent dealing with jet lag and a little sight seeing. I showed the girls around, caught up with a few mates but ultimately ended up at Disney Land haha. We checked out Hollywood Boulevard which was a disappointment, but then we went across to Beverly Hills which was much nicer. We ended up walking down some famous street where Julia Roberts went shopping in "Pretty Women" (or something like that..). I kinda struggle to enjoy time off while I'm in season, but it was probably good for me in some way. You could probably guess what the whole USA trip was all about... Hopefully I'll have some good news in my next blog wink ""

I thought he signed with CDR through 2019?
He ruled out being on our mxon team early on, because it clashes with sx..seems really motivated for sx this year..

So if he were to lob in the USA for 2019, where would he land?

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

7/5/2018 12:33 AM

imoto34 wrote:

tek14 wrote:

Dunkey, Weimer or Canard?

Weimer is not retired and Canard isn't lining up anytime soon.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/5/2018 4:14 AM

PJRAUS wrote:

Im intrigued by this from Dean Ferris in his most recent blog

"" After Manjimup, I zipped back across the country, scooped up Renae and baby Myah and flew my little family across to California for a week. I had a couple of meetings while I was state side and the rest of our short trip was spent dealing with jet lag and a little sight seeing. I showed the girls around, caught up with a few mates but ultimately ended up at Disney Land haha. We checked out Hollywood Boulevard which was a disappointment, but then we went across to Beverly Hills which was much nicer. We ended up walking down some famous street where Julia Roberts went shopping in "Pretty Women" (or something like that..). I kinda struggle to enjoy time off while I'm in season, but it was probably good for me in some way. You could probably guess what the whole USA trip was all about... Hopefully I'll have some good news in my next blog wink ""

I thought he signed with CDR through 2019?
He ruled out being on our mxon team early on, because it clashes with sx..seems really motivated for sx this year..

So if he were to lob in the USA for 2019, where would he land?

He probably has an option that allows him out of his co tract if it’s a US team and not an AUS team.

He needs to focus on SX if he is going to race in the US as that’s were the exposure is and he won’t get much. Or making mains, aswell he probably wants to win both series for Dacka before he leaves

Most likely land on a Yamaha as he loves the bike and is very familiar with it, no point coming all the way over and trying to get a new bike dialled shortly before A1 when he isn’t quite at the level of the top guys in the US just yet.

Hope he gets a good deal and can show his potential especially in MX full time

|