2019 Silly Season

Tim507
5/7/2018 12:08pm
AP: is staying with starr because the new thing is to make the 250 class legit and have champions grow old and stay instead of packing...
AP: is staying with starr because the new thing is to make the 250 class legit and have champions grow old and stay instead of packing the 450 class that loses all of its riders halfway through a season lmao

Kawi ride: Rumors are Savatgy will get it for 1 year and then based on his performance (I really see AC going to Honda with KR in 2020, hes not boys with Tomac like Roczen and diff training camps would be weird being he trains with KR)

Yam: I don't see them letting Webb go unless HE wants to go to KTM, Barcia resigns after a strong motocross season proving hes a top 5 guy

JGR: Complete toss up only Hill and Pieck probably will stay being he proved his worth this year, do they run a 3rd rider? Who knows its a toss up

KTM: MM and.......? Best available rider that's what this thread should debate stop it with this other nonsense

Husky: JA and DW? I think Dean is still worthy of this ride if Bobby stays with his attitude of sticking with riders through the thick understanding their potential, Dean hasn't blown it yet imo

Remaining FA: Seely ( I can see him getting a one yr prove it deal for 19 on Honda)

Bogle MCR #2?
Weimer: Retire bro, join pulpmx
Malcolm: Ride outdoors or shut up and enjoy your brothers private track and spend your own money without excuses

I feel like im missing some potential good riders from 250s or hurt lmk and ill edit this
Scull79 wrote:
Everything you stated sounds true except Webb staying at Yamaha. I think HE is done with Yamaha.
Agree on Webb and I would think it is mutual. Webb needs something new and different if he is going to make an indelible mark on this sport.
5/7/2018 12:46pm
AP: is staying with starr because the new thing is to make the 250 class legit and have champions grow old and stay instead of packing...
AP: is staying with starr because the new thing is to make the 250 class legit and have champions grow old and stay instead of packing the 450 class that loses all of its riders halfway through a season lmao

Kawi ride: Rumors are Savatgy will get it for 1 year and then based on his performance (I really see AC going to Honda with KR in 2020, hes not boys with Tomac like Roczen and diff training camps would be weird being he trains with KR)

Yam: I don't see them letting Webb go unless HE wants to go to KTM, Barcia resigns after a strong motocross season proving hes a top 5 guy

JGR: Complete toss up only Hill and Pieck probably will stay being he proved his worth this year, do they run a 3rd rider? Who knows its a toss up

KTM: MM and.......? Best available rider that's what this thread should debate stop it with this other nonsense

Husky: JA and DW? I think Dean is still worthy of this ride if Bobby stays with his attitude of sticking with riders through the thick understanding their potential, Dean hasn't blown it yet imo

Remaining FA: Seely ( I can see him getting a one yr prove it deal for 19 on Honda)

Bogle MCR #2?
Malcolm: Ride outdoors or shut up and enjoy your brothers private track and spend your own money without excuses

I feel like im missing some potential good riders from 250s or hurt lmk and ill edit this
Scull79 wrote:
Everything you stated sounds true except Webb staying at Yamaha. I think HE is done with Yamaha.
Tim507 wrote:
Agree on Webb and I would think it is mutual. Webb needs something new and different if he is going to make an indelible mark on...
Agree on Webb and I would think it is mutual. Webb needs something new and different if he is going to make an indelible mark on this sport.
Agreed, but if hes done riding a Yamaha, what does Yamaha do? I feel like they'll offer more money wise than KTM and Webb will stick it out. He has said the new bike is better, I feel its bad luck at this point and high expectation after these injuries immediately.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a TLD guy on the 450 KTM next year (Maybe Bogle is the sleeper for the KTM ride?)

MCR stays with Friese for cheap or goes back to Wiemer? Seems like Brayton is their No 1 guy anyways
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
5/7/2018 12:58pm
TXDirt wrote:
Doubt Seely comes back. The way he sounded in his last interview was pretty sobering.
Yeah, he hasn't sounded like somebody who is itching to get back. But that could just be some frustration due to the injury and things will turn around for him as he heals. I hope he makes it back to the track.
BigDaddyG
5/7/2018 1:13pm
What’s the scoop on Benny Bloss? While he did good at Vegas I could totally see him on Rock River. That ride backing up Blake would be a killer ride for a TLD guy to step up into. Or a Savatgy..... or Bloss already signed?

The Shop

mxjon454
5/7/2018 1:35pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
What’s the scoop on Benny Bloss? While he did good at Vegas I could totally see him on Rock River. That ride backing up Blake would...
What’s the scoop on Benny Bloss? While he did good at Vegas I could totally see him on Rock River. That ride backing up Blake would be a killer ride for a TLD guy to step up into. Or a Savatgy..... or Bloss already signed?
No Bloss isn't signed with them for next year. I could see Savagty going there. They have factory equipment, you just dont get your own gear money and stuff, but still factory equipment lol there's no TLD guys ready to move up at the moment either.
5/7/2018 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 1:48pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
What’s the scoop on Benny Bloss? While he did good at Vegas I could totally see him on Rock River. That ride backing up Blake would...
mxjon454 wrote:
No Bloss isn't signed with them for next year. I could see Savagty going there. They have factory equipment, you just dont get your own gear...
No Bloss isn't signed with them for next year. I could see Savagty going there. They have factory equipment, you just dont get your own gear money and stuff, but still factory equipment lol there's no TLD guys ready to move up at the moment either.
As per my post above, Savatgy is going to factory kawi next year on a 1 year deal
kiwifan
5/7/2018 3:59pm
TXDirt wrote:
Doubt Seely comes back. The way he sounded in his last interview was pretty sobering.
RichieW13 wrote:
Yeah, he hasn't sounded like somebody who is itching to get back. But that could just be some frustration due to the injury and things will...
Yeah, he hasn't sounded like somebody who is itching to get back. But that could just be some frustration due to the injury and things will turn around for him as he heals. I hope he makes it back to the track.
I will be a little more positive, I think he will be back, gee the guy has only just been able to start walking again so of course his spirits aren't exactly going to be sky high....he has a lot of time to recover before SX 2019
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
5/7/2018 5:03pm
Very interested to see if Webb really does end up on an orange bike next year..
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Could end up at JGR.

Personally I hope he doesn't end up at Red Bull KTM. Not a fan of him and I like that team.
I hope he doesn’t end up there as well..... He isn’t worthy at all.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/7/2018 5:04pm
Ferrandis signed a new deal with Yamalube Star Racing Yamaha in Vegas.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
5/7/2018 5:06pm
Meaning KTM. Webb doesn’t deserve to be on a team of that level. Decoster demands wins, frequently.....
cable
5/7/2018 5:47pm

Bogle MCR #2?

You forgot Davalos..
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/7/2018 5:52pm

Bogle MCR #2?

cable wrote:
You forgot Davalos..
Forgot that Osborne will be at Husky on a 450 all next year.
RbR
5/7/2018 6:00pm
AP is the guy I'd be trying to sign to an LTA.
TXDirt
5/7/2018 6:48pm
TXDirt wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
Yeah, he hasn't sounded like somebody who is itching to get back. But that could just be some frustration due to the injury and things will...
kiwifan wrote:
I will be a little more positive, I think he will be back, gee the guy has only just been able to start walking again so...
I will be a little more positive, I think he will be back, gee the guy has only just been able to start walking again so of course his spirits aren't exactly going to be sky high....he has a lot of time to recover before SX 2019
While positive, any injury that requires you to be wheelchair bound during your recovery will really start to make you question if it’s worth it.

Now, maybe it is to Cole and more power to him.

Considering his age, years in the sport, money he’s already made and the extent of the injury he sustained makes you wonder if we will see him back on the starting line again.
bvm111
5/7/2018 6:54pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
No Bloss isn't signed with them for next year. I could see Savagty going there. They have factory equipment, you just dont get your own gear...
As per my post above, Savatgy is going to factory kawi next year on a 1 year deal
I would take grant all day long over savatgy... why would you want that whiner representing the brand.
Sully
5/7/2018 7:24pm
TXDirt wrote:
While positive, any injury that requires you to be wheelchair bound during your recovery will really start to make you question if it’s worth it. Now...
While positive, any injury that requires you to be wheelchair bound during your recovery will really start to make you question if it’s worth it.

Considering his age, years in the sport, money he’s already made and the extent of the injury he sustained makes you wonder if we will see him back on the starting line again.
I completely agree. For a badass as he is, I just don't think Cole has that extra gear over an entire season that's needed for a championship (sorry Jarid). Mix that with the fact that he's 29, made plenty of money, and would be coming back from a really gnarly injury, I think the guy can definitely walk away with his head held high. And, he's young enough, seems pretty bright, and has enough side interests, that he could probably even add a few more zeros to the bank account before he retires to a golf course in Palm Springs.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
5/7/2018 8:19pm
TXDirt wrote:
While positive, any injury that requires you to be wheelchair bound during your recovery will really start to make you question if it’s worth it. Now...

Sully wrote:
I completely agree. For a badass as he is, I just don't think Cole has that extra gear over an entire season that's needed for a...
I completely agree. For a badass as he is, I just don't think Cole has that extra gear over an entire season that's needed for a championship (sorry Jarid). Mix that with the fact that he's 29, made plenty of money, and would be coming back from a really gnarly injury, I think the guy can definitely walk away with his head held high. And, he's young enough, seems pretty bright, and has enough side interests, that he could probably even add a few more zeros to the bank account before he retires to a golf course in Palm Springs.
He just turned 28.
Sully
5/7/2018 9:08pm
langhammx wrote:
He just turned 28.
Ah, ok. I was watching Glen Helen from last year, and I thought they said he was 28 then, so that's where that came from. Thanks for clarifying.
racerx317
5/7/2018 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 10:08pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Could end up at JGR.

Personally I hope he doesn't end up at Red Bull KTM. Not a fan of him and I like that team.
dadofagun wrote:
I hope he doesn’t end up there as well..... He isn’t worthy at all.
I’m pretty sure Webb is enough of a douche that DeCoster wouldn’t have him on that team so I don’t even think that’s even a possibility. Imo.
In all fairness to Webb... There haven’t been too many riders at that level that have done well on the Yamaha 450. As much as I don’t like Webb, I think he would be much better on another brand. Kawi would probably be a descent fit for him bike-wise and the two biggest whiners could be consolidated to one team. Honda would be a good fit if he wasn’t for his attitude and beef with KRoc. I’m not sure when these kids are going to realize that their attitudes on and off the track will effect contract offers. There is plenty of talent out there without all the drama.

I think his offers will be limited due to his lack of results and poor attitude in the end. He’ll be lucky to be on one of the main factory teams due to those issues.

5/7/2018 10:43pm
With the way Martin Davalos constantly switches from Rockstar Husq. to Monster Pro Circuit Kawasaki and then back again seemingly every year i imagine he's already signed his Rockstar contacts for 19, 21, 23, 25, 27...... and likewise has already signed his Monster Pro Circuit paperwork for 20, 22, 24, 26, 28 etc. and no need to worry about any silly 450 talk.
billyp330
5/8/2018 4:32am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Could end up at JGR.

Agree. Not a big fan of Webb and i also don't think hes shown enough to deserve that ride. I could see him at JGR since they do have history together, plus if there is one big team out there to pick up an unproven guy and offer him lots of cash for unrealistic expectations, its JGR.

Its not that i dont like JGR, they just seem to have horrible luck and make poor rider choices.
billyp330
5/8/2018 4:37am
I really feel that Rockstar Husky will keep Wilson. They seem pretty confident in sticking with their guys, as they should since it has worked great so far. Really like what i heard from Hewitt in the Racer X podcast. Seems like a great guy.
ehr400
5/8/2018 5:28am
I will go here, I say Honda will start lining somebody up when Kenny's contract is up. He has been a bust, literally, and I highly doubt he will ever be back at the same level he was prior to his injuries. They spent alot of money on him with no results. I believe his contract is up next year correct? Could they go after AP after next year?
toroP
5/8/2018 5:41am
GuyB wrote:
Ferrandis signed a new deal with Yamalube Star Racing Yamaha in Vegas.
Thanks
Actual news!
Mace-x
5/8/2018 6:40am
I like Cole seely, i really do but he has had chance after chance to prove himself and it´s just missing the drive to be a sx champion, as smooth and fast as he is i hated seeing how Anderson just passed him every time, i´m not sure if he will come back but would be cool to see a new HRC rider, i highly doubt it but AC + KR on Hrc would be gold!
hamncheeze
5/8/2018 1:16pm
Daniel Blair on Main Event Moto says credible sources are reporting Webb to KTM and the Baker's Factory. How's that going to work?? Marvin and Webb were not exactly best buddies during 2015 outdoors. Aldon is getting a very complicated situation brewing if he has FOUR 450 riders he's training.
deluxeman
5/8/2018 1:45pm
Kawasaki will now have two fast riders that can't seal the deal in SX..........Great strategy, I'd invest huge money in that plan.
5/8/2018 2:58pm
deluxeman wrote:
Kawasaki will now have two fast riders that can't seal the deal in SX..........Great strategy, I'd invest huge money in that plan.
Good point. But 17 has to be out there more than Grant and do better I'd say. Grant has been given enough chances to deliver and time and new talent has caught up
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
5/8/2018 3:32pm
TXDirt wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
Seely was on Pulp MX last night, and he said that he's finally looking forward to riding again.

So maybe he still has the bug!

Post a reply to: 2019 Silly Season

The Latest