2019 Silly Season

shuggs
5/6/2018 2:21pm
Very interested to see if Webb really does end up on an orange bike next year..
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Could end up at JGR.

Personally I hope he doesn't end up at Red Bull KTM. Not a fan of him and I like that team.
I’ll agree with that, hope they stay in house and maybe look towards TLD
Adam43
5/6/2018 2:36pm
Could be a tough off season for Wilson, Grant, and Seely. You get the feeling teams know what they bring to the table, and might roll the dice on some younger talent.

Plessinger is in an ideal position. Obviously he has great ties with Yamaha, but you could see Honda, KTM, and Kaw all taking a run at him.

I think Webb has shown enough to be interesting, surely will be looking at a pay cut from his Yam deal though.

Hill probably earned his 450 ride in that heat race in Tampa.

Savatgy could really change his fortunes with a great outdoor season, but if he does what he's done, I wouldn't expect a nice 450 deal.

Bogle is iffy. Terrible year so far, but before that he legitimately won some races.

Couldn't even hazard a guess on Mookie.

mxjon454
5/6/2018 2:53pm
I hope Rockstat Husky run a 3 man 450 team next year. Anderson. Osborne, and Wilson. Wilson was haulin at A1 before he crashed, and boom with that crash most of his season wasnt up to par with what shouldve been. I hope they give him another shot, i really think he can be a solid top 5 and podium guy indoors and out. Hes beaten all the guys there, Anderson, Tomac, Barcia, Baggett, Musquin. I know it was some time ago, but that fire and that talent is still there. Bobby Hewitt has always been a loyal guy and i think he keep Wilson for another year, just like he'll keep Mosiman next year too.

The Shop

kiwifan
5/6/2018 4:05pm
I wouldnt be surprised if HRC pick up a third rider and keep Seely.

AP will go to KTM and do very very well

Barcia will sign a multi year contract with Yamaha

1 big opinion there, 2 pretty safe.
toddh
5/6/2018 4:28pm
Plessenger will be tomacs team mate next year stamp it
MX-LIFE. wrote:
This would be a nice fit
He's with Star for 2019.
Sully
5/6/2018 4:36pm
51xc wrote:
is that a recent update, because as of twmx he's set to move up at the end of 2018. that's why star racing signed nichols through...
is that a recent update, because as of twmx he's set to move up at the end of 2018. that's why star racing signed nichols through 2020.

also, jmart is supposed to move up which could be bad news for seely. however that was said the last two years now.
I thought JMart was going to be on a Geico 450, not HRC?

For anyone looking for Seely updates, check out his YouTube channel. He has some pretty good videos on there. I could also see Mav being correct, and Seely goes MCR for Supercross only. I think Honda really likes him, and I doubt they want to completely cut ties with him.
TeamGreen
5/6/2018 4:38pm
Plessenger will be tomacs team mate next year stamp it
MX-LIFE. wrote:
This would be a nice fit
toddh wrote:
He's with Star for 2019.
Defending his title...?
Brett_Clark
5/6/2018 4:51pm
I honestly don't see savatgy getting a top level ride. He hasn't delivered a championship in three years at pro circuit. These top level teams want multi time 250sx championship winning guys. I see joey landing on a second level 450 team next year. I can see Kawasaki asking Bowers to race for them again. He's cheap and delivers top ten's or grant if he wants to keep racing
bd
5/6/2018 5:22pm
I honestly don't see savatgy getting a top level ride. He hasn't delivered a championship in three years at pro circuit. These top level teams want...
I honestly don't see savatgy getting a top level ride. He hasn't delivered a championship in three years at pro circuit. These top level teams want multi time 250sx championship winning guys. I see joey landing on a second level 450 team next year. I can see Kawasaki asking Bowers to race for them again. He's cheap and delivers top ten's or grant if he wants to keep racing
Savatgy will land a ride with JGR.
brimx153
5/6/2018 6:01pm
I think Joey would be a good sign for a team needing a back up rider .as you d get him alot cheaper than plessenger . Plus who knows maybe he d be a better 450 rider . It's not like speed is a problem for him . Webb has been liking jgr alot on Instagram could be because he rode there as a youth or maybe there is something to him going to jgr. Imo I could see someone like seeley at ktm . As I don't think MM25 would dig Webb there . J mart to hrc with maybe Craig too. Plessnger to stay Star 250. JG33 to stay kawi. Then AC there in 20.
brimx153
5/6/2018 6:15pm
Bogle is the wild card . Not many riders on the list looking for rides could do what he did last year . But the injury s is the risk .
endurox
5/6/2018 8:11pm
kiwifan wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised if HRC pick up a third rider and keep Seely. AP will go to KTM and do very very well Barcia will...
I wouldnt be surprised if HRC pick up a third rider and keep Seely.

AP will go to KTM and do very very well

Barcia will sign a multi year contract with Yamaha

1 big opinion there, 2 pretty safe.
And maybe Webb as a 3rd rider at Red Bull KTM.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/6/2018 8:19pm
Plessinger said on Pulp MX last week that he re-signed for 2019 and will be doing 250 Supercross again and “planning on” doing 450 outdoors
Sully
5/6/2018 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 8:39pm
Not according to hints from will hahns insta post today
What hints?
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/06/259614/s1200_600A4E99_0AAC_4681_8F70_84C850D032F6.jpg[/img]
Are you talking about the last sentence? Kendall is Plessinger's (now) fiancè. He proposed to her after the race last night, that's the next chapter Wilbur's talking about...marriage.

ETA: Or are you talking about Mike Williamson liking the post?
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
5/6/2018 8:57pm
Given Yamaha's situation at the moment, I would be very surprised if Plessinger doesn't take Webb's spot at Yamaha, and Webb take Tickle's spot at KTM.
HuskyEd
5/6/2018 10:30pm
Plessinger himself said on PulpMX that he’s racing 250s for Star next year
jbrown15
5/6/2018 10:34pm
Do people not pay attention?...lol
A few guys have said it a few times already, AP is signed to race 250's again next year for Star. He's not going 450.
kiwifan
5/7/2018 12:48am
jbrown15 wrote:
Do people not pay attention?...lol A few guys have said it a few times already, AP is signed to race 250's again next year for Star...
Do people not pay attention?...lol
A few guys have said it a few times already, AP is signed to race 250's again next year for Star. He's not going 450.
I saw the comments but I still thought he would go to KTM, but now I have seen the post where it was announced on Pulp then I see thats not going to happen Smile
Motofinne
5/7/2018 1:37am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 1:37am
Yeah Plessinger confirmed that he is riding 250 next year. But i wonder if that would change if he wins the 250 outdoor title? Osborne and Martin are the two favorites but Plessinger could win it if he can have better results when he has bad days.

Anyways, i would love to see him on a 450 in 2019. It's been too long since a 250 rider has stepped up to the 450 class and instantly made an impact on that class and i think Plessinger could do it.
philG
5/7/2018 10:19am
AP needs to step up, while there is something to step up to... Webb has been a bust, AP could be the No1 guy at Yamaha now, with Barcia as back up, and be the top guy on blue for ages... Webb to KTM.. i just dont see anyone dropping big $$ to have him, i would say there is more chance of Wilson going back than Webb getting signed, assuming Broc doesnt get a repreive.

As for the green ride, Savatgy has had 3 goes round now at beating half the riders for a title, and hasnt done it, i'd honestly keep Bowers or Grant over him right now.

The KTM ride has to go to a Troy Lee guy else whats the frigging point of having supported riders in 250, that you dont pull through.

Seely will be a 3rd rider at Honda if he comes back, Whether Martin pushes Craig out will remain to be seen.

5/7/2018 10:39am
AP: is staying with starr because the new thing is to make the 250 class legit and have champions grow old and stay instead of packing the 450 class that loses all of its riders halfway through a season lmao

Kawi ride: Rumors are Savatgy will get it for 1 year and then based on his performance (I really see AC going to Honda with KR in 2020, hes not boys with Tomac like Roczen and diff training camps would be weird being he trains with KR)

Yam: I don't see them letting Webb go unless HE wants to go to KTM, Barcia resigns after a strong motocross season proving hes a top 5 guy

JGR: Complete toss up only Hill and Pieck probably will stay being he proved his worth this year, do they run a 3rd rider? Who knows its a toss up

KTM: MM and.......? Best available rider that's what this thread should debate stop it with this other nonsense

Husky: JA and DW? I think Dean is still worthy of this ride if Bobby stays with his attitude of sticking with riders through the thick understanding their potential, Dean hasn't blown it yet imo

Remaining FA: Seely ( I can see him getting a one yr prove it deal for 19 on Honda)

Bogle MCR #2?
Weimer: Retire bro, join pulpmx
Malcolm: Ride outdoors or shut up and enjoy your brothers private track and spend your own money without excuses

I feel like im missing some potential good riders from 250s or hurt lmk and ill edit this
TXDirt
5/7/2018 11:35am
Doubt Seely comes back. The way he sounded in his last interview was pretty sobering.
Scull79
5/7/2018 11:35am
AP: is staying with starr because the new thing is to make the 250 class legit and have champions grow old and stay instead of packing...
AP: is staying with starr because the new thing is to make the 250 class legit and have champions grow old and stay instead of packing the 450 class that loses all of its riders halfway through a season lmao

Kawi ride: Rumors are Savatgy will get it for 1 year and then based on his performance (I really see AC going to Honda with KR in 2020, hes not boys with Tomac like Roczen and diff training camps would be weird being he trains with KR)

Yam: I don't see them letting Webb go unless HE wants to go to KTM, Barcia resigns after a strong motocross season proving hes a top 5 guy

JGR: Complete toss up only Hill and Pieck probably will stay being he proved his worth this year, do they run a 3rd rider? Who knows its a toss up

KTM: MM and.......? Best available rider that's what this thread should debate stop it with this other nonsense

Husky: JA and DW? I think Dean is still worthy of this ride if Bobby stays with his attitude of sticking with riders through the thick understanding their potential, Dean hasn't blown it yet imo

Remaining FA: Seely ( I can see him getting a one yr prove it deal for 19 on Honda)

Bogle MCR #2?
Weimer: Retire bro, join pulpmx
Malcolm: Ride outdoors or shut up and enjoy your brothers private track and spend your own money without excuses

I feel like im missing some potential good riders from 250s or hurt lmk and ill edit this
Everything you stated sounds true except Webb staying at Yamaha. I think HE is done with Yamaha.
mb60
5/7/2018 12:05pm
The # 1 plate pays really good money if we have not learned that. AP 23 Will represent the # 1W next year with a nice payday.

Post a reply to: 2019 Silly Season

The Latest