2019 SX Schedule?

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/10/2018 9:44pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Tweet from Matthes: [i]Quietly in the background the shopping of networks to cover SX has been going on. I hear that NBC might be a leader...
Tweet from Matthes:
Quietly in the background the shopping of networks to cover SX has been going on. I hear that NBC might be a leader right now....stay tuned. Lots of things change when TV partners change...maybe that's holding the schedule up a bit?
Hopefully NBC does pick it up. That way l, along with many Canadians will finally be able to watch it on TV once again.

Won't have to rely on streams or pay for the ridiculous Supercross stream package that isn't up to par.

If it's on NBCSN then it a different story since that's not available up here.

That said if they have an NBC Gold SX package that is commercial free like MX I'll gladly sign up for it. That thing is great.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
7/10/2018 10:06pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Being in NorCal I really hope they come back to San Francisco, even if that means getting rid of the Oakland race. I hate that stadium...
Being in NorCal I really hope they come back to San Francisco, even if that means getting rid of the Oakland race. I hate that stadium and area. The new Levi stadium in Santa Clara is beautiful, super easy to get to, and lots of great stuff to do around the area. Not sure why they only raced there once.
The problem with Santa Clara is they built the stadium in the wrong place facing the wrong way. The sun flares all the way until it sets...and parking is blocks away. Just a pain in the ass.
hamncheeze
7/10/2018 11:40pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Hopefully NBC does pick it up. That way l, along with many Canadians will finally be able to watch it on TV once again. Won't have...
Hopefully NBC does pick it up. That way l, along with many Canadians will finally be able to watch it on TV once again.

Won't have to rely on streams or pay for the ridiculous Supercross stream package that isn't up to par.

That said if they have an NBC Gold SX package that is commercial free like MX I'll gladly sign up for it. That thing is great.
Agreed, if it ends up on NBCSN it would be a massive win for non-US residents, if they offer on NBC Sports Gold like outdoors. They have the streaming service dialled, compared to the POS stream that Feld/Cleeng offer us.

I thought FOX was getting decent ratings with SX, I'm a bit surprised if it gets let go.

MAYBE THIS IS THE CHANCE TO LOSE RALPH AND FRO!
hamncheeze
7/10/2018 11:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 11:43pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Being in NorCal I really hope they come back to San Francisco, even if that means getting rid of the Oakland race. I hate that stadium...
Being in NorCal I really hope they come back to San Francisco, even if that means getting rid of the Oakland race. I hate that stadium and area. The new Levi stadium in Santa Clara is beautiful, super easy to get to, and lots of great stuff to do around the area. Not sure why they only raced there once.
The problem with Santa Clara is they built the stadium in the wrong place facing the wrong way. The sun flares all the way until it...
The problem with Santa Clara is they built the stadium in the wrong place facing the wrong way. The sun flares all the way until it sets...and parking is blocks away. Just a pain in the ass.
They raced there 2x, in 2015 and 2016. I was there in 2015 and it was OK but the crowd was pretty sparse. Next year it looked even worse for turnout, and the track was ridiculously short at 45 sec per lap. That was back in the day of 20 lappers, a total ripoff in terms of racing. Not sure if NorCal can support 2 events based on those years, and maybe in April people just aren't too interested?

Beautiful stadium though, nice restaurant in there too.

The Shop

7/11/2018 7:37am
If the numbers were correct, viewership has increased significantly.

Sounds like a " buy low, sell high" for Fox network.
ProKawi24
7/12/2018 2:34pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
The problem with Santa Clara is they built the stadium in the wrong place facing the wrong way. The sun flares all the way until it...
I would agree the traffic/parking looked pretty crazy. My fiance & I got a hotel room for the whole weekend and ate lunch on the balcony while watching the madness. We were very close, being a paraplegic it only took us 5 minutes to reach the stadium and the streets were all clean and very easy to push around on. The 1 time I went to an Oakland SX I felt like my chair was gonna snap on the streets and was filthy. The seating sucked too but at Santa Clara we felt like VIP's. If it happens to ever come back I'll buy us tickets the minute they go on sale and book the same hotel.
soa
7/13/2018 10:07am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2018 4:25pm
moto348
7/22/2018 10:27am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Hopefully NBC does pick it up. That way l, along with many Canadians will finally be able to watch it on TV once again. Won't have...

hamncheeze wrote:
Agreed, if it ends up on NBCSN it would be a massive win for non-US residents, if they offer on NBC Sports Gold like outdoors. They...
Agreed, if it ends up on NBCSN it would be a massive win for non-US residents, if they offer on NBC Sports Gold like outdoors. They have the streaming service dialled, compared to the POS stream that Feld/Cleeng offer us.

I thought FOX was getting decent ratings with SX, I'm a bit surprised if it gets let go.

MAYBE THIS IS THE CHANCE TO LOSE RALPH AND FRO!
I don't mind Ralph & Jeff, Jeff does a pretty damn good job. But Weigant & GL would be great commentators, their mx broadcasts are awesome and hilarious at times.
rpawley
7/22/2018 2:11pm
moto348 wrote:
I don't mind Ralph & Jeff, Jeff does a pretty damn good job. But Weigant & GL would be great commentators, their mx broadcasts are awesome...
I don't mind Ralph & Jeff, Jeff does a pretty damn good job. But Weigant & GL would be great commentators, their mx broadcasts are awesome and hilarious at times.
Weigant and GL are great. Less dumbing down of the races helps a lot.
mb60
7/22/2018 5:21pm
Wedge and GL do a good job on the outdoors. But I can't stand to listen to this girl in the pits. Why they can't hire someone with racing experience is beyond me. Lol
CincyTriGuy
7/22/2018 7:39pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Agreed. I bought the NBC Gold cycling package so I could watch the Tour de France on my Roku’s and my iPad from anywhere (I’ve been leaving it running on my iPad on my desk at work and it’s been, well, gold). If they did a SX package I’d be all over it. Plus it would allow me to re-evaluate my cable TV package and potentially switch to a lower tier.
Muezh
8/6/2018 9:21am
July 10th has come and gone. Anyone know when the new date is as to when they're going to release the 2019 venues. Detroit was skipped last year and im hoping they bring it back.
brocsdad
8/6/2018 7:36pm
Nashville was added to the schedule.
Muezh
8/7/2018 11:02am
brocsdad wrote:
Nashville is already kick a$$.. this might be my Destination SX this year.
sesker15
8/7/2018 1:29pm
Will the riders make some money from this new TV deal. I hope so.
8/7/2018 1:29pm
Seriously its crunch time... trying to plan my trip to Phx SX and maybe just maybe A1. Kinda hard to plan a trip when they haven’t released the schedule!
8/7/2018 1:34pm
Seriously its crunch time... trying to plan my trip to Phx SX and maybe just maybe A1. Kinda hard to plan a trip when they haven’t...
Seriously its crunch time... trying to plan my trip to Phx SX and maybe just maybe A1. Kinda hard to plan a trip when they haven’t released the schedule!

I'm in the same situation as you, but I booked my plane tickets I just hope I do not have any surprises
DonM
8/7/2018 1:58pm
If the numbers were correct, viewership has increased significantly.

Sounds like a " buy low, sell high" for Fox network.
Not sure what you're trying to say here but Fox has nothing to sell. They paid Feld for the right to broadcast SX and their contract is up so Feld is probably in negotiations with a few networks for those broadcast rights...if there is any "sell high" scenario Feld will be the benefactor.
canciaro
8/7/2018 3:56pm
HuskyEd wrote:
Tweet from Matthes: [i]Quietly in the background the shopping of networks to cover SX has been going on. I hear that NBC might be a leader...
Tweet from Matthes:
Quietly in the background the shopping of networks to cover SX has been going on. I hear that NBC might be a leader right now....stay tuned. Lots of things change when TV partners change...maybe that's holding the schedule up a bit?
-MAVERICK- wrote:

There is no way in hell that the races get put on regular NBC, guaranteed. Maybe the 1 or 2 races like FOX does now but with NBCSN is where the races will go.

Hopefully that way I can get rid of the FOX Racing channel we have here with Cogeco. I get all the races that are on FS1 but the channel has no commercials or much other programming.
yngmdrn
8/7/2018 4:17pm
brocsdad wrote:
Is there a way to confirm this or verify the date? I'm waiting for the schedule like everyone else. I am 5-6 hours from Atlanta and Nashville. If I have my way, I'm going to both if the dates line up.
brocsdad
8/7/2018 7:37pm
brocsdad wrote:
yngmdrn wrote:
Is there a way to confirm this or verify the date? I'm waiting for the schedule like everyone else. I am 5-6 hours from Atlanta and...
Is there a way to confirm this or verify the date? I'm waiting for the schedule like everyone else. I am 5-6 hours from Atlanta and Nashville. If I have my way, I'm going to both if the dates line up.
I’m not sure of the date but Nashville is an open stadium so it will be one of the last stops.

Post a reply to: 2019 SX Schedule?

The Latest