Florida?? Nice! Is that WW?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/3/2018 9:20 AM

Florida national?!?! At WW?

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

10/3/2018 9:36 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

WW Ranch it is.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/3/2018 9:42 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

WW Ranch it is.

Interesting. I'm stoked for the soil there, but the track is pretty flat. Then again, I really like elevation changes. It should be good either way.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/3/2018 9:45 AM

Yahoo!!! Thank you DC and Junior Scarborough!

|

10/3/2018 10:06 AM

Thanks god they took it to WW, muddy creek is horrible track for the pros to race on.

|

10/3/2018 10:10 AM

I attended the MXGP at WW last year. Other than sketchy parking due to rain, it was a great weekend of racing.

|

10/3/2018 10:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2018 10:21 AM

"This could be the last year of Budds Creek! Make sure you make it out!"

Sounds like a new marketing tactic at this point.

|

10/3/2018 10:32 AM

BKoonts wrote:

I attended the MXGP at WW last year. Other than sketchy parking due to rain, it was a great weekend of racing.

Agreed, and the weather is out of anyone's control. There's literally miles of parking at WW. The USGP went off amazing even with the muddy parking. I'm completely stunned that the Nats are finally returning to Florida. Grateful too! Yippee! Wahoo!

|

10/3/2018 10:54 AM

I will miss the Tennessee national, but Florida is a motocross hotbed right now. I just wish it was at Gatorback!

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

10/3/2018 11:42 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

C’mon, man. When it comes to MX Sports, they could hand you a gold brick as you entered the gates of a race, and you’d complain that it wasn’t big enough.

I don’t think they’ve ever used anything approaching that “last race” as a ”marketing tactic.” Has it been a strong rumor? Yes. Has Jonathan made a personal plea? Maybe. I’ve joked that last year was something like the fifth annual last race at Budds.

Having discussed this with some of the MX Sports crew, I think that they love the track at Budds, but wrestle with some of the stuff they deal with when it comes to JB. I also think that with the change to FL this year that they didn’t want to make too many changes to the basics of the series. That’s probably the same reason they’re going back to GH again. Things that Bud wanted last year, like when he was insisting that Eli do a victory lap and high five the VIP fans, at the same time that TV needed him on the podium, made things a little sticky at the time.

I’ll miss Muddy Creek, but I’m looking forward to WW Ranch.

|

10/3/2018 11:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/3/2018 11:55 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

C’mon, man. When it comes to MX Sports, they could hand you a gold brick as you entered the gates of a race, and you’d complain that it wasn’t big enough.

I don’t think they’ve ever used anything approaching that “last race” as a ”marketing tactic.” Has it been a strong rumor? Yes. Has Jonathan made a personal plea? Maybe. I’ve joked that last year was something like the fifth annual last race at Budds.

Having discussed this with some of the MX Sports crew, I think that they love the track at Budds, but wrestle with some of the stuff they deal with when it comes to JB. I also think that with the change to FL this year that they didn’t want to make too many changes to the basics of the series. That’s probably the same reason they’re going back to GH again. Things that Bud wanted last year, like when he was insisting that Eli do a victory lap and high five the VIP fans, at the same time that TV needed him on the podium, made things a little sticky at the time.

I’ll miss Muddy Creek, but I’m looking forward to WW Ranch.

My post had nothing to do with MX Sports, so your first whole statement is based off assumption. For the most part, I never really had much of a problem with MX Sports.. so yea.

This year Beasley has posted on facebook, and I quote, "PLEASE COME, It may be our last without you." Similar posts years prior.

|

10/3/2018 5:39 PM

Maybe some day they will move the first 2 nats to the end of the schedule (in sept) and then those guys could get a little break from the racing grind before the outdoor racing starts.... This would also put the end of the MX season much closer to the MXoN.

|

10/17/2018 3:09 PM

I had heard "rumblings" of no Glen Helen MX National next year since their contract was up? I assume Bud and DC came to the table again?

|

10/17/2018 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2018 4:01 PM

Wish they would rotate more tracks in and out. Minimum 25% of tracks should be replaced each year. And the replaced tracks can always be rotated back in again. Just think it's crazy to have the same tracks for seemingly decades. A track should not be in the rotation for more then 5 straight years. Just my .2 cents.

They should add 3-4 more nationals at the end. Call it a manufactures series or something. And use all new tracks that we don't get to see. This would also help to solve the problem of the gap at the end of seasons between the GP riders and AMA riders.

I dunno.... we need more variety of tracks on the schedule. It's even more important when there are so few national races.

|