2019 KX450 or FC450

WW444
11/2/2018 1:24pm
We got our 19 Kx450 in July for $8600 OTD from Matt at Plainview Motorsports in MN.
Same down south basically. I was quoted 8800 otd in Cullman AL at D&H Cycles.
mxvet
11/4/2018 7:12am
The Husky deal isn't going to work out. The guy decided not to sell. I'll just keep looking and see what comes up. How has Kawasaki reliability been.
datkin128
11/4/2018 8:28am
mxvet wrote:
The Husky deal isn't going to work out. The guy decided not to sell. I'll just keep looking and see what comes up. How has Kawasaki...
The Husky deal isn't going to work out. The guy decided not to sell. I'll just keep looking and see what comes up. How has Kawasaki reliability been.
I think I have 13 hours. No problems
Jbulz
Fantasy
4069th
11/4/2018 2:18pm
mxvet wrote:
The Husky deal isn't going to work out. The guy decided not to sell. I'll just keep looking and see what comes up. How has Kawasaki...
Not sure how many hours are on mine, but I'd estimate close to 40. Enough hours that I wore out a set of sprockets already.

So far no real reliability issues, I've broken a few little things here and there though. I race a lot and some of the tracks have gnarly rocky roost and deep ruts.

Fork seal: started leaking after my 2nd ride.

RH shroud - got buckwild/huckabucked before the finish line and managed to hook my boot on the end of the shroud and pulled it back. Broke the tab the radiator bolt goes thru. I melted the plastic back together with a soldering iron, and it's held up.

Fork guard bolts - made of aluminum and I sheared the heads off 2 from either banging around in the first turn or a tagging a rock in a rut. Super soft material, so I will replace with steel bolts if it happens again.

Rear disk guard - bolt came loose the 2nd week I owned the bike and the guard got busted up a little.

Rear chain guard - bent it up, I'm guessing from a deep rut or something. Replaced with an Acerbis plastic guard.

Plastic engine guard - only held in by one bolt, so it twists up every time I ride. Ended up drilling a hole and safety wiring around the frame spar to hold it better.

The only things there that I would say aren't my fault are the leaky fork seal, and the rear guard bolt falling out after a few rides. Aside from that, the bike is hands down the best bike I've ridden

The Shop

RbR
11/4/2018 2:52pm
Go with the Husky if you want to be able to sell it when you're done with it. There is no secondary market for a Japanese brand, unless you're willing to give it away.
dmm698
11/4/2018 3:02pm
RbR wrote:
Go with the Husky if you want to be able to sell it when you're done with it. There is no secondary market for a Japanese...
Go with the Husky if you want to be able to sell it when you're done with it. There is no secondary market for a Japanese brand, unless you're willing to give it away.
The used four stroke market as a whole is hasty. Sure the husky will bring more when you sell it, it’ll also cost a ton more. My 16 kx brand new in 03/16 was 6999 OTD. Where are you buying new current year huskys for that? I’d rather pay less up front and unload a bike for cheaper later than trying to find Johnny rocket on Craigslist to come up with 5k cash to buy a bike I spent 9k on 2 years prior.

There’s no doubt husky/KTM’s are good bikes, but I’ll be buying a 19 here shortly.

Indy mxer
11/4/2018 3:06pm
RbR wrote:
Go with the Husky if you want to be able to sell it when you're done with it. There is no secondary market for a Japanese...
Not true Einstein. That's an idiotic statement!
I've never had a problem selling my used Kawi's for close to what I was asking.
Same with my buddies who ride Suzuki and Yamaha. It's all about how well you take care of them.

A piece of shit is hard to sell no matter what brand.

Post a reply to: 2019 KX450 or FC450

The Latest