2019 KTM 450 SX-F Part Numbers - HELP PLEASE

rikhek
I need to get a complete set of plastics for a new 2019 450 but can't find part numbers. I'm hoping to avoid my dealer and dealer pricing and believe I could order online from a non dealer if I had part numbers. I want OEM numbers/plastics as I want the in-mold radiator/tank panels.

Anybody able to help me out?

TIA

Rick
|
rikhek
7/29/2018 9:37am
yzrider53 wrote:
Shrouds 7910805400028A

Munn Racing has part numbers for the 19's

http://munnracing.com/#
Hot damn! I should have checked Munn before posting. Greatly appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

Rick
lumpy790
7/29/2018 5:04pm
rikhek wrote:
I need to get a complete set of plastics for a new 2019 450 but can't find part numbers. I'm hoping to avoid my dealer and...
I need to get a complete set of plastics for a new 2019 450 but can't find part numbers. I'm hoping to avoid my dealer and dealer pricing and believe I could order online from a non dealer if I had part numbers. I want OEM numbers/plastics as I want the in-mold radiator/tank panels.

TIA

Rick
Only KTM Dealers have access to OEM KTM parts.
dave31
7/29/2018 5:59pm
rikhek wrote:
I need to get a complete set of plastics for a new 2019 450 but can't find part numbers. I'm hoping to avoid my dealer and...

TIA

Rick
lumpy790 wrote:
Exactly, and as a dealer why would I wanna help you knowing you don't wanna order from me or a fellow dealer local to you!

The Shop

rikhek
7/29/2018 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 6:57pm
I buy all my OEM stuff from Rocky Mountain. I get it quicker than ordering from a dealer, dropped on my doorstep at significant savings.

I used to buy from my local dealer when dealers stocked parts. Hard to justify these days as I can enter a parts order as easily as the dealer. Why introduce a middleman when all I get is a higher price, incorrect orders, longer wait AND I don't hare to spend the time driving to the dealer.

I enter my local dealer's store once every two years to pick up a new bike I ordered over the phone from him.
mx317
7/29/2018 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 7:02pm
rikhek wrote:
I buy all my OEM stuff from Rocky Mountain. I get it quicker than ordering from a dealer, dropped on my doorstep at significant savings. I...
I buy all my OEM stuff from Rocky Mountain. I get it quicker than ordering from a dealer, dropped on my doorstep at significant savings.

I used to buy from my local dealer when dealers stocked parts. Hard to justify these days as I can enter a parts order as easily as the dealer. Why introduce a middleman when all I get is a higher price, incorrect orders, longer wait AND I don't hare to spend the time driving to the dealer.

I enter my local dealer's store once every two years to pick up a new bike I ordered over the phone from him.
When you order from Rocky Mountain, you are ordering from a KTM dealer.
rikhek
7/29/2018 7:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2018 7:21pm
Understood. As stated in my original post I wrote "my dealer" implying my local dealer who gives me an insulting
discount as I buy new bikes from him. Rocky Mountain gives me a BIG discount and STOCKS parts and ships free and doesn't charge tax.

I'd be throwing money away and getting NOTHING in return buying local. If local laid out the cash to stock inventory/parts I'd happily pay a premium to get the parts I need the same day I need them.

The days of local's stocking parts ended many years ago. Costs me a lot of money as I now have to keep and maintain a spare bike so I don't miss a day riding as parts are not available in town if I break my "main" bike .
rikhek
7/29/2018 7:34pm
rikhek wrote:

TIA

Rick
lumpy790 wrote:
dave31 wrote:
Exactly, and as a dealer why would I wanna help you knowing you don't wanna order from me or a fellow dealer local to you!
Agree. I would feel badly calling my dealer and asking for part numbers even though I buy new bikes from him. It would be wrong for me to ask him to spend effort/time/money looking up part numbers knowing i'm buying elsewhere.

That's why I asked for help on an open forum comprised manly of private individuals/owners who often provide help when needed.
mx317
7/30/2018 3:39am
rikhek wrote:
Understood. As stated in my original post I wrote "my dealer" implying my local dealer who gives me an insulting discount as I buy new bikes...
Understood. As stated in my original post I wrote "my dealer" implying my local dealer who gives me an insulting
discount as I buy new bikes from him. Rocky Mountain gives me a BIG discount and STOCKS parts and ships free and doesn't charge tax.

I'd be throwing money away and getting NOTHING in return buying local. If local laid out the cash to stock inventory/parts I'd happily pay a premium to get the parts I need the same day I need them.

The days of local's stocking parts ended many years ago. Costs me a lot of money as I now have to keep and maintain a spare bike so I don't miss a day riding as parts are not available in town if I break my "main" bike .
My local dealer closed (sold to a box box store that I won't go in) and they were awesome. Dave31 that posted above is a good one to deal with but he is 3 hours away. I'm like you and use RM a lot. I'm in Tn and can get from their Ky warehouse in one day usually.
dave31
7/30/2018 4:56am
rikhek wrote:
Understood. As stated in my original post I wrote "my dealer" implying my local dealer who gives me an insulting discount as I buy new bikes...

mx317 wrote:
My local dealer closed (sold to a box box store that I won't go in) and they were awesome. Dave31 that posted above is a good...
My local dealer closed (sold to a box box store that I won't go in) and they were awesome. Dave31 that posted above is a good one to deal with but he is 3 hours away. I'm like you and use RM a lot. I'm in Tn and can get from their Ky warehouse in one day usually.
Thanks Mike ? Your local dealer was a good one, never minded at all helping them out if they called needing something I had in inventory. Not so sure about the guys they sold out too though, they've only called me a couple times.
As far as dealers stocking parts, I stock nearly $3 million worth of parts. Granted they are primarily for Polaris Side by Side's, but those are what people come from all over to purchase from us. There was a time I had a lot of parts for dirt bikes(bars, gear, etc) but now everyone orders that online. I have a lot of friends at a lot of dealerships all over the country and they tell me the same thing, just not worth keeping that stuff anymore because of the big online stores.
woodsryder
Fantasy
3303rd
7/30/2018 6:54am
rikhek wrote:
I buy all my OEM stuff from Rocky Mountain. I get it quicker than ordering from a dealer, dropped on my doorstep at significant savings. I...

mx317 wrote:
It's amazing how many folks think that Motosport, RMATV and others get their parts directly from the OEM's.
lumpy790
7/30/2018 7:43am
rikhek wrote:

mx317 wrote:
My local dealer closed (sold to a box box store that I won't go in) and they were awesome. Dave31 that posted above is a good...
dave31 wrote:
Thanks Mike ? Your local dealer was a good one, never minded at all helping them out if they called needing something I had in inventory...
Thanks Mike ? Your local dealer was a good one, never minded at all helping them out if they called needing something I had in inventory. Not so sure about the guys they sold out too though, they've only called me a couple times.
As far as dealers stocking parts, I stock nearly $3 million worth of parts. Granted they are primarily for Polaris Side by Side's, but those are what people come from all over to purchase from us. There was a time I had a lot of parts for dirt bikes(bars, gear, etc) but now everyone orders that online. I have a lot of friends at a lot of dealerships all over the country and they tell me the same thing, just not worth keeping that stuff anymore because of the big online stores.
People do not realize the Dealer management software keeps track of every time a part number is checked and after a certain amount of part number inquiries the system tells the dealer to stock it.

Internet has not helped this when most of us go somewhere on line and check part numbers. Don’t check with your local dealer and they do not order phantom parts.

Internet and local Customers have reduced dealers to not stocking parts.
lumpy790
7/30/2018 7:45am
rikhek wrote:

mx317 wrote:
woodsryder wrote:
It's amazing how many folks think that Motosport, RMATV and others get their parts directly from the OEM's.
Please enlighten me on how you think they mysteriously get access to the OEM ONLY parts.

Aftermarket is a different story.
woodsryder
Fantasy
3303rd
7/30/2018 8:29am
mx317 wrote:
woodsryder wrote:
lumpy790 wrote:
Please enlighten me on how you think they mysteriously get access to the OEM ONLY parts.

Aftermarket is a different story.
It's not what I think, it's what I know. Companies such as Motosport go through local dealers to get OEM parts.
mx317
7/30/2018 9:08am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2018 9:09am
rikhek wrote:

mx317 wrote:
woodsryder wrote:
I may be wrong, but heard from a KTM dealer that RMATV took on the KTM line. In that case they would, but the other lines may come though some franchised dealer.
woodsryder
Fantasy
3303rd
7/30/2018 9:26am
mx317 wrote:
woodsryder wrote:
mx317 wrote:
I may be wrong, but heard from a KTM dealer that RMATV took on the KTM line. In that case they would, but the other lines...
I may be wrong, but heard from a KTM dealer that RMATV took on the KTM line. In that case they would, but the other lines may come though some franchised dealer.
It's very possible since they are a satellite KTM team.
yzrider314
7/30/2018 10:13am
KTM dealers cannot order Factory Edition decal kits or radiator shrouds without the VIN of the bike they are going on, so make sure you have that info ready to give to whomever you decide to order through. KTM does this to protect the integrity of the FE models so not everyone who owns a standard 450 SX-F can run the FE decals/shrouds.
dave31
7/30/2018 10:17am
I've always wondered how they had OEM parts, seeing as how they aren't a franchised dealer. But that's the world we live in now, so we just try to have the best customer service we can and competitive prices too.

Post a reply to: 2019 KTM 450 SX-F Part Numbers - HELP PLEASE

The Latest