2019 GP calendar released (Updated 12/20/2018)

JMX82
Edited Date/Time 12/21/2018 7:33am

|
10/18/2018 8:58am
2 chinese GP's. I wonder if Luongo will allow Chinese locals to fill the gates.

What's next? Gp of North-Korea in 2020? Or maybe Afghanistan?
Bidirella
10/18/2018 9:04am
Lets make the EMX 2t a new populair class! Then planning a round in Russia and Turkey! What a bullshit!

If they want to let this class grow, then have those races in the middle of Europe so its easy to get to for everybody. This is just ridiculios.
ga_pike
10/18/2018 9:30am
So living in the US, I honestly don't know the answer to this. How safe is it to host events in Turkey and China?
10/18/2018 9:40am
French and Italians gonna have a field year in EMX125 with only 2 sand races and the rest being hard pack.

I agree with the 2t races being in really sucky places. To go with Russia and Turkey, GB, Portugal and Latvia aren’t the easiest travels either.

The Shop

Barrett57
10/18/2018 9:46am
Motocross in Britain in March? Bring your jetskis boys!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/18/2018 9:50am
What if the first round was in the US? That would be cool!

Interesting to see them going to China, Hong Kong, Indonesia twice... Are those really target areas?
10/18/2018 10:04am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What if the first round was in the US? That would be cool! Interesting to see them going to China, Hong Kong, Indonesia twice... Are those...

Interesting to see them going to China, Hong Kong, Indonesia twice... Are those really target areas?
”Target area” has for years and years been a synonym to places that fill one certain pocket with a bunch of cash. Qatar being the most obvious example.
10/18/2018 10:06am
crusty_xx wrote:
No argentina Sad
best track on the circuit if you ask me....
I read a few weeks back where Luongo said the Argentines want to move the race to a location closer to a metropolitan area. The March 10 opener may yet be in Argentina, but it likely won't be Patagonia.

I agree, it was an awesome track that showcased the sport well, especially after a winter of fucking Supercross.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/18/2018 10:11am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What if the first round was in the US? That would be cool! Interesting to see them going to China, Hong Kong, Indonesia twice... Are those...

”Target area” has for years and years been a synonym to places that fill one certain pocket with a bunch of cash. Qatar being the most...
”Target area” has for years and years been a synonym to places that fill one certain pocket with a bunch of cash. Qatar being the most obvious example.
I forgot about that. I forget he doesn't care about the sport or growing it for any reason other than lining his pockets.
agn5009
10/18/2018 10:57am
ga_pike wrote:
So living in the US, I honestly don't know the answer to this. How safe is it to host events in Turkey and China?
Turkey I know nothing about. But China should be safe I would imagine?
10/18/2018 11:07am
ga_pike wrote:
Turkey borders Syria, tells you everything.
10/18/2018 11:12am
The safety in Turkey wont be a problem , because millions Europeans are spending their summer holiday in that country.

And the terror attacks are mosly in the south-east (at the Syrian border) and hundreds of miles away from the mxgp track
Motofinne
10/18/2018 11:46am
ga_pike wrote:
There is nothing dangerous with China. Actually i would guess that the OEMs love that the GPs goes to one of the biggest markets out there.

Turkey is a huge turism place for Europeans. Even though that has gone down with the political issues in the country. But still safe.

Argentina not being on the schedule is the big problem. It's an amazing track. The only thing that could "replace" it is a round in USA.
zehn
10/18/2018 11:52am
ga_pike wrote:
Turkey I'm not sure about, but China? It isn't 1972 anymore. I visited there this past summer and was very impressed by how clean and safe it was as compared to the US. I felt far safer there than downtown Seattle, and that included being out in rural areas of China and not just the metropolis areas.
10/18/2018 11:53am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2018 12:01pm
Argentina will be first race .. discussion is only on what track for 2019 , Patagonia or Cordoba
just read on a dutch motocross site ...
10/18/2018 11:54am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2018 11:54am
Motofinne wrote:
There is nothing dangerous with China. Actually i would guess that the OEMs love that the GPs goes to one of the biggest markets out there...
There is nothing dangerous with China. Actually i would guess that the OEMs love that the GPs goes to one of the biggest markets out there.

Turkey is a huge turism place for Europeans. Even though that has gone down with the political issues in the country. But still safe.

Argentina not being on the schedule is the big problem. It's an amazing track. The only thing that could "replace" it is a round in USA.
You probably read this already: Youthstream did not schedule a USGP because no top AMA teams -- not even the Monster-sponsored teams -- would commit to participating.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/18/2018 11:55am
Motofinne wrote:
There is nothing dangerous with China. Actually i would guess that the OEMs love that the GPs goes to one of the biggest markets out there...

You probably read this already: Youthstream did not schedule a USGP because no top AMA teams -- not even the Monster-sponsored teams -- would commit to...
You probably read this already: Youthstream did not schedule a USGP because no top AMA teams -- not even the Monster-sponsored teams -- would commit to participating.
Well that sucks.....
Motofinne
10/18/2018 11:58am
Motofinne wrote:

You probably read this already: Youthstream did not schedule a USGP because no top AMA teams -- not even the Monster-sponsored teams -- would commit to...
Yeah i forgot that... Well i hope Argentina is the first round and at the track they have had the recent races on. That place is awesome!

Too bad that there isn't a USGP. That is a big, big minus for Youthstream.
JMX82
10/18/2018 12:44pm
I think now it would be good time to start independent European series with all traditional European tracks that aren't part of GP's anymore. I think there would plenty of riders available who can't afford race in GP's and aren't allowed to race EMX250 due to age.
10/18/2018 12:52pm
Scrap the Lombardia round on May 12th and come to the US. I'm sure plenty of American privateers will help fill the gate in preparation for the nationals.
mx_563
10/18/2018 1:42pm
I'd rather drive a box van from Millville to Washougal and then back across to Unadilla than deal with some of these trips they have planned in MXGP. (insert gong sound)
DeStouwer
10/19/2018 12:49am
JMX82 wrote:
I think now it would be good time to start independent European series with all traditional European tracks that aren't part of GP's anymore. I think...
I think now it would be good time to start independent European series with all traditional European tracks that aren't part of GP's anymore. I think there would plenty of riders available who can't afford race in GP's and aren't allowed to race EMX250 due to age.
Red Bull tried this a couple of years ago, with most rounds ran in GBR and riders who lost a spot in the GPs. Series doesn't exist anymore now, so you know the chances of survival are slim.
ga_pike
10/19/2018 6:50am
ga_pike wrote:
zehn wrote:
Turkey I'm not sure about, but China? It isn't 1972 anymore. I visited there this past summer and was very impressed by how clean and safe...
Turkey I'm not sure about, but China? It isn't 1972 anymore. I visited there this past summer and was very impressed by how clean and safe it was as compared to the US. I felt far safer there than downtown Seattle, and that included being out in rural areas of China and not just the metropolis areas.
Very cool to know. China is one place I've always wanted to go but just never really knew how safe it was. Thanks for the info.
make1go
10/19/2018 6:57am
ga_pike wrote:
ask yourself how many school/random/mass shootings are there in those countries?

and compare
ga_pike
10/19/2018 7:00am
ga_pike wrote:
make1go wrote:
ask yourself how many school/random/mass shootings are there in those countries?

and compare
I'd suggest there is plenty of unrest in Turkey. As for China, how much news actually gets out (that they don't want us to know)?
make1go
10/19/2018 7:02am
this is great news to me, ive recently met and become involved with some hongkong chinese mx people.....

make1go
10/19/2018 7:08am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2018 7:11am
ga_pike wrote:
make1go wrote:

and compare
ga_pike wrote:
I'd suggest there is plenty of unrest in Turkey. As for China, how much news actually gets out (that they don't want us to know)?
all im saying is bad stuff can happen anywhere and the reality is youd have to be very unlucky for it strike you..

millions of westerners travel to china without incident..

i can plow thru heards of chinese package tourists on my bicycle, cause they ignore my warnings and no one even yells at me..???

Post a reply to: 2019 GP calendar released (Updated 12/20/2018)

The Latest