2019 Fc450 or 2019 crf450r

bproden
I am looking to purchase a new bike and am really torn between these two bikes. I don’t have the ability to test ride them unfortunately. I know some die hard husky/ktm guys, and some Honda guys. Both obviously say theirs is better. For anyone who has ridden these bikes, any opinions on which way to go? I like the fact husky is lighter, but seems like a lot of people wish for more bottom end power. On the flip side, Honda is a grand cheaper. Who knew buying a new motorcycle would be such a difficult decision

|
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
11/14/2018 6:01pm
bproden wrote:
I am looking to purchase a new bike and am really torn between these two bikes. I don’t have the ability to test ride them unfortunately...
I am looking to purchase a new bike and am really torn between these two bikes. I don’t have the ability to test ride them unfortunately. I know some die hard husky/ktm guys, and some Honda guys. Both obviously say theirs is better. For anyone who has ridden these bikes, any opinions on which way to go? I like the fact husky is lighter, but seems like a lot of people wish for more bottom end power. On the flip side, Honda is a grand cheaper. Who knew buying a new motorcycle would be such a difficult decision

What is your riding style , what will you be doing with it , mx, Hare scrambles, just Practice, whats your age and , front or rear steering rider etc?
bproden
11/14/2018 6:12pm
bproden wrote:
I am looking to purchase a new bike and am really torn between these two bikes. I don’t have the ability to test ride them unfortunately...

Tarz483 wrote:
What is your riding style , what will you be doing with it , mx, Hare scrambles, just Practice, whats your age and , front or...
What is your riding style , what will you be doing with it , mx, Hare scrambles, just Practice, whats your age and , front or rear steering rider etc?
Sorry I forgot to mention that. I will kinda ride all over, but really would like to start riding at the track for most part. More practice track, and few small races and see where that takes me. Occasionally take it to the dunes and some dirt trails as well. I’ve grown up riding quads and motorcycles so I’m not a total beginner, but I’m 33 and don’t think I’m going to get too crazy at this point in my life.
11/14/2018 6:16pm
bproden wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:
What is your riding style , what will you be doing with it , mx, Hare scrambles, just Practice, whats your age and , front or...
bproden wrote:
Sorry I forgot to mention that. I will kinda ride all over, but really would like to start riding at the track for most part. More...
Sorry I forgot to mention that. I will kinda ride all over, but really would like to start riding at the track for most part. More practice track, and few small races and see where that takes me. Occasionally take it to the dunes and some dirt trails as well. I’ve grown up riding quads and motorcycles so I’m not a total beginner, but I’m 33 and don’t think I’m going to get too crazy at this point in my life.
If you have to use the phrase "so I'm not a total beginner" I respectfully don't think a 450 is the right call.

If I were you, depending on height and weight I might look at the 350's or a YZ250F.
yz133rider
11/14/2018 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2018 6:25pm
Ive ridden a 19 husky fc450 and a 17 crf450 and now a 18 rmz450.

All have attributes over another.

Amazing Brakes, great clutch, amazing feel controls position etc, light easy to ride, almost too mellow but plenty fast mid-top - husky
Ridiculously strong usable engine, rigid feeling, fun to ride agressive bike - crf
Great handling, very friendly engine, more low end then husky , less hit than crf, easy to spin laps on and hit ur marks - rmz

Rmz 1-2k cheaper yet than crf also.

The Shop

bproden
11/14/2018 6:29pm
Tarz483 wrote:
bproden wrote:
Sorry I forgot to mention that. I will kinda ride all over, but really would like to start riding at the track for most part. More...
If you have to use the phrase "so I'm not a total beginner" I respectfully don't think a 450 is the right call. If I were...
If you have to use the phrase "so I'm not a total beginner" I respectfully don't think a 450 is the right call.

If I were you, depending on height and weight I might look at the 350's or a YZ250F.
Well I appreciate the honesty, but I would like to ride the dunes occasionally and think the extra power will be nice. I can ride I’m not a beginner to riding by any means, I may have said that wrong. I’m more concerned with what is the better bike between the two.
11/14/2018 6:37pm
bproden wrote:
If you have to use the phrase "so I'm not a total beginner" I respectfully don't think a 450 is the right call. If I were...

bproden wrote:
Well I appreciate the honesty, but I would like to ride the dunes occasionally and think the extra power will be nice. I can ride I’m...
Well I appreciate the honesty, but I would like to ride the dunes occasionally and think the extra power will be nice. I can ride I’m not a beginner to riding by any means, I may have said that wrong. I’m more concerned with what is the better bike between the two.
Fair enough. If I had to pick then I'd go with the Husky. I like the brakes, clutch, and cockpit better. Engine's much easier to ride mellow or casually.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
11/14/2018 6:42pm
I Would choose the Husky out of the two you mentioned also, just because of lighter weight and i like smooth power delivery,
However If money comes into the equation there have been some amazing deals on New leftover Kawasaki's and Suzuki's, if it where me it would be one of those for sure.
Moto520
11/14/2018 7:11pm
If you plan on keeping it for a couple of year.......Honda. If you replace the bike every year.......ktm.
captmoto
11/14/2018 8:15pm
Pick a dealer that will give you the best service after the sale. Maybe a shop that races and supports local races. Whatever different attributes each bike has, you will probably adjust to it.
11/14/2018 9:05pm
Moto520 wrote:
If you plan on keeping it for a couple of year.......Honda. If you replace the bike every year.......ktm.
This pretty much sums it up

Post a reply to: 2019 Fc450 or 2019 crf450r

The Latest