2019 Chinese 2 stroke bikes???

outerlimits
9/12/2018 10:32am
Nothing these guys make is considered a "race bike". The 2-stroke is meant to fit in where the old KDX220 used to be. I'd be willing to bet if Kawi still made that bike at a reasonable price, they would have a line forming at the door. These guys are just trying to fill some gaps in the market and hopefully bring more people into the sport.

Another bike they have that is even more interesting to me is this one. Other than a 5-speed vs a 6-speed, it's better in every conceivable way than a CRF230F, which would be it's main competition and sells for about $750 less than the CRF. Due to seat height, it's not as kid or mom oriented, but lowering links are on the way. For a full size adult, I don't think there is anyone that even produces a simple air cooled 4-stroke with full suspension like this other than AJP and they are even more expensive than the CRF and still a step down from this.

Or for another $750 you can have this. Tough decision right?

Another bike they are planning to bring out for the power junkies is a 550cc 2-stroke with electric start and kick, power valve, counter balanced and 6-speed. That one will not be cheap however as it will use the Canadian Panthera engine. Again, just filling a gap in the market.

9/12/2018 10:59am
Nothing these guys make is considered a "race bike". The 2-stroke is meant to fit in where the old KDX220 used to be. I'd be willing...
Nothing these guys make is considered a "race bike". The 2-stroke is meant to fit in where the old KDX220 used to be. I'd be willing to bet if Kawi still made that bike at a reasonable price, they would have a line forming at the door. These guys are just trying to fill some gaps in the market and hopefully bring more people into the sport.

Another bike they have that is even more interesting to me is this one. Other than a 5-speed vs a 6-speed, it's better in every conceivable way than a CRF230F, which would be it's main competition and sells for about $750 less than the CRF. Due to seat height, it's not as kid or mom oriented, but lowering links are on the way. For a full size adult, I don't think there is anyone that even produces a simple air cooled 4-stroke with full suspension like this other than AJP and they are even more expensive than the CRF and still a step down from this.

Another bike they are planning to bring out for the power junkies is a 550cc 2-stroke with electric start and kick, power valve, counter balanced and 6-speed. That one will not be cheap however as it will use the Canadian Panthera engine. Again, just filling a gap in the market.

That's nice but does anyone trust a Chinese frame with a 500cc two stroke engine?
outerlimits
9/12/2018 11:15am
Nothing these guys make is considered a "race bike". The 2-stroke is meant to fit in where the old KDX220 used to be. I'd be willing...

That's nice but does anyone trust a Chinese frame with a 500cc two stroke engine?
Me personally, I wouldn't want a 550 2-stroke in any frame. I lived that life with my '92 KTM 550 and don't wish to repeat it. There are only a couple places an engine that size makes sense and in almost every case a standard 450 is better. This would probably only appeal to the kind of person that would buy one of the now discontinued Service Honda bikes or ATK 700's.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
9/12/2018 11:35am
I think if I was looking for an economical trail bike and was going to buy new, I would buy an SWM over one of these...

The Shop

magoo1982
9/12/2018 11:57am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2018 12:00pm
If they could make a good copy of 1980 cr125 & cr250 and either 83 480 honda , 81 490 maico with reed valve for good price they would probably sell them . good basic bikes with none of the extra things to break that new models have...
.kyle
9/12/2018 12:18pm

The chinese rubbish will cost you a lot more in maintenance than the $750 difference between it and the crf. I don't like honda, but that crf would be my choice of the 2 every single time.
OldYZRider1
9/12/2018 12:25pm
Shouldn't be any question about their steel quality as the Chinese have the most modern steel mills in the world. Their weld quality may be suspect though just as any of their build quality currently is.

The Chinese are "coming on" though. They're a economic superpower and possess a lot of the worlds "means of production". Hundreds of millions of workers, many well educated professionals with advanced degrees from US and other international universities and decades of industrial espionage is a powerful force if they can keep everyone moving in the proper direction.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/12/2018 1:25pm
Shouldn't be any question about their steel quality as the Chinese have the most modern steel mills in the world. Their weld quality may be suspect...
Shouldn't be any question about their steel quality as the Chinese have the most modern steel mills in the world. Their weld quality may be suspect though just as any of their build quality currently is.

The Chinese are "coming on" though. They're a economic superpower and possess a lot of the worlds "means of production". Hundreds of millions of workers, many well educated professionals with advanced degrees from US and other international universities and decades of industrial espionage is a powerful force if they can keep everyone moving in the proper direction.
They may have advanced steel mills but what composition are they choosing to use?
bultokid
9/12/2018 2:10pm
My main issue with the Chinese is that they blatantly rip people/companies off of their intellectual property rights, trademarks and royalties.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
9/12/2018 4:24pm
They want $6000 for a Chinese made bike? Given their history, I'd buy a used bike, even 20 years old vs these bikes. China hasn't a real good track record.
OldYZRider1
9/12/2018 7:04pm
early wrote:
They may have advanced steel mills but what composition are they choosing to use?
We use a lot of chinese bearings in the ag equipment we sell and repair. I've had old tractor mechanics that lived through the switch over to Chinese bearings indicate that they seem to perform just as well as the US bearings did. Our experience is that too, so I'd say their materials are good.

What we would see though is that gearboxes wouldn't always be put together the same way; a retainer ring groove or keyway would be positioned differently or sized differently which always made it a pain to rebuild them. And replacement shafts and gears would be much more expensive than the US stuff. The Chinese don't seem to want to sell and manage a parts business, they want to sell entire assemblies. But the entire gearboxes were 30-50% the price of the previous US gearboxes which basically made them throw aways, so we quit doing rebuilds.
Doddy
9/12/2018 9:51pm
If a CRF50 is the same price as a PW50, then it is a lot cheaper. It is a whole lot more motorcycle. In terms of...
If a CRF50 is the same price as a PW50, then it is a lot cheaper.

It is a whole lot more motorcycle. In terms of build, it compares more closely with a (no longer produced) PW80
The price isn't the concern. The "Made in China" part is. If I have the option not to, then I would rather not.
RCMXracing
9/12/2018 10:17pm
Buy nice or buy twice. Sub par materials/metallurgy on Chinese made.

Post a reply to: 2019 Chinese 2 stroke bikes???

The Latest