2019 Champion will be decided this weekend

McG194
Edited Date/Time 7/29/2019 5:09am
If Zacho is on the podium this is his championship to lose.

1) Eli is going to Eli
2) Marv gets hot mid season every year and then cools down.
3) Kenny has unfortunately hit the wall.
4) Zach has been consistently getting better every week and now he found his sprint speed to start the race. He is a steady performer on a great bike that seems to be sorted well and at his age he knows the window is small. He's only 30 points down and at this point of the season that's nothing. Eli could give that up in one moto (obviously not all 30 pts.) like Red Bud last year.

You heard it here first.
|
hamncheeze
7/5/2019 9:16am
Baggett goes 1-1 to further confound everyone in the sport.
nealb129
7/5/2019 9:54am
hamncheeze wrote:
Baggett goes 1-1 to further confound everyone in the sport.
Baggett makes me scratch my head more than any other rider. How a guy can win, then get tenth the following weekend along with everything in between and do it for multiple years puzzles me.
colvin227
7/5/2019 10:00am
Barring a mechanical, Eli goes 1-2 the rest of the motos and it’s not even close at the end....

The Shop

McG194
7/5/2019 10:16am
colvin227 wrote:
Barring a mechanical, Eli goes 1-2 the rest of the motos and it’s not even close at the end....
You are talking about Eli Tomac right?

Ranman68
7/5/2019 10:22am
Webb's ability to maintain front runner pace for an entire moto on a 450 is getting a little better every race, and he's a holeshot artist. On top of all that, he HATES being a 4-6 place guy. Look for Webb to battle for podium spots, and eventually get in a win before the season is over.
Other than that, I just think it will be more of the same. Tomac will be the best, but there will be flashes of brilliance and speed from Roczen and Marvin. Osborn will get even better and he'll be making Tomac's life hell. He will just be unable to make up the points gap.
Tomac still wins title though because he built up a good points lead early. They also get that Kawi dialed in more and there will be that race or two where Tomac is in the "Tomac zone" and God himself would have to settle for 2nd if he were to line up.
TeamGreen
7/5/2019 10:23am
ZachO winning a Moto may be the beginning of a run...a run of wins.
But, Marv DID take the O/A & we’ve got more sand ahead of us.
JA ain’t done figuring things out...either.
Eli AND Kenny have shown CRAZY speed here & there.
Kenny knows he’s got something zapping his energy and he seems to be pursuing an answer.
Eli has a calm-cool collected “Dirty Harry” mind-set that looks convincing.
Cooper has had more than a few moments of brilliance.
Even Barcia has issues that he seems to be working on: is he 100%, yet?
As someone said, BB4 is a head scratcher. But, when he’s “ON”...?

Then there’s guys like Noren, Bloss, Ferris, Bogle, Joey...etc.

They’re up in there at times and a coupl’a of them might end up on the podium and mixing all of this up...hopefully.
MPJC
Fantasy
704th
7/5/2019 10:25am
Now Osbourne is jinxed. Way to go, jerk.
colvin227
7/5/2019 10:26am
colvin227 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
You are talking about Eli Tomac right?

Yeah bro the back to back champion, who’s had no problems managing his outdoor titles.......baring Mechanicals like I said because last year wouldn’t have even been close if he didn’t lose 25 points from red bud last year, not his fault
aeffertz
7/5/2019 10:28am
I don’t think you understand what “his championship to lose” means.
colvin227
7/5/2019 10:32am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 10:33am
Yeah I know WILD to think that the back to back champion who has a 26 point lead and hasn’t been off the OA podium all year would be the favorite to hold on to this tittle, once again. I better go get my head checked because I might be crazy to think this.......Jesus this place sometimes
colvin227
7/5/2019 10:39am
Love Zach, I do.......but he wins ONE moto not even the OA and we’re ready to say it’s his championship to lose when he’s in 3rd in points. Sure anything is possible but Eli and marv would both have to have big issues for me too see that, like an injury or multiple DNFs.
HusqFan3
7/5/2019 10:40am
McG194 wrote:
If Zacho is on the podium this is his championship to lose. 1) Eli is going to Eli 2) Marv gets hot mid season every year...

1) Eli is going to Eli
4) Zach has been consistently getting better every week and now he found his sprint speed to start the race. He is a steady performer on a great bike that seems to be sorted well and at his age he knows the window is small. He's only 30 points down and at this point of the season that's nothing. Eli could give that up in one moto (obviously not all 30 pts.) like Red Bud last year.

You heard it here first.
Unless by “Eli is going to Eli” you mean be a complete bad ass the rest of the year(2X defending champ, current points leader, only rider who has yet to finish off the podium this year) then you sound like a complete idiot.
McG194
7/5/2019 10:56am
HusqFan3 wrote:
Unless by “Eli is going to Eli” you mean be a complete bad ass the rest of the year(2X defending champ, current points leader, only rider...
Unless by “Eli is going to Eli” you mean be a complete bad ass the rest of the year(2X defending champ, current points leader, only rider who has yet to finish off the podium this year) then you sound like a complete idiot.
Are you not familiar with Eli Tomac. I am not a hater but the fact is the guy just ends up doing shit or ending up having shit happen to him that you can't explain. Last year I thought he was the baddest man on the planet but then the title ended up going right down to the end. As fast as Tomac is the title should have been wrapped up a round early the past two years. More to the point that I'm not a Tomac hater I think he is the reason Dungey retired mid year, Dungey wasn't prepared mentally to go where Eli would force him to go.

I'm glad no one agrees, I know I'm going out on a limb but anyone can predict the odds on favorite. I base my prediction partly on the past two weeks. I was at WW and his late 2nd moto speed was next level. Also seeing his demeanor in the pits and even cruising around on the golf cart with his family Friday night, there was a look of determination and confidence that really struck me.
SWOHIO GUY
7/5/2019 11:19am
HusqFan3 wrote:
Unless by “Eli is going to Eli” you mean be a complete bad ass the rest of the year(2X defending champ, current points leader, only rider...
McG194 wrote:
Are you not familiar with Eli Tomac. I am not a hater but the fact is the guy just ends up doing shit or ending up...
Are you not familiar with Eli Tomac. I am not a hater but the fact is the guy just ends up doing shit or ending up having shit happen to him that you can't explain. Last year I thought he was the baddest man on the planet but then the title ended up going right down to the end. As fast as Tomac is the title should have been wrapped up a round early the past two years. More to the point that I'm not a Tomac hater I think he is the reason Dungey retired mid year, Dungey wasn't prepared mentally to go where Eli would force him to go.

I'm glad no one agrees, I know I'm going out on a limb but anyone can predict the odds on favorite. I base my prediction partly on the past two weeks. I was at WW and his late 2nd moto speed was next level. Also seeing his demeanor in the pits and even cruising around on the golf cart with his family Friday night, there was a look of determination and confidence that really struck me.
You are talking about a guy who over the last 2 years/36 motos has averaged 21.7 points per moto. This includes the DNF at Red Bud last year in which was no fault of his own. Eli may be a headcase indoors but he is far from one in the Great Outdoors. I am a huge fan of Osbourne but I can't see a world in which he gains an average of 5 points a race over Eli Tomac.
McG194
7/5/2019 11:55am
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
You are talking about a guy who over the last 2 years/36 motos has averaged 21.7 points per moto. This includes the DNF at Red Bud...
You are talking about a guy who over the last 2 years/36 motos has averaged 21.7 points per moto. This includes the DNF at Red Bud last year in which was no fault of his own. Eli may be a headcase indoors but he is far from one in the Great Outdoors. I am a huge fan of Osbourne but I can't see a world in which he gains an average of 5 points a race over Eli Tomac.
I'm also talking about the guy who in his first championship year 17 his last race I'll throw out because it was just about finishing good enough to win but Unadilla and buds he went 10-5 and 7-1. Last year we can throw out the mechanical for a 36 but the next moto he got 9th. This year he has gone 4-1, 1-1, 5-1, 3-2, 7-1, 2-3 those are hardly scary scores.

It's not like I'm completely off the wall thinking he could throw it away.
kpiper
7/5/2019 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 12:10pm
Eli has had a mechanical each of the last two years. Joey has had at least one this year. History points to it happening again this year and if it does then anything can happen.

His starts are also still a big problem and that looks like it will never change with ET. Bad start moto two cost him the Southwick win.

This weekend will tell a lot. If he can extend his points leads then he is in good shape. If he loses 8 points or so to MM and/or ZO (even KR) it will put the pressure on Eli.
HusqFan3
7/5/2019 12:10pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
Are you not familiar with Eli Tomac. I am not a hater but the fact is the guy just ends up doing shit or ending up...

Oh gotcha. So “Eli is going to Eli” means he doesn’t wrap up titles “quick enough” for your expectations. Like i said, you’re an idiot.

Btw, not that it matters since a championship is a championship but had his bike not grenaded on him while he was comfortably leading the 1st moto of Redbud with a couple laps to go(i.e. 25pt swing) he would have wrapped it up earlier
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
7/5/2019 12:22pm
SWOHIO GUY wrote:
You are talking about a guy who over the last 2 years/36 motos has averaged 21.7 points per moto. This includes the DNF at Red Bud...
McG194 wrote:
I'm also talking about the guy who in his first championship year 17 his last race I'll throw out because it was just about finishing good...
I'm also talking about the guy who in his first championship year 17 his last race I'll throw out because it was just about finishing good enough to win but Unadilla and buds he went 10-5 and 7-1. Last year we can throw out the mechanical for a 36 but the next moto he got 9th. This year he has gone 4-1, 1-1, 5-1, 3-2, 7-1, 2-3 those are hardly scary scores.

It's not like I'm completely off the wall thinking he could throw it away.
Eli hasn’t dominanted the year and we are wondering what’s wrong and he has won 5 of the 12 motos. He and Kenny are the only ones so far this year that have shown next level stuff and Roczen is having problems. When push comes to shove Eli can do things the other guys can’t sans Roczen and he is not 100%. Everyone else racing this year whises they have had those scores.
McG194
7/5/2019 12:28pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Oh gotcha. So “Eli is going to Eli” means he doesn’t wrap up titles “quick enough” for your expectations. Like i said, you’re an idiot. Btw...
Oh gotcha. So “Eli is going to Eli” means he doesn’t wrap up titles “quick enough” for your expectations. Like i said, you’re an idiot.

Btw, not that it matters since a championship is a championship but had his bike not grenaded on him while he was comfortably leading the 1st moto of Redbud with a couple laps to go(i.e. 25pt swing) he would have wrapped it up earlier
I'm an idiot??? Thank you keyboard badass.

Try using some brains and read what I typed and get off Eli's balls. It's no newsflash that if Eli doesn't feel comfortable he throws out a 9th place finish. I am saying that his past performance along with past bike failures combined with Zach's tenacity and never say die attitude make it a real chance that Zach takes it.

The harsh reality is that Eli lost the points lead after moto 1 at WW and if Kenny was in normal health he would have buried Eli by now.

I'm well aware that if if if if means nothing but if also means there is a void someone like Zach can fill.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
7/5/2019 12:35pm
I think Eli is in complete control... But I do think Zach finishes second in the points and it's down to high teens by the end of the year, followed closely by MM. And if they are all healthy next year? Game on...
Dani247
7/5/2019 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 1:08pm
Zacho knows he can win, that is a big trouble for everyone else.

If Kenny doesn't make the podium, his title hopes are over.

Marvin is faster than ever.

Webb needs to wake up, after winning the SX title, he knows he is the number 1 guy under the Red Bull KTM tent, but his MX results doesn't prove that.

Anderson has been defending his number 1 status on the Rockstar Energy Husqvarna team against Zacho, but Zacho is faster than him and Anderson knows that if Zacho finishes ahead of him tomorrow, the title and the number one status could be over.

Eli has took a page of Dungey book, so he will make the podium tomorrow, but anything can happen, just look at what happened to him last year.

So yeah, the title could be decided tomorrow.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/5/2019 1:14pm
McG194 wrote:
If Zacho is on the podium this is his championship to lose. 1) Eli is going to Eli 2) Marv gets hot mid season every year...

1) Eli is going to Eli

You heard it here first.
I hate summer vacation, School cant start quick enough to get these pre-pubescent dummies back in class and off of vital. Cool
Grenader26
7/5/2019 1:24pm
If it’s and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a merry Christmas.
7/5/2019 1:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2019 1:29pm
Just when I thought you couldn't say anything any stupider.
Helda
7/5/2019 1:39pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
Oh gotcha. So “Eli is going to Eli” means he doesn’t wrap up titles “quick enough” for your expectations. Like i said, you’re an idiot. Btw...

McG194 wrote:
I'm an idiot??? Thank you keyboard badass. Try using some brains and read what I typed and get off Eli's balls. It's no newsflash that if...
I'm an idiot??? Thank you keyboard badass.

Try using some brains and read what I typed and get off Eli's balls. It's no newsflash that if Eli doesn't feel comfortable he throws out a 9th place finish. I am saying that his past performance along with past bike failures combined with Zach's tenacity and never say die attitude make it a real chance that Zach takes it.

The harsh reality is that Eli lost the points lead after moto 1 at WW and if Kenny was in normal health he would have buried Eli by now.

I'm well aware that if if if if means nothing but if also means there is a void someone like Zach can fill.
Lol your not serious are you, this has to be a troll post
McG194
7/5/2019 1:40pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I hate summer vacation, School cant start quick enough to get these pre-pubescent dummies back in class and off of vital. Cool
Yep, can't wait till puberty hits. Then again that's me at 29 years old in my avatar with my 6 month old 96 CR250.

The insults crack me up. I posted sound reasoning why it could happen and went out on a limb to have an opinion and prediction and have been torn up for it. Bring it bitches.
Helda
7/5/2019 1:41pm
A real chance that Zach takes it, put the meth pipe down bro, if anyone takes it from Eli it's gunna be the guy that has 2 OA wins and also one a moto this past weekend.
McG194
7/5/2019 1:46pm
I retract everything I said on this subject The Vitards have convinced me Eli is the paragon of consistency. Dungey never earned the Diesel nickname, all along it was Eli Diesel Tomac.
kijen
7/5/2019 1:51pm
So, a guy starts a thread to do some ol school bench racing, and he gets blasted. Way to go guys!

Post a reply to: 2019 Champion will be decided this weekend

The Latest