2019 California Classic Track Preview ft. DreamTraxx's Bryan Wallace

Did a drone shoot with Bryan Wallace of DreamTraxx yesterday on the new layout for this years California Classic. The new layout is bad ass, and Bryan rips on a dirtbike! Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/rrSSn612vP0
|
mx317
4/15/2019 11:02am
Is this the same Dream Traxx that built the track in Booneville Mississippi? North Mississippi Motorsports (NIMMS) is the track.

The Shop

4/15/2019 11:50am
mx317 wrote:
Is this the same Dream Traxx that built the track in Booneville Mississippi? North Mississippi Motorsports (NIMMS) is the track.
Not sure? I do know Bryan has built the supercross test tracks for the manufacturers here in SoCal.
scrallex
4/15/2019 11:51am
It just never made sense to me why Pala both exists and is one of the most popular tracks in SoCal. I've never been but I just don't see the sense in building a track on the flattest piece of land in the area. I thought the point in Cali being so great for MX was the abundant elevation? If I couldn't see in the distance I'd believe you if you told me it was Oklahoma. Just seems like a waste to do all that work and move all that dirt when you could get a better piece of land and build a track that works with the awesome elevation there.

Either way, it is a bitchin' track for a flat piece of land. DreamTraxx does A+ work with whatever they are given.
ob
4/15/2019 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2019 12:16pm
scrallex wrote:
It just never made sense to me why Pala both exists and is one of the most popular tracks in SoCal. I've never been but I...
It just never made sense to me why Pala both exists and is one of the most popular tracks in SoCal. I've never been but I just don't see the sense in building a track on the flattest piece of land in the area. I thought the point in Cali being so great for MX was the abundant elevation? If I couldn't see in the distance I'd believe you if you told me it was Oklahoma. Just seems like a waste to do all that work and move all that dirt when you could get a better piece of land and build a track that works with the awesome elevation there.

Either way, it is a bitchin' track for a flat piece of land. DreamTraxx does A+ work with whatever they are given.
You’ve never been there. And it’s not flat, I’ve ridden lots of flatter tracks. California is great for MX because you can ride everyday of the week everyday of the year. Then go surf
mx317
4/15/2019 12:26pm
scrallex wrote:
It just never made sense to me why Pala both exists and is one of the most popular tracks in SoCal. I've never been but I...

I've been there and there is quite a bit of elevation change on the back side of the track. The vet track and front of the main track is a bit flat though.
scrallex
4/15/2019 12:45pm
mx317 wrote:
I've been there and there is quite a bit of elevation change on the back side of the track. The vet track and front of the...
I've been there and there is quite a bit of elevation change on the back side of the track. The vet track and front of the main track is a bit flat though.
In that case, I guess I'm not missing much being in OK except for tracks that are filled to the brim with riders. Seems we have every bit of elevation as Pala and then some at Reynards. Still would love to take a trip there to check them out as the amount of dirt moved around to simulate elevation is top notch. I just still feel like I'd rather go out to Glen Helen or Calhilluh to really get the elevation change that you don't see as much in my state.
4/15/2019 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2019 12:49pm
scrallex wrote:
In that case, I guess I'm not missing much being in OK except for tracks that are filled to the brim with riders. Seems we have...
In that case, I guess I'm not missing much being in OK except for tracks that are filled to the brim with riders. Seems we have every bit of elevation as Pala and then some at Reynards. Still would love to take a trip there to check them out as the amount of dirt moved around to simulate elevation is top notch. I just still feel like I'd rather go out to Glen Helen or Calhilluh to really get the elevation change that you don't see as much in my state.
Not many other places in the country that offer weather good enough to ride 365 days out of the year. SoCal is one of them. I think Fox Raceway is popular due to its location, the layout of the facility, and multiple tracks for varying skill levels to ride. The Fox Raceway vet track is probably the most popular track in SoCal (based on attendance).
bayodome
Fantasy
4282nd
4/15/2019 1:08pm
scrallex wrote:

Here's a little secret that Californians probably won't admit: Most of their tracks are not that good. Zaca was great, and places like Cahuilla are fun, but the dirt in SoCal just isn't very good...nothing like Oklahoma. It lacks in organic material that allows it to naturally retain much moister in the way soil in other parts of the country can. As for the hills...yeah, many of the tracks do not really take advantage of the natural elevation in the area. Milestone, for example, could be built just about anywhere. The land there is totally flat.

What SoCal has going for it is great weather for year-round riding a relative abundance of public MX tracks.

Having said that, Bryan Wallace is a good buddy of mine and I'm sure he's doing a great job with Pala. He definitely knows how to make the most of a plot of land.
mx317
4/15/2019 1:12pm
mx317 wrote:
I've been there and there is quite a bit of elevation change on the back side of the track. The vet track and front of the...
scrallex wrote:
In that case, I guess I'm not missing much being in OK except for tracks that are filled to the brim with riders. Seems we have...
You would like Glen Helen I bet. I've only ridden two tracks in California (Fox (Pala) vet and main track and both tracks at Glen Helen) and both were fun. I raced REM at Glen Helen, but just rode practice at the others. I really want to get back out there. I may have to make a stop at Reynards on the way though!
motomojo
4/15/2019 1:56pm
Another flat track with bumps...boring and beautiful hills all around what a shame.
I guess it's just easier to pile up dirt on a flat piece of ground than build a real MX track.
Nice vet track i suppose.
groggylbc
4/15/2019 2:10pm
looks more like a stretched out supercross track...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/15/2019 2:12pm
groggylbc wrote:
looks more like a stretched out supercross track...
A very fast stretched out SX track
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/15/2019 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/15/2019 2:25pm
scrallex wrote:

bayodome wrote:
Here's a little secret that Californians probably won't admit: Most of their tracks are not that good. Zaca was great, and places like Cahuilla are fun...
Here's a little secret that Californians probably won't admit: Most of their tracks are not that good. Zaca was great, and places like Cahuilla are fun, but the dirt in SoCal just isn't very good...nothing like Oklahoma. It lacks in organic material that allows it to naturally retain much moister in the way soil in other parts of the country can. As for the hills...yeah, many of the tracks do not really take advantage of the natural elevation in the area. Milestone, for example, could be built just about anywhere. The land there is totally flat.

What SoCal has going for it is great weather for year-round riding a relative abundance of public MX tracks.

Having said that, Bryan Wallace is a good buddy of mine and I'm sure he's doing a great job with Pala. He definitely knows how to make the most of a plot of land.
You can't put Perris under that same category. Perris has some of the best dirt in So Cal as does Cal City MX and Sunrise MX. Cahuilla used to depend on the day or time of year. I've seen it both great and nothing but dust.

The majority, ya the dirt isn't the best in the country.
Glen Helen dirt is hard underneath with soft on top
Comp Edge was rocks with dirt sprinkled between the rocks the last few years but was awesome when they first opened.
Pala/Fox Raceway- Only been there once in 2012 and the dirt was crap the day I was there. I'm sure it's better now though.
LACR- Ground up gravel that could be better if they actually ripped it deep, but they don't because so many people complained that it was too rough when they opened back up. Now it has a super hard base only a few inches beneath the surface. I've seen other guys and myself leave rubber marks on the dirt there.
Milestone- Before used to be hit and miss. Seems like they've been doing way better lately with prep and keeping moisture in the ground.

But for everyone that complains about the tracks here:
We have everything! Want to work on throttle control and braking on hard packed? Go to Gorman, Perris(certain days). Want to work on riding in rough sand? Go ride some of the desert tracks. Want to ride in between? Go to Glen Helen, Pala, Perris, Sunrise, Cal City, LACR, Barona Oaks or Cahuilla.

We have it all here. Maybe not Red Bud dirt, but it's not as bad as you think.
Mr. Info
4/15/2019 4:10pm
No one is ever going to be totally happy at all the tracks we have and the different layouts as well, even Glen Helen with elevation has some man made jumps but the hills make it Glen Helen whether its sharp edged acceleration bumps going up those hills or the braking bumps coming down and then deep ruts at the bottom in the turns.
That's Motocross and a lot of riders dislike it because how rough it gets and some don't like the smooth bump less tracks like Milestone and even Cahuilla Vet Track stays pretty smooth. So to each his own.
brocster
4/15/2019 8:06pm
Being from South Louisiana and have ridden in all over the Southeast from Florida to Texas up to Monster Mountain the dirt between there and here SoCal is no comparison but SoCal dirt isn’t terrible. I have ridden worse, much worse. In comparison the South doesn’t have the hills of Glen Helen but definately has the hills of Cahuilla and the like. Most tracks there are mostly like Milestone, Pala and Perris in layout but dirt is primo. However, there is only weekend riding for the most part and weather plays a huge role on how often those weekends are “rainouts”. I like the availability and choices here over the dirt there....to each his own though. \m/
RexEasely
4/15/2019 8:43pm
how does everyone get home from fox raceway? It was absolute gridlock on the 15 fwy. To go two miles it took 30 minutes. It deters me from even going to that track.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/15/2019 9:19pm
RexEasely wrote:
how does everyone get home from fox raceway? It was absolute gridlock on the 15 fwy. To go two miles it took 30 minutes. It deters...
how does everyone get home from fox raceway? It was absolute gridlock on the 15 fwy. To go two miles it took 30 minutes. It deters me from even going to that track.
Do you have to go North or South on the 15?

Post a reply to: 2019 California Classic Track Preview ft. DreamTraxx's Bryan Wallace

The Latest