2019 CRF450R “Works Edition”

kiwifan
5/23/2018 5:19pm
Interesting new head pipe...more top end or low end I wonder?
kiwifan
5/23/2018 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2018 5:23pm
jsmi33966 wrote:
As long as it is the heaviest 450 and has dual exhaust. Who cares. You can buy a fat cow the same weight and cheeper with...
As long as it is the heaviest 450 and has dual exhaust. Who cares. You can buy a fat cow the same weight and cheeper with kyb suspension.
yes lets gloss over how it produces the most power of all the 450's (on MXA's dyno), handles very well, great suspension, hooks up very well, feels light in the air, etc....but yeah lets instead focus on weight and twin pipes which doesn't hurt power, doesn't hurt speed, doesn't hurt handling, doesn't hurt traction....well done, you are doing well, keep it up
jsmi33966
5/23/2018 5:28pm
jsmi33966 wrote:
As long as it is the heaviest 450 and has dual exhaust. Who cares. You can buy a fat cow the same weight and cheeper with...
As long as it is the heaviest 450 and has dual exhaust. Who cares. You can buy a fat cow the same weight and cheeper with kyb suspension.
kiwifan wrote:
yes lets gloss over how it produces the most power of all the 450's (on MXA's dyno), handles very well, great suspension, hooks up very well...
yes lets gloss over how it produces the most power of all the 450's (on MXA's dyno), handles very well, great suspension, hooks up very well, feels light in the air, etc....but yeah lets instead focus on weight and twin pipes which doesn't hurt power, doesn't hurt speed, doesn't hurt handling, doesn't hurt traction....well done, you are doing well, keep it up
If I had a nickel for every "feels light" IT IS NOT LIGHT. Yes weight does affect handeling speed acceleration turning too. Dual exhaust is just for looks and everyone knows it.
Brent
5/23/2018 5:34pm
jsmi33966 wrote:
1200$ and 247lbs. Thats 3lbs from a 98 yz400. This cow is another nail in the coffin for the sport.
I think the term "pig" is more apt.

Does the factory edition really weigh 247 pounds? 1/8 of a ton?

If it is a true Roczen replica, shouldn't it weigh around 225 or so at the most?

The Shop

JBecker 72
5/23/2018 5:45pm
jsmi33966 wrote:
If I had a nickel for every "feels light" IT IS NOT LIGHT. Yes weight does affect handeling speed acceleration turning too. Dual exhaust is just...
If I had a nickel for every "feels light" IT IS NOT LIGHT. Yes weight does affect handeling speed acceleration turning too. Dual exhaust is just for looks and everyone knows it.
I’ve put enough laps in on an RMZ450 to know that curb weight isn’t as important as some people make it out to be.
kiwifan
5/23/2018 5:51pm
jsmi33966 wrote:
If I had a nickel for every "feels light" IT IS NOT LIGHT. Yes weight does affect handeling speed acceleration turning too. Dual exhaust is just...
JBecker 72 wrote:
I’ve put enough laps in on an RMZ450 to know that curb weight isn’t as important as some people make it out to be.
it suits them to make out it is an issue Smile
make1go
5/23/2018 5:53pm
jsmi33966 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
yes lets gloss over how it produces the most power of all the 450's (on MXA's dyno), handles very well, great suspension, hooks up very well...
jsmi33966 wrote:
his actual board name is "hondafan". ...
and really?
brand fanbois,
lol,
says "im 14 yrs old"

hoadas are sixx maahte anf ktmd suxxs
5/23/2018 6:23pm
When I was a kid I would have been excited about a 'WE' but it's just a wank, same goes for the FE KTM, sure it would be different if the factories are trying to approve a part for use in Pro racing but they aint, any mod an FE/WE has the teams are allowed to do to a standard production bike!

In these modern times of intelligent & informed riders, riding a WE/FE just puts a sign on you that you are stupid or have too much money.

I'm happy with my 250 hour 2011 RMZ450, which will do another 250 hours.

Shields up ;-)
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
5/23/2018 6:47pm
Just showed my wife, she said"You need that, when can you get it? " true love mfers. We will probably order a pizza, maybe not. It doesnt matter. Laughing That's 30 years together.
yz133rider
5/23/2018 6:52pm
FLmxer wrote:
Just showed my wife, she said"You need that, when can you get it? " true love mfers. We will probably order a pizza, maybe not. It...
Just showed my wife, she said"You need that, when can you get it? " true love mfers. We will probably order a pizza, maybe not. It doesnt matter. Laughing That's 30 years together.
Fuck yeah thats awesome.
sandman768
5/23/2018 6:57pm
Kudos to Honda for offering this...if you don't want it, don't buy it....to all you guys bitching about vet riders having these bikes.....wait until you are 50 plus, .I raced stock bikes almost all my life, never spending anymore than I needed to spend..now that my racing and riding moto days are numbered, I"m buying whatever the fuck I want....I know it won't make me go faster but I don't care....you guys should be suckin up to the vets that buy these, when they put them up for sale, you may end up with it.....
kiwifan
5/23/2018 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2018 7:14pm
kiwifan wrote:
jsmi33966 wrote:
make1go wrote:
his actual board name is "hondafan". ...
and really?
brand fanbois,
lol,
says "im 14 yrs old"

hoadas are sixx maahte anf ktmd suxxs
lol

Anyway this thread isnt about me, so cut out the personal attacks eh?
GPrider
5/23/2018 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2018 7:22pm
some of you guys are so uneducated. Ok, so if Honda put on a single and saved three pounds would that make you even one tenth of a second faster? You just sound stupid at this point. MXA has brainwashed you to think pound per pound is apples to apples with different manufacturers. No sense in even trying to explain to you guys. Go buy your ktms because you are so much faster on them due to the light weight. I have no idea how all these honda's, yamaha's, kawi's and zuks win races all over this planet on a weekly basis knowing that they are sooo heavy. Fricken tards, you just sound stupid at this point. Your probably the same guys who start bubba or mookie comeback threads on a weekly basis. Sad this is our future
WarrenMX
5/23/2018 7:52pm
If you have any doubts about actual weight and a bike 'feeling light', go ride an Alta. Those things are heavier than all the 450's and they feel like an 85cc.

Admittedly I have a KTM, but after riding that Alta, I realized the actual weight of these things makes no difference. If a KTM 'feels light' it's because they figured out some other stuff and made the bike handle really well, not because they installed a new fork thats 3lbs lighter.

I haven't ridden a new CRF but I can believe it when someone says that they 'feel light' even though the scale doesn't agree.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1666th
5/23/2018 7:59pm
Check out the kick stand spring on CRF450X.. Why did they not include this amazing piece of engineering on the factory bike. The length of that spring must ADD 10 HP.

Big E
5/23/2018 8:07pm
bradmx421 wrote:
Stock Class killer for the Am's.....
BINGO!!!
Doddy
5/23/2018 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2018 8:12pm
Meh. I was hoping for the Uncle Ron Edition :O
SwingHard
5/23/2018 8:12pm
When I was a kid I would have been excited about a 'WE' but it's just a wank, same goes for the FE KTM, sure it...
When I was a kid I would have been excited about a 'WE' but it's just a wank, same goes for the FE KTM, sure it would be different if the factories are trying to approve a part for use in Pro racing but they aint, any mod an FE/WE has the teams are allowed to do to a standard production bike!

In these modern times of intelligent & informed riders, riding a WE/FE just puts a sign on you that you are stupid or have too much money.

Shields up ;-)
Well I'm not stupid,and my bank account will be 12K lighter but,every time I do my motos , whether it be 3,6,10 laps doesn't matter. When I see that badboy sitting on the stand in the pits,its just a reminder of many sacrifices that I made that allowed me to Shut it Down this year at 53 and go out and enjoy life! However that may look to others,IDGAF!! And when I see a guy on a 8,10 year old bike I Dont Judge,because I'm sure that guys passion for Moto is just as deep as mine!
We're all in the same brotherhood my man!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/23/2018 8:41pm
That's a sweet looking bike for sure! I wouldn't mind having one, and to those of you with the cash to afford one, here's to you.

On another note, I would love to see them sell a kit bike, like how you can buy a bicycle frame and build it yourself. Imagine buying a new bike minus exhaust, graphics, suspension, wheels, tires, bars, plastic, sprockets, chain, etc. Then separately buy some A-Kit stuff and build it up to your own tastes. Or you could buy less expensive stuff to round out your bike.
bents
Fantasy
909th
5/23/2018 8:55pm
It is a sweet bike no doubt but it is still 25 lbs heavier than my Husky FC 350. Sorry, but for me, too much weight. Would I be faster on either bike? Probably not, but I love my Husky and the reason I didn't buy a 450 was because A-too heavy, and B-too powerful. Good luck to Honda and nice to see they are making an effort.
Titan1
5/23/2018 9:01pm
I know others pointed it out...but I was hoping for some serious weight savings on the WE...shame.
mxb2
5/23/2018 9:48pm
When I was a kid I would have been excited about a 'WE' but it's just a wank, same goes for the FE KTM, sure it...

Shields up ;-)
SwingHard wrote:
Well I'm not stupid,and my bank account will be 12K lighter but,every time I do my motos , whether it be 3,6,10 laps doesn't matter. When...
Well I'm not stupid,and my bank account will be 12K lighter but,every time I do my motos , whether it be 3,6,10 laps doesn't matter. When I see that badboy sitting on the stand in the pits,its just a reminder of many sacrifices that I made that allowed me to Shut it Down this year at 53 and go out and enjoy life! However that may look to others,IDGAF!! And when I see a guy on a 8,10 year old bike I Dont Judge,because I'm sure that guys passion for Moto is just as deep as mine!
We're all in the same brotherhood my man!
Well said.
kiwifan
5/23/2018 9:48pm
Moto_Geek wrote:
Check out the kick stand spring on CRF450X.. Why did they not include this amazing piece of engineering on the factory bike. The length of that...
Check out the kick stand spring on CRF450X.. Why did they not include this amazing piece of engineering on the factory bike. The length of that spring must ADD 10 HP.

They put it on to add weight to piss off idiots who bang on about weight, and to slow the bike down due to extra weight and wind resistance, rather cunning I thought Smile
drenmaster
Fantasy
1244th
5/23/2018 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2018 10:44pm
This bike is awesome hope other manufactures follow.. When is the shootout and will vital have this one on hand? ML512? Smile
5/23/2018 11:27pm
Let’s talk about Honda following KTM’s business model.
You’re right! This must mean Honda 2 strokes are coming right?
I can’t cross my fingers any harder.
make1go
5/24/2018 2:12am
GPrider wrote:
some of you guys are so uneducated. Ok, so if Honda put on a single and saved three pounds would that make you even one tenth...
some of you guys are so uneducated. Ok, so if Honda put on a single and saved three pounds would that make you even one tenth of a second faster? You just sound stupid at this point. MXA has brainwashed you to think pound per pound is apples to apples with different manufacturers. No sense in even trying to explain to you guys. Go buy your ktms because you are so much faster on them due to the light weight. I have no idea how all these honda's, yamaha's, kawi's and zuks win races all over this planet on a weekly basis knowing that they are sooo heavy. Fricken tards, you just sound stupid at this point. Your probably the same guys who start bubba or mookie comeback threads on a weekly basis. Sad this is our future
sorry mr iq140, weight matters beyond 1/10s. if you dont know what then your iq needs to drop about 41....
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
5/24/2018 2:42am
Hate all you want, I bet they will be sold out asap! Great looking bike!
5/24/2018 3:39am
sandman768 wrote:
Kudos to Honda for offering this...if you don't want it, don't buy it....to all you guys bitching about vet riders having these bikes.....wait until you are...
Kudos to Honda for offering this...if you don't want it, don't buy it....to all you guys bitching about vet riders having these bikes.....wait until you are 50 plus, .I raced stock bikes almost all my life, never spending anymore than I needed to spend..now that my racing and riding moto days are numbered, I"m buying whatever the fuck I want....I know it won't make me go faster but I don't care....you guys should be suckin up to the vets that buy these, when they put them up for sale, you may end up with it.....
Exactly. I’m not the fastest but I’m going to look good. Vets/C class are the ones dropping real coin in the industry. Glad to see someone besides KTM/Husky targeting guys with real money.
HenryA
5/24/2018 4:24am
seth505 wrote:
Tune in this week..... will the Vital faithful hate on it (like KTM) or welcome the expensive bike with open arms since it's a Honda....Don't miss...
Tune in this week..... will the Vital faithful hate on it (like KTM) or welcome the expensive bike with open arms since it's a Honda....Don't miss it!
Haha, the same people who always complain about how KTM ruins the sport with their expensive factory editions is in here defending the heavier and even more expensive Honda. Hilarious.
Fraser
5/24/2018 4:48am
Its great you're finally catching up. We've had special edition models in the UK for years. My '17 crf450r Buildbase edition came with a whole spare plastic set with Buildbase graphics, black/red Talon Wheels, Yoshi pipes and all the standard parts as well. (so 2 sets of wheels, plastics and exhausts).

For 2018 you could have a Ken Roczen replica or a Dave Thorpe replica. Both good with different specs.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/off-road/crf450r/specification…

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/off-road/crf450r/specification…

Main difference apart from the graphics is the Dave Thorpe has Akrapovic pipes instead of Yoshi and gold Talons instead of black.

Post a reply to: 2019 CRF450R “Works Edition”

The Latest