2019 CRF250RX

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2019 3:48 PM

I brought my wife one for Xmas, she loves to rev the piss out of bikes and cars so this bike will suit her. Only thing is she is shorter than and and in on tip toes when on the bike, I have brought her a Devol lowering link, which lowers the rear by 1 inch, due to arrive in a week or so. Obviously I would adjust compression and rebound to suit, but in terms of front forks, do you guys think I should lower them in the clamps to compensate for the lower rear? I personally dont think so but I was not 100% sure.

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

1/2/2019 4:30 PM

Factory Connection can Shorten and put in softer springs and revalve your suspension for @$1100. Also we carve the seat, slide the forks up into the triple clamps and if need be you can cut the sub frame. Also if you run aftermarket triple clamps you can move the bar position, adjustable position foot pegs, cut 1" off both ends of the bars. I have a 5' 110# female rider.

|

Better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

1/2/2019 4:32 PM

Yes, I'd lower them to try and keep the geometry from getting so wacky.

|

1/3/2019 6:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2019 6:08 AM

kiwifan wrote:

I brought my wife one for Xmas, she loves to rev the piss out of bikes and cars so this bike will suit her. Only thing is she is shorter than and and in on tip toes when on the bike, I have brought her a Devol lowering link, which lowers the rear by 1 inch, due to arrive in a week or so. Obviously I would adjust compression and rebound to suit, but in terms of front forks, do you guys think I should lower them in the clamps to compensate for the lower rear? I personally dont think so but I was not 100% sure.

yes, slide the forks up in the clamps, maybe to 5/7mm. I would look at past MXA test on the 2018 crf250r/450 and see what they did. They like the links on the new gen hondas and give set up tips on how to compensate up front after adding the link

|

1/3/2019 11:10 PM

ML512? Any ideas?

|

1/3/2019 11:11 PM

kiwifan wrote:

GPrider wrote:

yes, slide the forks up in the clamps, maybe to 5/7mm. I would look at past MXA test on the 2018 crf250r/450 and see what they did. They like the links on the new gen hondas and give set up tips on how to compensate up front after adding the link

thanks!

|

1/4/2019 7:00 AM

I second what GPrider said and if that doesn't level things out sufficiently, DO NOT spend $1100 with a place like FC just to lower a bike. Places like ProTune in Ohio, and Enduro Engineering in Michigan, and others can do that job in the $300-$400 range easily.

There are tons of small suspension companies doing high quality work for a fraction of the price of these big companies.

My wife rides a 150XCW that we had lowered 1". Made all the difference in the world to a 5'2" woman.

Best wishes with that 250RX. If I had a good Honda dealer around me to support me and my racing like my KTM dealer does, I would certainly be giving one a try. I raced a friends 450RX last year and loved it!

|

Shout out to: Fly Racing, X Brand Goggles, Kenda Tire, Nuetech Nitromousse, ProTune Suspension, Motool, Sunstar Sprockets, and Rehmerts Kawasaki KTM

Instagram: WoodsRacer126

1/4/2019 8:10 AM

Local suspension shop can shorten the suspension internally too.

|

1/4/2019 8:35 AM

If you raise the forks in the clamps too much the tire will bottom out on the fender, possibly causing "unintentional braking of the front wheel". A resulting crash could have an injured wife- and you'll have to make your own sammich'.

You're in CA, find a local suspension guy to put spacers in the forks and shock. That's the right way to lower a bike. Keeps the bike from being unbalanced and having weird suspension rate curves.

|

1/4/2019 8:56 AM

kiwifan wrote:

GPrider wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

thanks!

What part of Cali are you in?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/7/2019 11:23 AM

ML512?

|

1/7/2019 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2019 12:14 PM

Go to your local suspension tuner he knows the tracks / trails in your area to start with... revalve and respring ( setup for your wife's weight and speed etc… One size fids all only exist in lycra / spandex ; )

Most of the time I lower the back and stiffen the forks so they stay higher in stroke... I like to ride the bike over the rear wheel. if you play a bit with the fork height you will notice that the steering characteristics change understeer vs oversteer that's all ... long story short its safe the way you did it. However, Don’t save on the last $ 500,- for a revalve and respring job… it makes a great bike even beter.

|