2019 CRF250

Edited Date/Time 9/26/2018 11:10am
Where the hell are these things already? Anxious to see the reviews. Considering replacing my ‘18 250SXF if the
reports are favorable.
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/19/2018 7:01am
I dont think it will be until October if I remember correct. Someone mentioned it on here somewhere.
usafwx
8/22/2018 11:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2018 11:36pm
Where the hell are these things already? Anxious to see the reviews. Considering replacing my ‘18 250SXF if the
reports are favorable.
Yep when I was 250F shopping a few weeks ago, my Honda guy as you know told me about the stop sale on the 18's with eta of parts late August and when I asked about the 19's he said not till late September-October...

The Shop

8/23/2018 5:24am
usafwx wrote:
Yep when I was 250F shopping a few weeks ago, my Honda guy as you know told me about the stop sale on the 18's with...
Yep when I was 250F shopping a few weeks ago, my Honda guy as you know told me about the stop sale on the 18's with eta of parts late August and when I asked about the 19's he said not till late September-October...
Stop sale?!

usafwx
8/23/2018 5:51am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2018 6:24am
Stop sale?! [img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg?1315930535[/img]
Stop sale?!

Yep dealers are supposed to stop sales of 18 CRF250Rs due to the clutch basket recall and waiting on parts to address it. Have you been keeping up to date on the new engine? Honda is having some growing pains with their new dual cam.
jankymike
8/23/2018 7:04am
I'm pretty sure the 2019 wont be drastically different from the 2018.
GPrider
8/23/2018 7:27pm
jankymike wrote:
I'm pretty sure the 2019 wont be drastically different from the 2018.
actually it is, that's why it is taking longer than normal
usafwx
8/23/2018 8:54pm
GPrider wrote:
I wouldnt say drastically, changes besides BNG, and improvements to address said issues (additional oil jet, cam profile change, changes to throttle body / etc to help with bottom end power), black wheels, fork guards, new bars, etc. Hopefully an easier 2nd year for the new bike.
kiwifan
8/24/2018 1:47pm
GPrider wrote:
usafwx wrote:
I wouldnt say drastically, changes besides BNG, and improvements to address said issues (additional oil jet, cam profile change, changes to throttle body / etc to...
I wouldnt say drastically, changes besides BNG, and improvements to address said issues (additional oil jet, cam profile change, changes to throttle body / etc to help with bottom end power), black wheels, fork guards, new bars, etc. Hopefully an easier 2nd year for the new bike.
Yes drastic is probably the wrong word, perhaps a lot of refinement changes might be better way of saying it (esp. compared to other brands changes), here are some facts:

2019 CRF250R Changes:
New cam profile based on feedback from the Team HRC factory MX2 race team provides strong off-corner acceleration
New intake- and exhaust-port geometry improves low RPM engine power while also maintaining the CRF250R’s top-end performance
New 44mm throttle body improves low-RPM intake airflow compared to previous 46mm version, for improved corner-exit performance
All-new piston oil jet uses five nozzle holes instead of four, for improved piston-cooling efficiency and reduced knocking, enabling a precise ignition-timing setting for optimum power delivery
Right-side exhaust pipe shortened 50mm for excellent high-RPM power
All-new AC generator reduces weight and friction losses
Renthal Fatbar® reduces weight of the steering system, and flexes for optimal comfort
Top triple clamp features two handlebar-holder locations for moving the handlebar rearward and forward by 26mm, ensuring rider comfort. When holder is turned 180 degrees, the handlebar can be moved an additional 10mm from the base position, resulting in four total unique riding positions
New engine guard allows increased airflow, improving engine-cooling performance
Redesigned fork protectors offer improved coverage
Black rims deliver a strong presence on and off the track
New, lighter front-brake caliper now uses pistons of different diameters (30mm and 27mm) for strong braking performance
Updated front brake hose has reduced expansion for more precise braking
Newly shaped footpegs are 20% lighter and shed mud more easily, giving the rider great feel and confidence in all riding conditions
8/24/2018 10:54pm
You can be sure they have got more low and especially mid for easier to use power from the new engine and component revisions listed. But I doubt much developed by the MX2 team given where they are buying their engine development from.
8/25/2018 4:47pm
Well this is certainly alarming. I consider myself pretty in tune with all things moto but I guess this one slipped right through the 5 hole. Can't say I recall many threads or references to this issue here, either. I'm sure there had to be but I'm just saying I didn't see any. Conversely, there's a thread per week on KTM frames.Dry

I understand most complete redesigns experience teething issues but an actual recall/sales halt is worrisome. I’m sure Honda will get it right and it likely wouldn’t sway me from purchasing a ’19 if the ride reports are positive but it’s still definitely a concern.

Post a reply to: 2019 CRF250

The Latest