2019 CRF 250 Test? Reviews?

kiwifan
10/28/2018 3:30pm
fanger wrote:
It’s a lot easier to make a bike go faster than it is to make it handle better.
H4L wrote:
This dude gets it..
100%
10/28/2018 4:15pm
jsmi33966 wrote:
I'm just supprised no one has mentioned the fact that the 18-19 Cr250 actualy weighs more than a ktm or fc 450 and is very close...
I'm just supprised no one has mentioned the fact that the 18-19 Cr250 actualy weighs more than a ktm or fc 450 and is very close to the weight of a kx450.
Also dual exhaust is a gimmick.
Duel exhaust and e start never made a mx bike faster.

Why would anyone want to ride a bike heavier than a 450 with at least 10 less hp. And dual exhaust sounds and looks stupid.

Honda is just driving up the price and weight of bikes which is killing the sport.
Have you checked the price of said KTM's lately? If that's your real beef you're on the wrong band wagon. As for the weight of four...
Have you checked the price of said KTM's lately? If that's your real beef you're on the wrong band wagon.
As for the weight of four strokes, you must be new to the sport. Judging a bike purely by weight and HP figures is also insane but KTM knows that brochure figures sell more now than what wins on Sunday. Not saying KTM's aren't a good race bike but people need to stop BJing those bikes so much when they also have their own flaws. Nothing is perfect and there are plenty of fans of the 18 model CRF on here but you clearly aren't one because you probably haven't ridden one.
jsmi33966 wrote:
Im not new to the sport 07 08 09 were the years of the lightest jap 450s. Efi dual exhaust and e start have just brought...
Im not new to the sport 07 08 09 were the years of the lightest jap 450s. Efi dual exhaust and e start have just brought the weight up since then.

"Of course people like the 18-19 cr250 its got 2 pipes coming out the back. Thats so cool! Mom I want one."

"Yes it weighs 245lbs with 40hp and no bottom end but youre not my dad and you can't tell me what to do!"

2 quotes from actual 18-19 cr250 guys

You're definitely new to racing because you think that little bit of extra weight will make a difference. The biggest improvement you could make right now is to eat a snickers son.

The Shop

grunkster
10/28/2018 4:40pm
That’s so dumb of Honda imo to not let the media ride the bikes for another month when they are in dealers and being bought now! Dumb.
kiwifan
10/29/2018 12:07pm
grunkster wrote:
That’s so dumb of Honda imo to not let the media ride the bikes for another month when they are in dealers and being bought now...
That’s so dumb of Honda imo to not let the media ride the bikes for another month when they are in dealers and being bought now! Dumb.
I agree, I do not get why they are doing that....
yz133rider
10/29/2018 12:18pm
grunkster wrote:
That’s so dumb of Honda imo to not let the media ride the bikes for another month when they are in dealers and being bought now...
kiwifan wrote:
My guess is Honda knows the New yz is way ahead of their bike and are hoping people buy the crf before they get annihilated in the shootouts
kiwifan
10/29/2018 4:21pm
grunkster wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
My guess is Honda knows the New yz is way ahead of their bike and are hoping people buy the crf before they get annihilated in...
My guess is Honda knows the New yz is way ahead of their bike and are hoping people buy the crf before they get annihilated in the shootouts
Maybe, but just because one (or two) may be better that does not mean they should withhold the ride reviews until they have sold a few. I mean prior to 2017 (450) and 2018 (250) they knew the bikes were not as good yet still made them available to test before on the showroom floor.
yz133rider
10/29/2018 4:28pm
kiwifan wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
My guess is Honda knows the New yz is way ahead of their bike and are hoping people buy the crf before they get annihilated in...
kiwifan wrote:
Maybe, but just because one (or two) may be better that does not mean they should withhold the ride reviews until they have sold a few...
Maybe, but just because one (or two) may be better that does not mean they should withhold the ride reviews until they have sold a few. I mean prior to 2017 (450) and 2018 (250) they knew the bikes were not as good yet still made them available to test before on the showroom floor.
I cant see any other reason to do it. If they knew the bike was gonna blow the others away wouldnt they want that test out there right away?
kiwifan
10/29/2018 7:07pm
yz133rider wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Maybe, but just because one (or two) may be better that does not mean they should withhold the ride reviews until they have sold a few...
yz133rider wrote:
I cant see any other reason to do it. If they knew the bike was gonna blow the others away wouldnt they want that test out...
I cant see any other reason to do it. If they knew the bike was gonna blow the others away wouldnt they want that test out there right away?
Yup, maybe ML512 can ask why at the press ride day Smile
Kris Keefer
10/29/2018 8:17pm
Honda has a lot of new off-road bikes this year, so they had some other media "intros" to get through before they release the 2019 CRF250R to media outlets.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/29/2018 8:44pm
kiwifan wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
I cant see any other reason to do it. If they knew the bike was gonna blow the others away wouldnt they want that test out...
kiwifan wrote:
Just informed there won’t be a media intro, we will be given our bikes around thanksgiving.
kiwifan
10/29/2018 9:40pm
yz133rider wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Just informed there won’t be a media intro, we will be given our bikes around thanksgiving.
I blame Kris for taking so long to run them in Smile
NoMuff2Tuff
10/30/2018 12:42am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2018 1:20am
grunkster wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
yz133rider wrote:
My guess is Honda doesn't really care what people say or think and can be stubborn and hard headed when it comes to things like media, press, release dates or most things in that line. They are by far the largest seller of 2 wheel motorcycles excluding scooters in the world but seem to have an arrogance about them, have unorthodox ways on how they do things and are always very tight lipped about there products, testing and previews about new models. There going to do things there way and there way only. Just seems there always late to the game which can be frustrating to the consumer at times. I think they are trying hard to better there MX line and its showing from the past shootouts with the 450 and 250. The 250 shootout should be interesting and I doubt the 250 will get annihilated. One thing I wish Honda would do is put the bore x stroke on the 250 back at around 77mm x 53mm or even 78 x 52. I think if they developed the new dual cam down draft head set up to work with a less over square bore x stroke it would make more torque for a better over all power band that would appeal to more riders and they still could get the bike to rev out and make good high RPM power for faster riders. KTM is doing it and Yamaha is creeping up on them. Honda is already in the top spot or right at it in the chassis, ergonomics, suspension and definitely the quality departments. I know, they had a clutch basket issue last year. Very rare for Honda. I'm talking in general since Honda has been making MX bikes since the early 70's to this day. Nobody builds them better. When you worked on every brand you can see the little details that make the difference like fastener quality, thread pitch accuracy, plastic quality etc etc. The simplification of certain things and how everything fits together so well.
grunkster
10/31/2018 9:01am
look at a yam...fastener quality is there
11/26/2018 9:04pm
My son come for YZ125 is 16 year old In 2018 I bought a crf250 2018
My son really loves it in the summer we got one KTM SXF 2018
Though I was much stronger, my son could not be accommodated
CRF may not have the best engine but has the best frame and suspension better driving position and it helps you go very fast
Two months ago he led the new YZ250F He had a better feeling in jumping better low middle but high Crf was better
(CRF have Yoshi ,vortex ,air filter without screen ,49 t sprocket )
Now I wait crf250 2019
After all, I realized that if I aggressively drive Crf is one of the best choices
Cancerman
11/26/2018 9:59pm
fanger wrote:
It’s a lot easier to make a bike go faster than it is to make it handle better.
H4L wrote:
This dude gets it..
kiwifan wrote:
100%
Tell that to Suzuki and the 250 RMZ haters............
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/27/2018 8:10am
Heading to Fox Raceway to break ours in right now.
11/27/2018 9:10am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2018 9:11am
The CRF is much better engine on track than the dyno suggests.

Ride it where it should be ridden - it's near the top of the pack on power, and the power is plenty wide enough to stay in it - if you don't ride like a 450 rider.

If you come off a 125 - the crf will feel 5 times broader - and much more powerful.
If you come off a 450 - it will feel doggy down low.

I think the new crf basic platform engine wise is capable of being class leading over the next fear years.
The yzf FEELS great - SOUNDS barky - but will disappoint you in a side by side drag race if you ever do one. What makes it special is HUGE Low throttle opening power vs the competition - which makes i feel FAR stronger.
But a top level rider will ride it vs ktm vs crf and immediately point out it's pulling power is not as good.

The factory racing yzf is nothing like what you buy despite the association it is - nor are any of the top level bikes.
Naanak
11/27/2018 10:52am
ML512 wrote:
Great news when might the posts be up about it?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/27/2018 11:51am
ML512 wrote:
Naanak wrote:
Great news when might the posts be up about it?
Late tonight or early tomorrow. About to do our interview for the video...
brocsdad
11/27/2018 12:21pm
The Keefer Tested podcast is up
brocsdad
11/27/2018 12:32pm
Yes,

My friend has a 19 and said his review is SPOT ON!
11/27/2018 1:56pm
The CRF is much better engine on track than the dyno suggests. Ride it where it should be ridden - it's near the top of the...

Ride it where it should be ridden - it's near the top of the pack on power, and the power is plenty wide enough to stay in it - if you don't ride like a 450 rider.

If you come off a 125 - the crf will feel 5 times broader - and much more powerful.

I think the new crf basic platform engine wise is capable of being class leading over the next fear years.
The yzf FEELS great - SOUNDS barky - but will disappoint you in a side by side drag race if you ever do one. What makes it special is HUGE Low throttle opening power vs the competition - which makes i feel FAR stronger.
But a top level rider will ride it vs ktm vs crf and immediately point out it's pulling power is not as good.

The factory racing yzf is nothing like what you buy despite the association it is - nor are any of the top level bikes.
Many people complain about the lack of top end on the YZF but is it still the case on the 19 model ? And if so can it be fixed ? Maybe a tooth higher ? Vortex/tuned ECU ?
11/27/2018 5:41pm
The CRF is much better engine on track than the dyno suggests. Ride it where it should be ridden - it's near the top of the...

Many people complain about the lack of top end on the YZF but is it still the case on the 19 model ? And if so...
Many people complain about the lack of top end on the YZF but is it still the case on the 19 model ? And if so can it be fixed ? Maybe a tooth higher ? Vortex/tuned ECU ?
The engine building business has taught a lot about some interesting things.

The single most interesting to me - is rider perception. On paper - and engine that makes the MOST power everywhere is best (if you could build such a thing to lead the pack bottom to top) - but if the peak torque comes on early - and has a large fall off from peak torque at peak hp (yet still climbing in HP) riders will say top sucks

Same exact engine but take away peak torque amount - with SAME top - they will say the top is good.

So...
the yzf has very good top - it's not a ktm or a crf - but it's close.
It also has very good torque - very soon in the curve.

Riders say the top sucks (or did) - past 13000 - the old yzf did fall off. But to 13000 it was solid.

However - the crf and ktm are stronger up top - and noticeably so. Even still. The crf was lacking some tuning HP last year - but tuned in its quite strong power wise - just shitty until 10k on the dyno.
Jrewing
11/28/2018 9:49pm
It’s this or the ktm350 for me. I ride a 125 so I like to rev a bike. Seeing who does the better deal at the dealership and they get my cold hard.
Sounds like this bike is the bench mark handling wise. I laugh at the talk of lack of low end after a year on a HPP cylinder 125. Rode the 19 ktm bikes and liked the 125,250 and best was the 350.
Jrewing
11/28/2018 9:50pm

Have you done a dual injector set up on the yzf?
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
11/28/2018 11:12pm

Post a reply to: 2019 CRF 250 Test? Reviews?

The Latest