2019 450 Supercross Rankings

Related:
Create New Tag

11/15/2018 2:55 PM

I put together a preliminary rider ranking for the 450 Supercross season, and I decided to see what Vital thinks because I enjoy pain.

When you see everything laid out in a list like this with the four 250 riders moving up, it really does become a deep field (it's with a very heavy heart that I rank Chad Reed 17th). Tell me if you think this list is wrong, but tell me WHY. In any case, 2019 will be an interesting year.

Photo

How are SweetTooth182's rankings?

View Results

|

11/15/2018 2:59 PM

Id say they’re pretty good, I might put AP and zacho higher and definitely hill higher

|

11/15/2018 3:10 PM

Tomac
Anderson
Roczen
Mooscan
Baggett

|

11/15/2018 3:27 PM

I stopped reading after JA in 4th. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and "gut" feel.... but even for as much potential as Marv and Kenny both have; I have no idea how you could just throw the reigning champion off the entire podium based on, what???

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

11/15/2018 3:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2018 3:40 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

I stopped reading after JA in 4th. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and "gut" feel.... but even for as much potential as Marv and Kenny both have; I have no idea how you could just throw the reigning champion off the entire podium based on, what???

Remember the respect RD got the year after his first 450 title?

|

11/15/2018 3:40 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

With Musquin's knee injury, for now, if it is not too serious, I would automatically trade Anderson 4th with Musquin 2nd, just because his pre season preparation and so confidence won't be at its peak in January. The rest seems to be some reasonable forecasts (I would also trade Savatgy 15th with Baggett 7th, and I think Bowers will make this list).

|

11/15/2018 3:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/15/2018 3:52 PM

Id Slide Zack Osborne in 5th And bump barcia 6th and everyone else back 1 spot
I would also put Savatgy in the Top 10
When have we ever seen him not Running towards the front of the pack ?
Its Definitely gonna be an interesting year in 450SX
And very very interesting to see where the 4 fast rookies file in , with hill Doing so good at the Florida SX last yr and Joey Running good at Monster cup just adds to the wonder

|

11/15/2018 3:52 PM

Peick will finish at least top 7 . He has a great record of finishing races . I hate to say it but I think Kenny will Kenny. It will be a more intressting season beacaue I thing hill and AP get a race win .But I don't think either will finish top ten in the championship

|

11/15/2018 4:18 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Probably just basing it on the fact that his 1,2,3 were injured at some point last season. And with him coming back from injury I think MM, and KR are going to be a toss up. I think Baggett will surprise people this year too. But it's SX who knows what the heck is going to happen!

|

11/15/2018 4:20 PM

Also, can't count Savatgy out. I think if he can stay off the ground he has a great chance of doing well from what we saw at MEC!

|

11/15/2018 4:25 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Based on raw speed and a field where everyone is healthy

|

11/15/2018 4:59 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

I think jason himself understands he didnt win that title by being the best guy.... hes 4th. Easily.

|

11/15/2018 5:35 PM

Kx125rider wrote:

Oxymoron bro.. Maybe that's the difference in our view points - perfect world vs reality..

Steady consistency usually tend to trump raw speed; especially in SX...

Either way, all good smile cheers

|

11/15/2018 5:38 PM

I just want to see Ken get a win.

|

11/15/2018 5:47 PM

Seely might come out roost'n for a few wins. I'd be alright with that.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

11/15/2018 5:55 PM

I don't think Hill gets past round 5 without an injury.

|

11/15/2018 5:57 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

I hope He proves you wrong but i wouldnt bet against you.

|

11/15/2018 5:59 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Kx125rider wrote:

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Oxymoron bro.. Maybe that's the difference in our view points - perfect world vs reality..

Steady consistency usually tend to trump raw speed; especially in SX...

Either way, all good smile cheers

I understand where you’re coming from and Anderson was the best based on last years reality. That being said there were so many moving pieces that allowed that to happen such as musquin having a bunch of incidents, eli digging a massive hole for himself and Roczen getting hurt. That’s racing, but to hold each to their prior faults is nearly as rash as assuming everyone will be perfect. Its just easier to comprehend and compare riders assuming they are in their best form. But none of this really matters because what’s on paper rarely translates to real life because of the chaotic nature of racing. We’ll see come 2019!

|

11/15/2018 6:06 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Unfortunately I agree. I think he will ride beyond his ability and crash.

|

11/15/2018 6:20 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

BobKerr wrote:

Unfortunately I agree. I think he will ride beyond his ability and crash.

$20 says JGR already has a short list of go-to fill in riders before the gate even drops at A1 haha... Love the JGR squad, but I swear it seems like every year it's like musical chairs over there

|

11/15/2018 6:21 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

DPR250R wrote:

Remember the respect RD got the year after his first 450 title?

The resemblance is almost eerie, isn't it

|

11/15/2018 6:23 PM

Thats a cool spreadsheet you put together sweetTooth182 ,
And i Have a Major sweet tooth like all day every day, sweets are my kryptonite im Lucky i am active so im not to over weight.

|

11/15/2018 7:13 PM

I don’t see any rookie in the top 10. 450 sx is hard!

|

11/15/2018 10:44 PM

I think we will see big improvements from Roczen and Cooper

|

11/16/2018 5:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2018 5:28 AM

Anderson has way more in the tank than he was forced to show last season IMO. He cruised to that championship unchallenged.

|

11/16/2018 6:30 AM

Do you mean "rank" in its literal sense (the ability/speed of the racer) or do you mean where they're going to finish this season? I feel like your list is more accurate in the literal sense as far as raw speed or where they would rank in a single race with everyone at their best.

|

11/16/2018 6:40 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

The resemblance is almost eerie, isn't it

Well it did take 5 years for Dungey to get his second. Personally, I’d have Jason second to Eli on the list of title favorites

|

11/16/2018 7:01 AM

looks pretty good, i would understand JA21 in 4th if this ranking included outdoors

|

11/16/2018 8:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2018 8:15 AM

I dont think bagget will be that high, Justin hill might be a spoiler IF he stays healthy

|

11/16/2018 8:30 AM

Jason was on the podium 11 out of 17 rounds

Top 5 15 out of 17 rounds

4 wins. All of the top competitors finished the season

At least in Oakland and San Diego, he went and took those wins for himself

|