2019 250F pricing / what did you pay?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2019 3:18 PM

I am in the market and I am curious as to what the best deal on a 250F is. I am going to buy the Yamaha but I am curious about the other brands.

What did you pay out the door minus tax? What brand? What state?

|

2/12/2019 3:22 PM

MSRP + tax. Don’t settle for anything more

|

2/12/2019 3:48 PM

I’m in the same boat, getting back into and really all these bikes are so good, just pick a color and what you can get the best deal on. Kawi 250fs are the cheap but Yamaha from my research has the best financing, But cost more

|

2/12/2019 3:49 PM

GasGasOrAss wrote:

MSRP + tax. Don’t settle for anything more

You pay full MSRP?

|

2/12/2019 3:51 PM

Rode that yami. Great bike!!!!

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

2/12/2019 4:09 PM

In the same boat eyeing a YZ250F...

These are my questions-

When is the best time to buy?

When are the incentives and financing the best?

Guys that buy bikes out of state, how do you go about finding the best deals?

|

2/12/2019 4:15 PM

UGOTBIT wrote:

These are my questions-

incentives depend on sales volume (if it's selling) and qty available.

If lots are still on dealer floors and the yamaha warehouse - about mid year they do a sales event (spring time usually post tax return)

If demand is high and supply low they wont...maybe just a finance promotion.

Then august 2019 - to help the dealer sell any remaining stock so they can push into 2020's - they always have reduced pricing (often at the dealers loss - not a yamaha promotion)

So MAAYBE spring time post tax season...
Out of state wise - Altus in okc is moving a lot of yamahas
Larsens in MN always sells a lot

And Im sure a ton more of dealers

I'm always a fan of supporting local but totally understandable to buy on price alone. IMHO 500 bucks either way on a 9k purchase isn't the deciding factor. If you can't afford the 500 - you can't afford the 9k is how i see it
Of course smarter/richer people than I make all life decisions to keep as much coin in their pocket as possible and always buy as low as possible

|

2/13/2019 3:13 AM

UGOTBIT wrote:

These are my questions-

Well, the best time to buy the 2019 is certainly when the 2020 comes out, but I don't want to wait that long.

The best way to get a deal is to get a few quotes and play a few dealers off each other. Say to one dealer that another dealer can do a certain price, and ask if they can beat it. This is what I do when I buy cars and I can usually get about 5-10 percent below invoice with enough persistence.

However, it always helps to have a low, but possible, number when you start off. Anyone willing to actually share some numbers? Around 7,000 pre-tax on the Yamaha 250F seems reasonable, but I am not sure.

|

2/13/2019 3:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2019 3:20 AM

Derek Harris wrote:

incentives depend on sales volume (if it's selling) and qty available.

If lots are still on dealer floors and the yamaha warehouse - about mid year they do a sales event (spring time usually post tax return)

If demand is high and supply low they wont...maybe just a finance promotion.

Then august 2019 - to help the dealer sell any remaining stock so they can push into 2020's - they always have reduced pricing (often at the dealers loss - not a yamaha promotion)

So MAAYBE spring time post tax season...
Out of state wise - Altus in okc is moving a lot of yamahas
Larsens in MN always sells a lot

And Im sure a ton more of dealers

I'm always a fan of supporting local but totally understandable to buy on price alone. IMHO 500 bucks either way on a 9k purchase isn't the deciding factor. If you can't afford the 500 - you can't afford the 9k is how i see it
Of course smarter/richer people than I make all life decisions to keep as much coin in their pocket as possible and always buy as low as possible

500 dollars in the S&P 500 will be worth $5,000 (inflation adjusted) by the time I want to retire. If I spend an extra 5 hours saving 500 bucks on a bike and stash it away, I am making $1,000 per hour, which is one of the best hourly rate I will ever get.

I was thinking that sales in the northeast would be easier now, since the weather is so terrible, but I could see spring being good because they are trying to sell out of that year's stock.

Any experience with buying out of state / shipping?

|

2/13/2019 7:21 AM

I like supporting local and if its 500 on 8k...i know that money goes to the staff and people involved who are often great people.
Dont get me wrong - shop and get the best deal from the local dealers u can...

But local sales tax is a texas requirement. Sadly You cant compete against that with a dealer that doesnt have that - and i see it all the time where a guy will save the sales tax onlyt to pay fed ex similar amount..
Or to not value their own time to assemble the bike and dispose of the crate

And often shipping becomes a hassle and you have to duck out of work to meet the truck driver or drive to ur local freight facility to pick it up

Ive never met someone who took their 500 savings and put it in the market. Im
Impressed. Most people say well i coulda spent that - let me buy some boots, gear, pipe, whatever.

|

2/15/2019 12:12 PM

my 2019 yz250f with GYTR handguards, rekluse radius cx, bib mousse front, tubliss rear, michelin starcross 5 medium front, starcross 5 soft rear all installed i was $9900OTD.

|

2015 Husqvarna FE501s
2020 KTM 250xc
2019 Yamaha YZ250F

2/16/2019 4:12 PM

I paid ten cents.

|