2018 vs 19 Honda 450

motorscross
Fantasy
561st
I just picked up a 19 Crf450r, and I am not sure how I feel about the new handlebar setup when compared to the 18. I am 6'2 and I absolutely loved the feel of that bike. The peg to bar ratio felt super comfortable and was easy to get used to. The bar setup on the 19 is 15 mm lower, and there are 4 ways to mount the bars on the bridge. Does anyone else have experience playing with this stuff? Im trying to figure out if I can get the same setup if I were to throw the oversize Renthal Twinwall CR high bend on it, or if I would need to get new clamps as well? Thanks for the help, I'm a little unsure of how to properly educate myself on these small details.
|
Winter86
10/16/2018 1:16am
Taller bars slowdown your turn and less responsive .. I had a 17 and now a 19’ and putting in taller bars isn’t necessarily a comfort thing as much as it is a control thing. Try spacers with a good bend.. also moving the bars back on the triple clamps tightens up the turn not to mention a few other things but as apposition to forward from neutral, far forward can have the opposite affect. It’s confusing but’ in short, find a good bend after you made yourself good room first but not by Changing from short or taller bars. I’d stick with risers or possibly trying bar mounts forward but if you’re not tall enough this could slow down responsiveness /arc in turns , making your bike less responsive all around as well.
Hope this helps in any way, good luck. Try it all and see for yourself, it’s the only way to find a better way.
kxf250f176
Fantasy
1354th
10/16/2018 7:10am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2018 7:10am
Shift the bars to the forward mounts. Makes a world of a difference. It takes 5 minutes to change. Play with the options they gave you before spending money on bars.

Post a reply to: 2018 vs 19 Honda 450

The Latest