2018 supercross

rclmx159
Has anyone heard anything about the 2018 Supercross schedule? I was wondering if Houston will make it back on the list.
|
twnorton
3/16/2017 9:44am
22 rounds. houston, tokyo, barcelona, dubai, london. Stamp it
1-forty-8
5/10/2017 4:22am
Don't they normally announce it at Las Vegas?? Was curious to see what's up myself.
jmx411
5/10/2017 5:19am
1-forty-8 wrote:
Don't they normally announce it at Las Vegas?? Was curious to see what's up myself.
I heard that some of the stadium contracts for next year was not all finalized before Vegas so that's why its not officially announced yet.
AP_151
5/10/2017 5:38am
Anyone in the know... are we expecting to add additional rounds? I know it was talked about.

I want to see Houston and Gillette back on the schedule, or even Charlotte, NC.

The Shop

5/10/2017 6:13am
AP_151 wrote:
Anyone in the know... are we expecting to add additional rounds? I know it was talked about. I want to see Houston and Gillette back on...
Anyone in the know... are we expecting to add additional rounds? I know it was talked about.

Would be thrilled to see Charlotte back too, but I don't see them doing it in the infield of the Speedway (Daytona style) like they used to, and I would be pretty surprised if they tried doing it at the Dirt Track like they did for the MXGP race last year. Apparently that ended up being a little too expensive. Plus only 14,000 seats. Though I was at the GP, and the event was f'ing awesome
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
5/10/2017 6:16am
Is it too much to hope that they are cutting back on the number or rounds???? Please!
resetjet
5/10/2017 6:26am
I thought matthes said houston and tampa
jmx411
5/10/2017 7:03am
AP_151 wrote:
Anyone in the know... are we expecting to add additional rounds? I know it was talked about. I want to see Houston and Gillette back on...

Would be thrilled to see Charlotte back too, but I don't see them doing it in the infield of the Speedway (Daytona style) like they used...
Would be thrilled to see Charlotte back too, but I don't see them doing it in the infield of the Speedway (Daytona style) like they used to, and I would be pretty surprised if they tried doing it at the Dirt Track like they did for the MXGP race last year. Apparently that ended up being a little too expensive. Plus only 14,000 seats. Though I was at the GP, and the event was f'ing awesome
If they were to do a supercross in Charlotte again it would be in Bank of America Stadium. The owner of the Panthers wants a supercross, but there are issues with the city of Charlotte closing off roads for that event.

Matthes has mentioned Houston and Tampa back on the schedule with Toronto being left off.
5/10/2017 7:12am
jmx411 wrote:
If they were to do a supercross in Charlotte again it would be in Bank of America Stadium. The owner of the Panthers wants a supercross...
If they were to do a supercross in Charlotte again it would be in Bank of America Stadium. The owner of the Panthers wants a supercross, but there are issues with the city of Charlotte closing off roads for that event.

Matthes has mentioned Houston and Tampa back on the schedule with Toronto being left off.
Wait, what??? Mind if I ask where you heard Jerry Richardson wants a supercross at Bank of America stadium?? Not calling you a liar, just really really curious about your comments. Not sure how closing roads for a SX would be any different than for a NFL game ???

They don't use BofA stadium for jack shit besides NFL games and the occasional soccer match, oh and a Kenny Chesney concert once I think. I've always thought a SX would be killer there, but again, they never seem to host ANYTHING at the stadium other than what it was built for.
jmx411
5/10/2017 7:19am
jmx411 wrote:
If they were to do a supercross in Charlotte again it would be in Bank of America Stadium. The owner of the Panthers wants a supercross...

Wait, what??? Mind if I ask where you heard Jerry Richardson wants a supercross at Bank of America stadium?? Not calling you a liar, just really...
Wait, what??? Mind if I ask where you heard Jerry Richardson wants a supercross at Bank of America stadium?? Not calling you a liar, just really really curious about your comments. Not sure how closing roads for a SX would be any different than for a NFL game ???

They don't use BofA stadium for jack shit besides NFL games and the occasional soccer match, oh and a Kenny Chesney concert once I think. I've always thought a SX would be killer there, but again, they never seem to host ANYTHING at the stadium other than what it was built for.
Matthes and Weege had mentioned it last year. The city hasn't been supportive of the event, which is why there is not many events there outside of football.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/10/2017 7:30am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2017 7:30am
twnorton wrote:
22 rounds. houston, tokyo, barcelona, dubai, london. Stamp it
You can unstamp that. Same number of rounds for '18 as '17.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/10/2017 7:32am
1-forty-8 wrote:
I'd expect to see this about mid-summer.
2stroked
5/10/2017 11:50am
They need to start circulating through different cities each year. Keep the main stay venues, and then explore different venues each year to help circulate the sport and reach new audiences.

Id like to see this:

anahiem
los angeles (at the coliseum)
san diego
phoenix
oakland/san francisco
texas (houston/dallas/arlington)
minneapolis
chicago
Daytona
toronto or Vancouver!!
indianapolis
Detroit or Boise
St.Louis/Kansas City (arrowhead stadium!)/Memphis
Seattle/Portland
Denver
New York/jersey/boston/charlotte
Vegas

MX Culture
5/10/2017 2:02pm
One of the Feld guys told me it would be out "in a few weeks"
tickleme20
5/10/2017 2:24pm
I would love to see something in the Mid Atlantic (DC/Baltimore/Philly). The only one I was able to do w/o air travel was the NYC/NJ round.

Post a reply to: 2018 supercross

The Latest