2018 silly season

Johnny Ringo
8/19/2017 6:37pm
I was told by a mechanic J mart was now to old to race a 250 I guess up to 450's he goes.
Davalos must have a fake ID then
es337
8/19/2017 6:37pm
I was told by a mechanic J mart was now to old to race a 250 I guess up to 450's he goes.
jmart is racing the GPs next year?
es337
8/19/2017 6:40pm
no but his girlfriends do
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
8/19/2017 6:42pm
Bidirella wrote:
Suzuki 250 slow? Seewer and Lawrence in the GPs think different about that! Kind of weird they have good Suzuki's in the GPs and suck in...
Suzuki 250 slow? Seewer and Lawrence in the GPs think different about that! Kind of weird they have good Suzuki's in the GPs and suck in the US..

You do realize the gp bikes don't have the same restrictions as the ama bikes right? The Zook is slow, it ain't slow in Europe because it ain't really a zook. Changing engine cases, bore, stroke, cams, head, makes for a one off motor.

The Shop

brewrabb
8/20/2017 12:05am
Ted722 wrote:
Thought this was pretty cool from 40 years ago in Cycle News. Carry on. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/18/210552/s1200_Screenshot_2017_08_18_at_5.52.36_PM.jpg[/img]
Thought this was pretty cool from 40 years ago in Cycle News. Carry on.

Look at team Husky, stacked with future champions.
mxjon454
8/20/2017 12:37am
Money wrote:
Matthes said hill to jgr 250 for 2018 450 19
mxjon454 wrote:
I wonder if that JGR suzuki 250 will be up to par to the PC Kawi. I remember hearing that some of the parts they had...
I wonder if that JGR suzuki 250 will be up to par to the PC Kawi. I remember hearing that some of the parts they had on Nicolettis 250 this year had "Stroupe45" on them from 2010.
Motofinne wrote:
They wont. The 2018 RMZ 250 is still the same bike as before. By far the slowest in the class. I think this will end up...
They wont. The 2018 RMZ 250 is still the same bike as before. By far the slowest in the class.

I think this will end up just like with KTM but worse. I'm sorry but i have very little faith in Hill. Yes he is fast and talented but this outdoor season has shown that the issues that he had when he went pro are still there.

Like Matthes says, a 250 regional title is almost nothing if you can't do something with it.
Yup thats exactly what i was thinking. IMO Hill should stay on PC. If he won back to back 250 titles and put in the time to be a lot better outdoors then more doors would open for a 450 ride. I think Hill still relies on his talent to get him by, like his older brother Josh did. I dont think he trains that hard compared to the other guys and it showed outdoors this year, and that could be a reason why he wants to get on the 450 so bad.

One of my buddies has been around the troy lee team the last couple years and he said that was one of the reasons he had problems over there. The team wanted him to train with Rattray but he didnt want to and wanted to keep doing his own thing and they didnt think it was enough.
jaredkeller96
8/20/2017 1:12am
mb60 wrote:
I'm interested in what Guy B said in pit bits about Barcia and Red Bull not working out a deal ?
ML512 wrote:
Barcia was up for a spot at Red Bull KTM and word on the street is Decoster and Harrison wanted him, but Red Bull said no.
I honestly don't see hammer saying no. I'll find out more this weekend..
colonel
8/20/2017 8:32am
mxjon454 wrote:
Yup thats exactly what i was thinking. IMO Hill should stay on PC. If he won back to back 250 titles and put in the time...
Yup thats exactly what i was thinking. IMO Hill should stay on PC. If he won back to back 250 titles and put in the time to be a lot better outdoors then more doors would open for a 450 ride. I think Hill still relies on his talent to get him by, like his older brother Josh did. I dont think he trains that hard compared to the other guys and it showed outdoors this year, and that could be a reason why he wants to get on the 450 so bad.

One of my buddies has been around the troy lee team the last couple years and he said that was one of the reasons he had problems over there. The team wanted him to train with Rattray but he didnt want to and wanted to keep doing his own thing and they didnt think it was enough.
Isnt he still training with Louch? If so, not sure who wold be worse of those 2?
F.B
8/20/2017 10:35am
mxjon454 wrote:
Yup thats exactly what i was thinking. IMO Hill should stay on PC. If he won back to back 250 titles and put in the time...

colonel wrote:
Isnt he still training with Louch? If so, not sure who wold be worse of those 2?
malachi177
8/20/2017 11:31am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 11:34am
Bidirella wrote:
Suzuki 250 slow? Seewer and Lawrence in the GPs think different about that! Kind of weird they have good Suzuki's in the GPs and suck in...
Suzuki 250 slow? Seewer and Lawrence in the GPs think different about that! Kind of weird they have good Suzuki's in the GPs and suck in the US..

Motofinne wrote:
I think both Seewer and Lawrence would love to be on a factory KTM/Husky.
Not at all, that yellow bike flat out rips. Seewer has many moto holeshots which takes HP!! He also has his fair share of wins on it....Go get an IV, you have a serious case of pumpkin feverSickSick
Motofinne
8/20/2017 11:49am
Bidirella wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
malachi177 wrote:
Not at all, that yellow bike flat out rips. Seewer has many moto holeshots which takes HP!! He also has his fair share of wins on...
Not at all, that yellow bike flat out rips. Seewer has many moto holeshots which takes HP!! He also has his fair share of wins on it....Go get an IV, you have a serious case of pumpkin feverSickSick
It's difficult to sense sarcasm through the computer but if you are serious i will show you this:

malachi177
8/20/2017 11:54am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 12:12pm
How many does Seewer have? Its been the orange or yellow show for the most part this season. The yellow bike is very competative. Seewer screwed up today though!!
davistld01
8/20/2017 11:59am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 12:01pm
Lastander wrote:
Is davalos staying at husky? He has been riding great on the 450, and how about bogle?
bd wrote:
No, sounds like Marty is signing with PC Monster Kawasaki and AC just said his renewed his contract with PC Monster Kawasaki.
Do you really see Davalos signing again for a 250f ride? I mean, thought he wanted on a 450...plus, after 10-years, you'd think he would point out!
kkawboy14
8/20/2017 12:37pm
es337 wrote:
no but his girlfriends do
You can only get little fish with a little hook.
But you can get big fish with a stick of dynamite and little fish!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/20/2017 12:40pm
Lastander wrote:
Is davalos staying at husky? He has been riding great on the 450, and how about bogle?
bd wrote:
No, sounds like Marty is signing with PC Monster Kawasaki and AC just said his renewed his contract with PC Monster Kawasaki.
davistld01 wrote:
Do you really see Davalos signing again for a 250f ride? I mean, thought he wanted on a 450...plus, after 10-years, you'd think he would point...
Do you really see Davalos signing again for a 250f ride? I mean, thought he wanted on a 450...plus, after 10-years, you'd think he would point out!
Believe it, he signed with PC.

PC has a solid team next year.
mxb2
8/20/2017 12:41pm
bd wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Do you really see Davalos signing again for a 250f ride? I mean, thought he wanted on a 450...plus, after 10-years, you'd think he would point...
UpTiTe wrote:
Believe it, he signed with PC.

PC has a solid team next year.
X2
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/20/2017 12:49pm
malachi177 wrote:
How many does Seewer have? Its been the orange or yellow show for the most part this season. The yellow bike is very competative. Seewer screwed...
How many does Seewer have? Its been the orange or yellow show for the most part this season. The yellow bike is very competative. Seewer screwed up today though!!
Well, based on that list, less than five. We just finished up the 16th round so out of 32 starts...27 of those belong to two factory KTMs and one factory Husqvarna.
kiwifan
8/20/2017 1:28pm
Bidirella wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
malachi177 wrote:
Not at all, that yellow bike flat out rips. Seewer has many moto holeshots which takes HP!! He also has his fair share of wins on...
Sorry but KTM/Husky have taken most of the starts...but I dont think HP is the #1 reason why, some riders are simply better starters than others...no point in having all the HP in the world if you can get it to the ground
TeamGreen
8/20/2017 7:00pm
If you could get hundreds of thousands of dollars to ride for Mitch...plus an amazing bonus program...
And you couldn't get a good deal from a 450 team...

What would you do?

It's funny. A lot of butt-hurt goin' on 'round h'yar!
malachi177
8/20/2017 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 8:23pm
Motofinne wrote:
malachi177 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Sorry but KTM/Husky have taken most of the starts...but I dont think HP is the #1 reason why, some riders are simply better starters than others...no...
Sorry but KTM/Husky have taken most of the starts...but I dont think HP is the #1 reason why, some riders are simply better starters than others...no point in having all the HP in the world if you can get it to the ground
I never said he had the most holeshots, I said he's had many...poor choice of wording I guess. Seewer has 7 moto wins, and 10 2nd place moto finishes.... and some shit luck/poor choices or he would be a lot closer to the points lead. But that's moto. For a series that's "KTM dominated" from most peoples wording, the old (plastics anyways), heavy slow Suzuki RMZ250 has 31% of the overalls (5) out of 16 rounds. To say the Suzuki 250 can't or isn't competitive is absurd.
davistld01
8/20/2017 7:53pm
TeamGreen wrote:
If you could get hundreds of thousands of dollars to ride for Mitch...plus an amazing bonus program... And you couldn't get a good deal from a...
If you could get hundreds of thousands of dollars to ride for Mitch...plus an amazing bonus program...
And you couldn't get a good deal from a 450 team...

What would you do?

It's funny. A lot of butt-hurt goin' on 'round h'yar!
No butt-hurt here...just surprised. I read an interview where he said he was "dying to get on the big bikes", and now he signs with PC. Oh well...I guess when it all comes down, it's all about the money anyway, huh? I guess we'll have at least one more year of Vitards bitching about Davalos "cherry pickin".
davistld01
8/20/2017 9:22pm
kzizok wrote:
2:28 in, Party talks about wanting to ride the 450, where he said, "but, thats not my choice". One Lap: Martin Davalos on Budds Creek on...
2:28 in, Party talks about wanting to ride the 450, where he said, "but, thats not my choice".

One Lap: Martin Davalos on Budds Creek on Vital MX

Hmmmm...that's not where I saw it, but oh well. Guess he's a 250f guy.
DEMONDAVE
8/31/2017 4:34am
Other than Tickle / KTM any updates ?

Post a reply to: 2018 silly season

The Latest