2018 silly season

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2017 9:36 PM

has the been any recent news or rumors of where we might see riders going?

|

8/15/2017 9:38 PM

Reed to Suzuki I've heard
Barcia to KTM I've also heard
Brayton is on MCR and they're also looking for a rider
J Mart on geico 450?
Tickle to KTM?
Bogle to Yamaha?
So many riders I feel that don't have a ride.

|

8/15/2017 9:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2017 9:42 PM

Alessi to green

pastures

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/15/2017 9:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2017 9:49 PM

kzizok wrote:

Alessi to green

pastures

aahh you got me smile

|

8/15/2017 10:19 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

J Mart on geico 450?
Tickle to KTM?
Bogle to Yamaha?

Partially correct. 3/6

|

8/15/2017 10:41 PM

Didn't they announce at Unadilla that JMart would be 250 full time next year?

|

8/15/2017 10:55 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Thought it was 250SX and 450 outdoors

|

8/16/2017 6:51 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

yes 250

|

8/16/2017 7:13 AM

I'm interested in what Guy B said in pit bits about Barcia and Red Bull not working out a deal ?

|

8/16/2017 7:33 AM

tickle to ktm

|

8/16/2017 7:35 AM

J Mart on geico 450?
Tickle to KTM?
Bogle to Yamaha?

Reed, Tickle, and Bogle correct

|

8/16/2017 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2017 10:44 AM

Aussiefan wrote:

Only one that has been stamped is Tickle to KTM

|

8/16/2017 11:03 AM

J Mart on geico 450?
Tickle to KTM?
Bogle to Yamaha?

Aussiefan wrote:

BZZZZ wrong. Millsaps to Yamaha, Bogle to JGR, Reed Ktm of some sort, Barcia is still a ?

|

8/16/2017 11:05 AM

mb60 wrote:

I'm interested in what Guy B said in pit bits about Barcia and Red Bull not working out a deal ?

Barcia was up for a spot at Red Bull KTM and word on the street is Decoster and Harrison wanted him, but Red Bull said no.

|

8/16/2017 11:06 AM

J Mart on geico 450?
Tickle to KTM?
Bogle to Yamaha?

Aussiefan wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:

BZZZZ wrong. Millsaps to Yamaha, Bogle to JGR, Reed Ktm of some sort, Barcia is still a ?

Bogle....I wouldn't bet on the JGR thing yet.

|

8/16/2017 11:54 AM

Davalos to Yamaha

|

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

8/16/2017 12:24 PM

Aussiefan wrote:

Zycki11 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

Bogle....I wouldn't bet on the JGR thing yet.

Millsaps to Yamaha "could" make sense (although he is accident prone...). On the flipside don't be surprised to see Bogle at Yamaha also. I know Reed has recently tested a KTM, however, my money is still on him going to JGR.

I guess another question is, is Peick re-signed with JGR for 2018? if not we "may" see Reed and Bogle at JGR together. Peick could very well end up at the Rocky Mountain team or Motoconcepts.

Pure speculation (part of it anyways)

|

8/16/2017 12:54 PM

ML512 wrote:

Barcia was up for a spot at Red Bull KTM and word on the street is Decoster and Harrison wanted him, but Red Bull said no.

Is that just a conflict of interest you think ? Or maybe something from the past ?

|

8/16/2017 1:09 PM

mb60 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

mb60 wrote:

Is that just a conflict of interest you think ? Or maybe something from the past ?

I would think it's Red Bull not wanting to be associated with him? He definitely doesn't have the best rep.

|

8/16/2017 1:13 PM

ML512 wrote:

Red Bull are not daft.
Says a lot about the current state of affairs , a guy getting the flick from a 2nd string team , in the frame for a ride on the best team in the series.

|

8/16/2017 1:14 PM

Regardless of the team, I would take Malcom over Barcia, I don't see either producing a championship, might as well get somebody the fans like.

|

8/16/2017 1:17 PM

I am surprised that JMart will be on a 250 for next year, I thought his contract has him on a Factory 450 under Geico tent, and I wonder since Bogle isnt a done deal at JGR that he might be a chance at MCR?

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

8/16/2017 1:58 PM

I could be wrong, but i vaguely remember Barcia being a "Monster athlete", not just part of the Monster sponsorship of JGR. So maybe his contract with Monster is what is standing in the way of the KTM ride.

If remember right, when Monster came on as a JGR sponsor Barcia and Phil were directly sponsored by them, and Pieck was sponsored through the team deal (he only had the claw on his jersey not a monster helmet).

|

8/16/2017 2:36 PM

ChristopherHitchens wrote:

Davalos to Yamaha

Rock star Husky should keep Davalos. WIth the attrition rate being over 50%, a team can always use another rider.

|

8/16/2017 2:38 PM

ML512 wrote:

mb60 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

I would think it's Red Bull not wanting to be associated with him? He definitely doesn't have the best rep.

See the Stewart Monster/RedBull issue.

Same thing.

|

8/16/2017 3:50 PM

mb60 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

IceMan446 wrote:

See the Stewart Monster/RedBull issue.

Same thing.

I get that but I kind of feel like that's a little different, James was a RedBull guy for a long long time and Barcia's only been a Monster guy for what 3 or 4 years? I honestly didn't think that would stand in the way considering Deano was sponsored by Monster for as long if not longer and he rode for the RedBull KTM last year. They also signed Dungey who was with Rockstar for awhile.

Not trying to argue just kind of surprised that would play a factor.

|

8/16/2017 4:06 PM

DF313 wrote:

Regardless of the team, I would take Malcom over Barcia, I don't see either producing a championship, might as well get somebody the fans like.

Barcia has a better resume, races both SX and Mx.

|

8/16/2017 7:23 PM

Half the field is banging, dating or married to a monster girl.

JG, DM18, Bowers, Both Hill brothers the list goes on.

|

8/16/2017 7:30 PM

DF313 wrote:

Why would you take someone who only races half the year....and still shows up out of shape?

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/16/2017 7:33 PM

DF313 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Why would you take someone who only races half the year....and still shows up out of shape?

Agreed, makes no sense

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L