2018 crf450

snape99
11/13/2017 8:36pm
The 50t sprocket was the biggest improvement on my 2017. Looking forward to running the 2018 model with the improved stock map and std gearing
H4L
11/13/2017 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2017 9:29pm
Myke wrote:
To me none at all, I ride in mostly the low to mid part of the powerband.. It just sounds a bit deeper than stock. I...
To me none at all, I ride in mostly the low to mid part of the powerband.. It just sounds a bit deeper than stock.

I bought it for a decent price so that is why I have it.
mxb2 wrote:
Add a remap,change gearing ,that bike will rip.
Myke wrote:
I agree, it actually rips stock. I have been working on toning it down. I went to a 48t rear sprocket and I only have ever...
I agree, it actually rips stock. I have been working on toning it down. I went to a 48t rear sprocket and I only have ever run the soft map. I actually have never tried the other two. My riding style is smooth and I have good corner speed (well for my ability) so I can carry a decent amount of momentum so I am not looking for that aggressive hit.

Even with the soft map and the 48t rear it's fast enough for me.
Thanks for the responses. After posting my question I did a google search & found the link below.on a ride report. It looks like it adds a little from low-mid, but not enough to justify the cost.

https://www.dirtrider.com/2017-honda-crf450r-project-build

On a 10 model I had the RS-4 & it made a noticeable difference combined with a remap. There were gains across the rpm range especially in the mid-top.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
11/13/2017 9:22pm
mxb2 wrote:
Add a remap,change gearing ,that bike will rip.
Myke wrote:
I agree, it actually rips stock. I have been working on toning it down. I went to a 48t rear sprocket and I only have ever...
I agree, it actually rips stock. I have been working on toning it down. I went to a 48t rear sprocket and I only have ever run the soft map. I actually have never tried the other two. My riding style is smooth and I have good corner speed (well for my ability) so I can carry a decent amount of momentum so I am not looking for that aggressive hit.

Even with the soft map and the 48t rear it's fast enough for me.
H4L wrote:
Thanks for the responses. After posting my question I did a google search & found the link below.on a ride report. It looks like it adds...
Thanks for the responses. After posting my question I did a google search & found the link below.on a ride report. It looks like it adds a little from low-mid, but not enough to justify the cost.

https://www.dirtrider.com/2017-honda-crf450r-project-build

On a 10 model I had the RS-4 & it made a noticeable difference combined with a remap. There were gains across the rpm range especially in the mid-top.
Thanks for the link! Based on what they say I can agree because the taller gearing works really good and it does hook up really well and accelerate with the taller gearing.

I let someone who had an 18 yzf450 ride my bike and he said he really like the smooth power. I watched him and within a 1/2 a lap he was jumping everything that he was on his yamaha and looked super smooth. He rode it for a while too so I know he was comfortable on it.

Your in CA, socal? if so you are welcome to try my bike if we run into each other.
H4L
11/13/2017 9:27pm
Myke wrote:
Thanks for the link! Based on what they say I can agree because the taller gearing works really good and it does hook up really well...
Thanks for the link! Based on what they say I can agree because the taller gearing works really good and it does hook up really well and accelerate with the taller gearing.

I let someone who had an 18 yzf450 ride my bike and he said he really like the smooth power. I watched him and within a 1/2 a lap he was jumping everything that he was on his yamaha and looked super smooth. He rode it for a while too so I know he was comfortable on it.

Your in CA, socal? if so you are welcome to try my bike if we run into each other.
I'm actually in NorCal. Appreciate the offer tho..

The Shop

Post a reply to: 2018 crf450

The Latest