2018 bikes being homologated

kiwifan
6/5/2017 7:46pm
With strong rumors that the 2018 YZF450F is being pushed into being homologated for the rest of the MX season (well what is left of it by the time it does) ...then does Honda (CRF250R) and Suzuki (RMZ450) do the same thing??? Would make sense to wouldnt it??
|
Gravel
6/5/2017 8:55pm
Could an OEM have two models approved to race at the same time? Use the '17 as a baseline for the '18?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/5/2017 9:01pm
kiwifan wrote:
With strong rumors that the 2018 YZF450F is being pushed into being homologated for the rest of the MX season (well what is left of it...
With strong rumors that the 2018 YZF450F is being pushed into being homologated for the rest of the MX season (well what is left of it by the time it does) ...then does Honda (CRF250R) and Suzuki (RMZ450) do the same thing??? Would make sense to wouldnt it??
250 it doesn't make sense, too much development go into the engines for Geico to get one ready in time...and it won't be around until August I believe...

I don't think we will see the Suzuki either as the official release for the bike is still another month away...but then again, maybe someone will race it late in the season.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/5/2017 9:03pm
Gravel wrote:
Could an OEM have two models approved to race at the same time? Use the '17 as a baseline for the '18?
They can race two different year models at the same time if they'd like and teams have before.
kiwifan
6/5/2017 11:25pm
ML512 wrote:
250 it doesn't make sense, too much development go into the engines for Geico to get one ready in time...and it won't be around until August...
250 it doesn't make sense, too much development go into the engines for Geico to get one ready in time...and it won't be around until August I believe...

I don't think we will see the Suzuki either as the official release for the bike is still another month away...but then again, maybe someone will race it late in the season.
ah good point about the 250 mind you the 2018 stocker got raced (and won) against modified 250's with a retired racer on board in Japan..so power wise it might not need a lot of development? Then again yeah if its available in August then probably too late.

oh well I hope the Zook is raced before the end of the season....I am interested in seeing it!

So with all in that in mind, then is the new YZF450F available sooner???

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/6/2017 1:21am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2017 1:31am
ML512 wrote:
250 it doesn't make sense, too much development go into the engines for Geico to get one ready in time...and it won't be around until August...

kiwifan wrote:
ah good point about the 250 mind you the 2018 stocker got raced (and won) against modified 250's with a retired racer on board in Japan..so...
ah good point about the 250 mind you the 2018 stocker got raced (and won) against modified 250's with a retired racer on board in Japan..so power wise it might not need a lot of development? Then again yeah if its available in August then probably too late.

oh well I hope the Zook is raced before the end of the season....I am interested in seeing it!

So with all in that in mind, then is the new YZF450F available sooner???
Mind you, the other 250F's in the field aren't that built and the retired racer is a full time HRC test rider who's more skilled than almost all the riders in that field still.

The only factory level 250F entry in that class is one bike from Yamaha, I was surprised.
kiwifan
6/6/2017 1:39am
ML512 wrote:
Mind you, the other 250F's in the field aren't that built and the retired racer is a full time HRC test rider who's more skilled than...
Mind you, the other 250F's in the field aren't that built and the retired racer is a full time HRC test rider who's more skilled than almost all the riders in that field still.

The only factory level 250F entry in that class is one bike from Yamaha, I was surprised.
Well I stand corrected then, maybe the new Honda 250 isnt all that then if thats the case.
6/6/2017 1:53am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2017 1:54am
ML512 wrote:
Mind you, the other 250F's in the field aren't that built and the retired racer is a full time HRC test rider who's more skilled than...

kiwifan wrote:
Well I stand corrected then, maybe the new Honda 250 isnt all that then if thats the case.
You can't make any assumption about the performance of a pre production prototype being raced in a series that isn't that competative internationally v's a production model that isn't even out yet.
If you want to make any asumption, based on history, it would have to be that the new bike will be an improvement but still wont be the class HP hero and will be very easy to ride and very competative for most people even though they may actually think it slow. And there will be a heap more new potenetial for engine tuners to extract and many more holeshots for the Geico race team.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
6/6/2017 2:15am
ML512 wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
Not what I meant, I just was trying to point out that it's still a production bike...even if they hit their target performance gains, it's not the level of a US 250F race bike and just a couple bolt-one won't get you there either.
APLMAN99
6/6/2017 7:24am
Gravel wrote:
ML512 wrote:
They can race two different year models at the same time if they'd like and teams have before.
I think that they can race 5 different model years at any given time........
kiwifan
6/6/2017 2:02pm
ML512 wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
You can't make any assumption about the performance of a pre production prototype being raced in a series that isn't that competative internationally v's a production...
You can't make any assumption about the performance of a pre production prototype being raced in a series that isn't that competative internationally v's a production model that isn't even out yet.
If you want to make any asumption, based on history, it would have to be that the new bike will be an improvement but still wont be the class HP hero and will be very easy to ride and very competative for most people even though they may actually think it slow. And there will be a heap more new potenetial for engine tuners to extract and many more holeshots for the Geico race team.
maybe

Post a reply to: 2018 bikes being homologated

The Latest