2018 TTR 250

Nairb#70
A good bud of mine just picked one up to ride with other buds on similar bikes backyard type stuff nothing crazy just trailriding. He is 5'11" and about 190 lbs., and despite my efforts refused to buy anything else. The bike is totally inadequate, and doesn't appear to have much in the way of available aftermarket stuff. Forks are like mashed potatoes, clutch is creaky, way too lean, and it's just a wonky scoot. But I've been charged with making it decent. Anyone have one of these and advice would be appreciated.
|
5/6/2021 6:50pm
"picked one up to ride with other buds on similar bikes backyard type stuff nothing crazy"
--Sounds like the right bike for him, then.

"Forks are like mashed potatoes"
-- stiffer springs, raise oil, heavier oil.

"clutch is creaky"
-- Lube the cable

"way too lean"
-- jet it richer.
5/6/2021 7:08pm
[i]"picked one up to ride with other buds on similar bikes backyard type stuff nothing crazy"[/i] --Sounds like the right bike for him, then. [i]"Forks are...
"picked one up to ride with other buds on similar bikes backyard type stuff nothing crazy"

"clutch is creaky"
-- Lube the cable

"way too lean"
-- jet it richer.
Dirty Points with the bullet points
Nairb#70
5/6/2021 7:08pm
[i]"picked one up to ride with other buds on similar bikes backyard type stuff nothing crazy"[/i] --Sounds like the right bike for him, then. [i]"Forks are...

"clutch is creaky"
-- Lube the cable

"way too lean"
-- jet it richer.
Damn, why didn't I think of that.
Thanx for the info. Huh
5/6/2021 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2021 7:16pm

"clutch is creaky"
-- Lube the cable

"way too lean"
-- jet it richer.
Nairb#70 wrote:
Damn, why didn't I think of that.
Thanx for the info. Huh
I mean, what do you want to hear? It's a perfectly fine bike for what it is, and for what he wants it for. I wouldn't drop a Yosh system or anything on it, trying to get it to be something it's not. Maybe pull the baffle out, but then again, for the backyard maybe not.

It sounds like it may have a few maintenance issues (as used bike will), and you know what to do about them.

Here's the owner's board:
https://ttr250.activeboard.com/

The Shop

kardy
5/6/2021 7:39pm

"clutch is creaky"
-- Lube the cable

"way too lean"
-- jet it richer.
The Perfect Response.
KTM831
5/6/2021 8:12pm
I thought they stopped making the TTR250 in 2006?
outerlimits
5/6/2021 8:37pm
KTM831 wrote:
Exactly! I'm thinking he meant TTR230 and yes those are pretty inadequate for most anything.
Nairb#70
5/7/2021 5:13pm
KTM831 wrote:
Exactly! I'm thinking he meant TTR230 and yes those are pretty inadequate for most anything.
Yup, I meant 230. So far this thread is simply not delivering so I say lets just flush it🚽
CASH476
5/7/2021 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2021 5:43pm
Get the head ported, change the cams, add a full Ti system, pumper carb off an older yzf, add some SSS forks, revalve and spring the shock and you're good to go.

Is that what you're looking for? :/
RMT
5/7/2021 9:17pm
Take off the gas cap and roll the bike away, then roll a YZ250F under it. Your only issue is the TTR gas cap won’t fit so you’ll have to buy a new YZF cap. That’s four actions and doesn’t even require a wrench. Guaranteed huge performance gains.

But seriously, what are the other bikes he’s trying to keep up with? Every track isn’t Glen Helen on Thursdays and requires a top level bike (and skill) to not get run over.

Post a reply to: 2018 TTR 250

The Latest