2018 Suzuki must be stiff!

Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 9:53am

Look at the top motor mounts on Bogle's 18 RMZ.
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/26/2017 7:59am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 7:59am
#434 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/26/216783/s1200_jgr_rmz_18.jpg[/img] Look at the top motor mounts on Bogle's 18 RMZ.

Good eye, they've taken a lot of material away from that top engine mount.
Forty
9/26/2017 8:46am
Nice ride....hope Bogel can make it work for him.
9/26/2017 9:28am
#434 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/26/216783/s1200_jgr_rmz_18.jpg[/img] Look at the top motor mounts on Bogle's 18 RMZ.

ML512 wrote:
Good eye, they've taken a lot of material away from that top engine mount.
What were your thoughts on the frame's stiffness and feel? You didn't mention that specifically in the shoot out.

The Shop

Flip109
9/26/2017 9:34am
You know, when these things came out, I really wasn't a fan. But JGR really made that think look awesome!
BobPA
9/26/2017 9:47am
Flip109 wrote:
You know, when these things came out, I really wasn't a fan. But JGR really made that think look awesome!
I agree, that thing looks pretty good. Eliminate a few sponsor logos and it would look even better.....But that is who pays the bills
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/26/2017 9:53am
aroark247 wrote:
I bet that bike is nowhere near 248 lbs.
But not as light as a stock KTM 450 SX-F.
twotwosix
9/26/2017 10:24am
I wonder what the odds are that those are Bogles actual forks from RCH? It would have been Yosh property right? You think JGR just inherited access to a lot of works Suzuki items?
9/26/2017 10:59am
twotwosix wrote:
I wonder what the odds are that those are Bogles actual forks from RCH? It would have been Yosh property right? You think JGR just inherited...
I wonder what the odds are that those are Bogles actual forks from RCH? It would have been Yosh property right? You think JGR just inherited access to a lot of works Suzuki items?
Considering JGR is the official U.S. factory race team for Suzuki, I doubt they have problems getting anything.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/26/2017 11:04am
twotwosix wrote:
I wonder what the odds are that those are Bogles actual forks from RCH? It would have been Yosh property right? You think JGR just inherited...
Those probably are because they're property of Showa for the most part. All of JGR's stuff from last year (they grey forks) were used units that Showa had laying around from Suzuki's factory team a few years earlier.
9/26/2017 12:07pm
twotwosix wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Those probably are because they're property of Showa for the most part. All of JGR's stuff from last year (they grey forks) were used units that...
Those probably are because they're property of Showa for the most part. All of JGR's stuff from last year (they grey forks) were used units that Showa had laying around from Suzuki's factory team a few years earlier.
And I can't see them messing with what he took all year to get dialed in for moto wins. Is a new chassis though. They'll be learning from what he brought over in knowledge. Any of the RCH guys land there?
9/26/2017 12:42pm
Why don't other manufacturers take note of KTM, Honda, etc and remove some header pipe from the rear of the exhaust and add it to the front, so that the muffler doesn't stick out so far? Instead of turning 180 out of the head, it turns down 90 and then does a curling 180 back up, almost like a 250 2-stroke pipe.

Probably helps shift the weight a bit forward, too.

That Suzuki muffler is almost sticking out past the rear edge of the rear sprocket.
twotwosix
9/26/2017 12:49pm
Why don't other manufacturers take note of KTM, Honda, etc and remove some header pipe from the rear of the exhaust and add it to the...
Why don't other manufacturers take note of KTM, Honda, etc and remove some header pipe from the rear of the exhaust and add it to the front, so that the muffler doesn't stick out so far? Instead of turning 180 out of the head, it turns down 90 and then does a curling 180 back up, almost like a 250 2-stroke pipe.

That Suzuki muffler is almost sticking out past the rear edge of the rear sprocket.
It's not that simple man. Every bit of that changes power characteristics. The longer head pipe is typically used to move the power lower in the rev range. There are COG benefits, but it's just not a basic design choice. Also, the Honda has dual cans. The singles on the new CRF stick out quite a bit.
9/26/2017 1:00pm
twotwosix wrote:
It's not that simple man. Every bit of that changes power characteristics. The longer head pipe is typically used to move the power lower in the...
It's not that simple man. Every bit of that changes power characteristics. The longer head pipe is typically used to move the power lower in the rev range. There are COG benefits, but it's just not a basic design choice. Also, the Honda has dual cans. The singles on the new CRF stick out quite a bit.
I understand changing the length of the exhaust effects the power curve, but i'm not talking about going with a longer head pipe. The overall length would be the same, just bending down towards the ground first instead of 180'ing straight back. For example, if you took a piece of straight string and put a 90/180/90 bend into it, lateral length would be shorter, but the rope length would still be the same. This would allow the muffler to be moved forward on the bike.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/26/2017 1:01pm
Why don't other manufacturers take note of KTM, Honda, etc and remove some header pipe from the rear of the exhaust and add it to the...

In the case of the KTM, that's a power-style choice. The GP team runs those headers while the US team runs a much shorter setup.

Forty
9/26/2017 1:11pm

Bogels RMZ pipe is actually not bad, the stock pipe on my RMZ is huge. I was going to cut it back a little just so I wouldn't hit it with my boot every time I swung a leg.

Post a reply to: 2018 Suzuki must be stiff!

The Latest