2018 Suzuki RMZ450

Spinazuki
8/25/2019 6:41pm
Spinazuki wrote:
The Circlip will be flush with the shock body once seated. The shock body would make it impossible for the circlip to be removed without first...
The Circlip will be flush with the shock body once seated. The shock body would make it impossible for the circlip to be removed without first having the cartridge depressed into the shock body first.

colvin227 wrote:
Have you got to ride it yet with this valving change?
Just rode it today. LOVED the shock, VERY PLUSH and controlled.
There is a lot of adjustment stiffer and softer. Great on acceleration bumps and breaking bumps.

Simple model. Increased rebound dampening, softened low speed compression. I wont need a 2 stage stack. I need to ride it at a faster mkre open outdoor style track.
I believe the check sleeve on the rebound valve SOLVED vagueness and cavitation. My sleeve provides for 2mm of free check, 1.5mm may be enough. 1mm isnt enough, way too restrictive.
Spinazuki
8/25/2019 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2019 11:21am
Very few mods
• Shortened the muffler by 2"
• 136.5mm Ride Engineering Link

BFRC Shock
• Moved 3 of 10 (34 mm x .15 mm) compression shims to the rebound valve
• replaced both check sleeves with 2.88mm long sleeves, stock is 1.88mm. Allows free flow after the compression stack and reservior.
colvin227
8/25/2019 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2019 6:53pm
Spinazuki wrote:
The Circlip will be flush with the shock body once seated. The shock body would make it impossible for the circlip to be removed without first...
The Circlip will be flush with the shock body once seated. The shock body would make it impossible for the circlip to be removed without first having the cartridge depressed into the shock body first.

colvin227 wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
Just rode it today. LOVED the shock, VERY PLUSH and controlled. There is a lot of adjustment stiffer and softer. Great on acceleration bumps and breaking...
There is a lot of adjustment stiffer and softer. Great on acceleration bumps and breaking bumps.

Simple model. Increased rebound dampening, softened low speed compression. I wont need a 2 stage stack. I need to ride it at a faster mkre open outdoor style track.
I believe the check sleeve on the rebound valve SOLVED vagueness and cavitation. My sleeve provides for 2mm of free check, 1.5mm may be enough. 1mm isnt enough, way too restrictive.
I think where people have the issues is on jump faces and kicking unexpectedly with the uncontrolled rebound feeling. So if you can mitigate that then yeah should be awesome. Braking bumps and acceleration chop has seemed to always be a strong suit of this shock it was always unexpected kicks going off junps or seat bouncing, to my understanding. It’s great your giving this your time.

That other shock is a KYB unit most likely off of the 19-20 RMZ250 it’s a direct bolt on and can be had online from retailers for under $500
colvin227
8/25/2019 6:49pm
Spinazuki wrote:
Very few mods • Shortened the muffler by 2" • 136.5mm Ride Engineering Link BFRC Shock • Moved 3 of 10 (34 mm x .15 mm)...
Very few mods

BFRC Shock
• replaced both check sleeves with 2.88mm long sleeves, stock is 1.88mm. Allows free flow after the compression stack and reservior.
Man the shortened muffler looks killer. Looks more tucked away like the 250 does. And it isn’t such an eyesore. Any dip in power with the mod?

The Shop

Spinazuki
8/25/2019 7:09pm
Thanks, it does look much better. It is a little louder. This thing is so fast I'm not sure what it did. The bike has so much low end torque it pulls like a tractor.
Spinazuki
8/25/2019 7:19pm
colvin227 wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
Just rode it today. LOVED the shock, VERY PLUSH and controlled. There is a lot of adjustment stiffer and softer. Great on acceleration bumps and breaking...

colvin227 wrote:
I think where people have the issues is on jump faces and kicking unexpectedly with the uncontrolled rebound feeling. So if you can mitigate that then...
I think where people have the issues is on jump faces and kicking unexpectedly with the uncontrolled rebound feeling. So if you can mitigate that then yeah should be awesome. Braking bumps and acceleration chop has seemed to always be a strong suit of this shock it was always unexpected kicks going off junps or seat bouncing, to my understanding. It’s great your giving this your time.

That other shock is a KYB unit most likely off of the 19-20 RMZ250 it’s a direct bolt on and can be had online from retailers for under $500
I read a LOT of reviews and feedback on the BFRC, as well as videos testing the bike. Bench testing the shock and looking at the stack it was somewhat obvious to me what was going on. The check valves were the most restrictive parts in the shock by quite a bit. The giant 54mm reservior was also telling. Opening up the checks put all the restriction where it belongs, on the valve stacks. I dont want secondary restriction, ESPECIALLY high speed where the rebound could be choked off and compression more harsh. In stock form it's both rebounding too fast on big hits and harsh.

I think this is a mandatory fix. May not need gold valve valve bodies, though I think they flow cleaner, no sharp bends or edges.
Preston412
8/26/2019 4:32am Edited Date/Time 8/26/2019 9:52am
Spinazuki wrote:
That is a beauty. What exactly is it?
3 screw adjusters are low speed, high, what's the 3rd?
All three adjusters are on top. Low High and Rebound
The_Diablo
Fantasy
1653rd
9/8/2019 8:57am
colvin227 wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:

colvin227 wrote:
I think where people have the issues is on jump faces and kicking unexpectedly with the uncontrolled rebound feeling. So if you can mitigate that then...

I can't find the 19-20 rmz 250 shock anywhere. Can't find any retailer that actually lists any 19 rmz250 oem parts.

Do you have a link or place that these can be bought.

Thanks
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 10:06am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 10:08am
Spinazuki wrote:

colvin227 wrote:

The_Diablo wrote:
I can't find the 19-20 rmz 250 shock anywhere. Can't find any retailer that actually lists any 19 rmz250 oem parts. Do you have a link...
I can't find the 19-20 rmz 250 shock anywhere. Can't find any retailer that actually lists any 19 rmz250 oem parts.

Do you have a link or place that these can be bought.

Thanks
Hello. Here is one of many.
https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/l/suz/5d252a3987a866037c36201…

If you search Suzuki OEM parts you'll find others. At least you can get the part number. Unfortunately they dont sell shock parts beyond optional springs or the whole shock. I'd love to buy a 2nd shock valving cartridge. I have my shock working beautifully now. I think my rebound valving stack would work for anyone, compression would be where most people would play with the valving stack for personal taste.

The slower rebound & increased rebound check float are 100% necessary. This provides for a shock that's far more predictable and plush. I cant imagine why anyone would swap out their BFRC shock if it worked as well as mine. I dont know if other tuners are playing with the check valve float. I'd question their understanding of hydraulics if they dont.

I have 4 .288 mm check valve sleeves I'd sell for my cost for anyone who wants to give it a try. I wouldnt go back. I thought I'd need a Race Tech Gold valve, but this works so well I may not buy one. The check makes a massive difference on compression and eliminates high the inconsistent cavitation on rebound.
The_Diablo
Fantasy
1653rd
9/8/2019 10:12am
That link is for the 450 not the 250.

I don't have a problem with keeping the bfrc shock, if I it can be made to perform like the previous generation showa or kyb shocks. But, I havent heard too many real positive reviews on the revalved stuff. I am going to send it to Factory Connection eventually if I can't find an rmz250 shock.
colvin227
9/8/2019 10:15am
The_Diablo wrote:
That link is for the 450 not the 250. I don't have a problem with keeping the bfrc shock, if I it can be made to...

I don't have a problem with keeping the bfrc shock, if I it can be made to perform like the previous generation showa or kyb shocks. But, I havent heard too many real positive reviews on the revalved stuff. I am going to send it to Factory Connection eventually if I can't find an rmz250 shock.
My link is for the new 250 kyb unit
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 10:17am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 10:20am

The top check sleeve is the stock 1mm float, 1.88mm. The bottom one is the 2mm float 2.88mm check sleeve I had made. Its day and night.
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 10:18am
The_Diablo wrote:
That link is for the 450 not the 250. I don't have a problem with keeping the bfrc shock, if I it can be made to...

colvin227 wrote:
My link is for the new 250 kyb unit
You can find it there too. Just select the 250.
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 10:23am
The_Diablo wrote:

I was considering Factory Connection, RG3, or a Gold Valve due to the better shape and flow rates. A lot of the negative you hear about the shock is by riders, not tuners. The shock can easily be fixed. I live in WA so people cant ride my bike.
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 10:29am
If anyone who really understands how a shock works stares at this long enough, they can figure out what to do. The compression valve is on the left, the center allows oil to flow into the reservior, the right is the rebound valve. The float on the rebound valve (the washer far right) is the restriction causing harshness on compression and cavitation on rebound. Oil needs to freely flow to the rebound side of the shock. On higher speed hits it doesnt so you have harsh compression and pogo stick rebound. So easily fixed.

Cmon Showa...

Spinazuki
9/8/2019 10:44am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 10:46am
The_Diablo wrote:

If you ask Factory connection if they change the rebound check and they say no, you may be disappointed. They may but not tell you as that's their edge, their valving secrets. Same with RG3. Since RG3 makes valves, they're looking a flow and pressure. Factory Connection does have shock dynos which is a big plus.

Flow-wise the bottleneck is clear to me. I ran my own suspension business in California for 4 years, and worked on hydraulics for 13 years so I understand hydraulics and engineering. I produced and sold anti bottoming cones for forks that were 3x longer than the tiny KYB units. A particular tuner said the stock units were fine, yet a year later copied my design and put it in a full page ad. I laughed. I had sent a free set to the 3 big mags then, one of them clearly took a set and gave it to this very well known racing outfit. Stole my idea. Buttholes.
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 10:49am
colvin227 wrote:
Great work with this
Thanks. It works. I analyzed this shock for months and didnt make the change until I measured every single component. It's cheap and easy. 1 little part and shifting around the rebound shims and this shock is as good or better than anything out there. So much bad bullshit press.
moto431
Fantasy
1063rd
9/8/2019 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 1:22pm
Are you willing to perform these mods if people send you their shocks. I bought the bike used with pro circuit suspension and the rear shock is holding me back. Mainly comfort. I'm not confident in it. Never know what's it's going to do. Every jump I hit I'm wondering what it's going to do.
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 1:42pm
Sure. I'd be happy to. To make it easy and less expensive for you, just send me the cartridge. If you are comfortable removing the cartridge and have someone to charge your nitrogen, it's not hard. Bleeding the shock just takes putting the shock in a soft jaw vise at the right angle and work the air out. I'm happy with mine and I think you'd be too.
moto431
Fantasy
1063rd
9/8/2019 3:43pm
Spinazuki wrote:
Sure. I'd be happy to. To make it easy and less expensive for you, just send me the cartridge. If you are comfortable removing the cartridge...
Sure. I'd be happy to. To make it easy and less expensive for you, just send me the cartridge. If you are comfortable removing the cartridge and have someone to charge your nitrogen, it's not hard. Bleeding the shock just takes putting the shock in a soft jaw vise at the right angle and work the air out. I'm happy with mine and I think you'd be too.
Let's do it!!
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 6:23pm
Spinazuki wrote:
Sure. I'd be happy to. To make it easy and less expensive for you, just send me the cartridge. If you are comfortable removing the cartridge...
moto431 wrote:
Let's do it!!
You must ride at the Oatfield. Yes? I used to live in Livermore, San Ramon and Brentwood. I rode at Club Moto, Marysville, Laguna Seca, Hollister, Sand Hill, & an illegal track Toxic Wsste Dump. 😛

Send me an email and we can go from there. I'm Dave
Bfrcperf@outlook.com
Put BFRC in the subject line.
wojo108
9/8/2019 4:15pm
Spinazuki wrote:
Hello. Here is one of many. https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/l/suz/5d252a3987a866037c362015/2019-rm-z450l9-parts If you search Suzuki OEM parts you'll find others. At least you can get the part number. Unfortunately they...

If you search Suzuki OEM parts you'll find others. At least you can get the part number. Unfortunately they dont sell shock parts beyond optional springs or the whole shock. I'd love to buy a 2nd shock valving cartridge. I have my shock working beautifully now. I think my rebound valving stack would work for anyone, compression would be where most people would play with the valving stack for personal taste.

The slower rebound & increased rebound check float are 100% necessary. This provides for a shock that's far more predictable and plush. I cant imagine why anyone would swap out their BFRC shock if it worked as well as mine. I dont know if other tuners are playing with the check valve float. I'd question their understanding of hydraulics if they dont.

I have 4 .288 mm check valve sleeves I'd sell for my cost for anyone who wants to give it a try. I wouldnt go back. I thought I'd need a Race Tech Gold valve, but this works so well I may not buy one. The check makes a massive difference on compression and eliminates high the inconsistent cavitation on rebound.
Sent a message. Definitely interested in your spacers. I’ve had the gold valves Installed and it made quite a difference, but still bucks over rough chop. I’m always looking for ways to improve this shock. Was about to pull the trigger on building a kit shock but I’d like to try your parts first
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 6:21pm
Spinazuki wrote:
Hello. Here is one of many. https://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemparts/l/suz/5d252a3987a866037c362015/2019-rm-z450l9-parts If you search Suzuki OEM parts you'll find others. At least you can get the part number. Unfortunately they...

wojo108 wrote:
Sent a message. Definitely interested in your spacers. I’ve had the gold valves Installed and it made quite a difference, but still bucks over rough chop...
Sent a message. Definitely interested in your spacers. I’ve had the gold valves Installed and it made quite a difference, but still bucks over rough chop. I’m always looking for ways to improve this shock. Was about to pull the trigger on building a kit shock but I’d like to try your parts first
Hi. Send me an email and we can go from there. I'm Dave
Bfrcperf@outlook.com
Put BFRC in the subject line.
Spinazuki
9/8/2019 6:09pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2019 6:10pm
moto431 wrote:
Are you willing to perform these mods if people send you their shocks. I bought the bike used with pro circuit suspension and the rear shock...
Are you willing to perform these mods if people send you their shocks. I bought the bike used with pro circuit suspension and the rear shock is holding me back. Mainly comfort. I'm not confident in it. Never know what's it's going to do. Every jump I hit I'm wondering what it's going to do.
Hi. Send me an email and we can go from there. I'm Dave
Bfrcperf@outlook.com
Put BFRC in the subject line so it's easy to find.
Thanks.
suzuki98
10/9/2019 11:00am
Spinazuki wrote:
Very few mods • Shortened the muffler by 2" • 136.5mm Ride Engineering Link BFRC Shock • Moved 3 of 10 (34 mm x .15 mm)...
Very few mods

BFRC Shock
what did you cut the muffler with wanting to do this to mine
wojo108
10/9/2019 11:08am
suzuki98 wrote:
what did you cut the muffler with wanting to do this to mine
I used a chop saw on mine to cut it down, then used a long air hammer bit to punch out the restrictive center section on the stock muffler. Did the same to my yosh as well

Post a reply to: 2018 Suzuki RMZ450

The Latest