2018 Suzuki RMZ450

MXVet261
Fantasy
4061st
8/14/2019 5:58pm
I played with fork height a lot after this post was made and had my best results with the forks flush. I also added an X-trig preload ring (not cheap) so that I can adjust sag easier and whenever I feel like it by the turn of a screw.

Lowering the forks to flush in the clamps was the last piece of the puzzle for me and my forks feel awesome now.
Forks Flush
Revalved
Ride Engineering link
106mm Sag

This was definitely the most challenging bike for me to setup to get comfortable on.
Rotaholic
8/14/2019 6:00pm
Im a believer in ditching the bfrc for a more traditional shock setup. There is a few options now which is awesome.
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 7:37pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
i was just kidding man, it's all chinese to me. i just made that shit up. i set my sag and maybe play with the clickers...
i was just kidding man, it's all chinese to me. i just made that shit up.

i set my sag and maybe play with the clickers a little, that's about it Cheerful
You had me convinced, good one! Lol. Thought we had a famous suspension tuner testing me 🤠
colvin227
8/14/2019 7:39pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
i was just kidding man, it's all chinese to me. i just made that shit up. i set my sag and maybe play with the clickers...

i set my sag and maybe play with the clickers a little, that's about it Cheerful
Spinazuki wrote:
You had me convinced, good one! Lol. Thought we had a famous suspension tuner testing me 🤠
Please keep this BFRC info coming. I’m very curious if you can get it sorted out because I’m not 100% sold that it’s just junk and needs to be swapped before you leave the dealership kinda thing.

The Shop

Spinazuki
8/14/2019 7:43pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Im a believer in ditching the bfrc for a more traditional shock setup. There is a few options now which is awesome.
I've followed your posts, your bike is beautiful. Heres the thing, the Japanese try lots of new stuff. It was conventional forks, then upside down,then Suzuki toyed with conventional for a couple years, upside down won. Yamaha introduced the mono-shock, Kawasaki the Unitrak, water cooling, dusk brakes, perimeter frames, then air forks. And for the most part we are back to coil spring forks. The BFRC may be going the way of the dinosaur, or maybe theyll fix it. This shock can be made to work well for under $500. I like a challenge. No doubt conventional shocks work better. Look at shocks in the simplest way, they are filled with oil and move up and down. The science inside is what makes a shock suck or be great. Controlling that fluid inside is what's in play. Some people like to geek out and solve problems, some just want to ride. Jockey or mechanic, and everyone in between.
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 7:49pm
buzz06 wrote:
So I’ve had one of these since October, initially I absolutely hated it. Once the chassis broke in (about 6hours) it started to get better. I’ve...
So I’ve had one of these since October, initially I absolutely hated it. Once the chassis broke in (about 6hours) it started to get better. I’ve added the pro circuit link, suspension redone by KB5 and drilled the upper engine mounts and made new front engine mounts. The power delivery is fantastic and the clutch is solid after pulling the judder springs but I just can’t get this bike to handle. I bought a suzuki due to all the claims of superb handling and I’m just not feeling it.

My previous bike was a 2009 kx450, that thing was awesome. Turned in super easy, held a line like a champ and overall had a very comfortable and confidence inspiring feel. The RMZ is a complete 180, I feel I have to ride it in anger to get it to work for me, I have to really try to keep it in a rut and it takes some effort to get it to start turning. I’ve tried sag numbers from 100-108, different fork springs and many different clicker settings. Starting to think maybe this bike just doesn’t suit the way I ride.

So my question is has anyone else had similar experience with this bike? Was there a fix or was the bike just not for you?
I know how you feel. I think certain bikes just fit us. I broke bones 3 times riding Suzuki's. Ribs twice, my foot the other. But I lived how they handled. Also to me the Suzuke felt shorter than the new Yamaha's.
I also did put on a Ride Engineering 1.25mm link. You may need to have a friend watch you ride, or a good suspension tuner. If you ride another brand and feel better, make the move. IRS like a woman, no woman is perfect for every guy. Gotta ride a few to see 😎
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 7:56pm
SLAPAHO wrote:

Spinazuki wrote:
colvin227 wrote:
Please keep this BFRC info coming. I’m very curious if you can get it sorted out because I’m not 100% sold that it’s just junk and...
Please keep this BFRC info coming. I’m very curious if you can get it sorted out because I’m not 100% sold that it’s just junk and needs to be swapped before you leave the dealership kinda thing.
You can count on that! From my suspension tuning experience I know the dimensional specs of what has worked for years. Then I broke the BFRC shock valving circuit apart and measured everything looking for the smoking gun. I will share everything I learn. Once I get rid of the poison pills inside the shock I'll test the valving. The cavitation will take good valving and ruin it.
colvin227
8/14/2019 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2019 7:59pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
I've followed your posts, your bike is beautiful. Heres the thing, the Japanese try lots of new stuff. It was conventional forks, then upside down,then Suzuki...
I've followed your posts, your bike is beautiful. Heres the thing, the Japanese try lots of new stuff. It was conventional forks, then upside down,then Suzuki toyed with conventional for a couple years, upside down won. Yamaha introduced the mono-shock, Kawasaki the Unitrak, water cooling, dusk brakes, perimeter frames, then air forks. And for the most part we are back to coil spring forks. The BFRC may be going the way of the dinosaur, or maybe theyll fix it. This shock can be made to work well for under $500. I like a challenge. No doubt conventional shocks work better. Look at shocks in the simplest way, they are filled with oil and move up and down. The science inside is what makes a shock suck or be great. Controlling that fluid inside is what's in play. Some people like to geek out and solve problems, some just want to ride. Jockey or mechanic, and everyone in between.
Curious as to how different the kit BFRC shocks are because a lot of the Top euros use it and their tracks a brutal MX tracks. In fact Gasjer is about to win his 2nd world title on a BFRC shock. Just wonder how different those are that the top guys chose it over a conventional shock. Is it they have figured it out for their use, and we havnt? Granted, I know a works shock is very different than production. But that’s what I’m curious about how do those seem to “work” and production doesn’t.
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 8:13pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
I've followed your posts, your bike is beautiful. Heres the thing, the Japanese try lots of new stuff. It was conventional forks, then upside down,then Suzuki...
colvin227 wrote:
Curious as to how different the kit BFRC shocks are because a lot of the Top euros use it and their tracks a brutal MX tracks...
Curious as to how different the kit BFRC shocks are because a lot of the Top euros use it and their tracks a brutal MX tracks. In fact Gasjer is about to win his 2nd world title on a BFRC shock. Just wonder how different those are that the top guys chose it over a conventional shock. Is it they have figured it out for their use, and we havnt? Granted, I know a works shock is very different than production. But that’s what I’m curious about how do those seem to “work” and production doesn’t.
I don't think the BFRC is that far off from working, a couple millimeters here and there, a few shims shifted, and its probably awesome. Having factory mechanics and engineers, shock dynos, etc helps quite a bit. I really dont think this shock is so bad. The moto media hasn't been kind to this bike especially the BFRC shock. Theyve always been like this. They have their biases so cutting through that to get the facts can be tough. For instance, the 2019 RMZ 450 was supposed to come with a 5.2 kg spring, lighter than the 5.4 on the 2018. Yet when you order the spring, Suzuki parts says the 2019 came with a 5.6. Heavier! And the paint dot for the 5.2 in the manual is supposed to be blue for the 5.2. I picked up my 5.2, red paint. Can anyone get it straight? Every single magazine and YouTube video on the 2019 says they went lighter. Anyone care to tell us what the 2019 450 came with?
colvin227
8/14/2019 8:20pm
Spinazuki wrote:
colvin227 wrote:
Curious as to how different the kit BFRC shocks are because a lot of the Top euros use it and their tracks a brutal MX tracks...
Spinazuki wrote:
I don't think the BFRC is that far off from working, a couple millimeters here and there, a few shims shifted, and its probably awesome. Having...
I don't think the BFRC is that far off from working, a couple millimeters here and there, a few shims shifted, and its probably awesome. Having factory mechanics and engineers, shock dynos, etc helps quite a bit. I really dont think this shock is so bad. The moto media hasn't been kind to this bike especially the BFRC shock. Theyve always been like this. They have their biases so cutting through that to get the facts can be tough. For instance, the 2019 RMZ 450 was supposed to come with a 5.2 kg spring, lighter than the 5.4 on the 2018. Yet when you order the spring, Suzuki parts says the 2019 came with a 5.6. Heavier! And the paint dot for the 5.2 in the manual is supposed to be blue for the 5.2. I picked up my 5.2, red paint. Can anyone get it straight? Every single magazine and YouTube video on the 2019 says they went lighter. Anyone care to tell us what the 2019 450 came with?
Oh wow that is strange. I have a 2017 so I have what feels like an amazing shock. Having never rode an 18-up I don’t know the BFRC so I am admittedly ignorant to how good or bad it is. But it was something I was extremely curious about when it came out and seemed like a great design. What’s held me back from pulling the trigger on the new bike is the controversial shock I’ll be honest. However, I also think it got a lot of flak also cause it was on a Suzuki and the trendy thing to do is crap on suzuki. Shoot if Honda put it on it would prab get praised, but I digress. It just can’t be unusable and that bad! But again I have never rode one so my opinion is mute.
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 8:31pm
colvin227 wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
I don't think the BFRC is that far off from working, a couple millimeters here and there, a few shims shifted, and its probably awesome. Having...
colvin227 wrote:
Oh wow that is strange. I have a 2017 so I have what feels like an amazing shock. Having never rode an 18-up I don’t know...
Oh wow that is strange. I have a 2017 so I have what feels like an amazing shock. Having never rode an 18-up I don’t know the BFRC so I am admittedly ignorant to how good or bad it is. But it was something I was extremely curious about when it came out and seemed like a great design. What’s held me back from pulling the trigger on the new bike is the controversial shock I’ll be honest. However, I also think it got a lot of flak also cause it was on a Suzuki and the trendy thing to do is crap on suzuki. Shoot if Honda put it on it would prab get praised, but I digress. It just can’t be unusable and that bad! But again I have never rode one so my opinion is mute.
I've tuned for a few pros, a handful of fast experts and intermediates. Some pros give great feedback, some terrible. Is it kicking or is there too much compression? A good test rider can tell of the rebound is too slow, too fast, if it's over sprung, too much compression etc. I have hears and read enough about feeling harsh, wallowy, like there was no rebound. So the common theme is stiff but under damped. The lack or rebound was a lack of oil to control the rebound. Watch this: Watch "OHLINS Controlled shock cavitation!" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/GBcRBOikb8c
colvin227
8/14/2019 8:38pm
Spinazuki wrote:
colvin227 wrote:
Oh wow that is strange. I have a 2017 so I have what feels like an amazing shock. Having never rode an 18-up I don’t know...
Spinazuki wrote:
I've tuned for a few pros, a handful of fast experts and intermediates. Some pros give great feedback, some terrible. Is it kicking or is there...
I've tuned for a few pros, a handful of fast experts and intermediates. Some pros give great feedback, some terrible. Is it kicking or is there too much compression? A good test rider can tell of the rebound is too slow, too fast, if it's over sprung, too much compression etc. I have hears and read enough about feeling harsh, wallowy, like there was no rebound. So the common theme is stiff but under damped. The lack or rebound was a lack of oil to control the rebound. Watch this: Watch "OHLINS Controlled shock cavitation!" on YouTube
So in theory seems like an easy fix and a very intuitive way to approach your conclusion. If it were that easy to restore the rebound to bring the damping to a more favorable action. Why is this shock still a point of contention? You would think any tuner would have figured that out already and we wouldn’t hear so much about it. Please don’t take offense, as I am extremely interested in your testing and work and a curious bystander as I think the design concept shows promise. And maybe the big guys have figured this out and that’s why the “revalved” sets come back feeling good with little to no complaints. But then people still look to throw it in the trash ASAP.
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 9:03pm
colvin227 wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
I've tuned for a few pros, a handful of fast experts and intermediates. Some pros give great feedback, some terrible. Is it kicking or is there...
colvin227 wrote:
So in theory seems like an easy fix and a very intuitive way to approach your conclusion. If it were that easy to restore the rebound...
So in theory seems like an easy fix and a very intuitive way to approach your conclusion. If it were that easy to restore the rebound to bring the damping to a more favorable action. Why is this shock still a point of contention? You would think any tuner would have figured that out already and we wouldn’t hear so much about it. Please don’t take offense, as I am extremely interested in your testing and work and a curious bystander as I think the design concept shows promise. And maybe the big guys have figured this out and that’s why the “revalved” sets come back feeling good with little to no complaints. But then people still look to throw it in the trash ASAP.
Tuners all think they're right. I'd be curious to take shocks revalved by Pro Circuit, Factory Connection, RG3, using the stock components to see what they come up with. Factory connection uses dynos, not sure about the others. I dont believe shim stack changes alone will do the job. There are so many tuners across the country it's hard to get a clear answer "We did this!" While I've always used the OEM shock and fork piston and base valves in the past, I dont think thatll be enough with the BFRC. There are too many spots which create excessive restriction. I'm starting with the Rebound check sleeve but no doubt there is more. Flipping the compression valve over will create better rebound flow. As long as the compression shims can cover the ports.
colvin227
8/14/2019 9:19pm
Spinazuki wrote:
colvin227 wrote:
So in theory seems like an easy fix and a very intuitive way to approach your conclusion. If it were that easy to restore the rebound...
Spinazuki wrote:
Tuners all think they're right. I'd be curious to take shocks revalved by Pro Circuit, Factory Connection, RG3, using the stock components to see what they...
Tuners all think they're right. I'd be curious to take shocks revalved by Pro Circuit, Factory Connection, RG3, using the stock components to see what they come up with. Factory connection uses dynos, not sure about the others. I dont believe shim stack changes alone will do the job. There are so many tuners across the country it's hard to get a clear answer "We did this!" While I've always used the OEM shock and fork piston and base valves in the past, I dont think thatll be enough with the BFRC. There are too many spots which create excessive restriction. I'm starting with the Rebound check sleeve but no doubt there is more. Flipping the compression valve over will create better rebound flow. As long as the compression shims can cover the ports.
So you intend to do this with the stock valve first? And then test with the Gold Valves?
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 9:31pm
colvin227 wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
Tuners all think they're right. I'd be curious to take shocks revalved by Pro Circuit, Factory Connection, RG3, using the stock components to see what they...
colvin227 wrote:
So you intend to do this with the stock valve first? And then test with the Gold Valves?
Yes. I want to see how far I can go with the stock valve body. I will share everything I learn for all to try. In the technology world this would be considered open source. People sharing and developing for free to make improvements. Suzuki should be spearheading this. Any hard parts found to be the problem should be shared. I'm sure the well known suspension shops have lots of testing and solutions. But with many ditching the shocks and other brands I think nobody is motivated to share their solutions. Why do it for free? I'm doing this for fun and because I like the brand. Suzuki cant afford to let this shock drag down sales so it needs to be fixed asap.
Rotaholic
8/14/2019 9:59pm
As good as you can get the bfrc it still has no high speed, for me that's the first thing I adjust, and sometimes the only adjustment I will make on a shock all day. The older ohlins had the csc and the ttx had 3 HSC settings. The flow has no hsc adjustment and alot of people don't like that shock.
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2019 8:45am
Rotaholic wrote:
As good as you can get the bfrc it still has no high speed, for me that's the first thing I adjust, and sometimes the only...
As good as you can get the bfrc it still has no high speed, for me that's the first thing I adjust, and sometimes the only adjustment I will make on a shock all day. The older ohlins had the csc and the ttx had 3 HSC settings. The flow has no hsc adjustment and alot of people don't like that shock.
I like having high and low speed compression adjustment too. Thing is the BFRC adjuster is very responsive to adjustments. If the shock survives and ever gains any popularity I can see people building high speed adjusters. I well known tuner and shock designer believes the BFRC is a play with future electronic adjustment.
Spinazuki
8/14/2019 10:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2019 8:58am
Rotaholic wrote:
As good as you can get the bfrc it still has no high speed, for me that's the first thing I adjust, and sometimes the only...
One thing to consider. A conventional shocks adjuster is only adjusting the area of the rod, a 16mm shock rod is 201.06 mm in area. A 50mm shock piston has the area of 1,963.5 mm or area. So on a conventional shock 1,762mm of oil is pushed through the piston, the 201.06mm area is pushed through the adjuster into the bladder/resevior. So the adjuster is only able to do so much. The BFRC pushes 100% of the oil through the compression valve, So 1,385mm area is pushed through the valve. So the skys the limit on how much control you can have, with the right valve design much more high speed and low speed control possible. The beauty of the BFRC is that anything a smart engineer can come up with that would fit in the bore in the shock body is possible.
colvin227
8/14/2019 11:17pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
One thing to consider. A conventional shocks adjuster is only adjusting the area of the rod, a 16mm shock rod is 201.06 mm in area. A...
One thing to consider. A conventional shocks adjuster is only adjusting the area of the rod, a 16mm shock rod is 201.06 mm in area. A 50mm shock piston has the area of 1,963.5 mm or area. So on a conventional shock 1,762mm of oil is pushed through the piston, the 201.06mm area is pushed through the adjuster into the bladder/resevior. So the adjuster is only able to do so much. The BFRC pushes 100% of the oil through the compression valve, So 1,385mm area is pushed through the valve. So the skys the limit on how much control you can have, with the right valve design much more high speed and low speed control possible. The beauty of the BFRC is that anything a smart engineer can come up with that would fit in the bore in the shock body is possible.
I like your approach, and subscribing because I’m very curious how this turns out.
Spinazuki
8/15/2019 8:57am
Rotaholic wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
One thing to consider. A conventional shocks adjuster is only adjusting the area of the rod, a 16mm shock rod is 201.06 mm in area. A...
colvin227 wrote:
I like your approach, and subscribing because I’m very curious how this turns out.
Measured this last night. The reservior/bladder diameter on the BFRC shock is 54mm, at least at the circlip.
54mm has an area of 2,290 mm. The 16mm rod is only 201mm. This means that the percentage of the rod is just 8.7% of the bladder. So for every inch of stroke (1,000/1,000ths of an inch), the bladder is only compressed .087", or 2.2 mm. Think about that! So if there is enough restriction during high speed, the oil could take the path of least resistance to the bladder rather than continue to the rebound side of the shock.. = cavitation, what many have complained about. This shock was supposed to be cavitation free. OOPS!
So once anyone can eliminate undue restriction to the rebound side, the shock will work much more consistently, and the dampening changes on the valve stacks will matter. The big difference with the BFRC is there is restriction AFTER the compression valve that there ISN'T on a conventional shock the adjuster. Once oil can freely pass the rebound valve assembly, I'm sure the shock will behave MUCH BETTER.
colvin227
8/15/2019 2:36pm
Spinazuki wrote:
colvin227 wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
Measured this last night. The reservior/bladder diameter on the BFRC shock is 54mm, at least at the circlip. 54mm has an area of 2,290 mm. The...
Measured this last night. The reservior/bladder diameter on the BFRC shock is 54mm, at least at the circlip.
54mm has an area of 2,290 mm. The 16mm rod is only 201mm. This means that the percentage of the rod is just 8.7% of the bladder. So for every inch of stroke (1,000/1,000ths of an inch), the bladder is only compressed .087", or 2.2 mm. Think about that! So if there is enough restriction during high speed, the oil could take the path of least resistance to the bladder rather than continue to the rebound side of the shock.. = cavitation, what many have complained about. This shock was supposed to be cavitation free. OOPS!
So once anyone can eliminate undue restriction to the rebound side, the shock will work much more consistently, and the dampening changes on the valve stacks will matter. The big difference with the BFRC is there is restriction AFTER the compression valve that there ISN'T on a conventional shock the adjuster. Once oil can freely pass the rebound valve assembly, I'm sure the shock will behave MUCH BETTER.
What do you think about the mod that Krooztune is doing for the BFRC. Basically swapping the stock shaft and plunger out for a standard shaft with your “traditional” valve and tunable stacks on the shaft. To my understanding it uses that as well as the stock valving up top, and that is their solution for BFRC. I believe that’s very similar to how the Ohlins flow shock is designed but I could be wrong. Viable option? And with your experience does it sound functional theoretically in your opinion?
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/15/2019 2:41pm
SLAPAHO wrote:

Fawk man... you are killing me ! Tongue
Spinazuki
8/15/2019 2:50pm
SLAPAHO wrote:

langhammx wrote:
Fawk man... you are killing me ! Tongue
That's what I do Wink
Spinazuki
8/15/2019 3:11pm
colvin227 wrote:
Spinazuki wrote:
Measured this last night. The reservior/bladder diameter on the BFRC shock is 54mm, at least at the circlip. 54mm has an area of 2,290 mm. The...
colvin227 wrote:
What do you think about the mod that Krooztune is doing for the BFRC. Basically swapping the stock shaft and plunger out for a standard shaft...
What do you think about the mod that Krooztune is doing for the BFRC. Basically swapping the stock shaft and plunger out for a standard shaft with your “traditional” valve and tunable stacks on the shaft. To my understanding it uses that as well as the stock valving up top, and that is their solution for BFRC. I believe that’s very similar to how the Ohlins flow shock is designed but I could be wrong. Viable option? And with your experience does it sound functional theoretically in your opinion?
I have looked into it and it's an interesting option, but it sort of defeats the purpose of the BFRC altogether. I'm sure it works better than the stock shock. There are many ways to skin a cat. Since Factory Connection and RG3 have had some success revalving these shocks, I'd like to see what they do. Ideally with the BFRC the compression forces oil to the rebound side, on rebound the oil is forced back to the compression side. Key word forced, pushed. But if there is restriction sufficient to create suction, there goes the pushing. Suzuki designed this thing for a specific reason, I'd like to see it work as planned before Frankensteining anything. Krooztune does this every day and I'm sure they know what they are doing. Frankly I'd probably just buy a replacement shock that would fit at that point. Dealing with the plumbing in the BFRC and then the conventional shock guts would to me make it more difficult to tune. IMHO.

A BRAND NEW Compression/Rebound assembly would be the way I'd approach it. The BFRC is a twin tube shock and that's worked in cars and trucks for many years. It just needs to be perfected. To me, its just a matter of getting the rebound circuit completely out of the way on the compression stroke, that'll fix the shock. As I stated earlier, if the flow through the rebound valve during compression causes greater resistance than the reservior/bladder, the rebound circuit could be starved, and I'd say mostly all on high speed hits. As the reservior/bladder circuit sits BETWEEN the compression and rebound valves this is entirely possible and likely happening. I wonder why Suzuki/Showa didn't just have a single valve with rebound and compression shim stacks, then put the reservior/bladder AFTER the single valve. Would have been simpler and provided a shorter path to the rebound side. The area between the compression and rebound valves is the reservior/bladder area. Maybe this is the whole flaw?

I'm theorizing here but to me it makes sense.
colvin227
8/15/2019 3:29pm
Spinazuki wrote:
colvin227 wrote:
What do you think about the mod that Krooztune is doing for the BFRC. Basically swapping the stock shaft and plunger out for a standard shaft...
Spinazuki wrote:
I have looked into it and it's an interesting option, but it sort of defeats the purpose of the BFRC altogether. I'm sure it works better...
I have looked into it and it's an interesting option, but it sort of defeats the purpose of the BFRC altogether. I'm sure it works better than the stock shock. There are many ways to skin a cat. Since Factory Connection and RG3 have had some success revalving these shocks, I'd like to see what they do. Ideally with the BFRC the compression forces oil to the rebound side, on rebound the oil is forced back to the compression side. Key word forced, pushed. But if there is restriction sufficient to create suction, there goes the pushing. Suzuki designed this thing for a specific reason, I'd like to see it work as planned before Frankensteining anything. Krooztune does this every day and I'm sure they know what they are doing. Frankly I'd probably just buy a replacement shock that would fit at that point. Dealing with the plumbing in the BFRC and then the conventional shock guts would to me make it more difficult to tune. IMHO.

A BRAND NEW Compression/Rebound assembly would be the way I'd approach it. The BFRC is a twin tube shock and that's worked in cars and trucks for many years. It just needs to be perfected. To me, its just a matter of getting the rebound circuit completely out of the way on the compression stroke, that'll fix the shock. As I stated earlier, if the flow through the rebound valve during compression causes greater resistance than the reservior/bladder, the rebound circuit could be starved, and I'd say mostly all on high speed hits. As the reservior/bladder circuit sits BETWEEN the compression and rebound valves this is entirely possible and likely happening. I wonder why Suzuki/Showa didn't just have a single valve with rebound and compression shim stacks, then put the reservior/bladder AFTER the single valve. Would have been simpler and provided a shorter path to the rebound side. The area between the compression and rebound valves is the reservior/bladder area. Maybe this is the whole flaw?

I'm theorizing here but to me it makes sense.
I think your on to something.....and the fact the goldvalves appear to have larger ports may explain that they came to the same conclusion.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/15/2019 6:19pm
motofool wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/27/289937/s1200_20180728_184623.jpg[/img] Havent gotten to much time on mine this year as I have been working way more than I care to admit. I have around 20hrs...

Havent gotten to much time on mine this year as I have been working way more than I care to admit. I have around 20hrs on it now and by far the best things I've done to it are factory connection suspension and fmf exhaust. FC revalve made such a huge improvement I can say for a fact that with a revalve this thing is way better then my 15 (air forks are junk). Forks are amazing and I have no issues with the shock. Pipe wakes up the bottom end a decent amount, drops a few pounds and looks killer. You cant go wrong with the rmz there bulletproof, oh and they look so damn good!
This sir is one of the better looking bikes I have seen! Looks heaps better than the current JGR or even RCH bikes from a few...
This sir is one of the better looking bikes I have seen! Looks heaps better than the current JGR or even RCH bikes from a few years back...
motofool wrote:
Thanks, I tried to go for a real simple clean look Im not a fan of busy graphics. Still want to add some blue radiator hoses...
Thanks, I tried to go for a real simple clean look Im not a fan of busy graphics. Still want to add some blue radiator hoses. Thinking about trying FCP Racing Motor mounts as well Interested if anyone else has tried them yet? Sounds like everyone who tries them likes them.
If you’re interested, I have mounts available for the RM-Z450 and a Vital discount www.WorksChassisLab.com

Enticknap and the HEP Suzuki team run them, along with the German Suzuki team.

Code is: vitalmx10
TeamGreen
8/15/2019 6:24pm
This sir is one of the better looking bikes I have seen! Looks heaps better than the current JGR or even RCH bikes from a few...
This sir is one of the better looking bikes I have seen! Looks heaps better than the current JGR or even RCH bikes from a few years back...
motofool wrote:
Thanks, I tried to go for a real simple clean look Im not a fan of busy graphics. Still want to add some blue radiator hoses...
Thanks, I tried to go for a real simple clean look Im not a fan of busy graphics. Still want to add some blue radiator hoses. Thinking about trying FCP Racing Motor mounts as well Interested if anyone else has tried them yet? Sounds like everyone who tries them likes them.
ML512 wrote:
If you’re interested, I have mounts available for the RM-Z450 and a Vital discount www.WorksChassisLab.com Enticknap and the HEP Suzuki team run them, along with the...
If you’re interested, I have mounts available for the RM-Z450 and a Vital discount www.WorksChassisLab.com

Softening up the feel of this chassis makes you feel less "beat up" after a long session.

Been there, done that.
colvin227
8/15/2019 6:42pm
motofool wrote:
ML512 wrote:
If you’re interested, I have mounts available for the RM-Z450 and a Vital discount www.WorksChassisLab.com Enticknap and the HEP Suzuki team run them, along with the...

And hopefully some for previous gen soon too huh....😉😉
Preston412
8/16/2019 6:41am
I have the BFRC completely done by RaceTech, it is night and day difference but there is no comparison to the KYB I put on it.
Spin is on to something because I believe the BFRC lacks flow through the stroke and felt sticky at times.

My next add on is the engine mounts to soften up the feel up front because the KYB smoothed out the back and I want to do the same to the front to balance it.

With either shock, the bike cornered well and did well in the braking and acceleration bumps, I just don't like the way it feels/works in the rough straightaways and roller sections.
deadlo
8/16/2019 9:49am
I have a question for you Suzuki guys, and I don’t mean this in a disrespectful way at all.

How much money are you into the bike after modifying it to make it comfortable to your liking?

I was in this dilemma the past month, and ultimately ended up buying a husky. My last 450 was a Suzuki, and I used to be a big Suzuki fan. It’s just hard now though. They drop the ball every year. I’d be disappointed in the company as a die hard fan. It’s not like the information isn’t out there in what everyone thinks about the bike, and all they do is put out another BNG. I want Suzuki to be up top again. I’m not being a hater here.

The price is definitely attractive, but after new suspension, links, etc, I am curious what you end up paying for the rmz.

Post a reply to: 2018 Suzuki RMZ450

The Latest