2018 SXF 450 or FC 450 or CRF 450

1/31/2018 9:54pm
Appreciate all of the input, I think I am going to go with the CRF 450. I am a vet B rider and usually ride with some stiff suspension. I hode rode Honda's all my life and loved each one, so it's a no brainer at this point.
JWACK
2/1/2018 2:49am
JWACK wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/31/241210/s1200_image.jpg[/img] I have an 18 Honda. Awesome bike. Fast. Corners great. Feels light. Eats ktms and white ktms for breakfast lol. I sold my 16 ktm...

I have an 18 Honda. Awesome bike. Fast. Corners great. Feels light. Eats ktms and white ktms for breakfast lol. I sold my 16 ktm and bought this one. Don't regret it one bit.

Eddieg15 wrote:
Eats them for lunch. Bs. I have a ktm Know better!!!!!
I said eats them for breakfast! Not lunch. And I posted with the proof. An 18 and 17 husky being eaten for breakfast. Lunch is a totally different meal. Tongue
mx317
2/1/2018 3:30am
JWACK wrote:
I said eats them for breakfast! Not lunch. And I posted with the proof. An 18 and 17 husky being eaten for breakfast. Lunch is a...
I said eats them for breakfast! Not lunch. And I posted with the proof. An 18 and 17 husky being eaten for breakfast. Lunch is a totally different meal. Tongue
Breakfast is only practice, lunch is the race. The race is what matters WinkLaughing
Eddieg15
2/1/2018 4:17am
JWACK wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/31/241210/s1200_image.jpg[/img] I have an 18 Honda. Awesome bike. Fast. Corners great. Feels light. Eats ktms and white ktms for breakfast lol. I sold my 16 ktm...

I have an 18 Honda. Awesome bike. Fast. Corners great. Feels light. Eats ktms and white ktms for breakfast lol. I sold my 16 ktm and bought this one. Don't regret it one bit.

Eddieg15 wrote:
JWACK wrote:
I said eats them for breakfast! Not lunch. And I posted with the proof. An 18 and 17 husky being eaten for breakfast. Lunch is a...
All that shows is you got a good jump off the gate. My next bike will be number 50 I've owned,it was my first ktm. Next one will be orange or white. It's a total package and it get great discount on any brand I decide on so that is not an issue

The Shop

JWACK
2/1/2018 4:32am
JWACK wrote:
mx317 wrote:
Breakfast is only practice, lunch is the race. The race is what matters WinkLaughing
Lol! I stand corrected. It eats them for breakfast, lunch and dinner then. Laughing
JWACK
2/1/2018 4:47am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2018 4:48am
Eddieg15 wrote:
All that shows is you got a good jump off the gate. My next bike will be number 50 I've owned,it was my first ktm. Next...
All that shows is you got a good jump off the gate. My next bike will be number 50 I've owned,it was my first ktm. Next one will be orange or white. It's a total package and it get great discount on any brand I decide on so that is not an issue
Well your very moody sir King 50 bikes. You take your meds this morning ?? Perhaps take the ktm stick out of your greasy ass and don't be so butt hurt my Honda peed on your winter lawn. pretty sure you just blew an air fork dude. Laughing
hellion
2/1/2018 5:11am
I find this brand loyalty/hate stuff so odd. Unless you're being paid by one of the manufacturers, then they are just there to build a product and take your money. Build a better product, and more people will give you their hard earned cash. Seems like the orange guys are doing the best job right now, but wasn't always this way, nor will it always be. Buy what you like, ride it, mod it, have fun, get bored, buy another brand, start cycle over again........
OUMX117
2/1/2018 5:17am
hellion wrote:
I find this brand loyalty/hate stuff so odd. Unless you're being paid by one of the manufacturers, then they are just there to build a product...
I find this brand loyalty/hate stuff so odd. Unless you're being paid by one of the manufacturers, then they are just there to build a product and take your money. Build a better product, and more people will give you their hard earned cash. Seems like the orange guys are doing the best job right now, but wasn't always this way, nor will it always be. Buy what you like, ride it, mod it, have fun, get bored, buy another brand, start cycle over again........
Agreed. Buy what you like. Let others buy what they like. The hondas are great bikes. The ktm/husky is a great bike also. You can't go wrong with any of them. For that matter you can't really go wrong with any new 450/250/350/etc. Just ride it and enjoy it.
walleyeguy
2/1/2018 5:18am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2018 5:19am
JWACK wrote:

Eddieg15 wrote:
JWACK wrote:
How did you finish in that race BTW? I can tell by the excellent physique and perfect holeshot form of the Husky rider you were up against pros. LOL. So I guess that proves it. HONDA IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eddieg15
2/1/2018 5:18am
Eddieg15 wrote:
All that shows is you got a good jump off the gate. My next bike will be number 50 I've owned,it was my first ktm. Next...
JWACK wrote:
Well your very moody sir King 50 bikes. You take your meds this morning ?? Perhaps take the ktm stick out of your greasy ass and...
Well your very moody sir King 50 bikes. You take your meds this morning ?? Perhaps take the ktm stick out of your greasy ass and don't be so butt hurt my Honda peed on your winter lawn. pretty sure you just blew an air fork dude. Laughing
Sorry you had to get 3rd best. Where you at. I'll let you prove it. Not butt hurt. And I have spring forks. This king 50 buys the one I think isbest each year
Eddieg15
2/1/2018 5:19am
Eddieg15 wrote:
JWACK wrote:
walleyeguy wrote:
How did you finish in that race BTW? I can tell by the excellent physique and perfect holeshot form of the Husky rider you were up...
How did you finish in that race BTW? I can tell by the excellent physique and perfect holeshot form of the Husky rider you were up against pros. LOL. So I guess that proves it. HONDA IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your beat me to it
mx317
2/1/2018 5:19am
When I come here I like to think it is like bench racing with buddies. We take a few good natured digs at each other, but all in good fun. I admit I used to get a little butthurt over the way some posters would respond to my posts, but I have just let that go knowing most (not all) are good guys and would be different face to face. Roost on brothers on your red, orange, blue, white, green, or yellow bike.
H4L
2/1/2018 6:19am
Appreciate all of the input, I think I am going to go with the CRF 450. I am a vet B rider and usually ride with...
Appreciate all of the input, I think I am going to go with the CRF 450. I am a vet B rider and usually ride with some stiff suspension. I hode rode Honda's all my life and loved each one, so it's a no brainer at this point.
The new 18 450 Honda is an excellent package from the showroom floor. Even though it is a few lbs. heavier than the white or orange KTM it doesn't feel like it is while in motion. Thank you for your service...
GPrider
2/1/2018 6:34am
i think the 19 Honda will lose a few pounds. They will trim the kick start section out of the engine case. Hopefully trim a couple more. If they could even get 4 or five lbs would be awsesome
swtwtwtw
2/1/2018 7:32am
Appreciate all of the input, I think I am going to go with the CRF 450. I am a vet B rider and usually ride with...

good choice. I spent some time setting one up with a local young pro and when I rode it felt "like a Honda". It has better power and practically no engine braking, turns like a honda, and is fairly neutral in weight bias..
kiwifan
2/1/2018 12:33pm
GPrider wrote:
i think the 19 Honda will lose a few pounds. They will trim the kick start section out of the engine case. Hopefully trim a couple...
i think the 19 Honda will lose a few pounds. They will trim the kick start section out of the engine case. Hopefully trim a couple more. If they could even get 4 or five lbs would be awsesome
yes, be interesting to see if they do lose some.

I would like a better clutch unit, but dont need a hydraulic clutch actuator
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
2/2/2018 4:58am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2018 4:58am
xr70 wrote:
Yea the Ktm and Husky are way to go for sure! Broken frames, electrical problems and one of the last manufactures sticking with air forks and...
Yea the Ktm and Husky are way to go for sure! Broken frames, electrical problems and one of the last manufactures sticking with air forks and the list goes on !
LOL, someone is butt hurt.
hubbardmx50
2/2/2018 10:26am
Can't go wrong, I have had every Honda 450 since 2005 and this is the best one yet. Awesome handling but still turns amazing, super reliable, fast but manageable power, not the lightest in the class but definitely very light feeling and tried and true coil spring forks. The shock is really good too, just have to find your magic number for sag.

Post a reply to: 2018 SXF 450 or FC 450 or CRF 450

The Latest