2018 MXGP of Czech republic Rd.14 this weekend

philG
7/23/2018 10:33am
David934 wrote:
I dont think so. Problem is not the jump, its technically simple. But if you made mistake, like Jonass jumps from left to right, be sure...
I dont think so. Problem is not the jump, its technically simple. But if you made mistake, like Jonass jumps from left to right, be sure that you fall. In tragic moment of last year was problem with track maintenance (big holes and small wheels does not work). Anyway in 65/85 class maybe sometimes parents overestimate their children's abilities and push them to do something they themselves do not. I hope it wasn't this example.
Yeah I get what you're saying, it's not a massive jump and pretty simple but the run up to it out of the corner always gets...
Yeah I get what you're saying, it's not a massive jump and pretty simple but the run up to it out of the corner always gets really sketchy, everyone is accelerating really hard out of the corner and the bikes were always dancing around in the holes and fighting for traction on the slippery surface. Then if you lost traction or the rear got kicked right before the drop there was absolutely nothing the rider could do to save it. Plus the landing on the jump was horrible if you didn't get the distance and cased it, like Jonass did. I've just thought for years they should have changed it since it always looked like a big accident waiting to happen, glad to see from the pictures they finally did something to it. It's a beautiful place and one of the best tracks on the calendar, always looking forward to the races there.
David934 wrote:
I was bummed to see how dozers destroyed that jump. It was iconic for us locals. After races i had talk with member of jury and...
I was bummed to see how dozers destroyed that jump. It was iconic for us locals. After races i had talk with member of jury and he said, that plan is come back to jump with some updates for small bikes safety.
The changes they made to that drop and the turn after and the run up to pit lane made so much difference to the track, loads of passes down the hill , along the bottom, and up the other side... it got rough and created opportunities that the step down never did.. should do this everywhere, less jumps, more bumps.
David934
7/24/2018 4:22am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 4:29am
Yeah I get what you're saying, it's not a massive jump and pretty simple but the run up to it out of the corner always gets...
Yeah I get what you're saying, it's not a massive jump and pretty simple but the run up to it out of the corner always gets really sketchy, everyone is accelerating really hard out of the corner and the bikes were always dancing around in the holes and fighting for traction on the slippery surface. Then if you lost traction or the rear got kicked right before the drop there was absolutely nothing the rider could do to save it. Plus the landing on the jump was horrible if you didn't get the distance and cased it, like Jonass did. I've just thought for years they should have changed it since it always looked like a big accident waiting to happen, glad to see from the pictures they finally did something to it. It's a beautiful place and one of the best tracks on the calendar, always looking forward to the races there.
David934 wrote:
I was bummed to see how dozers destroyed that jump. It was iconic for us locals. After races i had talk with member of jury and...
I was bummed to see how dozers destroyed that jump. It was iconic for us locals. After races i had talk with member of jury and he said, that plan is come back to jump with some updates for small bikes safety.
philG wrote:
The changes they made to that drop and the turn after and the run up to pit lane made so much difference to the track, loads...
The changes they made to that drop and the turn after and the run up to pit lane made so much difference to the track, loads of passes down the hill , along the bottom, and up the other side... it got rough and created opportunities that the step down never did.. should do this everywhere, less jumps, more bumps.
Must agree Phil.

My high and low this weekend:

High:
- good prepared track
- Vlanderen win first moto
- surprise for me was Lupino, good starts, rides with factory boys, amazing!
- big crowd
- sound of Gajsers Honda
- finally good results for Guillod
- czech team Gunnex KTM rider Šikyna 14-11 performance in MX2

Low:
- Herlings good starts ruined racing in front
- Waters lapped by Gajser
- horrible music in Monster tent
- my headache after Friday party:-)
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/24/2018 6:31am
Just now watched some of the racing.

Man really impressed with Prado. The progress he makes is amazing, really reminds me of Roczen and Herlings a few years back.
Last year it looked like he's just not ready yet to fight for a title in 2018, flashes of speed, some GP wins, but a lot of crashes and mistakes, finished more than 300 points behind Jonass in the end, in 7th overall.

Now he just digged himself out of a 45 point hole and is leading the standings.
Apart from Argentina he had only 2 motos off the podium, in 26 races.
He won't even turn 18 until next year
RDX
7/24/2018 6:48am
crusty_xx wrote:
Just now watched some of the racing. Man really impressed with Prado. The progress he makes is amazing, really reminds me of Roczen and Herlings a...

Man really impressed with Prado. The progress he makes is amazing, really reminds me of Roczen and Herlings a few years back.
Last year it looked like he's just not ready yet to fight for a title in 2018, flashes of speed, some GP wins, but a lot of crashes and mistakes, finished more than 300 points behind Jonass in the end, in 7th overall.

I do not recall if KROC was 17 or 16 when he won his MX2 title, but Prado is in a position to tie him as the youngest ever.

The Shop

7/24/2018 6:53am
crusty_xx wrote:
Just now watched some of the racing. Man really impressed with Prado. The progress he makes is amazing, really reminds me of Roczen and Herlings a...

Indeed, he’s really riding maturely. He doesn’t seem to push the envelope at all, so if Jonass wants to defend his title he’d better turn up his game a couple of notches.

It will be interesting to see what the fallout is after a couple of sand races. Tracks like Lommel and Assen tend to cause the occasional havoc for some people ?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/24/2018 8:38am
crusty_xx wrote:

RDX wrote:
I do not recall if KROC was 17 or 16 when he won his MX2 title, but Prado is in a position to tie him as...
I do not recall if KROC was 17 or 16 when he won his MX2 title, but Prado is in a position to tie him as the youngest ever.
Roczen was 17 when he won it and the youngest ever.
He turned 17 in April and won the title in August I believe (or September).

Prado will be a little order, he turned 17 in January.
Still if he wins this title he will be one of the youngest ever.
philG
7/24/2018 10:51am
David934 wrote:
Must agree Phil. My high and low this weekend: High: - good prepared track - Vlanderen win first moto - surprise for me was Lupino, good...
Must agree Phil.

My high and low this weekend:

High:
- good prepared track
- Vlanderen win first moto
- surprise for me was Lupino, good starts, rides with factory boys, amazing!
- big crowd
- sound of Gajsers Honda
- finally good results for Guillod
- czech team Gunnex KTM rider Šikyna 14-11 performance in MX2

Low:
- Herlings good starts ruined racing in front
- Waters lapped by Gajser
- horrible music in Monster tent
- my headache after Friday party:-)
The boy went.. he said it was great and loved Czech.. agree with all the above.. Monster Music ruins everything.

We were hoping to stay over after a race last week, but had to come home, we are out there in Cheb in a few weeks for the German Supermoto series, always a good time.
tinus.nel
7/24/2018 11:12am
Bearuno wrote:
How good are those little blighters on the 65s? Loket is daunting on a big bike - how it must look to those little people on...
How good are those little blighters on the 65s?

Loket is daunting on a big bike - how it must look to those little people on little bikes I can't imagine. It's No pathetic little flat 'kids' track for them to zip about on.

They all ride so bloody well. And the bikes are so flamin' fast. They just eat those big up hills.

And, the top 3 finishers - Italian, Dutch and ??? - all three, interviewed in fine, fluent English. Bloody hell, most of us here could not do as well in our native language.

That fellow exiting 'stage right' , right into another rider Blink - Marek, was the one T boned I think, who somehow stayed up, and still finished in the top 10.

And the young lady, Lotte' Van Drunen, getting 10th OA.

So much potential, such smiling faces up on the podium. To then have a slimy bastard such as Srb be up there with them......Sick
I'm with you on them handling PR duties in near impeccable language, considering that for most of them it's a second - or third language. Here's an interview I wrote up today with Jakob Madsen, and that shone through bright and clear yet again.

http://www.vanganiracing.com/news/madsen.html

Post a reply to: 2018 MXGP of Czech republic Rd.14 this weekend

The Latest