2018 MXGP-MX2 GP Season Fantasy Game

DeStouwer
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2018 1:01am
To the example of the SX Forum Fantasy League and a Belgian motormagazine, it seemed fun to me to make a game for the MXGP and MX2-season aswell. Participation is free and without obligation ofcourse. What's the idea?

Format
This game will be run by the format of picking 5 MXGP- and 5 MX2-riders, who will score points for you during the season. Chosen riders will be your team for the entire season. Each rider has an amount of points, most of them are the points they scored in 2017. If a rider changes class before or during the season, you will keep the points he scores. Each MXGP-team must not exceed the value of 1,500 points, and each MX2-team must not exceed 1,000 points. Example: you can't choose Thomas Kjær Olsen (579 points) and Thomas Covington (532 points) together in your MX2-team, as they already exceed the 1,000 points. Each team must exist out of 5 MXGP-riders and 5 MX2-riders, so 10 in total. If you select a team with less or over 5 riders per class, your team is not valid. If your team exceeds the 1,500 or 1,000 points, your team is not valid. Motocross of Nations is not included in this game.

Scoring
Each rider scores an amount of points every GP, wich will be the amount he scores for your team. For example, if you have Jeffrey Herlings on your team and he wins the GP with 50 points, you get 50 points just like he does. This is the case for every rider on your team.

Standings
The standings will be formed by MXGP and MX2-results combined. Standings will be updated before every next round. If there is a tie at the end of the year, I'll go down the list of how many GP's each team best rider has won. If it is a dead tie, it will go to who posted their team first.

Prizes
- Get your bench racing skills to a whole other level
- A year of bragging and chestpounding to the other Vital-members if you win
- Eternal fame

Attention! The riders list below is indicative. Some of them will not race the entire series, as some will skip the overseas and only race the European rounds. Others will race only a handful of races, so choose carefully.

MXGP riders
Jeremy Seewer 732
Antonio Cairoli 722
Jeffrey Herlings 672
Gautier Paulin 602
Clément Desalle 544
Tim Gajser 530
Romain Febvre 519
Benoît Paturel 504
Julien Lieber 490
Jeremy Van Horebeek 443
Maximilian Nagl 439
Max Anstie 436
Glenn Coldenhoff 424
Brian Bogers 407
Evgeny Bobryshev 397
Arnaud Tonus 355
Arminas Jasikonis 283
Kevin Strijbos 223
Tanel Leok 223
Alessandro Lupino 208
Shaun Simpson 183
José Butrón 122
Jordi Tixier 82
Ivo Monticelli 65
Valentin Guillod 61
Maxime Desprey 37
Tommy Searle 33
Petar Petrov 32
Milko Potisek 16
Nathan Renkens 15
Jaromír Romančík 14
Graeme Irwin 5
Jonathan Bengtsson 3
Ander Valentín 2
Stefan Ekerold 2
Davide Bonini 1
Simone Zecchina 1
Klemen Gerčar 1

MX2-riders
Pauls Jonass 771
Thomas Kjær Olsen 579
Thomas Covington 532
Jorge Prado García 460
Hunter Lawrence 395
Brent Van Doninck 309
Darian Sanayei 280
Michele Cervellin 263
Calvin Vlaanderen 261
Alvin Östlund 242
Ben Watson 228
Conrad Mewse 225
Vsevolod Brylyakov 129
Bas Vaessen 120
Samuele Bernardini 111
Henry Jacobi 108
Iker Larrañaga 105
Anton Gole 99
Davy Pootjes 97
Brian Hsu 97
Adam Sterry 72
Jed Beaton 71
Stephen Rubini 70
David Herbreteau 45
Marshal Weltin 20
Rubén Fernández 17
Morgan Lesiardo 13
Micha Boy de Waal 13
Simone Furlotti 10
Jago Geerts 6
Alexis Verhaeghe 4
Richard Šikyňa 2
Jorge Zaragoza 2
Zachary Pichon 1
Nicola Bertuzzi 1
Tom Koch 1
Enzo Toriani 1

You must have your team selection posted in this thread by 11 PM WET on Thursday March 1st. No exceptions, because that is the day I will build the final spreadsheets that I will use for scoring.

If you have any questions, shoot! Good luck to all!

Please let me know if there is any interest in this game. If not, admins are free to delete this.
|
Spydee
2/21/2018 6:09am
Never done this before so let's see how it goes lol

MXGP
Max Anstie
Shaun Simpson
Tommy Searle
Kevin Strijbos
Gautier Paulin

MX2
Thomas Covington
Ben Watson
Conrad Mewse
Simone Furlotti
Alexis Verhaeghe
DoubleA
2/22/2018 4:48am
@DeStouwer "Each rider has an amount of points, most of them are the points they scored in 2017."

First of all thanks for doing this. Will you uploading a pic after every round so we can see where we are compared to everyone else or will you just put up a link for us to look at?

I can see why you have done with it being easier to work out peoples points but right now based on points Seewer is this most likely to win the 450 championship?

Then you have Graeme Irwin on 5 points yet he won British title last year, got 6th overall at Hawkstone and I am sure it isn't just for these 2 riders.

Just gotta think of some kickass team now though.

The Shop

Spydee
2/22/2018 5:03am
DeStouwer wrote:
Right ho, decent team! Wink
Cheers! No competitors to go up against though, come on guys Grinning
DeStouwer
2/22/2018 5:24am
DoubleA wrote:
@DeStouwer "[i]Each rider has an amount of points, most of them are the points they scored in 2017[/i]." First of all thanks for doing this. Will...
@DeStouwer "Each rider has an amount of points, most of them are the points they scored in 2017."

First of all thanks for doing this. Will you uploading a pic after every round so we can see where we are compared to everyone else or will you just put up a link for us to look at?

I can see why you have done with it being easier to work out peoples points but right now based on points Seewer is this most likely to win the 450 championship?

Then you have Graeme Irwin on 5 points yet he won British title last year, got 6th overall at Hawkstone and I am sure it isn't just for these 2 riders.

Just gotta think of some kickass team now though.
Probably will post a pic after every GP, yes Smile

I know this can be somewhat confusing, but I've decided to keep the points from the 2017 MX2-riders who transfer to MXGP this year the same. The Belgian magazine I was talking about also has this format. I could work with percentages on who would be the biggest contenders, but this would make it even more confusing, for me and you. Irwin didn't score a single point in GP's last year, so he could have had 1, but it turned out to be 5. The difference in points between Seewer and Irwin for example is probably bigger as it will be in real life, but Seewer will be the better at the end of the season (theoretically). Case is, it's the same for everyone Smile

Thanks for the feedback anyway and good luck!
2/22/2018 5:35am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2018 5:36am
dude why not just join mx vice fantasy league and set up a vital private league and then allow folk to join? all the hard work is done for you already, including result gathering, points distribution etc !

then the shit can get distributed on here sunday afternoon and all week hahaaa
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
2/22/2018 5:44am
MXGP
Anstie
Febvre
Simpson
Searle
Jasikonis

MX2