2018 Lake Elsinore Grand Prix (This Weekend)

casper
11/19/2018 1:52pm
Results are up, but no lap times. My Friend said they marked him as a DNS for his second race, when he definitely ran it. Lot's of DNSs in some classes.
Alex.434
11/19/2018 3:58pm
I was really hoping for lap times, due to the fact I got 2 flats in the Mushman 100 and checking to see how my lap times (the 5-6 laps I managed to do) stacked up was the only fun bench-racing mark I could look at!
Stuntman949
11/20/2018 7:47am
I'm upset I didn't get dead last like I had thought. Takes away the punchline to raceday story.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/23/2018 8:33am
Results are up. LEGP results
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Where is the 3wheeler class? I didn't see any results for it
That race was on Sunday, so they are listed under day 3. Here's my class, four stroke. I can't wait to paint a helmet with a...
That race was on Sunday, so they are listed under day 3. Here's my class, four stroke. I can't wait to paint a helmet with a big fat number one on it for next year.

Four stroke class
Awesome man! Haha I'll be looking forward to seeing that paint job!
11/23/2018 8:33am
Alex.434 wrote:
Hey sombrero dudes! I talked to you in staging for an interview :) Great pics! You guys were a hoot. My LEGP was rather eventful. Rode...
Hey sombrero dudes! I talked to you in staging for an interview Smile Great pics! You guys were a hoot.

My LEGP was rather eventful. Rode 60 miles to the race from my house on dual sport truck trails, backroads, and highway 15. Got there and things were a little behind due to morning injuries, no worries, just hung around and got situated. Got in staging for the Mushman 100 Sportsman class and since I was fiddling with getting POV cameras and gear and everything sorted I got in line pretty far back in the group. Thought it was going to be multiple waves... (that's what I'd heard) but basically it was just a mass start.... and I was stuck in the back.

First lap passed 26 guys and no one passed me, so that was great. Was honking my horn pretty much the entire lap letting folks know where I was as I made passes (people were swerving all around). First lap seeing the track and on a bike I'd barely ridden, so was feeling it out and feeling good. Overjumped the water jump even though I told myself to go easy off it... whoops.

Then midway thru the sand section / lake bed on the 2nd lap I got a rear flat! Couldn't believe it. Super bummed. Made my way back to the start area and just cruised around the pits asking if anyone had a spare. The guys from OC Dualies (dual sports) leapt into action and changed my tire! What bloody legends. Tossed them some beer money and got back in the race.

Got another 4-5 laps in... and was starting to get dark so I knew they would call it soon... and BAAAM another rear flat. This time immediately after landing the water jump on that short stretch before the hairpin heading up the Ridgeline. WTF! Nursed it back to pits and crossed finish line but jeez, no chance for glory.

Had a blast though. Ripped some good wheelies down Main Street each lap (immediately after this pic was taken), honked my horn at the crowd over the water jump, and generally had a ball. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Got home and looked the bike over. Pretty positive the culprit was no rear rim lock coming stock on the CRF450L. Both flats happened in the 'Moto' sections with high traction and hard torque acceleration and the tire went flat VERY fast both times. Tire spun on the rim and shredded the valve. Neither happened due to 'slamming' a square edge. I took it pretty easy actually over the hard edge stuff and I ride the chunky rocky hills around my house all the time, never flat. Was running heavy duty tubes (per usual) with 1-2psi higher than I normally run on my home rough rocky trails.

Doh. Race gods are cruel. Lesson learned, be back next year. Damn fun time.

Brandork Photography pics

Hey man, yea that was nice talking to you. Did you say you worked for www.motorcyclistonline.com? I had been looking for any coverage of the event but hadn't seen anything yet.
Stuntman949
9/5/2019 8:38am
Alright. 2019 roll call. Just signed up for Race 19 and Race 21. Who's in? We know Duff Man will be there.
9/5/2019 5:00pm
Alright. 2019 roll call. Just signed up for Race 19 and Race 21. Who's in? We know Duff Man will be there.
Havent signed up yet. But I will soon. I own a house now so I can't be burning through money as quickly as I used to.

I hope to borrow my buddies vintage bike for racing on Friday too. That makes four classes. $$$$$$

Alex.434
9/6/2019 12:12am
Hey man, yea that was nice talking to you. Did you say you worked for www.motorcyclistonline.com? I had been looking for any coverage of the event...
Hey man, yea that was nice talking to you. Did you say you worked for www.motorcyclistonline.com? I had been looking for any coverage of the event but hadn't seen anything yet.
Whoop lil late on this but here you go, this is the story I wrote for Motorcyclist last year. Talking to the guys about doing it again this year.... slightly different angle... and finishing in style!

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/racing-lake-elsinore-grand-prix-on-h…

9/6/2019 12:30pm
They're a motorcycle club that does more dirt track type races. They have classes for v twins, dirt bikes, and three wheelers. It's a lot of fun on the three wheeler. I might be interested in the tecates, shoot me an email at apclark782@yahoo.com of course that would mean I would have to work a lot to save up, but I'm interested to see what you have.

9/28/2019 9:35pm
I just signed up for the 10" open pit bike class on this beast. It's only a $40 entry fee so I couldn't resist. I'm going to put a better exhaust on it though with more clearance, and I'll take it as an excuse to do some upgrades

Alex.434
11/1/2019 12:29am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2019 12:30am
I'm in for the Mushman 100 again. Redemption will be mine! Won't be on a street legal dual sport this time.... but a different, and more offroad racing specific, red machine Smile

Who else is in?

Post a reply to: 2018 Lake Elsinore Grand Prix (This Weekend)

The Latest