2018 Lake Elsinore Grand Prix (This Weekend)

two seven
Edited Date/Time 11/1/2019 11:31am

|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/6/2018 7:46am
If I wasn't taking the family to Disneyland this weekend, I'd seriously be trying to make this happen!
barnett468
11/6/2018 8:00am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 8:21am
They are having a vintage bike show (74 and earlier) on thursday and john desoto will be there.

Below are some details that are not in the info pack they give you.

They are running a short course on friday that is as flat as a pane of glass so it is great for beginners of all ages, plus it is only 30 minutes. It is also a good way to get a little easy practice in and tune your bike if you are racing on sat or sun. That pat of the course has already been graded so you can go there anytime and look at it and walk it if you want but do not ride it. You can park in the lake park then walk to it from there.

They graded the entire water tower road so it is flat and fairly wide.

Unless they put chicanes in part of the asphalt section, you can easily reach 70 mph there, so if you want to go fast there you might need to gear your bike higher, but that will make it a bit slower on the rest of the course.

Transitioning from asphalt to dirt and from dirt to asphalt is extremely slippery and dangerous so be very careful.

They have a speed controlled section thru town which will be limited to 25 mph. There will be one of those flashing speed signs that tell you your speed when you enter the zone. After that it is up to the rider not to exceed that speed. There will be flagmen every hundred yards or so in this section and if they see someone that is obviously going more than 25 mph they will black flag them and remove them from the race.

All classes in each race group will be started individually. This was a bit of a mess last year with some of the starters and racers not knowing what race was starting but they will hopefully have that sorted out this year.

All races will be started with the engines on, so if your bike simply does not kick start like mine does not, you can push start it or there will be others that will help you push start it so it will be running before the race.

You can ride your bike from the parking area to the designated pit area and starting area but do not rev the crap out of it on the way and do not speed or they can kick you out because part of that short ride is directly in front of houses.

Unfortunately, some of the classes are not broken down into age and skill and bike size, so if you are in one of those particular classes and are not an extremely experienced rider, I suggest you view the race as a fun trail ride and don't ride over your head because there is no trophy for you to win and all the expert level riders will finish in front of you anyway. Also, although this course may appear easy, it is actually fairly dangerous and you don't want to hit the asphalt at speed or go flying off the hillside roads into oblivion. Take it from someone that has done both.

You can actually legally pre-ride part of the course that starts at the end of the asphalt road and goes to the water tower before thursday IF you have a bike that is licensed for the street and a legal spark arrestor and a motorcycle license and insurance and if you ride slowly because these are designated streets. If you do not have all of these, I suggest you do not do it because the results could be very unpleasant and I'm quite sure the local police will be looking for violators.

Johnny Depp
11/6/2018 8:14am
50 YEARS! Congratulations are due for the generations of organizers making this happen for the riding community!

The Shop

Stuntman949
11/6/2018 8:29am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 8:32am
I'll be race 20 and race 24. Hope to see you guys there

"They have a speed controlled section thru town which will be limited to 25 mph. There will be one of those flashing speed signs that tell you your speed when you enter the zone. After that it is up to the rider not to exceed that speed. There will be flagmen every hundred yards or so in this section and if they see someone that is obviously going more than 25 mph they will black flag them and remove them from the race"

I'm bummed about the speed controlled zones. Seems as if essentially the entire asphalt will fall under this category. Looks like the speed zone ends in the dirt which was the parking lot last year. Excited for this one
barnett468
11/6/2018 8:35am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 8:43am
I'll be race 20 and race 24. Hope to see you guys there "They have a speed controlled section thru town which will be limited to...

"They have a speed controlled section thru town which will be limited to 25 mph. There will be one of those flashing speed signs that tell you your speed when you enter the zone. After that it is up to the rider not to exceed that speed. There will be flagmen every hundred yards or so in this section and if they see someone that is obviously going more than 25 mph they will black flag them and remove them from the race"

I'm bummed about the speed controlled zones. Seems as if essentially the entire asphalt will fall under this category. Looks like the speed zone ends in the dirt which was the parking lot last year. Excited for this one
What bike do you have?

I'm in the woosey short course race 12 on thursday cuz some clown ran over me 6 weeks ago and wasted my back so it is just feeling half decent now and i don't want to screw it up cuz i have a calvmx race the following saturday at milestone i'm hoping to be in at least half way decent shape for.

The only speed control zone is only thru town where the yellow section is. As I mentioned there are two 70 mph asphalt sections unless they put chicanes in them.

There will be no speed control on the start but it looks like you will be going maybe 50 mph on the asphalt from the start line then slam on your brakes to make a 90 degree turn onto main street. If this is the case, it will be a great place to stand to take videos cuz it may get quite ugly, lol.

Maybe we should put a piece of masking tape on our vehicle with vitalmx written on it so those that want to can meet some of the others from the site.

Stuntman949
11/6/2018 8:42am
I'll be race 20 and race 24. Hope to see you guys there "They have a speed controlled section thru town which will be limited to...

barnett468 wrote:
What bike do you have? I'm in the woosey short course race 12 on thursday cuz some clown ran over me 6 weeks ago and wasted...
What bike do you have?

I'm in the woosey short course race 12 on thursday cuz some clown ran over me 6 weeks ago and wasted my back so it is just feeling half decent now and i don't want to screw it up cuz i have a calvmx race the following saturday at milestone i'm hoping to be in at least half way decent shape for.

The only speed control zone is only thru town where the yellow section is. As I mentioned there are two 70 mph asphalt sections unless they put chicanes in them.

There will be no speed control on the start but it looks like you will be going maybe 50 mph on the asphalt from the start line then slam on your brakes to make a 90 degree turn onto main street. If this is the case, it will be a great place to stand to take videos cuz it may get quite ugly, lol.

Maybe we should put a piece of masking tape on our vehicle with vitalmx written on it so those that want to can meet some of the others from the site.

I have a KX500 that's geared to go back in time. #N8

I'm not opposed to the masking tape by any means. Plus I think everyone will be kenneled into the same camping/ day pits

barnett468
11/6/2018 8:55am
I have a KX500 that's geared to go back in time. #N8 I'm not opposed to the masking tape by any means. Plus I think everyone...

I'm not opposed to the masking tape by any means. Plus I think everyone will be kenneled into the same camping/ day pits

What year is it?

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/6/2018 10:00am

barnett468 wrote:
What bike do you have? I'm in the woosey short course race 12 on thursday cuz some clown ran over me 6 weeks ago and wasted...
What bike do you have?

I have a KX500 that's geared to go back in time. #N8 I'm not opposed to the masking tape by any means. Plus I think everyone...

Dude, I had no idea you were motopharaoh! Laughing Saw the N8 and put it together
barnett468
11/6/2018 10:03am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Dude, I had no idea you were motopharaoh! Laughing Saw the N8 and put it together
uh oh, what is a "motopharaoh?
Stuntman949
11/6/2018 10:08am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Guilty as charged Cool
two seven
11/6/2018 10:33am

450 Pro Class only 4 entries ...... 5000 dollar purse. No big name motocross names either.
casper
11/6/2018 11:30am
How did you find out how many people are registered for each class? How true to the classes do people race(Sandbagging)?
two seven
11/6/2018 2:16pm
I know the promoter ........ Easy money for some fast pro sitting at home. $$$$$
Alex.434
11/6/2018 3:10pm
Got a call from someone Monday asking me to race for them, so I'm now entered in the Mushman 100 on a CRF450L. See ya there! Can't wait.
Stuntman949
11/6/2018 3:34pm
So since the start is in the speed controlled zone, does this mean we have a 25mph NASCAR rolling start to the dirt
barnett468
11/6/2018 3:55pm
casper wrote:
How did you find out how many people are registered for each class? How true to the classes do people race(Sandbagging)?
from what i have seen there is a bit of sandbagging in several classes but i think maybe less in the older age group classes. but others here may have had a different experience.
barnett468
11/6/2018 3:58pm
So since the start is in the speed controlled zone, does this mean we have a 25mph NASCAR rolling start to the dirt
nope, i asked them this exact question 2 days ago which is where some of the other info i posted came from and they said there is no speed limit on the start. the speed enforcement only begins at the end of the first lap. don't ask me why uiz i have no friggen idea which genius though up such a clusterfk but that;s exactly what they told me.

barnett468
11/6/2018 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 5:10pm
casper wrote:
One way is to email and ask

kdawk27@yahoo.com

I sent him an email 30 minutes ago and he just replied. There are currently 6 people preregistered for the MC Classic (75 thru 79) class in race 12 on Friday. This means that I don't have to line up 2 hours early and can simply show up 2 minutes before my race, lol.

11/6/2018 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 7:24pm
I can't wait. I'll be in the buddy race and 250 beginner/slow on Saturday and I'm racing my three wheeler on Sunday. We dressed up in costumes last year and have new ones this year.
Stuntman949
11/7/2018 8:25am
I can't wait. I'll be in the buddy race and 250 beginner/slow on Saturday and I'm racing my three wheeler on Sunday. We dressed up in...
I can't wait. I'll be in the buddy race and 250 beginner/slow on Saturday and I'm racing my three wheeler on Sunday. We dressed up in costumes last year and have new ones this year.
You sir are a legend among men
11/7/2018 11:23am
You sir are a legend among men
Last year was our first time racing it and we had so much fun. It was a great weekend. I'll look for you. We have two yz250fs and two three wheelers and will be in a camper.
Sidecar
11/7/2018 1:04pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Guilty as charged Cool
I didn’t know that either having spoken with you on here and on Instagram... I’m kx500steve on the gram...

Post a reply to: 2018 Lake Elsinore Grand Prix (This Weekend)

The Latest