2018 Japan Supercross

FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
Edited Date/Time 10/17/2018 7:23pm
There is talk of a Supercross in Tokyo November 3-4. They are saying they will have a press conference on April 3rd to announce details.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2018JAPANSUPERCROSS/

Web: https://www.japansupercross.com/
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/22/2018 9:40am
FGR01 wrote:
There is talk of a Supercross in Tokyo November 3-4. They are saying they will have a press conference on April 3rd to announce details. Facebook...
There is talk of a Supercross in Tokyo November 3-4. They are saying they will have a press conference on April 3rd to announce details.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2018JAPANSUPERCROSS/

Web: https://www.japansupercross.com/
I heard about this a little more last night. Someone representing the event was at A2 talking to riders to see who was interested in coming over.
ATKpilot99
3/22/2018 12:48pm
Damon Bradshaw needs to come out of retirement for this one . Wink
Sully
3/22/2018 4:25pm
Please let this be true!

The Shop

FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
5/11/2018 10:33am
So, they had the press conference and said they are moving forward with plans. Jim Holley is involved. Some of the organizing staff attended the Vegas SX to further plans and talk to riders. It looks like Weston Peick is in.

https://youtu.be/RfntMyifmAA
mb60
5/11/2018 11:45am
Mookie for sure in this one.
MXMattii
5/11/2018 3:58pm
Jim Holley just took his shirt off
ky_savage wrote:
He was the first person I thought about Laughing
Was Holley not also "Taking care" of riders for the Swedish 24MX Supercross in the Tele2 Arena? I mean he works like a middle man there, not?
Merida
8/2/2018 2:04am
Does anyone know the dates tried to find it but my japanese is a bit shaky
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/2/2018 2:11am
Merida wrote:
November 3rd and 4th.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/2/2018 2:21am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2018 2:26am
Looks like Decotis, Ferrandis, Plessinger & C. Craig are also linked to the event.

Merida
8/2/2018 2:42am
Merida wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
November 3rd and 4th.
damn it, im in japan 2 weeks after.
Sully
8/2/2018 3:20am
I am so there. Tempura, you coming?
Trevor_Archer
9/13/2018 6:26am
Sully, or anyone else I am stationed in yokosuka Japan only and hour and half from Tokyo. Could anyone help me and to where I buy tickets besides just standing tickets or whatever I seen! Thank you!!!
McLellanMX66
Fantasy
884th
9/13/2018 7:23am
Sully, or anyone else I am stationed in yokosuka Japan only and hour and half from Tokyo. Could anyone help me and to where I buy...
Sully, or anyone else I am stationed in yokosuka Japan only and hour and half from Tokyo. Could anyone help me and to where I buy tickets besides just standing tickets or whatever I seen! Thank you!!!
Their website has been wiped clean for about a week now. Not sure what is going on with the event since they have not made any updates lately. From what I know, they were available on the website. I live in Shinjuku so I'm definitely going.
MXMattii
9/13/2018 5:08pm
Sully, or anyone else I am stationed in yokosuka Japan only and hour and half from Tokyo. Could anyone help me and to where I buy...
Their website has been wiped clean for about a week now. Not sure what is going on with the event since they have not made any...
Their website has been wiped clean for about a week now. Not sure what is going on with the event since they have not made any updates lately. From what I know, they were available on the website. I live in Shinjuku so I'm definitely going.
Website and Youtube has gone in the waste-bin so I think the event went there too... No Japanese supercross in 2018?
McLellanMX66
Fantasy
884th
9/13/2018 5:40pm
Their website has been wiped clean for about a week now. Not sure what is going on with the event since they have not made any...
MXMattii wrote:
Website and Youtube has gone in the waste-bin so I think the event went there too... No Japanese supercross in 2018?
Website is back up again but has little info. They are selling tickets for ¥18000 for bench seats.
jeffro503
9/13/2018 6:03pm
On a side note : Sully , Tempura , MClellan.....how do you guys like being over there? It's always been a county I have always wanted to go to. The people , their manner's , way of life......has alway's seemed really cool too me. Met a lot of Japanese people throughout my years , and I'd say most were some of the nicest people I have ever met.
drt410
9/13/2018 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 6:25pm
Mxgp needs an event in japan. Canada too. Anyone know why there is not? Less Euro races would be nice, plus less tracks that are just flat land behind some industrial park with tabletops. Canada has some beautiful tracks and Japan I bet would be very hilly from what Ive seen as well. Herlings had nothing but good things to say about US tracks flow and width after Ironman.

Its good theyre different, but different can mean a lot of things. There are great tracks as well, some of the best and id say over 50% are great but the other half are thin flat and table tops. The USGP at WW was incredible thats an amazing track and it evened the playing field because our riders only ride public tracks for a few months in Cali before going back to private tracks in Florida and most had never ridden there. They all had great things to say.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/13/2018 6:24pm
drt410 wrote:
Mxgp needs an event in japan. Canada too. Anyone know why there is not? Less Euro races would be nice, plus less tracks that are just...
Mxgp needs an event in japan. Canada too. Anyone know why there is not? Less Euro races would be nice, plus less tracks that are just flat land behind some industrial park with tabletops. Canada has some beautiful tracks and Japan I bet would be very hilly from what Ive seen as well. Herlings had nothing but good things to say about US tracks flow and width after Ironman.

Its good theyre different, but different can mean a lot of things. There are great tracks as well, some of the best and id say over 50% are great but the other half are thin flat and table tops. The USGP at WW was incredible thats an amazing track and it evened the playing field because our riders only ride public tracks for a few months in Cali before going back to private tracks in Florida and most had never ridden there. They all had great things to say.
Simple, money. The license fee and everything to put on a MXGP race is astronomical. If a promotor or track owner from Canada or Japan wanted to fork over the money, there would be a race there.
Sully
9/13/2018 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 7:38pm
That's where I am, too. I'll head down to the ITT office in a little bit and see if they know anything about it. According to the stadium layout Mav posted, there's other seating, but if they only have S seats left, I'm out. No way I'm paying ¥18,000 for a Supercross.

Jeff, I've been here for 22 years, and I really enjoy it. My kids have been traveling all over the city by themselves since they were little, and I've never worried about them. The food is some of my favorite on the planet (I wish the Japanese were more open to real Mexican food, though). And then there's the women. Japanese women are some of the hottest women on the planet, and with very few exceptions, there's none of the pretentiousness you get with hot American girls.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/13/2018 8:07pm
Sully wrote:
That's where I am, too. I'll head down to the ITT office in a little bit and see if they know anything about it. According to...
That's where I am, too. I'll head down to the ITT office in a little bit and see if they know anything about it. According to the stadium layout Mav posted, there's other seating, but if they only have S seats left, I'm out. No way I'm paying ¥18,000 for a Supercross.

Jeff, I've been here for 22 years, and I really enjoy it. My kids have been traveling all over the city by themselves since they were little, and I've never worried about them. The food is some of my favorite on the planet (I wish the Japanese were more open to real Mexican food, though). And then there's the women. Japanese women are some of the hottest women on the planet, and with very few exceptions, there's none of the pretentiousness you get with hot American girls.
Btw! What area are you in? I saw your prior post, I'm in Tokyo until Sunday night. I love wandering around here endlessly ha!
McLellanMX66
Fantasy
884th
9/13/2018 8:53pm
jeffro503 wrote:
On a side note : Sully , Tempura , MClellan.....how do you guys like being over there? It's always been a county I have always wanted...
On a side note : Sully , Tempura , MClellan.....how do you guys like being over there? It's always been a county I have always wanted to go to. The people , their manner's , way of life......has alway's seemed really cool too me. Met a lot of Japanese people throughout my years , and I'd say most were some of the nicest people I have ever met.
I was born in a Japan and grew up here for the first 6 years of my life. After finishing high school in the U.S., I wanted to go back and live in a Japan again so that’s what i am doing now. Honestly, I feel more comfortable living here than I did in the U.S.. As for anyone that is looking to experience a unique culture, going to Japan is a must.
McLellanMX66
Fantasy
884th
9/13/2018 8:54pm
Sully wrote:
That's where I am, too. I'll head down to the ITT office in a little bit and see if they know anything about it. According to...

ML512 wrote:
Btw! What area are you in? I saw your prior post, I'm in Tokyo until Sunday night. I love wandering around here endlessly ha!
Thansk for the invite... Dizzy
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/13/2018 9:13pm
Sully wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Thansk for the invite... Dizzy
He offered a beer (well, soda for me, I don’t drink) first in another thread ? I’m not sure how many members are on this board are near Tokyo.

Post a reply to: 2018 Japan Supercross

The Latest