2018 Husqvarna FC 450 Rockstar Edition

mxb2
12/7/2017 10:46am
TeamGreen wrote:
You mad, Bro?

U get one and I'll get ya some fresh plastic.
mxb2 wrote:
I will assume he rides a bike with no decals, or he gets paid to put a decal on his bike.
TeamGreen wrote:
Actually, it's that he works for a living and wants a clean look of his own...& not a bunch of corporate logos that he ain't into...
Actually, it's that he works for a living and wants a clean look of his own...& not a bunch of corporate logos that he ain't into. That dude works out in the Valley all day, after that he ain't into going in the garage and looking at a Husky, Kawi or Honda that looks like someone-else's ride.
I get it,. Easy solution wait for the 19, or buy this bike and remove all logos, or get new plain plastics. Simple.
drt410
12/7/2017 11:27am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2017 12:07pm
This is where cycra comes out with a powerflow kit with ktm fe style side plates and fixes this bogus look completely. Just like how they fixed the yamaha radiator shrouds. If anyone from cycra is reading this...we need you. I wonder the reason for the enormous gap between the pieces, they dont even line up right. Crazyness. While theyre at it they can knock that notch off the top of the radiator shrouds too and theyll be perfect. Come on cycra do this in the name of "saving weight" and show Husky what they should have done just like you showed Yamaha.
BP299
Fantasy
2381st
12/7/2017 11:43am
Paging Polisport clear plastic?
tek14
12/7/2017 12:10pm
drt410 wrote:
This is where cycra comes out with a powerflow kit with ktm fe style side plates and fixes this bogus look completely. Just like how they...
This is where cycra comes out with a powerflow kit with ktm fe style side plates and fixes this bogus look completely. Just like how they fixed the yamaha radiator shrouds. If anyone from cycra is reading this...we need you. I wonder the reason for the enormous gap between the pieces, they dont even line up right. Crazyness. While theyre at it they can knock that notch off the top of the radiator shrouds too and theyll be perfect. Come on cycra do this in the name of "saving weight" and show Husky what they should have done just like you showed Yamaha.
Looked like plastics didnt line up at any places when looked fotos. Even KTM factory edition where pieces meet next those caps seemed not fit together. Cap top of silencor looks just so big that seems like something went wrong from desinger table to molding plastics..

The Shop

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/7/2017 12:40pm
Gosh guys are you that picky with everything in live?
TXDirt
12/7/2017 12:40pm
All around it's pretty ugly. No getting around that. No flow. No clean lines. Looks bulky and not slim and sleek at all. Would go great with an old Hallman chest protector.

I thought last years model was far far better.
jtiger12
12/7/2017 1:47pm
I like those side plates. thank you Husky for actually putting some protection on the silencer. If I go "KTM", I'll get the husky for sure
USMCMXer
12/7/2017 2:21pm
I think the bike is great. You gotta hand it to Husky, they weren't afraid to be different. It is awesome that this release brought out the Vital braintrust in moto knowledge... Not a single comment on how great the updated motor and chassis may work or perform, just a bunch of fashion police mad their new bike isn't a beautiful swan to show everyone how cool their new graphics and pipe look, on. All we need now is a pro or some rider that "sucks" or is "chubby" or doesn't look "comfortable" on it in photos, to bring this baby full circle. Definitely time for pizza, naps, torqueing sprocket bolts and factory ECU comments from us morans.

Good day Vital, always humorous reading through these, and yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... And the KTM sidepanels/subframe set-up would be cool, but not sure that is all direct bolt-ons considering Husky uses a two-piece composite subframe? Are the subframe mounting points the same on the current, non-FE model Husky/KTMs?
12/7/2017 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2017 2:28pm
USMCMXer wrote:
I think the bike is great. You gotta hand it to Husky, they weren't afraid to be different. It is awesome that this release brought out...
I think the bike is great. You gotta hand it to Husky, they weren't afraid to be different. It is awesome that this release brought out the Vital braintrust in moto knowledge... Not a single comment on how great the updated motor and chassis may work or perform, just a bunch of fashion police mad their new bike isn't a beautiful swan to show everyone how cool their new graphics and pipe look, on. All we need now is a pro or some rider that "sucks" or is "chubby" or doesn't look "comfortable" on it in photos, to bring this baby full circle. Definitely time for pizza, naps, torqueing sprocket bolts and factory ECU comments from us morans.

Good day Vital, always humorous reading through these, and yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion... And the KTM sidepanels/subframe set-up would be cool, but not sure that is all direct bolt-ons considering Husky uses a two-piece composite subframe? Are the subframe mounting points the same on the current, non-FE model Husky/KTMs?
Because we already saw the chassis and motor updates on the KTM FE earlier. All that's left to talk about is the awkward bodywork.
drt410
12/7/2017 4:43pm
Exactly. Plus theres no reason to go out of your way to make it ass ugly. If your doing all those great things with the engine and chassis and ktm just dropped a beauty why cant they? The design is what you see at all times you dont see the internals. Their last bike looked amazing so you know they can do it. The 2 piece panels with huge gaps just doesnt make sense on top of being ugly. I dont see the problem with calling that out.
aeffertz
12/7/2017 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2017 5:17pm
So I cut the side plate a little bit and made the frame white. Even with the separated side panel, I think this makes it look heaps better!

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/7/2017 5:16pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
You didn't give us a wave from the podium in Geneva. Extremely disappointed Mr. GuyBson.
Sorry, I'll try to do better next year. :D
Drtbykr
12/7/2017 5:22pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2017 5:25pm
Very beautiful, really like the black frame. A couple of wicked warts. I’m still on the orange coloured team.
captmoto
12/7/2017 6:09pm
USMCMXer wrote:
I think the bike is great. You gotta hand it to Husky, they weren't afraid to be different. It is awesome that this release brought out...

You spelled maroons wrong.
jemcee
12/7/2017 6:22pm
I reckon the only problem is the split in the sideplate! Like the shape of the plastics is fine (IMO) if they could make it one piece and have a join at the rear guard like the old days they'd have a good stew goin.. Also smaller like Afarts said above (No offence intended man just what my brain says when I see your name haha)
Photoshop lord I am not

12/7/2017 9:19pm
Well it’s nice to see that the Can Am “Samsonite” plastic designers are now employed with Husky. Good first effort boys. You are stepping up your game.

swatdoc
12/7/2017 9:36pm
It's obvious the new plastics were designed by Picasso - weird angles and nothing lines up right
Paul333
12/8/2017 5:35am
colintrax wrote:
They already come with a steel basket and good plates, I don't see any improvement coming from adding an aftermarket clutch
Exactly, other than Pro's I don't see any advantage to an aftermarket clutch on a KTM/Husky. They last all year even when ridden by clutch abusers. I will admit to being a clutch abuser until I adjusted to riding a four-stroke.
mpy
12/8/2017 6:14am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2017 6:14am
I think I solved the mystery of the sideplates... they're not meant for numbers.

reded
12/8/2017 6:18am
mpy wrote:
I think I solved the mystery of the sideplates... they're not meant for numbers. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/08/230319/s1200_twenty_one.jpg[/img]
I think I solved the mystery of the sideplates... they're not meant for numbers.

Troublesome for the three digit dudes though.
mpy
12/8/2017 6:22am
reded wrote:
Troublesome for the three digit dudes though.
Well, it's the Rockstar Edition!
mpy
12/8/2017 6:25am
3 digit guys will have to wait for the new and "improved" version:

MOX06
12/10/2017 10:25am
Old bike looks better IMO. I'm assume I won't care about that once I sit on the new one.

Yamaknockers
12/10/2017 12:34pm
Looks like either a trials bike, or white dog shit, I’m undecided.
Stoneface
12/10/2017 7:38pm
Regarding the new side-panel arrangement, has Husky built a new air box that alleviates the airflow problems of the previous design? The detachable lower sections of the number plates seem to allow quick access to the muffler and shock. Not graceful but maybe functional. I think the new look will grow on me.
Mike_Lawlor
12/10/2017 8:14pm
But is the exhaust side number plate still gonna melt after the first ride on this one too???????
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/10/2017 8:21pm
mpy wrote:
I think I solved the mystery of the sideplates... they're not meant for numbers. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/08/230319/s1200_twenty_one.jpg[/img]

Can someone please put a two stroke engine in there? Surely I can't be the only one that wants to see that.

Much ty.
chuckdavies
12/11/2017 1:23am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Can someone please put a two stroke engine in there? Surely I can't be the only one that wants to see that.

Much ty.
I mocked this up on Thursday as i was curious myself...

Post a reply to: 2018 Husqvarna FC 450 Rockstar Edition

The Latest