2018 CRF450R

Edited Date/Time 4/10/2018 3:02pm
4 minutes ago
Just purchased the 2018 CRF450R had it for 1 day ran great then shut it off and put it away for the night the next day I was going riding with buddy’s from work it started and I ran it for about 20 mins then turned it off to drink a beer then went to start it again and will not start we tried to start it for over 30 mins and nothing it would act like it wanted to start and run for about 1-3 second then bog out again then it wouldn’t do anything like the bike had no battery in it there was no sound when hitting the start button I called my dealer and told him this and I said I only have 2 hours on the bike this makes no sense if any one has had this issue please let me know I’m so pissed off
|
4/9/2018 4:22pm
A lot of people aren't aware but Honda was one of the first OEMs to implement a BAC sensor on the starter of all 2018 models. It's going to be mandatory on all vehicles sold in EU by 2022.
4/9/2018 5:09pm
49weasel wrote:
Have you washed it yet ?
No but it was raining the night I rod it then I brought it to my friends house and rod for about 30 mins then shut it off and went to turn it back on and it just wouldn’t start it was turning over but was not staying running
Camp332
4/9/2018 5:13pm
Maybe you got the CRF450r with the built in breathalyzer test, and it won't turn on if you had too many beers? Try again tomorrow.

The Shop

4/9/2018 5:15pm
This is rediculus I’m just trying to get some help it’s not really a big deal about me drinking 1 beer I was trying to just give everyone a time frame it’s not against the law to drink a beer
49weasel
4/9/2018 5:21pm
Is there water residue in your kill switch ?
Tryhard
4/9/2018 5:24pm
you may need to adjust the idle via turning the fuel enrichment knob / choke clockwise or counter clock wise . I had to adjust mine around the break in period . dont let em bother you with the beer jokes ... have another one bro
4/9/2018 5:36pm
My buddy had this problem with his. He reset the shock sag and never had another problem.
NeedMoto
4/9/2018 5:47pm
The grammar police showed up to your house, and sabotaged your bikeWhistling
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/9/2018 5:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 5:58pm
4 minutes ago Just purchased the 2018 CRF450R had it for 1 day ran great then shut it off and put it away for the night...
4 minutes ago
Just purchased the 2018 CRF450R had it for 1 day ran great then shut it off and put it away for the night the next day I was going riding with buddy’s from work it started and I ran it for about 20 mins then turned it off to drink a beer then went to start it again and will not start we tried to start it for over 30 mins and nothing it would act like it wanted to start and run for about 1-3 second then bog out again then it wouldn’t do anything like the bike had no battery in it there was no sound when hitting the start button I called my dealer and told him this and I said I only have 2 hours on the bike this makes no sense if any one has had this issue please let me know I’m so pissed off
Whats up with the “4 minutes ago” in the first line? Did you forget to take it out from a copy and paste from your script template? Since this is your first post, we all just want to say welcome and thanks in advance!

I admire your astroturfing teamwork going on.
JB 19
4/10/2018 3:20am
4 minutes ago Just purchased the 2018 CRF450R had it for 1 day ran great then shut it off and put it away for the night...
4 minutes ago
kzizok wrote:
Whats up with the “4 minutes ago” in the first line? Did you forget to take it out from a copy and paste from your script...
Whats up with the “4 minutes ago” in the first line? Did you forget to take it out from a copy and paste from your script template? Since this is your first post, we all just want to say welcome and thanks in advance!

I admire your astroturfing teamwork going on.
I'm starting to wonder how many of these "issue" threads are even legit.
FRANK121
4/10/2018 6:55am
I have had ZERO issues with mine and still loving it!
451motox
4/10/2018 7:05am
4 minutes ago
Hi I do understand your frustration because I have the same exact bike & have struggled with it. It starting ... I would first look at the fuse box where your right leg hits the sub frame & the main frame . There are 2 fuses 1 is a back up & if that fuse is ok ... CHANGE the battery ! The new Eliiy power battery's have a issue & when they go out they produce NO KIND OF power AT ALL . Let me know if that helps
Xeno
4/10/2018 12:00pm
Pull the choke and bump start it. If it starts, there is a battery problem.
FRANK121
4/10/2018 12:12pm
Hopefully he is pulling the clutch in or has done the by-pass modification like I have. And good point if it won't bump start, it has to be a dead battery, loose connection or shorted out kill switch?
Camp332
4/10/2018 12:51pm
This thread makes me thirsty for a frosty cold one Bro!
jsmi33966
4/10/2018 2:45pm
It needs a 3rd exhaust pipe. A lot of Hondas are having the problem of not enough exhaust pipes. Good luck and we hope you are back on the track soon.
4/10/2018 2:48pm
Tryhard wrote:
you may need to adjust the idle via turning the fuel enrichment knob / choke clockwise or counter clock wise . I had to adjust mine...
you may need to adjust the idle via turning the fuel enrichment knob / choke clockwise or counter clock wise . I had to adjust mine around the break in period . dont let em bother you with the beer jokes ... have another one bro
Thanks bud I already sent it to the shop they said they were going to get it back running for free and they feel bad because I bought it Friday and planed to ride that weekend and they kinda recked the whole weekend for me
4/10/2018 2:51pm
4 minutes ago
451motox wrote:
Hi I do understand your frustration because I have the same exact bike & have struggled with it. It starting ... I would first look at...
Hi I do understand your frustration because I have the same exact bike & have struggled with it. It starting ... I would first look at the fuse box where your right leg hits the sub frame & the main frame . There are 2 fuses 1 is a back up & if that fuse is ok ... CHANGE the battery ! The new Eliiy power battery's have a issue & when they go out they produce NO KIND OF power AT ALL . Let me know if that helps
Thank you so much for the advice I sent it to the shop and I will let everyone know what the problem is Incase this happens to future buyers of this bike
kiwifan
4/10/2018 2:56pm
Not sure why people bother posting in a thread to take the mickey out of the situation the OP is in, what is with you guys? I guess you are trying to be funny but you come across as a bunch of douchebags.

On the OP's situation itself, I have a 2018 CRF450R with zero problems, it does sound like you might be getting some moisture in the kill switch itself (so its shorting itself out), I heard of some issues with moisture getting in there so I have an aftermarket one on just in case, they are cheap to buy. The other potential problem is the clutch lever cutoff switch playing up.
4/10/2018 3:02pm
kiwifan wrote:
Not sure why people bother posting in a thread to take the mickey out of the situation the OP is in, what is with you guys...
Not sure why people bother posting in a thread to take the mickey out of the situation the OP is in, what is with you guys? I guess you are trying to be funny but you come across as a bunch of douchebags.

On the OP's situation itself, I have a 2018 CRF450R with zero problems, it does sound like you might be getting some moisture in the kill switch itself (so its shorting itself out), I heard of some issues with moisture getting in there so I have an aftermarket one on just in case, they are cheap to buy. The other potential problem is the clutch lever cutoff switch playing up.
Well I sent it back to the shop they said the would do what ever it takes to get it running again for free so I’ll see what they have to say and I will let all you guys know what the problem is Incase this happens to anyone els in the future thanks a lot for the advice

Post a reply to: 2018 CRF450R

The Latest