2018 CRF450 or 2018 SXF450

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
10/27/2018 3:55pm
Zero head shake here, and I run some fast tracks. The chassis is responsive to changes, but I have it set up where is super stable - and still turns on a dime. Have your suspension guy lower the shock a tad - and run around 106 sag.
RCMXracing
10/27/2018 4:15pm
Both great bikes. Gotta ride them and compare. The Honda has a snappy engine and great turn in. To me they are rigid compared to KTM, so could be a benifit on softer tracks (more accuracy) or a negative on hard choppy tracks. The latest KTM, ‘19, has a similar turn in feel to CRF. Have not had a bad experience with quality on KTM, quite the opposite. If you ride in the mud a lot go KTM, 15+ lbs lighter out of the box. The clutch is a weak point on CRF IMO. For sure a CRF would be my choice after orange and white. Haven’t ridden new KX or new Yami, had the ‘10 yami, didn’t work for me.
10/28/2018 12:43pm
thanks guys you are awesome, think its going to be an honda 18 or 17, but first im going to have a talk to my suspension guy and see if he has worked out some good settings for the honda.
vetmxr
10/28/2018 5:55pm
IMO Honda's quality isn't what it used to be and I've found that KTM's hold their value better when its time to sell.......You can't go wrong with either though........I really wanted a honda when I bought my 450 but couldn't deny that at least for me the KTM worked better, was a lot lighter.... needed nothing to go racing, and the build quality looked better to me......plus those dual pipes for me were extra shit I didn't want or need on a race bike....plus I felt the Honda was a smaller bike for my larger frame.......KTM for me.....wouldn't cry if I had to ride a Honda though.

The Shop

BobPA
10/28/2018 7:22pm
thanks quys, right now im leaning more to the honda. but what im concernd is that i have read that they suffer from bad headshake is...
thanks quys, right now im leaning more to the honda. but what im concernd is that i have read that they suffer from bad headshake is it true ? could you fit a steering damper from the older hondas to make them more stable ? how is the new honda engine holding up exept the clutch seems very weak.
No issues with headshake on the Honda’s I rode. My bro just put a clutch in his after 15 hours. If I didn’t ride orange, the Honda would be my second choice by far.
flymoto
10/29/2018 10:47am
I traded my crf last year for a 17 sxf.

Just alone, the build quality is night and day better than the crf. If you compare the quality of radiators, plastics etc you will see. I heavy landed on my crf and bend both radiators in with my knees. Then went through 2 sets just from slow crashes on a deep sand track. Most of the parts are made by weak metal. The clutch are rubbishb compared to the sxf, not only
The hydraulic but the plates are so much better. Brakes are brembo. Everything is
Just better made, Honda parts are made cheaply. I have rode a 18 crf and it was nice to ride. Both got strong engines. Next time you are at the track take a look around. Mainly ktm in Europe. Speaks for itself really.
vetmxr
10/29/2018 4:59pm
You can send your ass over the bars quickly with just one finger on the KTM........The front brake on a KTM will allow you to outbrake the others with one finger....The braking power is amazing and I've never felt brakes that strong on a stock machine.....Honda not so much...IMO

Post a reply to: 2018 CRF450 or 2018 SXF450

The Latest