2018 Arenacross

MXATC
Fantasy
2373rd
9/12/2017 11:08am
Hey Mike, Who do you have riding for you and how big of a program do you have put together? I was the owner/ manager of...
Hey Mike, Who do you have riding for you and how big of a program do you have put together? I was the owner/ manager of a Canadian motocross team the last few years but I have scaled down my program. For AX I just have one rider riding for me who I have been working with both on the bike and as a make shift "agent" / manager / mentor.

Where are you guys based out of and what can you tell us about your program?
I have what you might call a "hobby" team. I worked for AX many years in a lot of positions and I started helping a few...
I have what you might call a "hobby" team. I worked for AX many years in a lot of positions and I started helping a few riders get to the races around 2000. Since then I have had over 40 riders on board. Some didn't work out so good, some shined. I've had three British riders, one Canadian and one Mexican. I line up the sponsors and get a couple of bikes and we go racing. Some riders have their own bikes, some ride mine. They share expenses and I make sure that we get to every round. We have had a few wins and several podiums. Two of my riders have finished up 2nd in the AX Lites West, the class that we focus on. I don't make any money doing this, but hopefully my riders do and possibly move on to bigger things. I guess I am a mentor/agent/manager/mechanic/sponsor. When I rode Pro, I didn't have anyone helping me out. I always had a job and did everything on my own. Just giving something back to the sport that I've been hooked on since 1974. Oh yeah, I'm retired and don't play golf, go fishing or hunting. Just some free time and a Social Security check. Arkansas is our base, centrally located and mild weather in the winter. Arenacross track in the back yard.

DBM, you're not giving yourself nearly enough credit. You have an amazing facility there in Amity with a full motocross track, AX track, and trails so...
DBM, you're not giving yourself nearly enough credit. You have an amazing facility there in Amity with a full motocross track, AX track, and trails so praise yourself a little more than you have. We've ridden there many times and the track is always in great shape and you're more than hospitable with everyone that comes to ride. As far as your riders I've always seen your guys up front and doing well. Best of luck buddy in the '18 season.
I 2nd that Bramlett321. Mike has always had a great place to ride and train. If I was still racing that's where I'd be on any given weekend.
jmx411
9/12/2017 11:08am
I will be hitting the arenacross up in Florence SC!!!
MohMoto14
9/12/2017 12:12pm
308 wrote:
Bring back Des Moines Arenacross, please
I raced Des Moines one year on an 80, probably around 2001 when I was about 12 yrs old. Rode out from Ohio with a fellow d11 rider Chris Robertson and that is one long, boring, flat drive. Practiced our technique the whole way playing ATV fury 2 which even though I hate quads is still one of my favorites along with supercross circuit.

There were so many kids on the track for practice I don't think I got a clean lap in. I did not hit the finish line. So of course I pulled my annual 1 holeshot a year in the qualifier, seriously I make Mike Lorocco look like the holeshot king. Was so pumped I forgot the whole lap about the finish line, I hit it in 3Rd pinned and downsided it, my eyes were probably closed. Can't remember if I won or not but battled I believe Gilmore for it. He'd pass me somewhere on the track and Id get him back in the whoops. Wish we'd had the funds to do more of these, it was alot more fun than a local fair barn indoor and I was good at the tight stuff.
Bramlett321
9/12/2017 1:13pm
My riders will be at every round. If we ever find out where they are.
Hey DBM....Are you still working with Brandon Glenn?? I believe that's his name, I'd seen his name in several races but I didn't see anything this last season??

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/12/2017 6:07pm
I have been hearing lots of rumors that its not gonna happen. There has not been a schedule or even a date that they will be...
I have been hearing lots of rumors that its not gonna happen. There has not been a schedule or even a date that they will be announcing the dates.

At Loretta Lynn's there was a "schedule preview" they quietly posted. It had only 11 rounds on it and two of the dates DID NOT have a venue, it was listed as TBD.

To me it sounds like someone dropped the ball and was not working on closing deals with venues for 2018 during the 2017 season, when it should have been done. Then with the hurricane pounding Florida right now, I know the offices at FELD are all closed. So I doubt that anyone is working on getting this schedule done!

In my opinion I think we have a 65% chance that this 2018 AX season will not happen or it will be less then 10 rounds. What do I do with my riders who NEED to race AX so they can race Supercross? FELD and the powers that be BETTER work with us and help the riders looking for SX points get a Supercross license!

I know the hurricane is not their fault but the schedule should have been done and announced before the end of August
Can I change your username to Captain Wild Speculation?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/12/2017 6:10pm
If I'm going to wildly speculate, it would be that we see more Friday night events attached to SX races like last year in Atlanta.
Meister
9/12/2017 7:15pm
I hope your right guyb. Those are the only ones I'm interested in.
9/12/2017 7:25pm
My riders will be at every round. If we ever find out where they are.
Hey DBM....Are you still working with Brandon Glenn?? I believe that's his name, I'd seen his name in several races but I didn't see anything this...
Hey DBM....Are you still working with Brandon Glenn?? I believe that's his name, I'd seen his name in several races but I didn't see anything this last season??
Brandon retired from AX and went to college. He came back for LLs this year and rides locally. You never know, he may show up at round 1.
9/12/2017 7:26pm
GuyB wrote:
If I'm going to wildly speculate, it would be that we see more Friday night events attached to SX races like last year in Atlanta.
Don't put any money on that idea. No one from Supercross or Arenacross liked that marriage.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/12/2017 7:28pm
Don't put any money on that idea. No one from Supercross or Arenacross liked that marriage.
Fair enough. As I said, wild speculation on my part. Wink
MX Culture
9/12/2017 7:37pm
GuyB wrote:
not what I heard
Team MMR
9/13/2017 5:30am
Meister wrote:
I hope your right guyb. Those are the only ones I'm interested in.
Me too that would be freaking awesome!!!!
ARnvrbinfast937
Fantasy
2487th
9/13/2017 10:39am
GuyB wrote:
Sure go ahead, I know it all sounds crazy but I'm just relaying what my riders and guys within the FELD / AX staff have said.
The rumors and speculation are what make the boards fun!

Now again this is simply what I'm being told as I was not personally involved so I can't confirm any of this BUT.... I was told after the Atlanta experiment, that FELD was not happy with how it turned out. I was told that the meeting they scheduled after that weekend, to go over how everything went and doing more rounds like this moving forward, was cancelled. My buddys have taken this to mean that it was viewed as a "failure" and "won't happen again".

Personally I would like to see the Friday night rounds. only other way to make it better in my eyes is to have the AX season kick off following MONSTER CUP and run during the off season. That way guys in need of ROAD TO SUPERCROSS points can get them in time for west coast.

Guaranteed about 5% of all of this is true, and ZERO percent of it ever end up happening or coming to light but NO ONE should be taking any of all the rumors and speculation as fact. You know how people like to talk in the pits GUYB and since I am no longer managing a team anymore this is my entertainment now
NorCal 50+
9/13/2017 11:00am
I have been hearing "no more Arenacross" since the mid-2000s. It seems to always come through.

Post a reply to: 2018 Arenacross

The Latest