2018 Arenacross

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2017 3:45 PM

Has anyone heard any changes coming for the 2018 AMSOIL Arenacross season? There is no schedule announced yet and no date that they will be announcing it. Anyone planning on racing any rounds this year?

|

9/8/2017 6:06 PM

My riders will be at every round. If we ever find out where they are.

|

9/8/2017 6:44 PM

Honestly the biggest change needs to be when Arenacross runs. Now would be the perfect time for the Arenacross season. First it will fill the gap for fans that want to watch more moto racing (enduro cross is far to spread out to do it alone) and the supercross qualifier crap they have with it can happen before SX actually starts so if someone wants to race SX but needs those points, they can get it with out missing the season.

|

9/8/2017 7:50 PM

RangerLee wrote:

Honestly the biggest change needs to be when Arenacross runs. Now would be the perfect time for the Arenacross season. First it will fill the gap for fans that want to watch more moto racing (enduro cross is far to spread out to do it alone) and the supercross qualifier crap they have with it can happen before SX actually starts so if someone wants to race SX but needs those points, they can get it with out missing the season.

Agreed...this makes alot of sense for privateers too.

|

9/8/2017 7:56 PM

What's occupying majority of the arenas around this time on the weekends?

|

9/9/2017 11:39 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

What's occupying majority of the arenas around this time on the weekends?

basketball kicks off in october

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

9/10/2017 4:53 AM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

What's occupying majority of the arenas around this time on the weekends?

Phillip_Lamb wrote:

basketball kicks off in october

I dont think they go to any pro level arenas but i could be wrong. It seemed to me they were setup mostly in farm team and rodeo arenas. Rent could be cheaper in the winter though. Regardless, Feld has done a wonderful job of NOT creating excitement for the arenacross series.

|

9/10/2017 5:08 AM

Is there a chance this series won't happen? Seems strange to be 3 months away from the opening round with no info available. I raced AX for 2 years (98 and 99) and the series always started the first week of November. Was a good warm up to Supercross.

|

9/10/2017 7:30 AM

I wonder if they're having issues setting up logistics if they plan on doing a few in stadiums before SX? I'm waiting to hear to find out about those rounds.

|

9/10/2017 10:59 AM

Just my opinion but when Mike Kidd sold the series it was the end. There is no way the series should not be ran and over with when sx starts. Get someone that can see the vision of the series and go forward with it.

|

9/10/2017 11:33 AM

motoxxx599 wrote:

Is there a chance this series won't happen? Seems strange to be 3 months away from the opening round with no info available. I raced AX for 2 years (98 and 99) and the series always started the first week of November. Was a good warm up to Supercross.

I have been hearing lots of rumors that its not gonna happen. There has not been a schedule or even a date that they will be announcing the dates.

At Loretta Lynn's there was a "schedule preview" they quietly posted. It had only 11 rounds on it and two of the dates DID NOT have a venue, it was listed as TBD.

To me it sounds like someone dropped the ball and was not working on closing deals with venues for 2018 during the 2017 season, when it should have been done. Then with the hurricane pounding Florida right now, I know the offices at FELD are all closed. So I doubt that anyone is working on getting this schedule done!

In my opinion I think we have a 65% chance that this 2018 AX season will not happen or it will be less then 10 rounds. What do I do with my riders who NEED to race AX so they can race Supercross? FELD and the powers that be BETTER work with us and help the riders looking for SX points get a Supercross license!

I know the hurricane is not their fault but the schedule should have been done and announced before the end of August

|

9/10/2017 11:36 AM

dirtbikemike wrote:

My riders will be at every round. If we ever find out where they are.

Hey Mike, Who do you have riding for you and how big of a program do you have put together? I was the owner/ manager of a Canadian motocross team the last few years but I have scaled down my program. For AX I just have one rider riding for me who I have been working with both on the bike and as a make shift "agent" / manager / mentor.

Where are you guys based out of and what can you tell us about your program?

|

9/10/2017 3:34 PM

As a huge AX fan, that would really suck if it simply goes away.... Damn, watching this industry slowly die sucks..

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/10/2017 5:23 PM

dirtbikemike wrote:

My riders will be at every round. If we ever find out where they are.

ARnvrbinfast937 wrote:

Hey Mike, Who do you have riding for you and how big of a program do you have put together? I was the owner/ manager of a Canadian motocross team the last few years but I have scaled down my program. For AX I just have one rider riding for me who I have been working with both on the bike and as a make shift "agent" / manager / mentor.

Where are you guys based out of and what can you tell us about your program?

I have what you might call a "hobby" team. I worked for AX many years in a lot of positions and I started helping a few riders get to the races around 2000. Since then I have had over 40 riders on board. Some didn't work out so good, some shined. I've had three British riders, one Canadian and one Mexican. I line up the sponsors and get a couple of bikes and we go racing. Some riders have their own bikes, some ride mine. They share expenses and I make sure that we get to every round. We have had a few wins and several podiums. Two of my riders have finished up 2nd in the AX Lites West, the class that we focus on. I don't make any money doing this, but hopefully my riders do and possibly move on to bigger things. I guess I am a mentor/agent/manager/mechanic/sponsor. When I rode Pro, I didn't have anyone helping me out. I always had a job and did everything on my own. Just giving something back to the sport that I've been hooked on since 1974. Oh yeah, I'm retired and don't play golf, go fishing or hunting. Just some free time and a Social Security check. Arkansas is our base, centrally located and mild weather in the winter. Arenacross track in the back yard. Photo



|

9/10/2017 7:14 PM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

What's occupying majority of the arenas around this time on the weekends?

Phillip_Lamb wrote:

basketball kicks off in october

early wrote:

I dont think they go to any pro level arenas but i could be wrong. It seemed to me they were setup mostly in farm team and rodeo arenas. Rent could be cheaper in the winter though. Regardless, Feld has done a wonderful job of NOT creating excitement for the arenacross series.

Yeah back when I did the series in 05-06 the only arena we went to that was home to a pro team was The Delta Center for the Utah Jazz. They definitely need to move the series start back to November like it used to be.

|

9/10/2017 7:20 PM

I know Kyle Regal is planning on racing. They should start it the weekend of Monster Cup and they could have AX Friday, Cup on Saturday and AX on Sunday in Vegas. seems perfect. Then riders could get their Road to SX points.

|

9/10/2017 8:52 PM

racingfortheson wrote:

I know Kyle Regal is planning on racing. They should start it the weekend of Monster Cup and they could have AX Friday, Cup on Saturday and AX on Sunday in Vegas. seems perfect. Then riders could get their Road to SX points.

that is a really good idea.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

9/10/2017 8:54 PM

I checked some of the venues from last year and so far no one has anything listed.

|

9/10/2017 9:13 PM

racingfortheson wrote:

I know Kyle Regal is planning on racing. They should start it the weekend of Monster Cup and they could have AX Friday, Cup on Saturday and AX on Sunday in Vegas. seems perfect. Then riders could get their Road to SX points.

MX Culture wrote:

that is a really good idea.

Yeah, but what are the chances anyone from the AMA would listen. I say 2018 AX should start in the Fall.

|

9/11/2017 4:48 AM

racingfortheson wrote:

Yeah, but what are the chances anyone from the AMA would listen. I say 2018 AX should start in the Fall.

Maybe that's why they're not announcing anything yet. Having it in the fall of 2017 would have been too soon. They can't have a series in the winter of 2018 if they wanna have one in the fall... So I'm thinking we'll see an announcement for a fall 2018 series soon.

|

www.morphgloves.com low priced gloves

9/11/2017 6:32 AM

racingfortheson wrote:

I know Kyle Regal is planning on racing. They should start it the weekend of Monster Cup and they could have AX Friday, Cup on Saturday and AX on Sunday in Vegas. seems perfect. Then riders could get their Road to SX points.

Its just too perfect. Start the series in vegas the weekend of monster cup and end it in socal the friday before A1.

|

9/11/2017 6:38 AM

racingfortheson wrote:

I know Kyle Regal is planning on racing. They should start it the weekend of Monster Cup and they could have AX Friday, Cup on Saturday and AX on Sunday in Vegas. seems perfect. Then riders could get their Road to SX points.

early wrote:

Its just too perfect. Start the series in vegas the weekend of monster cup and end it in socal the friday before A1.

That's not a bad idea

|

9/11/2017 7:57 AM

dirtbikemike wrote:

I have what you might call a "hobby" team. I worked for AX many years in a lot of positions and I started helping a few riders get to the races around 2000. Since then I have had over 40 riders on board. Some didn't work out so good, some shined. I've had three British riders, one Canadian and one Mexican. I line up the sponsors and get a couple of bikes and we go racing. Some riders have their own bikes, some ride mine. They share expenses and I make sure that we get to every round. We have had a few wins and several podiums. Two of my riders have finished up 2nd in the AX Lites West, the class that we focus on. I don't make any money doing this, but hopefully my riders do and possibly move on to bigger things. I guess I am a mentor/agent/manager/mechanic/sponsor. When I rode Pro, I didn't have anyone helping me out. I always had a job and did everything on my own. Just giving something back to the sport that I've been hooked on since 1974. Oh yeah, I'm retired and don't play golf, go fishing or hunting. Just some free time and a Social Security check. Arkansas is our base, centrally located and mild weather in the winter. Arenacross track in the back yard. Photo



You forgot to add "still racing and training for the Vet World Championships".... wink

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

9/11/2017 8:01 AM

Bring back Des Moines Arenacross, please

|

9/11/2017 8:17 AM

mb60 wrote:

Just my opinion but when Mike Kidd sold the series it was the end. There is no way the series should not be ran and over with when sx starts. Get someone that can see the vision of the series and go forward with it.

I did like the way he ran the series with a vision in mind. Riders could make a good living racing AX.

|

9/12/2017 4:19 AM

I had heard from someone who has some internal connections that Ricky Carmichael does not wanna be involved anymore..... AGAIN JUST WHAT I HEARD! With that being said it would not be the Ricky Carmichael's road to supercross. So maybe they are trying to figure something out? However i emailed Arenacross (sent august 7th) and asked about a schedule, was told it would be out that weekend or beginning of following week. Then followed up with a email on August 21st and was told still no schedule. On there social media accounts lots of people have been asking about the schedule and they have not commented back. I really hope there is a season because I really look forward to Arenacross and put alot of my focus on it.

|

9/12/2017 5:05 AM

Lining up arena's shouldn't be too big of a deal...Feld has very solid relationships with most arenas & stadiums due to their other large events: Disney on Ice, Monster Jam, Marvel Live & Sesame Street Live. My guess is there will be a significant changes the AX series that will make it more complementary to SX. My college just released their Men's Basketball schedule yesterday...in major college arena's such as the Century Link Center in Omaha they probably have to wait until all the sports schedules are released and finalized.

|

Long Live the 2 Stroke!

9/12/2017 7:03 AM

Well just got word that Round #1 will be in Dayton Ohio at the Nutter Center Jan 7 & 8, rest of schedule will be released soon.

|

9/12/2017 7:17 AM

Photo

|

9/12/2017 10:29 AM

dirtbikemike wrote:

My riders will be at every round. If we ever find out where they are.

ARnvrbinfast937 wrote:

Hey Mike, Who do you have riding for you and how big of a program do you have put together? I was the owner/ manager of a Canadian motocross team the last few years but I have scaled down my program. For AX I just have one rider riding for me who I have been working with both on the bike and as a make shift "agent" / manager / mentor.

Where are you guys based out of and what can you tell us about your program?

dirtbikemike wrote:

I have what you might call a "hobby" team. I worked for AX many years in a lot of positions and I started helping a few riders get to the races around 2000. Since then I have had over 40 riders on board. Some didn't work out so good, some shined. I've had three British riders, one Canadian and one Mexican. I line up the sponsors and get a couple of bikes and we go racing. Some riders have their own bikes, some ride mine. They share expenses and I make sure that we get to every round. We have had a few wins and several podiums. Two of my riders have finished up 2nd in the AX Lites West, the class that we focus on. I don't make any money doing this, but hopefully my riders do and possibly move on to bigger things. I guess I am a mentor/agent/manager/mechanic/sponsor. When I rode Pro, I didn't have anyone helping me out. I always had a job and did everything on my own. Just giving something back to the sport that I've been hooked on since 1974. Oh yeah, I'm retired and don't play golf, go fishing or hunting. Just some free time and a Social Security check. Arkansas is our base, centrally located and mild weather in the winter. Arenacross track in the back yard. Photo



DBM, you're not giving yourself nearly enough credit. You have an amazing facility there in Amity with a full motocross track, AX track, and trails so praise yourself a little more than you have. We've ridden there many times and the track is always in great shape and you're more than hospitable with everyone that comes to ride. As far as your riders I've always seen your guys up front and doing well. Best of luck buddy in the '18 season.

|