2018.5 KTM Factory Edition...ETA?

mx317
4/11/2018 1:24pm
I'm going to get a 19 Husky or KTM when they come out. I would hate to even ride those bikes Digger, they are so "Purdy".
Digger29
4/12/2018 1:42pm
Huckster wrote:
#1 bike looks faster
The rider is faster but the bike definitely is not :-)
Digger29
4/25/2018 2:23pm
mx317 wrote:
I'm going to get a 19 Husky or KTM when they come out. I would hate to even ride those bikes Digger, they are so "Purdy".
Thanks a bunch :-) I was able to through a friend to get my hands on the FMF head pipe for my bike last wk. They're on backorder until June 1st. I'm definitely impressed with the right off of an idle snap and middle punch from it. Will hopefully run it on the dyno this week for some fine tuning.

The Shop

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1957th
4/26/2018 1:37am
mx317 wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
Thanks a bunch :-) I was able to through a friend to get my hands on the FMF head pipe for my bike last wk. They're...
Thanks a bunch :-) I was able to through a friend to get my hands on the FMF head pipe for my bike last wk. They're on backorder until June 1st. I'm definitely impressed with the right off of an idle snap and middle punch from it. Will hopefully run it on the dyno this week for some fine tuning.
Where did you set the TPS with the full system? We are putting ours on next week!

Anyone else getting water in the air box while washing? Yes I am using a twin air cover, but still getting water in the air boot...
greg570
4/26/2018 2:28am
Digger29 wrote:
Did this one for a buddy this morning. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/04/11/254918/s1200_Resized_20180411_115220.jpg[/img]
Did this one for a buddy this morning.

Number 1 bike chain is too loose...
Digger29
4/26/2018 10:32am
mx317 wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
Thanks a bunch :-) I was able to through a friend to get my hands on the FMF head pipe for my bike last wk. They're...
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Where did you set the TPS with the full system? We are putting ours on next week! Anyone else getting water in the air box while...
Where did you set the TPS with the full system? We are putting ours on next week!

Anyone else getting water in the air box while washing? Yes I am using a twin air cover, but still getting water in the air boot...
I'm at 64 with the full system, cut air box cover, DT1 screen-less cage and the full system. A buddy was here last night who has an 18 450SX-F and he was complaining about the off idle stumble and the decal pop with his 450 and I started mine and he was like "that thing Fn barks and doesn't sound anything like his 450" My bike is so crisp that when you blip the throttle it just barks and revs so fast. I haven't seen any water in the air-box but I've only washed it twice. I'll be checking from this point forward though. I'm impressed with just how responsive the throttle is without any remapping yet.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/26/2018 9:10pm
Digger29 wrote:
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Where did you set the TPS with the full system? We are putting ours on next week! Anyone else getting water in the air box while...

Digger29 wrote:
I'm at 64 with the full system, cut air box cover, DT1 screen-less cage and the full system. A buddy was here last night who has...
I'm at 64 with the full system, cut air box cover, DT1 screen-less cage and the full system. A buddy was here last night who has an 18 450SX-F and he was complaining about the off idle stumble and the decal pop with his 450 and I started mine and he was like "that thing Fn barks and doesn't sound anything like his 450" My bike is so crisp that when you blip the throttle it just barks and revs so fast. I haven't seen any water in the air-box but I've only washed it twice. I'll be checking from this point forward though. I'm impressed with just how responsive the throttle is without any remapping yet.
Hey Digger, how’s the OEM battery? Did you replace it?
Digger29
4/27/2018 6:45am
sgrimmxdad wrote:

Digger29 wrote:
I'm at 64 with the full system, cut air box cover, DT1 screen-less cage and the full system. A buddy was here last night who has...
So far so good Joe. I didn't have any issues with last yrs either but my previous 2 were shit as you know and had to be replaced immediately.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
4/27/2018 8:34am
Digger29 wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
So far so good Joe. I didn't have any issues with last yrs either but my previous 2 were shit as you know and had to...
So far so good Joe. I didn't have any issues with last yrs either but my previous 2 were shit as you know and had to be replaced immediately.
Is it the same dimensions as the old? Just wondering if I should keep my WPS battery for a 19?
Digger29
4/27/2018 11:50am
Digger29 wrote:
So far so good Joe. I didn't have any issues with last yrs either but my previous 2 were shit as you know and had to...
Is it the same dimensions as the old? Just wondering if I should keep my WPS battery for a 19?
They actually went to a different sized battery last yr so the WPS battery's that we ran in 15 and 16 didn't fit in our 17 FE450.
mx46crf450
4/27/2018 1:39pm
Digger29 wrote:
Got the new updated graphics on today. Added some blue and orange to try and break up all of the white on the back half of...
Got the new updated graphics on today. Added some blue and orange to try and break up all of the white on the back half of the bike.

Digger
your ignition cover. black? where can I get one? is it a production one off of a SXF450?
thanks jeff
Digger29
4/27/2018 5:57pm
Digger29 wrote:
Got the new updated graphics on today. Added some blue and orange to try and break up all of the white on the back half of...
Got the new updated graphics on today. Added some blue and orange to try and break up all of the white on the back half of the bike.

mx46crf450 wrote:
Digger
your ignition cover. black? where can I get one? is it a production one off of a SXF450?
thanks jeff
Hey Jeff, I had the ignition and oil filter covers on my last 3 450 FE's powder coated the same color as the Hinson clutch cover. This yr I had them cerakoted but he only had a dozen colors or so and none were even close to the brownish black of the Hinson so I had him do them in matte black. They're not holding up nearly as good so I'm having him powder coat another set that I've got here in the color that matches the Hinson cover.
JB479
4/27/2018 9:37pm
How do everyones cone valves feel on the new chassis? Are they in need of a revalve?
mx46crf450
4/29/2018 2:10pm
Digger29 wrote:

mx46crf450 wrote:
Digger
thanks jeff
Digger
Thanks.
Jeff
Eddieg15
5/6/2018 11:09am
Finally completed except for a lil more bling. If you're looking for a pipe my dealer has 3 more
5/6/2018 11:21am
Eddieg15 wrote:
Finally completed except for a lil more bling. If you're looking for a pipe my dealer has 3 more [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/06/259558/s1200_IMG_0874.jpg[/img]
Finally completed except for a lil more bling. If you're looking for a pipe my dealer has 3 more
What dealer is that
jwoltz
5/6/2018 12:16pm
Digger, when you do your tps, where do you have your idle screw at turn wise prior to adjusting. Thanks.
Digger29
5/7/2018 10:27am
jwoltz wrote:
Digger, when you do your tps, where do you have your idle screw at turn wise prior to adjusting. Thanks.
You need the idle backed all the way out so if you're using the Best Dual sport tps tool just plug it in and you'll see what your TPS's starting voltage is at when the idle is set at the factory of 2200 and it should read .55. Then start backing the idle screw out until the voltage stops going down. For example while plugged in you're going to see .55 then voltage will start going down while you're backing the idle knob out. Most every bike that I've done ends up at .38 -.39 and when you get there and voltage is no longer changing while you're still back the idle screw out you're ready to loosen the 2 torx bolts on the TPS plug and make your adjustment. I've been marking the idle red knob with a black marker and counting the turns out so I can go back and it will start right up and you'll still need to adjust the idle because it will change after the TPS adjustment. Feel free to call me if you get stuck on something and have a question. 508 243 1232 Mike
Tim507
5/7/2018 11:53am
I have the Best Dual Sport tool..
So, to be correct:
1) Hook up BDS Tool
2) Mark idle screw with a sharpie
3) Start bike
4) See voltage a .55 + -
5) Back Idle out until reach .38 + -
6) Reach .38 + - then
7) loosen TPS
8) Set TPS at .64 + -
9) Re-set Idle

Thanks'

Tim
Tim507
5/7/2018 11:57am
Now to see how it works!
jwoltz
5/7/2018 12:26pm
jwoltz wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
You need the idle backed all the way out so if you're using the Best Dual sport tps tool just plug it in and you'll see...
You need the idle backed all the way out so if you're using the Best Dual sport tps tool just plug it in and you'll see what your TPS's starting voltage is at when the idle is set at the factory of 2200 and it should read .55. Then start backing the idle screw out until the voltage stops going down. For example while plugged in you're going to see .55 then voltage will start going down while you're backing the idle knob out. Most every bike that I've done ends up at .38 -.39 and when you get there and voltage is no longer changing while you're still back the idle screw out you're ready to loosen the 2 torx bolts on the TPS plug and make your adjustment. I've been marking the idle red knob with a black marker and counting the turns out so I can go back and it will start right up and you'll still need to adjust the idle because it will change after the TPS adjustment. Feel free to call me if you get stuck on something and have a question. 508 243 1232 Mike
Thank you very much.
Digger29
5/7/2018 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 12:30pm
Tim507 wrote:
I have the Best Dual Sport tool.. So, to be correct: 1) Hook up BDS Tool 2) Mark idle screw with a sharpie 3) Start bike...
So, to be correct:
1) Hook up BDS Tool
3) Start bike
4) See voltage a .55 + -
6) Reach .38 + - then
7) loosen TPS
8) Set TPS at .64 + -
9) Re-set Idle

Thanks'

Tim
No need to start it Tim because the Best Dual sport TPS tool has a battery and it's supplying power for you. Just back the idle out until the numbers stop going down and that's right around .38-.39. Then adjust the TPS plug and your finally setting will somewhere between .60 and .64. It's trial and error by starting it and seeing how easy it starts and how easy and quickly it revs up. When it starts by barely tapping the button and revs very quickly and without any hesitation whatsoever tighten the torx on the TPS plug because you're done :-) Mike
Flyer523
5/7/2018 12:31pm
Is this for that pipe(FMF) or any pipe? Thanks
woodsryder
Fantasy
3303rd
5/7/2018 12:34pm
723 wrote:
What dealer is that
Star City Powersports in Roanoke, VA has the FMF 4.1 muffler in stock for the Factory Edition.
Tim507
5/7/2018 12:35pm
Tim507 wrote:
I have the Best Dual Sport tool.. So, to be correct: 1) Hook up BDS Tool 2) Mark idle screw with a sharpie 3) Start bike...
So, to be correct:
1) Hook up BDS Tool
3) Start bike
4) See voltage a .55 + -
6) Reach .38 + - then
7) loosen TPS
8) Set TPS at .64 + -
9) Re-set Idle

Thanks'

Tim
Digger29 wrote:
No need to start it Tim because the Best Dual sport TPS tool has a battery and it's supplying power for you. Just back the idle...
No need to start it Tim because the Best Dual sport TPS tool has a battery and it's supplying power for you. Just back the idle out until the numbers stop going down and that's right around .38-.39. Then adjust the TPS plug and your finally setting will somewhere between .60 and .64. It's trial and error by starting it and seeing how easy it starts and how easy and quickly it revs up. When it starts by barely tapping the button and revs very quickly and without any hesitation whatsoever tighten the torx on the TPS plug because you're done :-) Mike
Thanks Mike - the BDS tool is brand new.....
Tim507
5/7/2018 12:38pm
Flyer523 wrote:
Is this for that pipe(FMF) or any pipe? Thanks
This is a modded stock header. I purchased a second one and then bought some 304 SS mandrel bends on line. Spent about 4 hours or so Saturday fitting it all. It was welded by a friend this morning. The length is similar to the MX1 KTM factory bikesp

Post a reply to: 2018.5 KTM Factory Edition...ETA?

The Latest