2018.5 KTM Factory Edition...ETA?

Eddieg15
3/18/2018 7:41am
Garrett314 wrote:
Finally made it back to Atlanta to pick up my bike. Cranked perfectly at the dealership leaving today. Made the 6 hour drive home and the...
Finally made it back to Atlanta to pick up my bike. Cranked perfectly at the dealership leaving today. Made the 6 hour drive home and the battery wasn’t strong enough to crank the bike. Will any trickle charger made for motorcycles work? Did I do something wrong for the battery to die? First time ktm owner
cody41 wrote:
I had a 2016 and the exact same thing happened to me. Fired up fine at the dealership, and when I got home it wouldn’t start...
I had a 2016 and the exact same thing happened to me. Fired up fine at the dealership, and when I got home it wouldn’t start. I used the 3 seconds on and 15 seconds off starting method. Ended up draining the battery. Fully charged it 3 times, did the same starting method, and it still didn’t start. Then one day it randomly started. I swear people are brain washed by ktm. Those bikes are piles of over priced junk. I will never own another. The only people who say they’re good are the ones who are extremely brand loyal, and those who brainwashed themselves that it’s good because they spent so much to buy one. People buy them because of the hype, over hype themselves, and end up realizing it’s junk and move on.
Pile of junk. 15 Kx450 16 hrs I gave up trying. Invested 2k to try to make it handle. Bought my first ktm now my second. Won't go back jap
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
3/21/2018 1:59am
Dealer said mine shipped Tuesday, hope to have first of next week! Can't wait!
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
3/21/2018 8:55am Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 9:02am
Just got this pic from our dealer, on the way to go pick her up!

The Shop

sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
1936th
3/21/2018 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 2:04am
Here she is!

Digger29
3/22/2018 7:39am
Spent a few more hrs on her yesterday and she's coming along nicely. Dealer just called and the FMF pipe should be in tomorrow and then she's going on the dyno for some mapping and fine tuning.

mxb2
3/22/2018 7:52am
Digger29 wrote:
Spent a few more hrs on her yesterday and she's coming along nicely. Dealer just called and the FMF pipe should be in tomorrow and then...
Spent a few more hrs on her yesterday and she's coming along nicely. Dealer just called and the FMF pipe should be in tomorrow and then she's going on the dyno for some mapping and fine tuning.

Whats the ride review compared to last years?
mxb2
3/22/2018 7:53am
sgrimmxdad wrote:
Here she is! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/21/251121/s1200_KTM2.jpg[/img]
Here she is!

Nice. Congrats
Digger29
3/22/2018 8:15am
Digger29 wrote:
Spent a few more hrs on her yesterday and she's coming along nicely. Dealer just called and the FMF pipe should be in tomorrow and then...

mxb2 wrote:
I haven't been able to ride it because we've had some seriously shitty weather here in Ma with snow storms each week for the last 3-4 wks dumping 20" each time, I feel like I'm living in Canada :-( It's melting fast and I'll hopefully be able to ride it next weekend. My 2 buddy's who got theirs the day I got mine immediately headed to Florida and both have over 8hrs on them and they both love them. They both are saying that it feels much lighter than last yrs and that it corners even better especially in the rutted turns because you can slide right up the gas cap entering the turns. They both feel that this is best rear suspension yet and that the forks while being very good are still air forks and they're both old school and want spring forks and both have already installed cone valves. On map 2 the power is better right off idle where in my opinion the bike needs it the most. That's all I know at the moment.
captmoto
3/22/2018 8:31am
cody41 wrote:
I had a 2016 and the exact same thing happened to me. Fired up fine at the dealership, and when I got home it wouldn’t start...
I had a 2016 and the exact same thing happened to me. Fired up fine at the dealership, and when I got home it wouldn’t start. I used the 3 seconds on and 15 seconds off starting method. Ended up draining the battery. Fully charged it 3 times, did the same starting method, and it still didn’t start. Then one day it randomly started. I swear people are brain washed by ktm. Those bikes are piles of over priced junk. I will never own another. The only people who say they’re good are the ones who are extremely brand loyal, and those who brainwashed themselves that it’s good because they spent so much to buy one. People buy them because of the hype, over hype themselves, and end up realizing it’s junk and move on.
So what else has you convinced they are junk. Junk like a Chinese bike junk? What drama caused this extreme opinion for you? Did it completely fall apart on you? Did KTM just flat out reject any claims you made? I have a 17 Husky FC450. No problems at all with it. I got off a "magical" Honda CR250 and don't even miss it a little bit. .
calvinm48
3/22/2018 8:33am
Digger29 wrote:

Digger, who did you get your graphics done by ?
Looking for a company that has the new templates.
I need numbers for the new RE
Digger29
3/22/2018 8:55am
Decal Works has the templates because they're doing factory KTM and Husky's stuff this year. They fit perfect. Please tell them that you saw my bike on here because I told them that I would post pics and plug them :-)
calvinm48
3/22/2018 9:01am
Digger29 wrote:
Decal Works has the templates because they're doing factory KTM and Husky's stuff this year. They fit perfect. Please tell them that you saw my bike...
Decal Works has the templates because they're doing factory KTM and Husky's stuff this year. They fit perfect. Please tell them that you saw my bike on here because I told them that I would post pics and plug them :-)
Ok thanks
mxb2
3/22/2018 9:24am
Digger29 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
I haven't been able to ride it because we've had some seriously shitty weather here in Ma with snow storms each week for the last 3-4...
I haven't been able to ride it because we've had some seriously shitty weather here in Ma with snow storms each week for the last 3-4 wks dumping 20" each time, I feel like I'm living in Canada :-( It's melting fast and I'll hopefully be able to ride it next weekend. My 2 buddy's who got theirs the day I got mine immediately headed to Florida and both have over 8hrs on them and they both love them. They both are saying that it feels much lighter than last yrs and that it corners even better especially in the rutted turns because you can slide right up the gas cap entering the turns. They both feel that this is best rear suspension yet and that the forks while being very good are still air forks and they're both old school and want spring forks and both have already installed cone valves. On map 2 the power is better right off idle where in my opinion the bike needs it the most. That's all I know at the moment.
Thanks.
cousinskeet
3/22/2018 3:31pm
Digger29 wrote:

Do you have a trax shock on the new bike? Or did the trax from your 17 fit?
3/22/2018 3:42pm
Digger29 wrote:

I was told the pipes won’t be out until late April. I even ordered one from AOMC and they said they could have it in 3 days then called back saying it was on back order until late April also.
calvinm48
3/22/2018 5:00pm
Digger29 wrote:

Billy at powerband told me the current shock will work
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
3/22/2018 10:30pm
Digger29 wrote:

calvinm48 wrote:
Billy at powerband told me the current shock will work
The Husky guys said the 16-18 Trax shock will fit the 18RE so FE should be the same
calvinm48
3/23/2018 7:08am
Digger29 wrote:

723 wrote:
I was told the pipes won’t be out until late April. I even ordered one from AOMC and they said they could have it in 3...
I was told the pipes won’t be out until late April. I even ordered one from AOMC and they said they could have it in 3 days then called back saying it was on back order until late April also.
Brutal
Considering they emailed a month ago and put this big rush on offering the pipe before they all sold. I’m being told end of April for the muffler and may for the header. Wtf
Digger29
3/23/2018 7:19am
Digger29 wrote:

723 wrote:
I was told the pipes won’t be out until late April. I even ordered one from AOMC and they said they could have it in 3...
calvinm48 wrote:
Brutal Considering they emailed a month ago and put this big rush on offering the pipe before they all sold. I’m being told end of April...
Brutal
Considering they emailed a month ago and put this big rush on offering the pipe before they all sold. I’m being told end of April for the muffler and may for the header. Wtf
My FMF slip on will definitely be here today and they just got an email saying that the head pipes won't be here until next month. The first batch of slip ons sold out immediately and that's probably why yours isn't coming in until next month. FMF only made a limited number of them because there are so few bikes out there.
calvinm48
3/23/2018 7:23am
723 wrote:
calvinm48 wrote:
Brutal Considering they emailed a month ago and put this big rush on offering the pipe before they all sold. I’m being told end of April...
Brutal
Digger29 wrote:
My FMF slip on will definitely be here today and they just got an email saying that the head pipes won't be here until next month...
My FMF slip on will definitely be here today and they just got an email saying that the head pipes won't be here until next month. The first batch of slip ons sold out immediately and that's probably why yours isn't coming in until next month. FMF only made a limited number of them because there are so few bikes out there.
Bummer, I ordered my the day they emailed the dealer. Ordered a month ago
MX915
3/23/2018 7:35am
When you guys look at the new frame, are their any noticeable changes as to the material/members in terms of beefing them up? Compared to the previous gen. model of course. It was noted in MXA for both the Husky RE and KTM FE model that they were increasing the down tube/head tube area.
Digger29
3/23/2018 7:49am
calvinm48 wrote:
Brutal
Digger29 wrote:
My FMF slip on will definitely be here today and they just got an email saying that the head pipes won't be here until next month...
calvinm48 wrote:
That was the problem then. I emailed my dealer a huge list of parts the first wk of Feb and then the rep told me that he had heard the first run of them sold out immediately and that I had better hope that my dealer got my order in on that first run. I called them after speaking with him and they said it was absolutely ordered because they had received and email confirmation of it well before I got my bike. They called me on Tuesday and said it would be here on Friday (today) That being said I didn't get a pipe until June for my 15 FE and all it had was a 2 stroke air filter cage, Tokyo Mods remap and Renegade SX4 and my bike was a rocket and had way more power than I'd ever use so don't worry your bike will be PLENTY fast without a pipe on it :-)
Digger29
3/23/2018 7:56am
MX915 wrote:
When you guys look at the new frame, are their any noticeable changes as to the material/members in terms of beefing them up? Compared to the...
When you guys look at the new frame, are their any noticeable changes as to the material/members in terms of beefing them up? Compared to the previous gen. model of course. It was noted in MXA for both the Husky RE and KTM FE model that they were increasing the down tube/head tube area.
I haven't seen anything different but I'd need my last yrs bike in front of me to make any real comparisons. I've had all of the plastic off of mine so my graphics guy could template the plastic too.
3/23/2018 8:00am
723 wrote:
calvinm48 wrote:
Brutal
Digger29 wrote:
I was told I could get a slip on but I said I would just wait for the full system. Kinda shitty they only made a limited number of them to begin with.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/23/2018 8:11am
Iwannaride wrote:
I rode my '13 at Budds Creek Saturday; She's always been reliable we usually get along well. I'm not a big fan of the recent track...
I rode my '13 at Budds Creek Saturday; She's always been reliable we usually get along well. I'm not a big fan of the recent track changes, but Hey "it is what it is" but didn't feel comfortable. I left her behind and brought the '18 FE out Sunday (different track). WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Very Light and compact allowing me to make mid-air corrections with ease. MAP1 is very mild but is still responsive with turn of throttle; allowing me to turn and jump in 3rd when I normally have to do it in 2nd. Broke her in using stock settings. The '18 FE inspires confidence and had me turning better than usual. Traction control was new to me and i'll play with MAP2 + TC next time. Nothing but great things to say THEN THIS!!!

cody41 wrote:
Is the hole shot engaged ?
Iwannaride wrote:
I wish it was engaged, but no it isn't.
Bummer man!!! Second 18.5 FE with this issue. Hopefully they take care of it for you asap!
MX915
3/23/2018 8:15am
Digger29 wrote:
I haven't seen anything different but I'd need my last yrs bike in front of me to make any real comparisons. I've had all of the...
I haven't seen anything different but I'd need my last yrs bike in front of me to make any real comparisons. I've had all of the plastic off of mine so my graphics guy could template the plastic too.
Thanks. I imagine small changes to tubing thickness can do a lot to affect chassis feel, but I wasn't sure if there were any blatantly obvious differences. To be honest, I'm not even sure if they know what was changed. 50% of the articles you read say they increased "longitudinal" stiffness and the other 50% say "torsional". Who knows.

BTW Nice ride.
JB479
3/25/2018 2:03am
Sorry if its been covered but does anyone know if triple clamps (16-18) will fit on the new chassis, found a deal on a set of xtrigs. Not sure whether to pull the trigger if they wont fit on the new bike.
mx317
3/25/2018 4:57am
JB479 wrote:
Sorry if its been covered but does anyone know if triple clamps (16-18) will fit on the new chassis, found a deal on a set of...
Sorry if its been covered but does anyone know if triple clamps (16-18) will fit on the new chassis, found a deal on a set of xtrigs. Not sure whether to pull the trigger if they wont fit on the new bike.
I read somewhere they would, but they changed the stiffness of the stock clamps to match the new frame.
calvinm48
3/26/2018 6:53pm
Digger29 wrote:
calvinm48 wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
That was the problem then. I emailed my dealer a huge list of parts the first wk of Feb and then the rep told me that...
That was the problem then. I emailed my dealer a huge list of parts the first wk of Feb and then the rep told me that he had heard the first run of them sold out immediately and that I had better hope that my dealer got my order in on that first run. I called them after speaking with him and they said it was absolutely ordered because they had received and email confirmation of it well before I got my bike. They called me on Tuesday and said it would be here on Friday (today) That being said I didn't get a pipe until June for my 15 FE and all it had was a 2 stroke air filter cage, Tokyo Mods remap and Renegade SX4 and my bike was a rocket and had way more power than I'd ever use so don't worry your bike will be PLENTY fast without a pipe on it :-)
Did you get the slip on Friday ??

Post a reply to: 2018.5 KTM Factory Edition...ETA?

The Latest