2017 silly season

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/8/2016 5:03pm
GuyB wrote:
It's not intended as a diss on Wil. This is geared more for the 2017 season.
Yeah, is he no longer racing in Australia for 2017?
Also, I think it's safe to say Weimer is signed (or fixing to) with RCH. Wink

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/8/2016 5:04pm
Brayton to MotoConcepts
Bisceglia to Star
Bowers to motorcycle superstore
I'd heard about a potential deal for Justin at MotoConcepts, but was waiting on a confirmation.
Matt Bisceglia had a test ride with the team and really likes the bike...similar deal. Waiting on more info.
Hadn't heard that one for Bowers. We still have Jimmy listed as riding. We'll have to see if he continues on racing, or steps back into more of a managerial role.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/8/2016 5:05pm
colintrax wrote:
Yeah, is he no longer racing in Australia for 2017? Also, I think it's safe to say Weimer is signed (or fixing to) with RCH. ;)...
Yeah, is he no longer racing in Australia for 2017?
Also, I think it's safe to say Weimer is signed (or fixing to) with RCH. Wink

Is that for the Soaring Eagle race? '16 sponsors...
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/8/2016 5:06pm
GuyB wrote:
Is that for the Soaring Eagle race? '16 sponsors...
Ignore me Pinch

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/8/2016 5:08pm
colintrax wrote:
Ignore me Pinch
I'd be stoked to see him back again with the RCH gang.
9/8/2016 5:33pm
Listed is 51 fifty energy drink, but no riders. Will they still have a team? That might be a stupid question, but oh well
GuyB wrote:
There are a few like that. I didn't want to carry over rosters from last season, and have no current information for them.
Thanks!
USMCMXer
9/8/2016 5:42pm
GuyB wrote:
I'd heard about a potential deal for Justin at MotoConcepts, but was waiting on a confirmation. Matt Bisceglia had a test ride with the team and...
I'd heard about a potential deal for Justin at MotoConcepts, but was waiting on a confirmation.
Matt Bisceglia had a test ride with the team and really likes the bike...similar deal. Waiting on more info.
Hadn't heard that one for Bowers. We still have Jimmy listed as riding. We'll have to see if he continues on racing, or steps back into more of a managerial role.
GuyB, is Grant really gonna do the all A-Stars deal like Tomac, and leave Shift/Fox, as you have it listed, or is that simply a copy/paste error? I think he fits the Shift MX fam well, and hadn't heard any of that changing?
GD2
Fantasy
815th
9/8/2016 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2016 5:44pm
Weimer is contracted with Suzuki until the SMX Cup thing. So him riding for them right now does not mean anything for 2017.

This is completely hypothetical, and there are a few things that would have to change for this to happen, but I'd like to see Cunningham, Bowers, Renzland, and Albertson (he's riding on an SX track in OK right now which makes me think he'll race next year) on the Motorcycle Superstore team. That'd be a pretty solid team for a program that will be in its second year of existence. Also, I know that there have been rumors about Hsu coming over to the U.S. so I wouldn't be surprised to see him under Jimmy's tent for '17.
9/8/2016 5:47pm
Any word on the Stew bros. ? Malcolm is listed with Geico but I didnt think that was for sure. Haven't heard much about them since there Bass Pro Shop Husky Deal fell Through
GD2
Fantasy
815th
9/8/2016 5:51pm
colintrax wrote:
"Yeah, is he no longer racing in Australia for 2017? "

Wil is racing in Australia this year for Kawi, not next year (as of now). Plus, this is the list for the U.S. based teams so it wouldn't make much sense to have him listed on the team.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/8/2016 5:57pm
USMCMXer wrote:
GuyB, is Grant really gonna do the all A-Stars deal like Tomac, and leave Shift/Fox, as you have it listed, or is that simply a copy/paste...
GuyB, is Grant really gonna do the all A-Stars deal like Tomac, and leave Shift/Fox, as you have it listed, or is that simply a copy/paste error? I think he fits the Shift MX fam well, and hadn't heard any of that changing?
Fixed. That was an oops on my part.
flatout111
9/8/2016 5:59pm
If Stew gets in shape he will still draw more in the pits than anyone else with the possible exception of Chad. Despite an abysmal showing last year that is still true. He will outdraw the factory teams thus getting more exposure for him and his sponsors. Now the challenge is for him to get in shape and actually be at most of the races. Sponsors want exposure. When he's there, no one gets more exposure than James. But he hasn't been there at all lately. Still, I think someone getting behind him or supporting his own brand team on a performance based deal could really reap a lot of benefits. But let's face it. It has to be performance based or at least amount of completed races based after last year.
Excaliburbmx
9/8/2016 6:26pm
The top five spots right now are a huge challenge to finish at that level. As much as I like stew I think he could maybe get a sx Moto win or a top ten in sx but I think his wins are not possible anymore.
Money
9/8/2016 6:36pm
a lot of good riders are gonna be left with out a ride, just to think someone like weimer wilson tickle bogle all past champions and don't have anything yet
flatout111
9/8/2016 6:41pm
I'm not sure Stew will still win either. But I also think the same of Chad. Some riders just sell regardless. These are two of the top 5 riders of all time. I don't necessarily think winning is what it's always all about at this point. I think they both still can but not sure they will. But they still get tons of attention which is often invaluable.
kiwifan
9/8/2016 6:42pm
Dont forget GuyB some experts here said ET was leaving Kawasaki...you should have him at Tentative in the Kawasaki team or even out of it as looking for a ride lol Smile
cali11
9/8/2016 6:46pm
The top five spots right now are a huge challenge to finish at that level. As much as I like stew I think he could maybe...
The top five spots right now are a huge challenge to finish at that level. As much as I like stew I think he could maybe get a sx Moto win or a top ten in sx but I think his wins are not possible anymore.
If Stew gets in shape and really wants it he can win. No reason he can't. Not like he forgot how to ride. Last year he didn't want to be there. Not sure if he was just over it or Suzuki. For people to say he can maybe get a top 10. That's just fucking dumb!
stackman17
9/8/2016 6:55pm
Is Canard not working with Brent Preznell (sp) any longer. Did he stay on at Honda?
jrrundle
9/8/2016 8:15pm
Why is Malcolm still listed under Geico? Are they putting him on a 450?
cali11
9/8/2016 9:10pm
jrrundle wrote:
I never seen anything saying he was off the team.
Cortami79
9/8/2016 11:48pm
Seems like Hsu goes to Motorcycle superstore right? Suzuki is trying to find a team for him so i wouldn't be surprised if that will be the factory team for next year. Albertson is a good dude imo.

Btw, i'm a big fan of Weimer. Look at his setup, sweetest looking of everyone by far Wink
Excaliburbmx
9/9/2016 2:45am
The top five spots right now are a huge challenge to finish at that level. As much as I like stew I think he could maybe...
cali11 wrote:
If Stew gets in shape and really wants it he can win. No reason he can't. Not like he forgot how to ride. Last year he...
If Stew gets in shape and really wants it he can win. No reason he can't. Not like he forgot how to ride. Last year he didn't want to be there. Not sure if he was just over it or Suzuki. For people to say he can maybe get a top 10. That's just fucking dumb!
If
51xc
9/9/2016 3:07am
jrrundle wrote:
cali11 wrote:
I never seen anything saying he was off the team.
if you were the team owner who would you choose, a guy like deano who works his ass off and wants to race no matter if mx and sx or malcom who chooses to sit out mx because 'he wants to get ready for sx'. I like malcom as a character 'cause he is really funny but his decision to sit out mx didn't impress me at all.
RG1
9/9/2016 3:52am
GuyB wrote:
Here's something that you can stare at, and commit to memory. ;) http://www.vitalmx.com/features/2017-Silly-Season-Round-1,5091 Oh, and there's one thing wrong on there (that I'll update in a...
Here's something that you can stare at, and commit to memory. Wink

http://www.vitalmx.com/features/2017-Silly-Season-Round-1,5091

Oh, and there's one thing wrong on there (that I'll update in a second). It sounds like MAD Racing is done, and Luke Clout has been paid out the rest of his contract.
Lot of great riders in that 'riders to place' list
Tim271
Fantasy
4446th
9/9/2016 4:10am
Hopefully the mad Suzuki team is still around next year would love to see what Luke clout can do when his healthy not working his way into shape after an injury
downard254
9/9/2016 4:37am
I think the theory that JS7 has a huge put draw giving sponsors exposure is a bit misguided. Sure he has a large draw in the pits, but what is the total number of people who visit the pits just to see James, and how many of them but his sponsors products. As a sponsor, I want TV exposure capturing millions? Of viewers, not hundreds? of pit fans. He needs to be "on track" and placing high enough to get the camera on him for worthwhile exposure. I like James, and these last couple years I think he has become much more humble and likable, but it just doesn't seem like his heart is in it anymore. When you're down, you can either stay down, or fight your way back up. Let's see what 2017 brings if there even is a 2017 for him. I hope so, but not if its a repeat of 2016.
9/9/2016 4:49am
downard254 wrote:
I think the theory that JS7 has a huge put draw giving sponsors exposure is a bit misguided. Sure he has a large draw in the...
I think the theory that JS7 has a huge put draw giving sponsors exposure is a bit misguided. Sure he has a large draw in the pits, but what is the total number of people who visit the pits just to see James, and how many of them but his sponsors products. As a sponsor, I want TV exposure capturing millions? Of viewers, not hundreds? of pit fans. He needs to be "on track" and placing high enough to get the camera on him for worthwhile exposure. I like James, and these last couple years I think he has become much more humble and likable, but it just doesn't seem like his heart is in it anymore. When you're down, you can either stay down, or fight your way back up. Let's see what 2017 brings if there even is a 2017 for him. I hope so, but not if its a repeat of 2016.
I dasagree. It would make no difference to products Id purchase if they are on the bikes ridden by the winning riders. I watch the Stankdog videos and it makes me want a 125 Husky. For me, its not about race results. For me it's about image. And cool factor. And a whole host of other things. Race results of my favoured brand/riders is least important to me.
flatout111
9/9/2016 5:36am
I dasagree. It would make no difference to products Id purchase if they are on the bikes ridden by the winning riders. I watch the Stankdog...
I dasagree. It would make no difference to products Id purchase if they are on the bikes ridden by the winning riders. I watch the Stankdog videos and it makes me want a 125 Husky. For me, its not about race results. For me it's about image. And cool factor. And a whole host of other things. Race results of my favoured brand/riders is least important to me.
I agree. I mean Chad was no where near winning Outdoors a couple years back. It was horrible. Yet his pit presence was only equaled by, well James.

I agree. It's not so much about results. The Seven Deuce Deuce barely makes mains but is still pretty popular with his sponsors. Same with Stankdog.

With all that being said, though, James needs to get fit and put in the work. IF he races a lot of races he will get support in some way. He is too much of a draw to not get support, that is if he gets in shape and makes most of the races.
downard254
9/9/2016 5:43am
I dasagree. It would make no difference to products Id purchase if they are on the bikes ridden by the winning riders. I watch the Stankdog...
I think I get where you're coming from. I just keep hearing that James has a ton of pit traffic and that alone should justify a contract, then I hear that it should be a performance based contract, and I don't think at this stage, James would like to go that route. Honestly, it would be neat to see a survey, or study done to see how many people buy a particular product just because a favorite rider is sponsored by said rider. I'll bet it's a very low number. I'd bet it's more of a "see the product visually", or a visual image of the product/name. Kind of a subliminal message. But again, to the argument that his pit traffic justifies sponsorship, I'm curious what the number of pit visitors are per event/per season. I'll be it's a low enough number that really no matter who it is, that theory really doesn't hold water to be honest. Of course, I'm not a marketing major so what do I know. I started buying Suzuki's because Barnett and Howerton were tearing things up back in the 80's, pretty much stayed with Suzuki all those years (well, except for '87. Had an '86 RM 125, and that convinced me to go CR 125 for '87, wise decision). After a while it just became brand loyalty, but mostly because of a very good dealer 7 miles from my house. Hell, now I don't even remember the point I was trying to make. Shit, is it Beer-30 yet?
mxb2
9/9/2016 5:49am
downard254 wrote:
I think the theory that JS7 has a huge put draw giving sponsors exposure is a bit misguided. Sure he has a large draw in the...
Did you buy a new husky?

Post a reply to: 2017 silly season

The Latest