2017 Walton Trans Can CANCELLED

Very unfortunate. sucks when two sides cant work together, this is a huge blow to Canadian motocross. Looks like Deschambeau will be the National from now on.

http://www.directmotocross.com/2017-walton-transcan-cancelled/
|
TW85
7/24/2017 7:25am
It does suck. Walton is a fun track, raced there last weekend. Canadian moto is a bit of a mess though it seems.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/24/2017 9:43am
So what is the truth here?

The CMRC had a disagreement with the longtime track Walton so they made their own Trans-Can event? Walton kept their race hoping the riders would all come as normal and found they were not registering so they cancelled the race?

It's too bad.
TW85
7/24/2017 10:18am
The issue is from last year. I forget the details but I believe the owners of Walton tried to get together with a couple other track owners and have some changes made to the national series. In turn a couple tracks lost their national (obviously including Walton) and the CMRC created another amateur national. That's also why RJ's has been back on the schedule the past two years.

I might be a little off though because like I said it happened last year and I don't follow the Canada series that closely.
7/24/2017 1:00pm
TW85 wrote:
The issue is from last year. I forget the details but I believe the owners of Walton tried to get together with a couple other track...
The issue is from last year. I forget the details but I believe the owners of Walton tried to get together with a couple other track owners and have some changes made to the national series. In turn a couple tracks lost their national (obviously including Walton) and the CMRC created another amateur national. That's also why RJ's has been back on the schedule the past two years.

I might be a little off though because like I said it happened last year and I don't follow the Canada series that closely.
Rjs was actually one of the best nationals on the circuit last year.

Unfortunately the rule book isnt always followed but they do a fair job 80% of the time. I cant think of any other track in ontario who could hold a Amateur National other than motopark.

We cant blame this on anyone with the CMRC, this is Waltons own doing. I remember years ago when it didnt cost you 140 to spectate for the week or be a mechanic, they had breakfast served every morning. I believe they have priced themselves too high and its unfortunate because it was always a fun week. Lets hope this is only a one year thing and it comes back next year with a new plan. See you guys at the races!!!

Josh

The Shop

Adam43
7/24/2017 1:20pm
The sport is officially broken in this country.
sendin71
7/24/2017 2:27pm
Not surprised its cancelled. The Lee family has been screwing every one for years with this event, They put little effort in for any of Walton's events.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
7/24/2017 5:32pm
If this new regime taking over, or attempting to take over Canadian moto, really is a positive change, I've yet to see any evidence of that. Things are getting worse from the outside looking in.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
7/24/2017 5:53pm
Moto park has announced an event for that weekend now as well.

IMO that place deserves a national. Best venue and one of the very best tracks in Canada

Post a reply to: 2017 Walton Trans Can CANCELLED

The Latest