2017 Walton Trans Can CANCELLED

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2017 6:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2017 6:56 AM

Very unfortunate. sucks when two sides cant work together, this is a huge blow to Canadian motocross. Looks like Deschambeau will be the National from now on.

http://www.directmotocross.com/2017-walton-transcan-cancelled/

|

7/24/2017 7:25 AM

It does suck. Walton is a fun track, raced there last weekend. Canadian moto is a bit of a mess though it seems.

|

7/24/2017 9:43 AM

So what is the truth here?

The CMRC had a disagreement with the longtime track Walton so they made their own Trans-Can event? Walton kept their race hoping the riders would all come as normal and found they were not registering so they cancelled the race?

It's too bad.

|

7/24/2017 10:18 AM

The issue is from last year. I forget the details but I believe the owners of Walton tried to get together with a couple other track owners and have some changes made to the national series. In turn a couple tracks lost their national (obviously including Walton) and the CMRC created another amateur national. That's also why RJ's has been back on the schedule the past two years.

I might be a little off though because like I said it happened last year and I don't follow the Canada series that closely.

|

7/24/2017 1:00 PM

TW85 wrote:

The issue is from last year. I forget the details but I believe the owners of Walton tried to get together with a couple other track owners and have some changes made to the national series. In turn a couple tracks lost their national (obviously including Walton) and the CMRC created another amateur national. That's also why RJ's has been back on the schedule the past two years.

I might be a little off though because like I said it happened last year and I don't follow the Canada series that closely.

Rjs was actually one of the best nationals on the circuit last year.

Unfortunately the rule book isnt always followed but they do a fair job 80% of the time. I cant think of any other track in ontario who could hold a Amateur National other than motopark.

We cant blame this on anyone with the CMRC, this is Waltons own doing. I remember years ago when it didnt cost you 140 to spectate for the week or be a mechanic, they had breakfast served every morning. I believe they have priced themselves too high and its unfortunate because it was always a fun week. Lets hope this is only a one year thing and it comes back next year with a new plan. See you guys at the races!!!

Josh

|

7/24/2017 1:20 PM

The sport is officially broken in this country.

|

7/24/2017 2:27 PM

Not surprised its cancelled. The Lee family has been screwing every one for years with this event, They put little effort in for any of Walton's events.

|

7/24/2017 5:32 PM

If this new regime taking over, or attempting to take over Canadian moto, really is a positive change, I've yet to see any evidence of that. Things are getting worse from the outside looking in.

|

7/24/2017 5:53 PM

Moto park has announced an event for that weekend now as well.

IMO that place deserves a national. Best venue and one of the very best tracks in Canada

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R