MX2: Osborne
MX3: J-Mart or Barcia

I really hope they send a team.
JVT357
Fantasy
3153rd
8/2/2017 8:19am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 8:23am
JVT357 wrote:
I say we skip the whole thing all together. They continue to push the event later and later. It's terrible for our riders schedule. 29 Rounds...
I say we skip the whole thing all together. They continue to push the event later and later. It's terrible for our riders schedule. 29 Rounds of racing with only 3 weekends off is a tiresome schedule. Throw in usgp, mec and SR and that's tons of commitment and wear and tear on the body. These guys need to some time off for themselves both physically and mentally. I don't blame any of them at all for not wanting to go.
agn5009 wrote:
You obviously know nothing. It hasn't been pushed later and later. And the event has been taking place roughly the same time every year way before...
You obviously know nothing. It hasn't been pushed later and later. And the event has been taking place roughly the same time every year way before the monster cup was ever a thing. Usually it's between the last weekend of September to the first weekend of October. I'm not sure how much closer from year to year you expect.
And the nationals use to run later too. 2012 mx ended in sept. Now they end in aug. there is 6 weeks between end of nationals and mxon. That is a long time to stay training and committed after a long grueling Sx/mx season. The Americans are a huge draw for mxon. Let's make a compromise and put it in early sept. Having it that much later than our series end and close to mec is an unfair system for the u.s.
ga_pike
8/2/2017 8:29am
Maybe we should start by asking the racers who would actually go if asked? I miss the days when our guys looked forward to this event and called The Man begging to be on the team!

The Shop

Bidirella
8/2/2017 8:30am
What about picking up Convington from Puerto Rico? With how everything is going with the riders in the US and Convington riding really good lately! Why not pick him up for mx2 class? Osborne 3or450 and Jmartin or Webb mx1 class..
Aryen
8/2/2017 9:16am
This is starting to become a sad story. With for instance Tomac, Anderson and Webb on a 250 it would have been the team to beat. Now, podium is a huge challenge.
agn5009
8/2/2017 9:42am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 9:53am
Bidirella wrote:
What about picking up Convington from Puerto Rico? With how everything is going with the riders in the US and Convington riding really good lately! Why...
What about picking up Convington from Puerto Rico? With how everything is going with the riders in the US and Convington riding really good lately! Why not pick him up for mx2 class? Osborne 3or450 and Jmartin or Webb mx1 class..
Because picking a rider from the 250 class is the least of our worries. We have Osborne, Jmart, Amart, Plessinger, Savatgy and Ciancarillo who would represent us very well. It's the 450 class where we run into a problem.

My pick would be:
1. Anderson
2. Osborne
3. Webb

If Anderson isn't available then:
1. Webb
2. Osborne
3. Barcia

If Webb and Anderson aren't available then:
1. Barcia
2. Osborne
3. Craig

If Barcia, Webb and Anderson aren't available then:
1. Craig
2. Osborne
3. Savatgy

Anything different than the above we will struggle to podium. It sucks that we have 3 potential obvious picks in barcia, Webb and Anderson possibly out due to injuries. It really sucks that we have a guy who isn't hurt and arguably the fastest in the world just sitting out because he doesn't feel like going.

Edit: somehow I forgot about Baggett. But I won't include him in on scenarios because we pretty much know he's out of it due to pending surgery.
DPR250R
8/2/2017 10:28am
You do realize it is a "team" event correct?
It depends on the year if it is a team event or not. When RC beat Everts it was a team event, when Everts beat JS it wasn't.
RG1
8/2/2017 10:31am
DPR250R wrote:
It depends on the year if it is a team event or not. When RC beat Everts it was a team event, when Everts beat JS...
It depends on the year if it is a team event or not. When RC beat Everts it was a team event, when Everts beat JS it wasn't.
Both riders got beat straight up. No chance Everts wanted to get beat by RC in Belgium, no chance JS7 wanted to get beat ever
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/2/2017 10:38am
Osborne 250
Jmart 450
Plessinger 450

Jmart and Plessy should be in 450s next year anyway. And assuming no webb, bagget, barcia, anderson or a mart, jeez thats a long list. I thought guys only got hurt in SX?
twotwosix
8/2/2017 10:45am
MX1: Seeley on an HRC 450
MX3: J-Mart on an HRC 450
wreckitrandy
8/2/2017 10:51am
I'd like to see ZO, JA and, Barcia go and the t-shirt say "We will run over your @##"
8/2/2017 10:59am
Danster wrote:
MX1 450 Zac Osborne MX2 250 Alex Martin MX3 450 Jeremy Martin Would of had Thomas Covington MX1 Darian Sanayei MX3 Marshal Weltin MX2 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/29/207106/s1200_19948_Thomas_Covington_Husqvarna_FC_250_Suphan_Buri_2016_e1460777545925.jpg[/img]
MX1 450 Zac Osborne
MX2 250 Alex Martin
MX3 450 Jeremy Martin

Would of had Thomas Covington MX1 Darian Sanayei MX3 Marshal Weltin MX2

"Would of"? Really?

Anyway, I think Covington should be in there, but so should Osborne, and they're both MX2 riders until someone shows me they're not. Tomac said he's out, right? Baggett has a nagging injury, right? Barcia, Anderson and Webb are injured for the moment. So who's supposed to ride an MX1 bike?

SwingHard
8/2/2017 11:03am
Goerke or Alessi would give any of our remaining 450 candidates all they could handle so,why not throw them in there?
DEMONDAVE
8/2/2017 11:55am
Send guys who will really want to rep the USA , Webb on a 450 Wp32 on a 450 and zack on 250 a bad ass team win or lose
Huevos
8/2/2017 11:57am
SwingHard wrote:
Goerke or Alessi would give any of our remaining 450 candidates all they could handle so,why not throw them in there?
I want some of whatever this guy is smoking.

Honestly I'd pick Webb, Savatgy and Osbourne with Osbourne (MX Open). I doubt we win this year but that'd be a solid team at the very least.
TeamGreen
8/2/2017 12:01pm
tempura wrote:
Team Green
Jeffro503
Newmann
They made me lol. Nice.

My picks:

MX1: Ryan Dungey
MX2: ZachO
MX3: Matt Goerke
SwingHard
8/2/2017 12:09pm
SwingHard wrote:
Huevos wrote:
I want some of whatever this guy is smoking. Honestly I'd pick Webb, Savatgy and Osbourne with Osbourne (MX Open). I doubt we win this year...

Honestly I'd pick Webb, Savatgy and Osbourne with Osbourne (MX Open). I doubt we win this year but that'd be a solid team at the very least.
Again,with the REMAINING,450 riders! Is Osbourne a proven 450 threat? So Webbs uninspired outdoor season gives you confidence in him? Why Not think outside the box here!
TXDirt
8/2/2017 12:10pm
How do you pick Plessinger over Pieck on the 450? Based on what exactly? He hasn't exactly been killing it on a 250 right now.

Lets assume Anderson, Barcia, Baggett are all out which some already are.

This is probably our best team we have.

1. Osbourne
2. Webb
3. Pieck

You could easily argue for Seeley, or Craig I guess. However, I think we need a little muscle on this team and Seeley Craig don't have it.

If we can get one good moto from Pieck and then have Osborne and Webb hold the fort down we have a good shot at winning.

That's our best team right now based on who's available.
JRT812
8/2/2017 12:17pm
Slim picking for sure. I agree with JT$, give me Zach and any other 2 riders that want to race for USA
TDeath21
8/2/2017 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 12:24pm
I'm gonna go ahead and assume Barcia is out. With the team he's on and the uncertainty moving forward, a race in September is unlikely. If he's even healthy after that crash. It's already confirmed that Tomac, Baggett, and Anderson are out.

With that being said, go with:

MX1: Webb
Open: Seely
DeStouwer
8/2/2017 12:31pm
JVT357 wrote:
And the nationals use to run later too. 2012 mx ended in sept. Now they end in aug. there is 6 weeks between end of nationals...
And the nationals use to run later too. 2012 mx ended in sept. Now they end in aug. there is 6 weeks between end of nationals and mxon. That is a long time to stay training and committed after a long grueling Sx/mx season. The Americans are a huge draw for mxon. Let's make a compromise and put it in early sept. Having it that much later than our series end and close to mec is an unfair system for the u.s.
So you want MXoN ran before the MXGP-series are over? Who's talking silly now? The Nationals changed the end of their season over the past years, not Youthstream.
Nighttrain
8/2/2017 12:32pm
agn5009 wrote:
Because picking a rider from the 250 class is the least of our worries. We have Osborne, Jmart, Amart, Plessinger, Savatgy and Ciancarillo who would represent...
Because picking a rider from the 250 class is the least of our worries. We have Osborne, Jmart, Amart, Plessinger, Savatgy and Ciancarillo who would represent us very well. It's the 450 class where we run into a problem.

My pick would be:
1. Anderson
2. Osborne
3. Webb

If Anderson isn't available then:
1. Webb
2. Osborne
3. Barcia

If Webb and Anderson aren't available then:
1. Barcia
2. Osborne
3. Craig

If Barcia, Webb and Anderson aren't available then:
1. Craig
2. Osborne
3. Savatgy

Anything different than the above we will struggle to podium. It sucks that we have 3 potential obvious picks in barcia, Webb and Anderson possibly out due to injuries. It really sucks that we have a guy who isn't hurt and arguably the fastest in the world just sitting out because he doesn't feel like going.

Edit: somehow I forgot about Baggett. But I won't include him in on scenarios because we pretty much know he's out of it due to pending surgery.
"If Barcia, Webb and Anderson aren't available then:
1. Craig
2. Osborne
3. Savatgy"

I'm thinking this will be the team if Seely isn't picked. Given the variables I don't hold it against Tomac for opting out. The trend of riders like him and Dungey choosing not to participate may be a good thing for US motocross. It's a fantastic opportunity for deserving riders like Craig to get a ton of exposure.
JRT812
8/2/2017 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 12:44pm
Nighttrain wrote:
"If Barcia, Webb and Anderson aren't available then: 1. Craig 2. Osborne 3. Savatgy" I'm thinking this will be the team if Seely isn't picked. Given...
"If Barcia, Webb and Anderson aren't available then:
1. Craig
2. Osborne
3. Savatgy"

I'm thinking this will be the team if Seely isn't picked. Given the variables I don't hold it against Tomac for opting out. The trend of riders like him and Dungey choosing not to participate may be a good thing for US motocross. It's a fantastic opportunity for deserving riders like Craig to get a ton of exposure.
I don't hold it against Tomac either. Don't wan't him there if he doesn't want to be there. However, I wish our top riders would want to rep us. Personally, I say just get through this year and clean slate for Redbud next year. I'll be damned if our top riders don't rep and win Redbud
Huevos
8/2/2017 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 1:10pm
SwingHard wrote:
Huevos wrote:
I want some of whatever this guy is smoking. Honestly I'd pick Webb, Savatgy and Osbourne with Osbourne (MX Open). I doubt we win this year...

SwingHard wrote:
Again,with the REMAINING,450 riders! Is Osbourne a proven 450 threat? So Webbs uninspired outdoor season gives you confidence in him? Why Not think outside the box...
Again,with the REMAINING,450 riders! Is Osbourne a proven 450 threat? So Webbs uninspired outdoor season gives you confidence in him? Why Not think outside the box here!
I'm pretty confident that Zach, soon to be the 250MX champion has the confidence, fitness and skill to do better at the MXdN than Alessi could, especially considering his MXGP experience. 250MX champions have had a decent run on the 450 at MXdN for team USA (i.e.- Dungey and Webb). Not sure what Osbourne has done to give anyone the impression that he wouldn't wax someone like Alessi right now.

And I think Webb or Barcia, considering their past MXdN experience and their capacity to rise to the occasion in one off races would be a much better idea than picking someone like Alessi... I'd pick Seely and Peick over Alessi.
agn5009
8/2/2017 1:07pm
TXDirt wrote:
How do you pick Plessinger over Pieck on the 450? Based on what exactly? He hasn't exactly been killing it on a 250 right now. Lets...
How do you pick Plessinger over Pieck on the 450? Based on what exactly? He hasn't exactly been killing it on a 250 right now.

Lets assume Anderson, Barcia, Baggett are all out which some already are.

This is probably our best team we have.

1. Osbourne
2. Webb
3. Pieck

You could easily argue for Seeley, or Craig I guess. However, I think we need a little muscle on this team and Seeley Craig don't have it.

If we can get one good moto from Pieck and then have Osborne and Webb hold the fort down we have a good shot at winning.

That's our best team right now based on who's available.
I think Craig would do great representing the USA.
SwingHard
8/2/2017 1:20pm
Huevos wrote:

SwingHard wrote:
Again,with the REMAINING,450 riders! Is Osbourne a proven 450 threat? So Webbs uninspired outdoor season gives you confidence in him? Why Not think outside the box...
Huevos wrote:
I'm pretty confident that Zach, soon to be the 250MX champion has the confidence, fitness and skill to do better at the MXdN than Alessi could...
I'm pretty confident that Zach, soon to be the 250MX champion has the confidence, fitness and skill to do better at the MXdN than Alessi could, especially considering his MXGP experience. 250MX champions have had a decent run on the 450 at MXdN for team USA (i.e.- Dungey and Webb). Not sure what Osbourne has done to give anyone the impression that he wouldn't wax someone like Alessi right now.

And I think Webb or Barcia, considering their past MXdN experience and their capacity to rise to the occasion in one off races would be a much better idea than picking someone like Alessi... I'd pick Seely and Peick over Alessi.
I believe they both turned pro right around the same time? There both very close to 30 yrs.old. Alessi has been a proven 450 (outdoor) rider pretty much his whole career. I may have missed the years Zach was a legit 450 guy. On 450's,I just dont believe Osbourne is head & shoulders above Alessi or Goerke for that matter.
agn5009
8/2/2017 1:31pm
I love that some legends are calling out Tomac on his BS.
Huevos
8/2/2017 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 1:54pm
SwingHard wrote:
I believe they both turned pro right around the same time? There both very close to 30 yrs.old. Alessi has been a proven 450 (outdoor) rider...
I believe they both turned pro right around the same time? There both very close to 30 yrs.old. Alessi has been a proven 450 (outdoor) rider pretty much his whole career. I may have missed the years Zach was a legit 450 guy. On 450's,I just dont believe Osbourne is head & shoulders above Alessi or Goerke for that matter.
You must have missed the part where I stated that both Dungey and Webb kicked ass on the 450 for the MXdN while racing 250s prior to racing the 450 class, and that Osbourne has MXGP experience. Savatgy is great in the 250s right now. Between Savatgy and Osbourne, I'd bet Osbourne fairs better on a 450.

And the Canadian nationals are a bit of a step down from the AMA nationals dude.

Post a reply to: 2017 TEAM USA MXON PICKS

The Latest