2017 Outdoor Championship predictions...

Everyone is on the Tomac train right now, understandably so.

It's hard to bet against Tomac or Dungey but I'm going against the grain - El Chupacabra #4 will stun everyone and take the 2017 title. As for 250, I feel the confidence Zach gained last night from finally becoming a champion will give him that extra mental edge he needs to win the outdoor title.

450: Bagget
250: Zach-attack

Stamped. What's your call? You must stamp it as well Smile If your rider gets injured before Hangtown you may change your pick.
|
51xc
5/7/2017 4:42pm
tomac 20+ moto wins
a lot podiums for webb

AC takes the 250 title
ctbale
5/7/2017 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 4:50pm
Everyone is on the Tomac train right now, understandably so. It's hard to bet against Tomac or Dungey but I'm going against the grain - El...
Everyone is on the Tomac train right now, understandably so.

It's hard to bet against Tomac or Dungey but I'm going against the grain - El Chupacabra #4 will stun everyone and take the 2017 title. As for 250, I feel the confidence Zach gained last night from finally becoming a champion will give him that extra mental edge he needs to win the outdoor title.

450: Bagget
250: Zach-attack

Stamped. What's your call? You must stamp it as well Smile If your rider gets injured before Hangtown you may change your pick.
B.D.B. ..... BB4! Yea right, quit making crazy predictions.

Tomac

Jmart

Stamp it!!

CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
5/7/2017 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 4:50pm
I gotta go with Dungey. Tomac is gonna have his hands full for 24 motos finishing top 4 every weekend. Plessinger for 250's.

The Shop

5/7/2017 4:53pm
450 Class with be renamed Snooze fest class with Tomac cleaning up.

250 Class will have first Mexican champion with Fernedez.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
5/7/2017 4:56pm
1. Tomac
2. Dungey
3. Baggett/Grant I don't know just having a feeling about both and I'm torn.

250:
1. Wacko
2. Pless
3. Forkner
TDeath21
5/7/2017 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 5:13pm
Tomac can't beat Dungey for a championship. Assuming Tomac stays injury free, I picture the following ... Tomac will be dominant in many races, but he can and probably will rattle off 6 straight moto victories and only gain 18 points. Then have a few bad races and lose it all. In other rounds, they'll swap moto wins. Then of course Dungey will have his days too. Dungey's wins will be by less than 10 seconds. Tomac's will often be by 30+ seconds. Unfortunately for Tomac, they pay the same. After 24 motos, Dungey will be your champion. Roczen outdoors is the only person that can currently beat Dungey for a championship.

EDIT: Almost forgot there's more to the battle. I think Webb will finish 3rd in the championship, being a consistent top 5 guy. I don't think anyone else wins a moto aside from the big two unless they both have problems somehow. Much like 2013 MX. As for the 250 class, I'd keep an eye on Forkner. I think he will battle Martin for the championship, but Martin will ultimately prevail. Savatgy and Osborne will get their moto wins too of course.
5/7/2017 5:25pm
Gotta think Tomac has learned from the SX season and is coming into the outdoors extremely hungry and fired up. Dungey will be there as always and I believe he's better outdoors so probably win a bunch of races too, it'll be a good summer.

As for 250's I think JMart's experience will pay off but I think Osborne will have crazy speed and win a lot of races.
But..
1. Tomac
2. Dungey
3. Baggett

1. JMart
2. Zacho
3. AMart.. once again experience will pay off IMO, and he was, at times, the fastest guy last year which was pretty impressive.
5/7/2017 5:27pm
450: Tomac or Dungey, although I think Bagget will have some to say this year.

250: I have a hard time betting against Jmart, but winning is the biggest confidence booster there is, so we'll have to wait and see if Osborne comes out at a new level? Could be a very good series, AC, DF, AF, Amart, a fair few fast guys.
kiwifan
5/7/2017 5:27pm
450:
1. Musquin
2. Dungey
3. Tomac

250:
1. JMart
2. Osbourne
3. AMart
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
5/7/2017 5:29pm
Gotta be Tomac

250s, I'm liking Osborne. Hopefully he doesn't have the weird bike dramas he had last year which gave him multiple DNFs
benstone
5/7/2017 5:34pm
Eli will dominate the big bikes. He has the fire in him now as well as a little humble pie and that's a solid mix. He'll finally understand that he needs to be in all the races at the front to win the championship.

Adam Cianciarulo will finally feel at home is new tall body and clean up the small bike class.
Dtat720
5/7/2017 5:36pm
Tomac
Bagget
Dungey
Webb

JMart
Zacho
Plessy
Dylan
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
5/7/2017 6:13pm
Tomac is insanely fast, but I don't see how he makes it through the season without making some major mistakes in a few motos that ultimately really hurts his points. Consistency will be key. Still doubtful Dungey does the outdoors - sounds like he's looking forward to getting some fishing in this summer and I don't blame him. BB4 will be hauling ass. El Hombre will bring it this summer as will MM25. Webb is solid outdoors and will be in the mix. I'd say Tomac is the favorite, I just think his mistakes bite him in the butt again. He doesn't have to beat everybody by +1 minute per moto, which I think he will do the first few rounds. if he settles in, Tomac will be unstoppable. If he rides with his hair on fire the whole season, he will crash out.
SwingHard
5/7/2017 6:19pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Tomac can't beat Dungey for a championship. Assuming Tomac stays injury free, I picture the following ... Tomac will be dominant in many races, but he...
Tomac can't beat Dungey for a championship. Assuming Tomac stays injury free, I picture the following ... Tomac will be dominant in many races, but he can and probably will rattle off 6 straight moto victories and only gain 18 points. Then have a few bad races and lose it all. In other rounds, they'll swap moto wins. Then of course Dungey will have his days too. Dungey's wins will be by less than 10 seconds. Tomac's will often be by 30+ seconds. Unfortunately for Tomac, they pay the same. After 24 motos, Dungey will be your champion. Roczen outdoors is the only person that can currently beat Dungey for a championship.

EDIT: Almost forgot there's more to the battle. I think Webb will finish 3rd in the championship, being a consistent top 5 guy. I don't think anyone else wins a moto aside from the big two unless they both have problems somehow. Much like 2013 MX. As for the 250 class, I'd keep an eye on Forkner. I think he will battle Martin for the championship, but Martin will ultimately prevail. Savatgy and Osborne will get their moto wins too of course.
Or, Dungey will crash himself again,trying to keep pace with the faster rider?
TDeath21
5/7/2017 6:46pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Tomac can't beat Dungey for a championship. Assuming Tomac stays injury free, I picture the following ... Tomac will be dominant in many races, but he...

SwingHard wrote:
Lol. Funny. In MX, he got beat consistently in 2011 and 2013, and often in 2014. Yet never once crashed out. 2016 was clearly a freak thing and was the exception, not the rule.
SwingHard
5/7/2017 7:03pm
TDeath21 wrote:

SwingHard wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
Lol. Funny. In MX, he got beat consistently in 2011 and 2013, and often in 2014. Yet never once crashed out. 2016 was clearly a freak...
Lol. Funny. In MX, he got beat consistently in 2011 and 2013, and often in 2014. Yet never once crashed out. 2016 was clearly a freak thing and was the exception, not the rule.
Lol,your right, I'm sure 16" was a total fluke
pilotdude
5/7/2017 7:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2017 7:15pm
450:

Tomac
Dungey
Musquin

If Tomac rides at 95-98% instead of 102% a la Dungey, and slows it down enough to win by 15 seconds instead of 1 minute, he could go 24-0. Outdoors ain't no supercross. Will he do that (slow it down) is another question altogether.

250:

Osborne
A.C.
JMart

This one is much harder but due to Osborne's championship, and his relationship with Baker, I give him the edge over A.C., who I think may have his best year yet. If Jmart gets back to the form he had in his 2 championships, he will be very hard to beat.
RandyS
5/7/2017 7:11pm
450 Dungey takes the summer off in trade for another year or two of SX. I can't see KTM objecting to that. Tomac can not ride like he did 2 years ago and make through 24 motos. If he backs it down he wins, if not Marvin wins.

250 Osborne
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
5/7/2017 7:16pm
I think Dungey and Tomac are obvious picks for multiple moto wins, but I think we may be in for a good season with lots of moto winners. We will see BB4, Marvin and Webb with wins for sure, and maybe even a moto or two by people like Barcia, Seely, or even Deano if the cards play out. In the 250s, I dont see anyone having anything for AC, Zacko, or Plessinger for the title.
pilotdude
5/7/2017 7:18pm
hartebreak wrote:
I think Dungey and Tomac are obvious picks for multiple moto wins, but I think we may be in for a good season with lots of...
I think Dungey and Tomac are obvious picks for multiple moto wins, but I think we may be in for a good season with lots of moto winners. We will see BB4, Marvin and Webb with wins for sure, and maybe even a moto or two by people like Barcia, Seely, or even Deano if the cards play out. In the 250s, I dont see anyone having anything for AC, Zacko, or Plessinger for the title.
What are your thoughts on JMart?
RangerLee
5/7/2017 7:21pm
pilotdude wrote:
450: Tomac Dungey Musquin If Tomac rides at 95-98% instead of 102% a la Dungey, and slows it down enough to win by 15 seconds instead...
450:

Tomac
Dungey
Musquin

If Tomac rides at 95-98% instead of 102% a la Dungey, and slows it down enough to win by 15 seconds instead of 1 minute, he could go 24-0. Outdoors ain't no supercross. Will he do that (slow it down) is another question altogether.

250:

Osborne
A.C.
JMart

This one is much harder but due to Osborne's championship, and his relationship with Baker, I give him the edge over A.C., who I think may have his best year yet. If Jmart gets back to the form he had in his 2 championships, he will be very hard to beat.
Wow, go back a few years and you see the EXACT same things being said about JS7. Just replace Tomac's name with Stewarts, history repeating itself?
Crush
5/7/2017 7:21pm
Eli has basically shown he can ride 90% and be fast enough to win. Whether he can do that or not is another thing.

250 nationals will be as usual, the best racing we see all year. Fully expecting Osborne and J-Mart to go tooth and nail amongst others.
Helder
5/7/2017 7:24pm
450;
Tomac
Dungey
BB4

250;
AC
AF
DF

Post a reply to: 2017 Outdoor Championship predictions...

The Latest