2017 MXGP of USA: Practice & Qualifying Discussion

Fiar
9/3/2017 1:54am
clem wrote:
Tomac kicked ass for 4 motos last year in mxgp, has a shitty practice and now the GP guys are next level to the AMA? The...
Tomac kicked ass for 4 motos last year in mxgp, has a shitty practice and now the GP guys are next level to the AMA? The guy is having a bad practice day after finishing 2 series that started in January. Give the dude a break.
Sometimes you kick ass, sometimes your ass gets kicked
9/3/2017 1:58am
Regarding 'the real' Tomac; when are people gonna wise up and realise that this IS the real ET3?

He can be the fastest guy on the planet hands down, and on the same day he can be battling for 7th. He's been like this for long enough to have this be his default now, surely?!

He could come out and beat everyone today. He could also come out and struggle today. We won't know until the chequers fly. What other top-flight champion can you say that about?
9/3/2017 2:07am
Wow....made it through the 25 pager...fun read!

The only thing that sticks out is the discussion on Paul Malin. I've never been a fan. He is a lot better now than he used to be (US GP with Bailey in the booth....he acted like a child) but to me he sounds like a motocross fan/former pro talking, not a pro journalist.

He is not eloquent and can be quite trashy. I preferred Jack Burnicle (spelling?). He's a moto fan, but a pro journalist first. He would invite the pro rider into the booth, and let him do the expert talking. Malin often comes across a bit childish, and so often loads his questions to the point that the rider will respond either "yes that's correct" or "no it's more like this...". I prefer the more open questions that gives us the chance to hear the rider's thoughts and express his own personality.

The Shop

philG
9/3/2017 2:44am
crusty_xx wrote:
he did just fine in Latvia 3 years ago which is pretty much the same track, so no I don't think so
He sucked in Latvia, moto 1 he was awful, and he was sucking in Moto2 as well till he woke up after 2 laps, the thing was already lost and at that point they werent even going to make the podium. Someone obviously put that on his board, cos he suddenly went fast.

I was there, and he wasnt good.
philG
9/3/2017 2:52am
DPR250R wrote:
Ehhh... this is fake sand though. We don't have real sand in the US. Hearrtlings is great is all the sands type. Seems like Eli will...
Ehhh... this is fake sand though. We don't have real sand in the US. Hearrtlings is great is all the sands type.

Seems like Eli will get smoked which sucks as an Eli fan but what are you gonna do? It makes it more fun to cheer for him since you never know which Eli will show up. It is what it is.

Anyone have more info on Paulin vs. Barcia?
I think, from the body language , that one of them decided not to double into the turn on waved yellows, while the guy was on the floor round the turn, it was the second lap of the dude being on the ground, and the other one did, not sure who was in front at that point.. either way it was a racing incident .
9/3/2017 3:09am
crusty_xx wrote:
he did just fine in Latvia 3 years ago which is pretty much the same track, so no I don't think so
philG wrote:
He sucked in Latvia, moto 1 he was awful, and he was sucking in Moto2 as well till he woke up after 2 laps, the thing...
He sucked in Latvia, moto 1 he was awful, and he was sucking in Moto2 as well till he woke up after 2 laps, the thing was already lost and at that point they werent even going to make the podium. Someone obviously put that on his board, cos he suddenly went fast.

Not that this thread is about Latvia but that is a pretty funny post. As I recall he went into that 2nd moto with a set of forks he hadn't ridden on and was going multiple seconds faster than the people around him and ahead of him. He looked absolutely horrible blowing by guys on the outside, they should have pulled him off the track for sucking so bad. Lmao
9/3/2017 3:54am
Maybe someone has to tell et he don't need to ride for the championship!!
philG
9/3/2017 5:32am
Not that this thread is about Latvia but that is a pretty funny post. As I recall he went into that 2nd moto with a set...
Not that this thread is about Latvia but that is a pretty funny post. As I recall he went into that 2nd moto with a set of forks he hadn't ridden on and was going multiple seconds faster than the people around him and ahead of him. He looked absolutely horrible blowing by guys on the outside, they should have pulled him off the track for sucking so bad. Lmao
Whats funny... despite having the same practice , his set up was so way off he had to change forks??

He was going that much faster cos he was in the back, and the guys at the front already had it won , and second and third, the work was done, they were bringing it home. They didnt need to go faster , so they didnt.

Like i said, i was there, watching , all weekend, and neither he or Dungey turned up, IMO, and without Simpson breaking a chain in the last race, they would have been 4th, which is all they deserved. Dungey went down in front of us and went through the pack at the same rate as Glenn Coldenhoff did on a 250, they were just poor, as was Dungey in Germany.

Tomac's ride in Germany chasing Roczen was as good as i have seen him ride, the rest have been meh, apart from Latvia, but that was shit or bust desperation.

I genuinely think the fear of losing kills these guys more than the chance of winning. You can see when a guy is riding scared. Eli does it a lot.
St Ann More
9/3/2017 5:33am
crusty_xx wrote:
I know which ET is riding that bike. The ET from 250 West 2013 that lost his title by finishing 6th at SLC after pretty much...
I know which ET is riding that bike.
The ET from 250 West 2013 that lost his title by finishing 6th at SLC after pretty much dominating all year.
Not sure where the real ET is though
Missing the slot car racing prepped tracks?
crusty_xx wrote:
8th in timed practice, 8th in qualifying, then 6th and 3rd in the motos is hardly fine.

Unquestionably fast in the last moto, but over the weekend you'd have expected more for one of America's best!
Rowlands
9/3/2017 5:50am
Aryen wrote:
Max Anstie is a funny guy Laughing "managed to get hit by the only rock on track" Laughing
He has the most stereotypical British accent aswell which makes me laugh. Can imagine him saying that haha dudes a ledgend Laughing
DonM
9/3/2017 6:14am
Not that this thread is about Latvia but that is a pretty funny post. As I recall he went into that 2nd moto with a set...
philG wrote:
Whats funny... despite having the same practice , his set up was so way off he had to change forks?? He was going that much faster...
Whats funny... despite having the same practice , his set up was so way off he had to change forks??

He was going that much faster cos he was in the back, and the guys at the front already had it won , and second and third, the work was done, they were bringing it home. They didnt need to go faster , so they didnt.

Like i said, i was there, watching , all weekend, and neither he or Dungey turned up, IMO, and without Simpson breaking a chain in the last race, they would have been 4th, which is all they deserved. Dungey went down in front of us and went through the pack at the same rate as Glenn Coldenhoff did on a 250, they were just poor, as was Dungey in Germany.

Tomac's ride in Germany chasing Roczen was as good as i have seen him ride, the rest have been meh, apart from Latvia, but that was shit or bust desperation.

I genuinely think the fear of losing kills these guys more than the chance of winning. You can see when a guy is riding scared. Eli does it a lot.
Didn't Dungy get 2nd in the first race?...bad starts for both in the 2nd race did them both in, but Eli was on rails that 2nd race and in the MXDN when you start as bad as Eli did in that race you do ride cautious the first few laps because of the discrepancy of talent at the back of the pack...but I'm glad you were there....
9/3/2017 6:17am
crusty_xx wrote:
philG wrote:
He sucked in Latvia, moto 1 he was awful, and he was sucking in Moto2 as well till he woke up after 2 laps, the thing...

Wasn't he the fastest on the track? And went down on the first lap and came back to 3rd? Wouldn't call that sucking
9/3/2017 6:18am
Missing the slot car racing prepped tracks?
crusty_xx wrote:
8th in timed practice, 8th in qualifying, then 6th and 3rd in the motos is hardly fine. Unquestionably fast in the last moto, but over the...
8th in timed practice, 8th in qualifying, then 6th and 3rd in the motos is hardly fine.

Unquestionably fast in the last moto, but over the weekend you'd have expected more for one of America's best!
Was behind Tanel Leok for 20 minutes in the first race, only passed him on second last lap to get sixth and in second race came racing through the pack but only up to third ! Don't know why anyone brings this up, it was hardly Herlingsesque !
pilotdude
9/3/2017 6:24am
crusty_xx wrote:
8th in timed practice, 8th in qualifying, then 6th and 3rd in the motos is hardly fine. Unquestionably fast in the last moto, but over the...

Was behind Tanel Leok for 20 minutes in the first race, only passed him on second last lap to get sixth and in second race came...
Was behind Tanel Leok for 20 minutes in the first race, only passed him on second last lap to get sixth and in second race came racing through the pack but only up to third ! Don't know why anyone brings this up, it was hardly Herlingsesque !
This was at the MXdN correct? On a foreign track in a foreign country correct? Against the best in the world all gathered together for 1 race with a shit ton of pressure on him correct?

"Only up to third."

Right.
Prntscrn
9/3/2017 6:58am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2017 6:59am
-
9/3/2017 7:15am
is there a qualifying race highlight video out yet?
9/3/2017 7:23am
GD2 wrote:
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/2017-MXGP-of-USA-MXGP-MX2-Qualifying-Race-Highlights,16073/GD2,43126
on that elusive home page. haha. thank you sir!
9/3/2017 10:37am
smurfmark wrote:
Maybe someone has to tell et he don't need to ride for the championship!!
Who called him??
NorCal 50+
9/3/2017 10:54am
Never seen somebody pour Monster beverage on themselves to cool off.
ocscottie
9/3/2017 11:11am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Never seen somebody pour Monster beverage on themselves to cool off.
its "Tour Water"

Post a reply to: 2017 MXGP of USA: Practice & Qualifying Discussion

The Latest