2017 MXGP of USA Bench Racing: The Motos

Create New Tag

9/3/2017 2:10 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Imagine those two go at it all of next year! I hope Cairoli can be as strong as this year. At some point his age will be a ...more

Rowlands wrote:

Seriously who is going to be able to fight Herlings once Cairoli retires and TG goes off to US. He's on another level.

Motofinne wrote:

I don't see anyone able to do it. Herlings, AC and Gajser are the 3 fastest in GPs.

AC is going to retire soon, Gajser might ...more

You can never be sure of that.

Not every rider goes the normal route of killing it in the MX2 class and then moving up.
I mean who would have expected Febvre to win in 2015.

Desalle skipped the MX2 class and showed up unknown in 2006 in the MX1 class and had good results.
3 years later he gave Tony all he could handle for multiple years.

Don't count out Jasikonis either. He might go the Keeno route and just kill it in a year or two

|

9/3/2017 2:12 PM

And on to the Netherlands next week,France the following week...they don't make it easy on them do they???

Alessi was fantastic in the booth too btw,and JT for that matter

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

9/3/2017 2:12 PM

The laptimes of JH84 and ac222 the last moto was INSANE. They were in a class of their own. Tomac and Paulin was also very strong. Paulin lost time to Tomac right after he passed him but was able to stabalize it half way through and doing the same laptimes as Tomac. Great weekend of racing!

|

9/3/2017 2:16 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Thank you Monster Energy Kawasaki for making Eli race a race that doesnt count and miss one that does, at least in our ...more

way more important than just in our hearts...........US MXGP doesnt mean anything at all to the USA fans or riders really, but MXdN is an actual race for your country that everyone can compete and win............very solid point Scottie, yep shame on Monster and/or Kawasaki making the choice!!sick sick

|

9/3/2017 2:16 PM

Photo
|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

9/3/2017 2:17 PM

Big props to JH, that guy showed us today just how fast he is, but more importantly, he showed us how badly he wants to win.

Mr box of chocolates tho, I am officially off the bandwagon.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/3/2017 2:18 PM

Sideways wrote:

The laptimes of JH84 and ac222 the last moto was INSANE. They were in a class of their own. Tomac and Paulin was also very ...more

Tomac with the fastest lap of the day.

|

Prntscrn wrote:

So.. Can we all agree that speedwise these guys are so similiar that they can beat eachother any given moto?

Been trying to argue this for the best part of 7 years!

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash

Photo
|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/3/2017 2:19 PM

cookies wrote:

Just going to be an ass here.. But Roczen is probably done racing. I don't know why people keep mentioning him as a current ...more

crusty_xx wrote:

I'm sure Roczen cares a lot about sand tracks

And why would Roczen be training if he was done racing? You must know more than ...more

cookies wrote:

Allright captain obvious.

Did you see Roczen line up at any race this year?

Do you think Roczen didn't want to beat ...more

Yeah I'm pretty sure there were some races he won this year.

Ofcourse Roczen wants to beat him in the sand, but Herlings is faster and he knows it. So what?
You think Herlings would like to beat Roczen at supercross? He wouldnt mind I guess

|

9/3/2017 2:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 2:21 PM

Holy shit!!! I passed 60,000 posts and didnt even notice it. Wanted to make #60k a good one! laughing

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/3/2017 2:22 PM

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

9/3/2017 2:23 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Holy shit!!! I passed 60,000 posts and didnt even notice it. Wanted to make #60k a good one! laughing

You're a fine-tuned posting machine.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

9/3/2017 2:24 PM

Rowlands wrote: Photo

New screensaver, this is poetry! Thanks!

|

9/3/2017 2:25 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

1 moto wonder?
GD2 wrote:

Huh?

Jamie_Munro wrote:

Tomac, no fight in him at all. Hasn't been close at any point. Didn't get the holeshot and didn't chase the win.

1 moto ...more

Photo

|

9/3/2017 2:25 PM

GD2 wrote:

Oh, right. Just wanted to confirm that you were, indeed, making an outrageous statement. Thanks for the clarification.

Jamie_Munro wrote:

Im sorry, did I miss the part that he came to the fight ?

Outrageous.

GD2 wrote:

Oh, there's no doubt that he came out to fight. He was off of the pace of Tony and Jeffrey and lost–they were better than him. ...more

Look, moto by moto it was what it was nobody is arguing that. He hammered them in moto 1 partly due to a great holeshot while they were stuck battling the pack and partly due to his speed which nobody matched.

They all got out together in moto 2 and he was nowhere, they let rip and he stayed put SO YES he didn't come to fight in moto 2, why is it an insult? nuthuggers were cramping Eli after moto 1 but now it's me being a dick? Some Americans are weird man.

The last two years, newsflash: 84 was still a 250 rider last year and barely fit, 222 was nowhere due to injuries so why do the last two years matter?

Great USA GP end of story and the best man won?

|

9/3/2017 2:31 PM

ocscottie wrote: Photo

Fantastic picture that

|

9/3/2017 2:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 2:34 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

Outrageous.

GD2 wrote:

Oh, there's no doubt that he came out to fight. He was off of the pace of Tony and Jeffrey and lost–they were better than him. ...more

Jamie_Munro wrote:

Look, moto by moto it was what it was nobody is arguing that. He hammered them in moto 1 partly due to a great holeshot while ...more

Tomac was 4th after the first lap in the second moto. AC and JH were 4th and 5th after the second lap in the first moto.

Starts weren't effectively much different......

|

What a great day of racing. Big props to all involved. There was talent on display across the board. US 250 class has great promise. Superb 1st Moto for Tomac. How many times have we heard the "keys to the race" is the start? Watching Herlings ride is a thing of beauty. Caroli, the old master, is one bad mofo. Covington is a fine choice to represent the US at MXDN.

|

Great GP and great racing from both American and European racers! Kind words by Eli by the way. He must be happy to enjoy a well deserved holiday after a tough year. Remember he is racing from beginning of January under huge pressure with only 2 weekends or something off. It was great to see Herlings win (as a fan). Big props to Cairoli too for setting up that pace. Paulin deserves a lot of credit to finish that moto so strong after that (possible career ending) crash in moto 1. Strijbos showed us that he still has the speed and talent to ride top 5 too. Mx2 was awesome as well, I'm becoming a huge fan of Lawrence. Saw him ride in Czech republic and was surprised with his flawless technique. Bright future for that guy. As someone mentioned before, it is great to enjoy this kind of racing as both the European and American federations produce very good riders which results in good racing. I think we should ENJOY that instead of making stupid arguments and discussions. But hey, thats Vitalmxsilly

|

9/3/2017 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 2:36 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

Outrageous.

GD2 wrote:

Jamie_Munro wrote:

Look, moto by moto it was what it was nobody is arguing that. He hammered them in moto 1 partly due to a great holeshot while ...more

"One moto wonder" is, as you are aware, a play on "one hit wonder". Calling someone a one hit wonder doesn't apply to one single year; it applies to that person's entire career. So, the past does matter here.

Also, I addressed the American fans who like to stir the pot every time an American rider beats European riders in my post as well.

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

ocscottie wrote:

GD2 wrote:

You're a fine-tuned posting machine.

Photo

laughing
|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"

ocscottie wrote:

That's a LOT of Red Bull!

|

9/3/2017 2:36 PM

great weekend of racing with lots of up and downs for a lot of people , as a Dutchie i love to see herlings win but this race showed again ... level of these top riders are really close , start could be deciding factor as shown today and i think moto 2 was pretty intense with cairoli trying to get rid of Herlings but yet again didnt manage and made a mistake .. looks like Herlings slowly gets him covered .. Tony is a legend already , but new blood is coming up . Tomac a true champ , being honest in post interview , and he had a damn good race ... somehow i think Tomac didnt take too much risk , he didnt take the quad and that was weird as it looked to be a lot faster ... MEC is around the corner

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

9/3/2017 2:36 PM

JH = Kill em all shocked laughing

|

9/3/2017 2:40 PM

I want to see RJ Hampshire go to des Nations! Is it too late?

Photo

|

9/3/2017 2:43 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

One moto wonder... and you're saying Americans are weird and nut hugging.. Careful, I think you smell like nuts yourself.

|

9/3/2017 2:45 PM

As someone who was there and saw it first hand it was JH and AC simply were better that 2nd moto. ET looked great but they were simply better.

Awesome time at WW hanging out meeting some Vital peeps Harry Backmon and clan and watching some really good racing. The track and facility had issues sure but overall I thought it kicked ass.

BTW some of you keyboard jockeys should go ride instead of trying to over analyze shit on TV. #braaapppp

|

Only 2 things that money can't buy, thats true love and homegrown tomatoes.

9/3/2017 2:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 2:47 PM

Flip109 wrote:

JH = Kill em all shocked laughing

ET3 = "Let God sort them out"

|

9/3/2017 2:47 PM

Tire selection at Geico todayPhoto

|

Only 2 things that money can't buy, thats true love and homegrown tomatoes.